AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: What if...?

Member Lust~Kuchiki~13 is on a distinguished road Lust~Kuchiki~13's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2008 03:42 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default What if...?

What if 4kids did FMA? Would you still watch it? Or would you completely and utterly ignore it. I would ignore it. They would have to cut out soooo much. Plus, what about Lust? They would have to somehow change the way she's drawn. I don't know about you. But I would be doing this the whole time.

緑巫女 かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2014 02:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: WTF?You kidding me?

Heh-I totally ignore the English dubbed version of FMA anyway, even if 4Kids Entertainment *didn't* put it out. Original Japanese language for me! Heck, I don't think I've even dared listen to the Dubbed version beyond one episode...
    I love Inuyasha character Kagome to death, but there are times I just want to beat the girl over the head with a 9 iron.

私は犬夜叉の妻である
    We all must fight; to protect, to survive, to keep alive what we believe in.

Member Daisuke(han) is a name known to all Daisuke(han) is a name known to all Daisuke(han) is a name known to all Daisuke(han) is a name known to all Daisuke(han) is a name known to all Daisuke(han) is a name known to all Daisuke(han)'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2007 05:54 AM
    Threads

I dont like english version in anime(none of them) im a kind of japanese version fan and thats the only way that I see a anime.
    If FMA was english I probably see it... 5 minutes XD
    Japanese 4 live!!

I love snow flakes

Member Alphonse-kun has a reputation beyond repute Alphonse-kun has a reputation beyond repute Alphonse-kun has a reputation beyond repute Alphonse-kun has a reputation beyond repute Alphonse-kun has a reputation beyond repute Alphonse-kun has a reputation beyond repute Alphonse-kun has a reputation beyond repute Alphonse-kun has a reputation beyond repute Alphonse-kun has a reputation beyond repute Alphonse-kun has a reputation beyond repute Alphonse-kun has a reputation beyond repute Alphonse-kun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2009 02:31 AM
    Threads

Oh, yeah. They would need 15yd scissors to cut some parts...
    "Thereisnothingthatdoesnotexist" Me

My anime list | My family

NEED A SIG? I CAN MAKE IT! PM ME FOR DETAILS

Actually Watching : Fullmetal Alchemist Conqueror of Shamballa

~Lolitaloid~ Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts 151 - Mew
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2011 07:46 PM
    Threads

That would be so totally messed up.I would never and flip to that channel at all.
    Set by me.

I was Hieko.

Senior Member Barako_no_Shi has a reputation beyond repute Barako_no_Shi has a reputation beyond repute Barako_no_Shi has a reputation beyond repute Barako_no_Shi has a reputation beyond repute Barako_no_Shi has a reputation beyond repute Barako_no_Shi has a reputation beyond repute Barako_no_Shi has a reputation beyond repute Barako_no_Shi has a reputation beyond repute Barako_no_Shi has a reputation beyond repute Barako_no_Shi has a reputation beyond repute Barako_no_Shi has a reputation beyond repute Barako_no_Shi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2009 06:23 PM
    Well, I'm not a pirate on a ship, or a gardener in France..
    Threads

Cripes, would there be much of the show at all then? If they did, it would ruin the whole aspect of the series for me. Even if I would have seen the Japanese first. Dubs do that to me, well "some" not all, and apparently 4Kids doesn't seem to be liked much. (I wouldn't really know, since I've barely seen anything by 4Kids. Wait--- Yes, I have. Ooh, yup, it would ruin it wholly for me. ^^')

Jose101's Chevalier #4 rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2008 01:11 PM
    In Hamashimura's "dungeon"...if you know what I mean
    Threads

If that was the case, I wouldn't have touched it with a 10 foot pole. I would have just stuck with the original japanese and not have bothered with the english dub at all.

If you want an example of 4Kids' abilities, just look at One Piece. The original was good but when I saw the 4Kids dub on cartoon network's toonami, my jaw dropped. 4Kids just massacred it to death. I mean the english version of anime is never as good as the original. But with One Piece, 4Kids just decimated it.
    Last edited by rubberbabybuggybumper; 11-14-2007 at 01:32 PM.
    ~Yay! This is the first sig I ever made!~
    Wanna be friends? Just drop me a line.
    My family is in my blog. Pm me to become a member.
    The more the merrier!

