AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Seriously, looks or personality?

Her nickname at age 11. Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2010 05:44 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Seriously, looks or personality?

Merhap. I felt like making another thread. This time about the science of beauty. Anyways:

DO you look at the personality of someone, or the pound(s) of makeup (s)he's wearing? Look inside yourself and be totally honest. And what do you think that a normal mind goes for? Looks, or personality?

I'm gonna be vain and shallow for this second and be honest. I'm sure every other mind thinks this, too.
    At first glance, it's the looks. I mean, seriously? How is there an "attraction factor" about someone based on the first look? You can't have a crush on him for his personality because you don't even know the guy. I mean really. But then the personality about hime will take away that "crush".
    *ahem* Sometimes I fall for personality. Little by little, I start liking them the more I know them. Like right now with someone in my school. He was funny and stuff. And last year in the sixth grade, on the first day, he looked awesome.

And I think most of you usually look at the "hotness", no?

Now enough of my blabbering, what do you think?

lalalalove. keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2011 10:51 AM
    Threads

Well if you don't know the guy you can definatly like him if he's hot.
    Personally looks don't matter that much, I've had a crush on 2 boys that were butt ugly >.>
    But currently I like this boy who I've known since 5th grade. At first I liked him because to be totally honest I thought he was pretty hott >///<
    But the more I get to know him the more I like him.
    And I know that he has a few bad qualities but I really like him and the more I talk to him and get to know him the more I relize that I like him.
    So basically:
    Looks matter at first glance but if you're going to have a relationship then personality is definatly something you're going to have to like about the guy/girl (whatever >.>)

Senior Member Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2010 12:17 PM
    Threads

Well, both. Both count a lot to me.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

I date online for the most part, so I must say I usually fall for personality first. If they happen to be dead sexy, well that's just an added bonus. Though, my friends seem to say things like "Oh I'm glad you guys broke up, you're to cute for her." lol!
    Last edited by Capernicus; 09-14-2007 at 05:46 PM.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

I has Return-ified. -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune-'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-08-2013 06:47 PM
    Threads

I like to meet guys online specifically for this reason, that too many guys count on looks. I mean seriously think about it, if a guy who likes rock music and anime saw two girls with Avenged sevenfold shirts and reading his favorite manga and one happened to look a little better than the other, he'd obiously talk to the prettier one, even if the other girl were nicer, right?

As for me, I judge people on their personalities, not looks. The way you look (weight, etc.) doesnt make you a better or worse person. If someone has a good personality that is usually what I try to look for
    Last edited by -Kitsune-; 09-15-2007 at 10:27 AM.
    Current obsession: Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4 <3

Uber-love to .Savage for this amazing set~ x3

Gifts:Simple1|Goodylucky|Karuto

~Facebook

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

Honestly? Like...really honest? Ok...

HONESTLY, I've noticed that as I have grown up, looks mean less and less to me. Of course it's important to be attracted to whoever you're with, but hell, I'm not that good looking either so you better believe I'm not going to be very judgmental.

I feel lucky just to find someone who actually 'get's me. We're all going to be old and wrinkly oneday, I'd MUCH rather end up with someone homely with an awesome personality, then anyone super hot but not that great of a person.

I'm not saying its either one or the other though, it's not that hard to find both qualities in a person.
    A MaruDashi Creation

Junior Member Curiositykills has much to be proud of Curiositykills has much to be proud of Curiositykills has much to be proud of Curiositykills has much to be proud of Curiositykills has much to be proud of Curiositykills has much to be proud of Curiositykills has much to be proud of Curiositykills has much to be proud of Curiositykills has much to be proud of Curiositykills's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2007 08:01 PM
    why shouldu get to know that bit of info? o.O
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post
    I date online for the most part, so I must say I usually fall for personality first. If they happen to be dead sexy, well that's just an added bonus. Though, my friends seem to say things like "Oh I'm glad you guys broke up, you're to cute for her." lol!
    well i don't date online but i agree with what you said though i most likely fall for personality first, and if they look hott then that's just a bonus on their awesome personality

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Curiositykills View Post
    well i don't date online but i agree with what you said though i most likely fall for personality first, and if they look hott then that's just a bonus on their awesome personality
    You're a filthy, filthy, liar.

You're telling me, if the personality is good enough, you'd date

?

I think not.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Junior Member Curiositykills has much to be proud of Curiositykills has much to be proud of Curiositykills has much to be proud of Curiositykills has much to be proud of Curiositykills has much to be proud of Curiositykills has much to be proud of Curiositykills has much to be proud of Curiositykills has much to be proud of Curiositykills has much to be proud of Curiositykills's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sheesh...why do I have to be put on the spot? o.O

Ok well maybe not him, because c'mon man he's wearing a tiara. Who does stuff like that? That doesn't seem like a personality, that's that appealing to me. But it's not because of how big he is if you get that impression...I've liked people out of the average weight before BUT it was all because of their personality. If you don't go down to the personality and your basing it on looks, your relationship won't turn out as well as you think...that's from my point of view anyway

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

Oh please, your lying to everyone your a 50/50 guy. Along with every other guy on here. I myself am i 50/50. I have to have the looks yet have a great personality. I just can't have all looks and have no one upstairs. And i can't have all personality without barfing aka masali's image.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

What a shame...what's up with you people?! why won't you believe me? I'm telling you the truth, look i laughed at the picture myself but I'm not lying I guess I'm not being that convincing...I guess I'll agree with what you said though about having all looks with no one upstairs, and that the first thing I look at IS a person's outside but AFTER that if their personality doesn't cut it what's the point to the relationship

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

You're trying too hard buddy.
    Just walk away and let it go...Thats the only way to win on this forum.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I've figured that out...

