AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Interesting EVA?

Senior Member overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 03:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Interesting EVA?

Well I tried general and no luck so here's a try in EVA. Basically do people think I will like this based on what m interests are?
    just some details about my current interests

cowboy bebop
    wolf's rain
    witch hunter robin
    ghost in the shell - all barring solid state
    princess mononoke
    sky blue
    nausica
    spirited away

generally I prefer my anime to be slightly more serious than goofy (silly)
    and I also enjoyed the zone of the ender games - so I'm not totally new to mechs
    just after your opinions - thanks

Junior Member Lucarica is just really nice Lucarica is just really nice Lucarica is just really nice Lucarica is just really nice Lucarica's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2008 04:37 PM
    Threads

Neon Genesis Evangelion is a relativly serious anime. In my opnion, you might have to watch the series a couple of times to actually understand it. But the books that came out before will help to understand the show more. Here is the main idea of the show:Evangelion takes place in the near future (2015 AD), fourteen years after the catastrophic Second Impact, and describes a expedition to Antarctica where scientists discover a large being of light, deemed by them as the Angel. This conflict caused a massive flood, consuming a large number of Earth's population. The Second Impact to the general public though, was covered up and said to be the result of an asteroid hitting Antarctica. In this conflict, mankind is represented by the mysterious organizations called NERV, Gehirn (which became NERV), SEELE, and Marduk. NERV is in theory under the control of SEELE, but NERV has its own agenda, driven by its commander Ikari Gendou (father of Ikari Shinji: main character and pilot of Eva Unit 01). NERV carries out two tasks: to defend the Earth from Angel attack with a small number of Evangelions and the Human Instrumentality Project. The Evangelions, which have the outward appearance of massive biomechanical robots and can be piloted only by 14 year old children. Pilots are selected by the Marduk Agency which is later discovered to be composed of about 100 ghost corps; pilots must have lost a mother or a very close loved one, which is then used as the soul of the Eva. Only the designated pilot of an Eva can pilot it, due to the bond of the pilot's soul and the soul of the Eva; otherwise, any other person who tries to synchronize (simply put, to technically work as one mind) with the Eva will be refused. It is later revealed that the Evangelions are not really "robots" but rather living organisms. The secret second task, the Human Instrumentality Project, which (if successful) intends to start an artificial evolution of mankind. Considering the religious implications of the term "evangelion" imply that this event was to bring about the salvation of mankind in the context of a newly created Earth. Evangelion is on many levels of understanding, and i think that anyone would like Evangelion.

The Character Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2007 10:12 PM
    Threads

No you will not like it. It's boring and too dramatic for a mech anime. If you want to see the whole series then just watch the last two episodes. A big waste of time though everyone on the face of the earth charishes it like it's the best thing since twinkies. Avoid this one and just watch some Gundam.

All I need is hand grenades.

Why rob a bank? Rob a drug dealer. What are they gonna do? Call the cops?

MySpace
    http://www.Otaku-Gamer.com

Senior Member Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2011 09:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: KCEB91

Quote Originally Posted by Lucarica View Post
    Neon Genesis Evangelion is a relativly serious anime. In my opnion, you might have to watch the series a couple of times to actually understand it. But the books that came out before will help to understand the show more. Here is the main idea of the show:Evangelion takes place in the near future (2015 AD), fourteen years after the catastrophic Second Impact, and describes a expedition to Antarctica where scientists discover a large being of light, deemed by them as the Angel. This conflict caused a massive flood, consuming a large number of Earth's population. The Second Impact to the general public though, was covered up and said to be the result of an asteroid hitting Antarctica. In this conflict, mankind is represented by the mysterious organizations called NERV, Gehirn (which became NERV), SEELE, and Marduk. NERV is in theory under the control of SEELE, but NERV has its own agenda, driven by its commander Ikari Gendou (father of Ikari Shinji: main character and pilot of Eva Unit 01). NERV carries out two tasks: to defend the Earth from Angel attack with a small number of Evangelions and the Human Instrumentality Project. The Evangelions, which have the outward appearance of massive biomechanical robots and can be piloted only by 14 year old children. Pilots are selected by the Marduk Agency which is later discovered to be composed of about 100 ghost corps; pilots must have lost a mother or a very close loved one, which is then used as the soul of the Eva. Only the designated pilot of an Eva can pilot it, due to the bond of the pilot's soul and the soul of the Eva; otherwise, any other person who tries to synchronize (simply put, to technically work as one mind) with the Eva will be refused. It is later revealed that the Evangelions are not really "robots" but rather living organisms. The secret second task, the Human Instrumentality Project, which (if successful) intends to start an artificial evolution of mankind. Considering the religious implications of the term "evangelion" imply that this event was to bring about the salvation of mankind in the context of a newly created Earth. Evangelion is on many levels of understanding, and i think that anyone would like Evangelion.
    I wouldnt say anyone would like it. There are a few people [like mr. grouchy up there who dont] I personally do though. SO if you like drama, war, blood and a complicated series, this is for you
    Derp.