Member cakic has a reputation beyond repute cakic has a reputation beyond repute cakic has a reputation beyond repute cakic has a reputation beyond repute cakic has a reputation beyond repute cakic has a reputation beyond repute cakic has a reputation beyond repute cakic has a reputation beyond repute cakic has a reputation beyond repute cakic has a reputation beyond repute cakic has a reputation beyond repute cakic's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 02:12 PM
    Threads

hell i dont even have 4kids on my tv! Japanese r original so thats the way they r supposed to be shown!!!!! FMA ROCKS!!!!!!!! (loveless better)XD

Senior Member nikoko-nozomu is a name known to all nikoko-nozomu is a name known to all nikoko-nozomu is a name known to all nikoko-nozomu is a name known to all nikoko-nozomu is a name known to all nikoko-nozomu is a name known to all nikoko-nozomu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2007 12:07 PM
    Threads

If FMA was put out by 4Kids, there would've been unrecognizable for any fans of the show, I think. However, I don't think they'd be inclined to put something like that out because (from what little I know about them) they seem to take on shows that are geared toward the twelve-and-under market, while FMA had a lot of moments that probably would've never made it past the censors for kiddy cartoons (i.e., the whole Nina and the "chimera" deal; Scar creating a new stone; etc.).

In answer to the question, I probably would've ignored FMA altogether and never worried too much about it, and my pocket book would probably be heavier for it; that's the only possible positive I can find in that scenario. ^_^;;

Always evolving...if ever so strangely

Jose does not forgive! Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 09:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: PMMEFORTHIS

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i don't even want to think about it

the horror!!!!!

Senior Member Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-13-2010 11:15 PM
    Threads

Some things simply should not be thought of.

Good grief, someone on IMDb did a "What if 4Kids did the Naruto dub?" thread. Here's the results:

*After Sasuke pierces Gaara with the Chidori*
    Gaara: THAT HURTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! UGHHHH!!!!!!
    (Instead of yelling out: "BLOOOOOOD! IT'S MY BLOOOOOOOOOOD!")

When Naruto (Ned) is informed that Ebisu (Edward) is training him:

Ned: Why cant you train me, Mr. Kevin (Kakashi)? This guy is a weirdo!
    Kevin: A what now?
    (Edward whispers to Ned's ear)
    Edward: Shut up! I'll buy you some chicken noodle soup if you keep quiet.
    Ned: You better!

*Itachi and Kisame encounter Kurenai and Asuma*

Evan(Itachi with a french accent) - Out of my way, or I'll destroy you!
    Greg(Asuma with southern accent) - Well I'll be darned, that be the guy who kidnapped his entire gosh darn clan!
    Kisame: Don't forget about me guppy, you have about as much chance against me as a fish out of water. We won't be playing Marco polo today my friend, and the movie Jaws won't seem so scary! (just to fill in 1/4 the quota of puns and jokes based on Kisame being a fish)
    *insert lame techno music*

Good grief, how is 4Kids still in business?! At least a different dub company is re-doing One Piece from what I've heard. The 4Kids version of that was painful beyond words.
    My name is Kakashi Hatake. What I like....I don't feel like telling you that. My dreams for the future...hmm, never really thought about that. As for my hobbies...well, I have many hobbies.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2009 06:30 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by かごめ View Post
    Heh-I totally ignore the English dubbed version of FMA anyway, even if 4Kids Entertainment *didn't* put it out. Original Japanese language for me! Heck, I don't think I've even dared listen to the Dubbed version beyond one episode...
    Same here I would stick to the original japanese version. Its just like the DBZ versions in English, they cut everything cool out. Thats why I watch the japanese edition. But I have to have it in english subtitles so that I can understand it.
    What did I do so bad that my account is locked?

Jose101's Chevalier #4 rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper has a reputation beyond repute rubberbabybuggybumper's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2008 01:11 PM
    In Hamashimura's "dungeon"...if you know what I mean
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Doom85 View Post
    Good grief, how is 4Kids still in business?! At least a different dub company is re-doing One Piece from what I've heard. The 4Kids version of that was painful beyond words.
    I know. What's really surprising is that 4Kids was able to change the animation for One Piece. They covered up all of the cleavage, got rid of all smoking and even replaced cigarettes with a baby's binky. Seriously. Thank god Funimation took over cause it was just too painful to watch.
    Last edited by rubberbabybuggybumper; 11-17-2007 at 11:40 PM.
    ~Yay! This is the first sig I ever made!~
    Wanna be friends? Just drop me a line.
    My family is in my blog. Pm me to become a member.
    The more the merrier!