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

Obviously both. Looks say a lot about one's personality and hobbies.

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

DSE's Stalker! I am your stalker has a reputation beyond repute I am your stalker has a reputation beyond repute I am your stalker has a reputation beyond repute I am your stalker has a reputation beyond repute I am your stalker has a reputation beyond repute I am your stalker has a reputation beyond repute I am your stalker has a reputation beyond repute I am your stalker has a reputation beyond repute I am your stalker has a reputation beyond repute I am your stalker has a reputation beyond repute I am your stalker has a reputation beyond repute I am your stalker's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2007 03:47 PM
    Threads

personality all the way looks are a bonus!! ya!! ^_^

I has Return-ified. -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune- has a reputation beyond repute -Kitsune-'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-08-2013 06:47 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by GaMeGoD View Post
    Obviously both. Looks say a lot about one's personality and hobbies.
    Well yeah, but a lot of people try to look like something they're not >.> So looks arent too dependable when judging a person
    Current obsession: Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4 <3

Uber-love to .Savage for this amazing set~ x3

Gifts:Simple1|Goodylucky|Karuto

~Facebook

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune~girl View Post
    Well yeah, but a lot of people try to look like something they're not >.> So looks arent too dependable when judging a person
    Yes and when you find that out, you confirm that they are a liar, since they're lying to themselves. That's why you need to look at both.

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Senior Member Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2011 09:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: KCEB91

Hmm I guess it depends. If I know him well enough that I actually develop a crush on him; but he has a moderate factor of looks, I will mostlikely consider going out with him. [xD I have fallen for a guy like this...and still am] O-o

But if it was a guy with good looks but I barely know him...then no.

Yes, I am a girl ;-;
    Last edited by Gizoku; 09-14-2007 at 09:12 PM.
    Derp.

Senior Member hoshima haruna has a reputation beyond repute hoshima haruna has a reputation beyond repute hoshima haruna has a reputation beyond repute hoshima haruna has a reputation beyond repute hoshima haruna has a reputation beyond repute hoshima haruna has a reputation beyond repute hoshima haruna has a reputation beyond repute hoshima haruna has a reputation beyond repute hoshima haruna has a reputation beyond repute hoshima haruna has a reputation beyond repute hoshima haruna has a reputation beyond repute hoshima haruna's Avatar
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2008 02:51 PM
    Threads

well i look ate personality more than anything *is a girl*
    Live and let live.
    Die being alive.

im in a great dream Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2010 11:24 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: *thinks* idk

Quote Originally Posted by GaMeGoD View Post
    Yes and when you find that out, you confirm that they are a liar, since they're lying to themselves. That's why you need to look at both.
    yea i agree with that, but the first thing i look at to be honest is looks of course! i will NOT lie unlike other peoples "*ahem* Kills..." ...but then i look at both but keeping their looks in mind of course...
    LOVE YA: HEG <33 PON, KIBUM <3

"Oh oh oh oh Oppareul saranghae. Ah ah ah ah manhi manhihae." - Girls Generstion "Oh"

Senior Member ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Venus Star Wand Top Manekineko American Flag Ribbon
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2012 10:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Personality definitely. But looks ... well, let's say most ppl I see who's super good looking ain't so nice. Most super good looking ppl *cough*girls*cough* are pretty mean. But of course, I still try to get to know them if they do to me too. I just like fair looking people, with good personality.

---Sorry I am currently inactive; very busy with this new Filipino school x.x they are seriously trying to kill me--
    Karami the Neko Red Bean Dango ~
    Want to join Karami's Big Dango Family?

Senior Member Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Neko Tv Hello Kitty
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2013 07:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Looks matter a little bit to me but, personality is more important.

Bring me back!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by edward10 View Post
    I'm looking for episodes that have hungry girls with growling stomachs
    I lol'd at this

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

They did a scientific study on this and found out that no matter what preferences a man states he will always choose based on looks. Women tended to stick to their initial preferences.

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

I like how no one has challenged my statement that looks aren't that important. *is cool like that*

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post
    I like how no one has challenged my statement that looks aren't that important. *is cool like that*
    Probably because they saw the picture of your last girlfriend.

OH SNAP!

(I think I need to self-evaluate my behavior, I feel like I'm getting too mean. ) Am I?
    A MaruDashi Creation

Closed Thread

Thread Information