AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Action Movie of the Year

Senior Member Hardcore Gamer is a splendid one to behold Hardcore Gamer is a splendid one to behold Hardcore Gamer is a splendid one to behold Hardcore Gamer is a splendid one to behold Hardcore Gamer is a splendid one to behold Hardcore Gamer is a splendid one to behold Hardcore Gamer is a splendid one to behold Hardcore Gamer is a splendid one to behold Hardcore Gamer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-2009 08:12 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Exclamation Action Movie of the Year

This whole year, there were a lot of hyped movies that came out in theaters. What do you think was the best? It could be movies that came out on DVD as well (and just because that extends the selection). I'll go first, since I'm starting the thread:

I pick the CGI-action fest that was Transformers. The movie overall I thought was pretty good, and I'm even going to buy it when it comes on DVD. The guy who voiced Optimus Prime, the leader of the Autobots, was also the guy who voiced Optimus Prime for the 80's cartoon. The movie was good, but it was the only new movie that I can think of that I saw.

Also, i didnt think of this until mhummo posted, but anime movies can be selected as well because this is AnimeForum after all!
    and i apologize. i didn't search the forums before posting this new thread. one just like it except its for best movie or something like that
    Last edited by Hardcore Gamer; 08-29-2007 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Apology to the Moderators; delete if you must, it wont hurt my feelings...
    When Life Comes At You Full Speed, Just Step Out Of The Way.
    ~Hardcore Gamer

Member mhumoo has a reputation beyond repute mhumoo has a reputation beyond repute mhumoo has a reputation beyond repute mhumoo has a reputation beyond repute mhumoo has a reputation beyond repute mhumoo has a reputation beyond repute mhumoo has a reputation beyond repute mhumoo has a reputation beyond repute mhumoo has a reputation beyond repute mhumoo has a reputation beyond repute mhumoo has a reputation beyond repute mhumoo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-05-2007 11:07 PM
    Threads

naruto shippuuden movie.. although i still haven't watched it... sad TT__TT

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

300. Thread over. Everyone go home. Nothing else to see here.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Senior Member Hardcore Gamer is a splendid one to behold Hardcore Gamer is a splendid one to behold Hardcore Gamer is a splendid one to behold Hardcore Gamer is a splendid one to behold Hardcore Gamer is a splendid one to behold Hardcore Gamer is a splendid one to behold Hardcore Gamer is a splendid one to behold Hardcore Gamer is a splendid one to behold Hardcore Gamer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-2009 08:12 PM
    Threads

To Masali: Good movie. I cant believe I forgot about that one. The action sequen- what am I saying, there barely was a part when there wasn't any action happening in the movie. 5 out of 5.

gently slides Transformers over to make room for 300 so they're both just sitting there, being good little action movies.
    When Life Comes At You Full Speed, Just Step Out Of The Way.
    ~Hardcore Gamer

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

Well for me 1st is Live Free or Die Hard and then 300. got to go with John McLain.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Definitely a toss up between 300 and Live Free or Die Hard. Probably 300, seeing as it was action tied together with a plot, as opposed to DH4, which was a plot tied together with action.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts 028 - Sandslash Tron LightCycle Falcon
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2023 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It should of been spider-man 3 but we all know how that turned out, but I liked 300 alot and transformers but the best movie I have seen all year was grindhouse and I think it counts as a action film so I am gonna say grindhouse.

I mean planet terror had more action then any film I saw this year.
    -TWM-

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

have you seen 300 yet? Slow motion heads falling off bodies. And ext.. great movie.

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Plain and simple.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

THIS IS SPARTA!!!

Also: War. It's about Statham being a pimp. There's also Jet Li, if you like that sort of thing. And the Plot... It didn't suck!!!

I think it's been less then a year since Crank, so that deserves a place too.

Grindhouse would be on here, but:
    -Planet Terror was too kitschy to actually be considered action. I mean, she had a machine gun for a leg. As cool as that is, you can't take that serious.
    -Deathproof was a slasher flick and a car movie in that order. I don't conceder car flicks to be action anyway.
    -Some of the Trailers would qualify, but they were too damn short.
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 08-30-2007 at 01:26 AM.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Will NEVER have teed. Mazrim Taim has a reputation beyond repute Mazrim Taim has a reputation beyond repute Mazrim Taim has a reputation beyond repute Mazrim Taim has a reputation beyond repute Mazrim Taim has a reputation beyond repute Mazrim Taim has a reputation beyond repute Mazrim Taim has a reputation beyond repute Mazrim Taim has a reputation beyond repute Mazrim Taim has a reputation beyond repute Mazrim Taim has a reputation beyond repute Mazrim Taim has a reputation beyond repute Mazrim Taim's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2007 02:03 PM
    Threads

300 was a pretty good movie.

"Red Sauce on Pastaaaaaaaaa!" instead of [This is Spartaaaaaa!!].
    Yeah, I have carpal tunnel.. So what?

BuLmA's Guardian Angel Kagemaru-San has a reputation beyond repute Kagemaru-San has a reputation beyond repute Kagemaru-San has a reputation beyond repute Kagemaru-San has a reputation beyond repute Kagemaru-San has a reputation beyond repute Kagemaru-San has a reputation beyond repute Kagemaru-San has a reputation beyond repute Kagemaru-San has a reputation beyond repute Kagemaru-San has a reputation beyond repute Kagemaru-San has a reputation beyond repute Kagemaru-San has a reputation beyond repute Kagemaru-San's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2010 02:41 PM
    Threads

Well..300 was phenomenal as far as the action goes...like people pointed out, the action sequences were very stylistically designed and executed...however, no plot...sorry..the acting quality wasn't memorable either...except for one scene

with the Spartan father and son...when the son died in battle..and his father keeps roaring with grief...
    It's worth mentioning that the soundtrack is one of the greatest I've ever heard...