Senior Member Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-13-2010 11:15 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by gokuman89 View Post
    Same here I would stick to the original japanese version. Its just like the DBZ versions in English, they cut everything cool out. Thats why I watch the japanese edition. But I have to have it in english subtitles so that I can understand it.
    What are you talking about? The FMA dub IS unedited. It's on Adult Swim for a reason.
    My name is Kakashi Hatake. What I like....I don't feel like telling you that. My dreams for the future...hmm, never really thought about that. As for my hobbies...well, I have many hobbies.

Jose does not forgive! Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 09:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: PMMEFORTHIS

Quote Originally Posted by Doom85 View Post
    What are you talking about? The FMA dub IS unedited. It's on Adult Swim for a reason.

It is somewhat edit for language diff. they always do that because sometime there are not exact translation

~Lolitaloid~ Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel has a reputation beyond repute Asriel's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts 151 - Mew
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2011 07:46 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by jose101 View Post
    It is somewhat edit for language diff. they always do that because sometime there are not exact translation

True that.

Still.........
    It would be so horrific if they did that and I would never and flip to a channel around that channel.Just thinking about it makes me wonder why I posted on this board.
    That would be so uncool.I'm still just as surprised that 4kids even still comes on.Funimation shouldn't let them go because if they did,..........I would have to puke.
    Set by me.

I was Hieko.

I'm No Angel! Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2013 08:59 AM
    Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States, 109436565740998, Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Threads

I watched it in Japanese...I tried the dub but (don't hit me) I have Ed's English voice. I like to watch the orginals anyway because I am always afraid of the dubs changing whats said or what happens...not fond of that at all... =/

Morphine. Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Paint Palette Gun Camera Dslr
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2012 10:22 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Heh,i only like the Japanese version and i heard it in spanish,portugese,italian,and english ...and if you think in english sounds bad you don't wanna imagine how it sounds in romanian....>.>
    No Mercy,
    No Remorse.

||Thank you MaruDashi for the great set!||

Member kuraixtenshi has a reputation beyond repute kuraixtenshi has a reputation beyond repute kuraixtenshi has a reputation beyond repute kuraixtenshi has a reputation beyond repute kuraixtenshi has a reputation beyond repute kuraixtenshi has a reputation beyond repute kuraixtenshi has a reputation beyond repute kuraixtenshi has a reputation beyond repute kuraixtenshi has a reputation beyond repute kuraixtenshi has a reputation beyond repute kuraixtenshi has a reputation beyond repute kuraixtenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2008 12:50 AM
    lost in a dream with reccurring nightmares
    Threads

That would freaking suck! If 4kids did it, I wouldn't touch it. I hate 4kids! They ruin everything they dub!

Yuri fangirl

Senior Member Zidarri has a reputation beyond repute Zidarri has a reputation beyond repute Zidarri has a reputation beyond repute Zidarri has a reputation beyond repute Zidarri has a reputation beyond repute Zidarri has a reputation beyond repute Zidarri has a reputation beyond repute Zidarri has a reputation beyond repute Zidarri has a reputation beyond repute Zidarri has a reputation beyond repute Zidarri has a reputation beyond repute Zidarri's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2008 08:39 AM
    Threads

I never watched dubbed anime. The voice-actors don't fit very well, most often. They edit it too much for my tastes. Just look at One Piece. Hah.

If 4Kids dubbed it, I would probably pull a Dogma slaughter on them

Mega Man ZX Mega Man Zero has a reputation beyond repute Mega Man Zero has a reputation beyond repute Mega Man Zero has a reputation beyond repute Mega Man Zero has a reputation beyond repute Mega Man Zero has a reputation beyond repute Mega Man Zero has a reputation beyond repute Mega Man Zero has a reputation beyond repute Mega Man Zero has a reputation beyond repute Mega Man Zero has a reputation beyond repute Mega Man Zero has a reputation beyond repute Mega Man Zero has a reputation beyond repute Mega Man Zero's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2009 09:16 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: None

I guess I would watch it, But it would be weird to do so, looking at an Anime on a kids show.

chérir-- kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2009 01:11 PM
    Threads

Honestly...I don't think 4kids COULD dub FMA.

Why? Because there is guns and a crap load of violence.

Guns + Violence + 4kids = Would mean HORID CRAP thanks to 4kids.

The show would lose all meaning.
    Last edited by kaori_tenshi; 02-23-2008 at 12:38 AM.

A very beautiful set made by KP ^_^.I love you so much!
    Thank you Lawlietth <3 I love it

Closed Thread

Thread Information