AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: 'Wheel of Time' author Robert Jordan dies

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default 'Wheel of Time' author Robert Jordan dies

News Taken from New Zealand Herald
    Best selling fantasy author Robert Jordan has died of a rare blood disease aged 58, it has been reported.
    Jordan - whose real name was James Oliver Rigney Jr - wrote the "Wheel of Time" series, which sold millions of books since the first - "The Eye of the World" - was published in 1990.
    Associated Press (AP) news agency reported that Jordan died at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston on Sunday local time.
    He was working on the 12th book of his "Wheel of Time" series at the time of his death.
    The books follow Rand al'Thor on his journey to battle ultimate evil.
    Jordan had spent most of his life in Charleston, telling AP in 2003: "What I write is certainly not set in South Carolina, but I have had a number of reviewers comment on the fact that I write with a distinctly Southern voice.
    "It goes beyond more than simply where the story is set. I believe it is something we take in in the air and the water. It's a matter of word choices - of the rhythms of sentences and the rhythm of speech in particular."

Jordan had worked as a nuclear engineer before becoming a full time writer in 1977, AP said. He is survived by his wife, Harriet McDougal Rigney.

I am a big fan of the Wheel of Time series and I must say I am greatly saddened by his death. He created a fantasy world that rivals Tolkein's Middle Earth. I wish to give his family my greatest condolences.

A priori Petrol Gas has a reputation beyond repute Petrol Gas has a reputation beyond repute Petrol Gas has a reputation beyond repute Petrol Gas has a reputation beyond repute Petrol Gas has a reputation beyond repute Petrol Gas has a reputation beyond repute Petrol Gas has a reputation beyond repute Petrol Gas has a reputation beyond repute Petrol Gas has a reputation beyond repute Petrol Gas has a reputation beyond repute Petrol Gas has a reputation beyond repute Petrol Gas's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Hotflash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2010 11:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wow, that's really not what I expected. I had read The Wheel of Time up to the 10th book, and I was waiting for the last two to come out before I picked it up again. He was a great author, or at least that was my impression of him.
    A man chooses.
    A slave obeys.

Is Grimbo Scythe Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2010 05:06 PM
    Threads

havent seen those
    THUG LIFE
    _(\_/)
    _(XX)
    (>_)>stupid bunny
    avatar by the uber talented Nespa

grim:

Unrelenting; rigid.Uninviting or unnerving in aspect; forbidding sinister.

Semper Fidelis

Patapon Warrior zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2009 11:27 PM
    Threads

R.I.P to him.
    Though don't know much about that author or his works.

Why don't fingers fing? Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2009 01:19 AM
    Threads

I was very sad when I read this news on GRRM's livejournal. Though I had heard of Jordan's disease for quite a while, I hadn't really expected this to happen. He had always been so positive about his condition, even when it was coming down to his final days.

I offer my condolences to his family and especially to his wife Harriet because it was obvious that they were a true pair and I know it must be very hard for her to be without him.

Closed Thread

Thread Information