A more well-rounded action movie for me would be the Bourne Ultimatum ... it comprises alot of success factors ... and Matt Damon is certainly a more refined actor than Gerard Butler ...

after all, I guess the 2 movies tie in my opinion
    "I don't want to live just because I was born"
    Griffith (Berserk)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Last Anime Finished: Bakemonogatari (well...still need to watch the Tsubasa part...can't get the final 3 episodes ...)
    Now Watching: Ghost in the Shell

Toujours Pur BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Leo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2024 11:42 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mazrim Taim View Post
    300 was a pretty good movie.
    Yeah but although I don't like the ending
    Last edited by BuLmA; 08-30-2007 at 02:31 AM.

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemaru-San View Post
    Well..300 was phenomenal as far as the action goes...like people pointed out, the action sequences were very stylistically designed and executed...however, no plot...sorry..the acting quality wasn't memorable either...except for one scene

with the Spartan father and son...when the son died in battle..and his father keeps roaring with grief...
    It's worth mentioning that the soundtrack is one of the greatest I've ever heard...
    The movie fufilled it's purpose.
    Who gives a crap about plot when half naked men are slaughtering thousands of persian ninjas and zombie monsters Dynasty Warriors style?

.sugar and spice. iiiasdfkl has a reputation beyond repute iiiasdfkl has a reputation beyond repute iiiasdfkl has a reputation beyond repute iiiasdfkl has a reputation beyond repute iiiasdfkl has a reputation beyond repute iiiasdfkl has a reputation beyond repute iiiasdfkl has a reputation beyond repute iiiasdfkl has a reputation beyond repute iiiasdfkl has a reputation beyond repute iiiasdfkl has a reputation beyond repute iiiasdfkl has a reputation beyond repute iiiasdfkl's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dunno... does Pirates of the Caribbean 3 count? and Naruto Shippuden, of course

Golden Knight Saejima Kouga has a reputation beyond repute Saejima Kouga has a reputation beyond repute Saejima Kouga has a reputation beyond repute Saejima Kouga has a reputation beyond repute Saejima Kouga has a reputation beyond repute Saejima Kouga has a reputation beyond repute Saejima Kouga has a reputation beyond repute Saejima Kouga has a reputation beyond repute Saejima Kouga has a reputation beyond repute Saejima Kouga has a reputation beyond repute Saejima Kouga has a reputation beyond repute Saejima Kouga's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2008 08:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

WAR starring Jet Li

I normally don't like Jet Li flicks, but this one kept me going (oh how I want to get started, but don't wanna spoil)......and it has an ending nobody would expect, so that made it even better.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemaru-San View Post

A more well-rounded action movie for me would be the Bourne Ultimatum ... it comprises alot of success factors ... and Matt Damon is certainly a more refined actor than Gerard Butler ...

after all, I guess the 2 movies tie in my opinion
    I don't know where you were, but 300 had a plot. Granted, the last hour was 85% fight scenes, but there was still a plot, and it was a decent one by Action Movie standards.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

SPARTANS, PUSH!

I also place my vote for 300, hyper-masculinity and Persian ninjas win the day with movie goers. And even if you hated the film, it was so so easy to laugh at, in a awsomely cool way.

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

Quote Originally Posted by Xero XIII View Post
    Definitely a toss up between 300 and Live Free or Die Hard. Probably 300, seeing as it was action tied together with a plot, as opposed to DH4, which was a plot tied together with action.
    IBTN.
    A MaruDashi Creation

Jose does not forgive! Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 08:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: PMMEFORTHIS

300 i thik might be the best

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2019 01:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore Gamer View Post
    I pick the CGI-action fest that was Transformers. The movie overall I thought was pretty good, and I'm even going to buy it when it comes on DVD. The guy who voiced Optimus Prime, the leader of the Autobots, was also the guy who voiced Optimus Prime for the 80's cartoon. The movie was good, but it was the only new movie that I can think of that I saw.

Personally, I didn't like Transformers. XD The first half was good, but the second half was filled to the brim with fighting. I guess I'm one of those classic girls who watch chick flicks though. XD

And it also might be because I saw Transformers in China and the voice dubs were terrible. ^^;

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    Threads

I think TMNT deserves a vote too. Really ninja-esque fighting.
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

The Character Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2007 10:12 PM
    Threads

Shoot'em Up looks like it'll steal it.

All I need is hand grenades.

Why rob a bank? Rob a drug dealer. What are they gonna do? Call the cops?

MySpace
    http://www.Otaku-Gamer.com

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    Shoot'em Up looks like it'll steal it.
    IT'S A TRAP!!!

It looks stupid and uninspired.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

The Character Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2007 10:12 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    IT'S A TRAP!!!

It looks stupid and uninspired.
    It looks like pointless violence which equals fun.

All I need is hand grenades.

Why rob a bank? Rob a drug dealer. What are they gonna do? Call the cops?

MySpace
    http://www.Otaku-Gamer.com

Closed Thread

Thread Information