AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is the nature of addiction?

███ ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-07-2008 08:45 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default What is the nature of addiction?

What causes something to be addictive? Can only substances be addictive, or can activities become addictive as well? Does addiction as we understand it now even exist?

Is addiction really a "disease" as many like Alcoholics Anonymous would have you believe or is it, in fact, a choice we are all capable of making on our own?

If addiction exists, what can be done to prevent or treat it?

I think this is tough set of questions to answer.

Addiction is what we generally think of when a person compulsive engages in a behavior we would consider potentially destructive to their life. But my post is probing a little further into the nature of the human will. It's more of a question of how much choice we really have in any kind of circumstance.

I'd say a person freely enters into potentially addictive behavior when they do something like take drugs or start drinking in the first place. In that regard, anything they do wrong afterwards probably still makes them guilty.

For instance, say a gentleman had been using drugs for decades and it's messed with his brain to the point he's become delusional and murders another person (was just reading about a court case like this). Could and should we hold him accountable? He did start taking drugs in the first place, and probably had numerous opportunities to seek help, so maybe we should.

I don't think it's easy for people to quit doing certain things once they've gotten in the habit of it. At the same time, I don't buy that we should let them off the hook when they've done something reprehensible just because they've lost "control." If people were doing something ultra-hazardous like manufacturing dynamite, we'd expect them to take extra precautions to ensure the safety of everyone and if something went wrong, we'd expect them to pay since they assumed the risk in the first place. That same principle should apply here. We ought to expect a little foresight and reason out of people.

Discuss;
    ████████████

The Lich Sith Lord Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2010 01:20 PM
    Threads

What makes addiction? Well in my view, it's just someones strong love, passion, liking to something. That they act as if they need it. Feel wierd without it.

Addiction = obsession = gluttony. BAsically how I see it, and someone else I know.

For example - I'm fully addicted to Cradle of Filth, I have to listen to them a few tiems a day or I feel absolutely weird.

All my view so yeah.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, there's chemical and psychological addiction. Chemical addiction is due to specific chemistry of the substance, and psychological addiction, which is actually the same as chemical addiction, except it relies on substances already present in the system, like adrenaline or endorphins, so the addiction is to whatever activity makes the system release those chemicals, such as sex, sports, fear, or whatever makes you feel good.

Alcoholism I do consider a disease, mainly because of the substantial effects it has on the body, and that you can't cold turkey on it (you may die.) But I'm not making any blanket statements on addiction in general, it -may- be a disease, but far from always.
    Last edited by Eris; 08-30-2007 at 01:59 PM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

It all has to do with someone benefiting from the substance or action such as a a boost of chemicals in the brain that releases a high or for AA or drunks, they are addicted to alcohol because it relieves them from reality.

A priori Petrol Gas has a reputation beyond repute Petrol Gas has a reputation beyond repute Petrol Gas has a reputation beyond repute Petrol Gas has a reputation beyond repute Petrol Gas has a reputation beyond repute Petrol Gas has a reputation beyond repute Petrol Gas has a reputation beyond repute Petrol Gas has a reputation beyond repute Petrol Gas has a reputation beyond repute Petrol Gas has a reputation beyond repute Petrol Gas has a reputation beyond repute Petrol Gas's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Hotflash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2010 11:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Eris sounds right on this one. I have no evidence statistically, but I do have anecdotal evidence.

I've been weaseling my way out of an addiction for two years now, and I gotta say it's not just about willpower. I've managed to put some time between visits, but I still come back every time when I start to want to. It's like with caffeine when you drink it for a while. If you notice, drink only one drink a day at the same time for three days. On the fourth day stop. The withdrawl symptoms that you should feel on that fourth day (ie: Thirst, Hunger, Irritability) are actually just the addiction calling you back to drink more.

Statistical would be more concrete if someone's got some though...
    A man chooses.
    A slave obeys.

Senior Member Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2007 03:19 PM
    Threads

I think the tendancie to become an addict may be at least in part genetic. Looking back, there is a clear path on my family tree where they have had to deal with alchohalism or other addictions in one form or another.

By no means to I think this gives people a free pass. Simply being inclined to addiction is just another thing you have to deal with in life, you still are completly responsible for your addiction.

I can already tell I am at least inclined to addiction. Small hobbies can easily escalate into life consuming obsessions if I don't work to keep it under control. This is my lot and I have to work at it. I deserve no pity, no drug to control it, no sappy PSA about "a terrible affliction". Weep for those deserving, not those who shirk responsibility.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    What makes addiction? Well in my view, it's just someones strong love, passion, liking to something. That they act as if they need it. Feel wierd without it.

Addiction = obsession = gluttony. BAsically how I see it, and someone else I know.