Senior Member Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2011 09:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: KCEB91

Quote Originally Posted by Lucarica View Post
    I dont really think everyone who watches it would like it [like Mr. Grouchy up there.] But personally I love it.

But if you like drama, blood, and a very complex storyline, this is for you.
    Derp.

Ultimate Omega enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01 has a reputation beyond repute enigma unit 01's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2008 04:08 PM
    Threads

Yes watch this anime ASAP!! It is one of the greatest, if not THE greatest anime ever. Ignore fools who say its too boring, their thought process goes: .....................BIG SWORDS!!!!.....................GUNDAM!!!!.......
    Evengelion is not boring, but it is very complex and requires a lot of attention. It is one of the most emotional animes ever and questions human morales more so than any other anime, and the character development is amazing, it has also some of the best character and mecha designs ever... defenaitely look into it my man

Junior Member SamuraiThump will become famous soon enough SamuraiThump's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2007 01:03 PM
    Threads

Post Yep

People the best show I think is cowboybebop. If you all like the other shows that's fine but I like Cowboybebop

Senior Member overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well I've now seen DVD one and have to say I have become addicted to the intro music!
    I also hate the random order they sent me the DVDs - first 7 then 1 and now i'm in a waiting gap for the rest to arrive - annoying haveing a dvd I can't watch!

Also: thanks for all the responces esp Lucarica - that took some time!
    Last edited by overwatch; 09-11-2007 at 06:23 PM.

sig by shougo amakousa
    Quote Eris:

There are no rules. They are just words on a piece of paper.

Junior Member Lucarica is just really nice Lucarica is just really nice Lucarica is just really nice Lucarica is just really nice Lucarica's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2008 04:37 PM
    Threads

no problem, anytime

Genius of Silver Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2011 07:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daiblix PSN ID: MillionSword

Quote Originally Posted by overwatch View Post
    Well I tried general and no luck so here's a try in EVA. Basically do people think I will like this based on what m interests are?
    just some details about my current interests

cowboy bebop
    wolf's rain
    witch hunter robin
    ghost in the shell - all barring solid state
    princess mononoke
    sky blue
    nausica
    spirited away

generally I prefer my anime to be slightly more serious than goofy (silly)
    and I also enjoyed the zone of the ender games - so I'm not totally new to mechs
    just after your opinions - thanks
    Eva is one of the best. I also like Cowboy Bebop, witch hunter robin, ghost in the shell, princess mononoke, sky blue and spirited away and I loved evangelion, so in theory you should too lol

Evidently we have common tastes...so may I take this opportunity to recommend R.O.D, .hack, KARAS, Samurai Champloo, Death Note and Poni Poni Dash

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sword - thanks for the recomendations - reminded me that I have seen ROD at a friends. Of the others KARAS and Deat Note I have heard of and an interested in exploring - the others I am neutral on though the title Poni Poni Dash sound a little our of place

sig by shougo amakousa
    Quote Eris:

There are no rules. They are just words on a piece of paper.

Senior Member Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Compass
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2012 07:00 PM
    Threads

<:.. Um.. I dunno? Go watch Shakugan no Shana or Pucca.. Yes.. I said Pucca.
    Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope...

Genius of Silver Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2011 07:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daiblix PSN ID: MillionSword

Quote Originally Posted by overwatch View Post
    Sword - thanks for the recomendations - reminded me that I have seen ROD at a friends. Of the others KARAS and Deat Note I have heard of and an interested in exploring - the others I am neutral on though the title Poni Poni Dash sound a little our of place
    Yeah lol it is a little out of place but I recently saw it at an anime con and it was funny as hell, so I thought I'd just throw it in for good measure

Senior Member jep'ray has a spectacular aura about jep'ray has a spectacular aura about jep'ray's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2008 11:01 AM
    Threads

i have all those animes you have listed, if your looking fro a more serious anime, hmm, look up

"Planetes" its a hard Sci-fi in space. (hard sci-fi has real basis in reality as we know it, they wear space suits, and no giant indistructable robots...just shuttles and a moon colony...) also

"Fafner" is serious along the lines of Eva, and one hell of a huge body count...

"Rahxephon" what many consider a Eva clone, but i think it was done better, and the kids less of a whiner...Rod is cool, have the movie and the tv series.

"Full Metal panic" is cool for mecha action too. alot of school hijinks too
    "FMP: Fumoffu" the second season of FMP is hilarious...not even remotely serious...
    "FMP:second raid" the third season if much darker than the first, also a must see

"Last Exile" is a must see, a really great story, even better animation and visual, and the world is neat...

"Stellvia" is another one of my favorites, cool tech...

and good god how can you watch Poni poni dash. it needs some prozac or something cause that show bounces off its own walls...it makes Zero sense and isnt nearly as good as Negima!...if you want serious stay away from this one, but if you want some whacked out lunacy its just the right place, along with a padded room and some happy pills...
    Some people go through life with out ever truly going insain, what a horrible way to live

Closed Thread

Thread Information