We're going to be holding weekly photo contests, every Sunday, with a prize of 4000 rupees to the winner, along with the satisfaction of knowing you took a good picture.
Rules are as follows:
We will announce each theme a week in advance, and you will have until Sunday midnight, to find/take the photo, and post it in the weekly contest thread. The mods will post a theme photo also, but we aren't eligible to win ^_^
On Monday, the contest thread will be closed, and we will post both a voting thread, and a thread for the next weeks contest. We will also set up a subforum for archiving the contests. The voting will run for a week, when the winner will be announced.
The rules are as follows:
Your submission must be:
- Taken with a digital camera that records EXIF, and EXIF should be left in the submission
- Attached to your post.
- Taken and post-processed by you.
- Created from a single capture, unless the contest specifies otherwise
You may NOT:
- Use any feature of your camera, EXCEPT to combine multiple images into one
- Crop, rotate, resize your entry
- Use filters or stand alone utilities designed to preserve image integrity (Neat Image, Noise Ninja, Unsharp Mask, dust & scratch and color correction tools) These filters must be applied uniformly to the entire image. No effect filters may be used past Noise and Gaussian Blur.
- Saturate / desaturate or change the colors of your entry, but only as applied to the whole image
- Add a border to the outside edge of your image, if it's easily visible as such
- Use RAW conversion software, so long as all changes are made globally
- Spot edit the entry, except to remove sensor dust or hot pixels
- Submit the same image in two consecutive contests
- Submit any image that previously won or an image that was picked for voting less then 5 weeks ago
- Submit more than one image per contest
- Make any edits to a selection of the image
- Add objects or features (such as text, lens flare, clip art, renders, parts from other photos) to the image
- Remove objects or features other then sensor dust/hot pixels
- Distort or stretch the image in any way
- Submit a photo containing anything that goes against the general rules of the site (nudity, etc)