For example - I'm fully addicted to Cradle of Filth, I have to listen to them a few tiems a day or I feel absolutely weird.

All my view so yeah.
    Well that's a statement that should be savagely disregarded. Addiction is a dependency on certain chemicals, either released directly from the brain, or from drugs. It isn't just "BOY, I LOVE LIVING IN A GUTTER AND SMOKING CRACK ALL DAY." Do you love Cradle of Filth SO MUCH you would be willing to sleep in your own feces, eat out of dumpsters, and give people the hand to listen to it? No you don't. Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by International 4-8818 View Post
    It all has to do with someone benefiting from the substance or action such as a a boost of chemicals in the brain that releases a high or for AA or drunks, they are addicted to alcohol because it relieves them from reality.
    Not Exactly. Moderate doses have a numbing effect on some parts of the brain, and a stimulating effect on others.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

The Character Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2007 10:12 PM
    Threads

Cigarettes. Need I say more?

All I need is hand grenades.

Why rob a bank? Rob a drug dealer. What are they gonna do? Call the cops?

MySpace
    http://www.Otaku-Gamer.com

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

Substances and activities can both become addictive. The easiest to understand is drugs because they change the chemical balance of hormones in the body to the point where your brain feels as if it can't function without the drug (anything from caffeine to heroin has this effect). But activities can have the same effect also. When we do something that we enjoy, the brain is releasing endorphins (happy hormones) around the body as well as a few others which I can't remember the name of. The more you do the particular activity the easier it is to become addicted to it because of the frequency the happy hormones are being released.

To answer the question of if an addiction could be classed as a disease or not, I'd say they certainly have the potential. If an addiction gets to the point where the body cannot function relatively normally then yes it would be a disease. This encompasses not only physical changes on the body such as brain damage in the case of drugs but also living factors like anti-social or manic behaviour, which can happen in cases of game addictions and whatnot.

Defeating addictions is as much a 'mind over matter' process as it is a medical one, purely because of what the mind is capable of. It is possible to convince yourself that you are sick, even if you are healthy, to the point where the brain becomes so confused you start to exhibit symptoms of sickness. This is one of the reasons why drugs that are prescribed to alter moods or combat depression often don't work because the mind can negate their effects on hormone levels (either consciously or unconsciously).

Prevention in terms of substances is easier than that in terms of activities. You can educate someone on the effects of caffeine or cocaine but how do you educate someone on the effects of Warcraft o.O?
    Last edited by OminousCloud; 08-30-2007 at 11:48 PM.

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Loveless ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2007 01:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: I want one! T-T

an addiction is a term to define people who are too weak within their own mind to realize they dont need to depend on w/e it is they are addicted to survive.

I know this from exp. not to mention i'm studying psychology in college.
    :l: Love :l: Passion :l: Desire :l:
    L O V E L E S S
    - Sometimes Gender doesn't matter.... -

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ♥Ritsuka♥ View Post
    an addiction is a term to define people who are too weak within their own mind to realize they dont need to depend on w/e it is they are addicted to survive.

That's oversimplifying way too much, to the point where complete disregard has been given to hormonal levels which are the basis for addiction...

Senior Member Ricecakes™ has a reputation beyond repute Ricecakes™ has a reputation beyond repute Ricecakes™ has a reputation beyond repute Ricecakes™ has a reputation beyond repute Ricecakes™ has a reputation beyond repute Ricecakes™ has a reputation beyond repute Ricecakes™ has a reputation beyond repute Ricecakes™ has a reputation beyond repute Ricecakes™ has a reputation beyond repute Ricecakes™ has a reputation beyond repute Ricecakes™ has a reputation beyond repute Ricecakes™'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-17-2007 05:58 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: If I had one ; - ;

Addictions can be harmful, and deadly, but you can't always categorize addiction with those terms.
    There are many forms of being "addicted" to something, from Video Games, to cigarettes, as previously said.
    Being an 'addict' to something shows weakness, of something one can not let go of.

Also, I don't know if this is true but there is some scientific evidence that addictions may be a "chemical imbalance".
    {サムライチャンプルー}

{Stussy Samurai} - {Bandai}theme: MP2K

Toujours Pur BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Leo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2024 11:42 PM
    Threads

Addiction is obsession .Addiction is normal for us but we have to control it before it will destroy our future.
    Last edited by BuLmA; 08-31-2007 at 01:07 AM.

HTC love MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2009 12:42 AM
    Threads

Just to throw something different into the mix, would you regard an eating disorder as an addiction? They experience similar psychological conditions although not eating the minimum amount of energy would kind of operate in the reverse. If they skip a meal, they get an overwhelming sense of euphoria in the hope of losing more weight. That's a similar experience to someone using drugs is it not?

Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MomijiTMO View Post
    Just to throw something different into the mix, would you regard an eating disorder as an addiction? They experience similar psychological conditions although not eating the minimum amount of energy would kind of operate in the reverse. If they skip a meal, they get an overwhelming sense of euphoria in the hope of losing more weight. That's a similar experience to someone using drugs is it not?
    Hmm I don't think it's the same thing really, not all of them feel euphoria and it doesn't really trigger the same circulation of endorphins.

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    Cigarettes. Need I say more?
    Nope, not really, being as there is nothing to discuss here. There's just random definitions from some members and witty comments from witty members.

Loveless ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥ has a reputation beyond repute ♥Ritsuka♥'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MomijiTMO View Post
    No eating disorder is what it says, its a disorder, eating disorderes can often be categorized with psychological disorders, since it all relates to the brain itself, a person can defeat psychological disorders no matter if it takes a life time it can still be done no matter who they are. The only thing that would stand in their way is if they want to defeat it, and that the psychologist they are working with is good enough to realize they can help them. As far as eating disorders go it is not the disorder itself which is addicting it is the effects it brings. Such as loosing weight, the person becomes unkowning of how their body really looks therfore is blinded by how skinny they are becoming. we call this General medical conditions; superior mesenteric artery syndrome; Major Depressive Disorder; Schizophrenia; Social Phobia; Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder; Body Dysmorphic Disorder; Bulimia Nervosa. In no way is an eating disorder an addiction here is why.
    1. Refusal to maintain body weight at or above a minimally normal weight for age and height (e.g., weight loss leading to maintenance of body weight less than 85% of that expected; or failure to make expected weight gain during period of growth, leading to body weight less than 85% of that expected).
    2. Intense fear of gaining weight or becoming fat, even though underweight.
    3. Disturbance in the way in which one's body weight or shape is experienced, undue influence of body weight or shape on self-evaluation, or denial of the seriousness of the current low body weight.
    4. In postmenarcheal females, amenorrhea, i.e., the absence of at least three consecutive menstrual cycles. (A woman is considered to have amenorrhea if her periods occur only following hormone, e.g., estrogen, administration.)
    Addiction can be defined as something your body becomes dependant on, there also can be psychological addiction where it effects your mind more than your body. Although some people may argue that The same personality factors that place individuals at risk for substance abuse are often found in individuals with eating disorders. With addiction and eating disorders there is a need to discharge affective experience through action rather than feeling or being able to talk about them, an inability to regulate tension, the need for immediate gratification, poor impulsive control, and a fragile sense of self. Often in those with eating disorders and substance abuse problems drugs or alcohol is used in attempts to avoid binge eating. Similarly, those with eating disorders may deny their problem or attempt to keep it a secret, much like addicts try to conceal their drug and alcohol usage. Similar to genetic components of addiction, there is a large genetic component to body type.
    Last edited by ♥Ritsuka♥; 08-31-2007 at 11:16 AM.
    L O V E L E S S

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Except for those people who truly are dependent on a drug, to the extent they would die if they quit cold turkey.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Similar to genetic components of addiction, there is a large genetic component to body type.
    OMG are you serious?!!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mini_Twilight View Post
    OMG are you serious?!!
    lol its so hard to tell if you mean that question of if its sarcasim lol so in case its meaningful yes I mean that, and for sarasim sthu >> lol
    Last edited by ♥Ritsuka♥; 08-31-2007 at 10:40 PM.
    L O V E L E S S

Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

lol its so hard to tell if you mean that question of if its sarcasim lol so in case its meaningful yes I mean that, and for sarasim sthu >> lol
    lol it was very much sarcasm

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mini_Twilight View Post
    lol it was very much sarcasm
    sorry for the way you felt to that statement but you know it had to be done since some of the ppl here have half a brain and an iq to match ^^;;
    Last edited by ♥Ritsuka♥; 08-31-2007 at 10:45 PM.
    L O V E L E S S

Junior Member Miyabi121190 will become famous soon enough Miyabi121190 will become famous soon enough Miyabi121190's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2008 10:18 PM
    Threads

Half a brain...what's the I.Q. for half a brain anyway?

Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Miyabi121190 View Post
    Half a brain...what's the I.Q. for half a brain anyway?
    Half of whatever the average IQ is...

Junior Member Miyabi121190 will become famous soon enough Miyabi121190 will become famous soon enough Miyabi121190's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2008 10:18 PM
    Threads

But I've always heard that one half of your brain contained the logic and speech centers and the other half was bit that controlled your emotions and fine motor skills. So I don't think that you would lose exactly half of your intelligence with half a brain, just that your would lose the ability to think clearly or to act directly in accordance to your original thought.

Closed Thread

Thread Information