AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Four new movies!

Member Codename 47 has a reputation beyond repute Codename 47 has a reputation beyond repute Codename 47 has a reputation beyond repute Codename 47 has a reputation beyond repute Codename 47 has a reputation beyond repute Codename 47 has a reputation beyond repute Codename 47 has a reputation beyond repute Codename 47 has a reputation beyond repute Codename 47 has a reputation beyond repute Codename 47 has a reputation beyond repute Codename 47 has a reputation beyond repute Codename 47's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2008 02:11 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs down Four new movies!

Apparently they are re-making the series in four new movies and they will be released in theaters in Japan. The first movie will be released in September 1st...which was yesterday lol, and here is the trailer and the main site:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9M5F2Yr0NEw

http://www.evangelion.co.jp/

I didn't find any topics on these, the only topic I found was closed (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=52759) so I decided to post since the trailer is new (at least to me).
    Last edited by Codename 47; 09-02-2007 at 10:57 AM.

Senior Member overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 04:34 PM
    Threads

Four filmes means about six hours of filme - about 12 episodes then. I haven't seen NGE yet (should see it any time now) but the senes they are showing the in video are mostly parts that have also been shown in adverts for the series so there is good chance that they have not taken to much away from the story. The worsed disaster would be that they change major elements of the story from the original - even if it is the same developers the author of the story always wants to change things and even with the best intentions they can change a story completly - reason why most authors will never return to do a recut of a book at least.

Junior Member Va$h is on a distinguished road Va$h's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2007 08:57 AM
    Threads

Well me just new, but found this
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebuild_of_Evangelion

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2014 06:14 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

Well on one hand Im excited that they're releasing 4 new movies and Id like to see how they turn out...

But on the other hand they're not really 'new' are they? Its just another remake that Anno is doing because hes still not happy with the ending of this already amazing and memorable series or he cant ignore the criticism from people on how they didnt like how it finished. It may have been a little hard to understand but I for one enjoyed "End of Evangelion" and was satified with most of it. I really think that constantly remaking and redoing this series is going to destroy its luster that its had for this long of time all ready.

Member Codename 47 has a reputation beyond repute Codename 47 has a reputation beyond repute Codename 47 has a reputation beyond repute Codename 47 has a reputation beyond repute Codename 47 has a reputation beyond repute Codename 47 has a reputation beyond repute Codename 47 has a reputation beyond repute Codename 47 has a reputation beyond repute Codename 47 has a reputation beyond repute Codename 47 has a reputation beyond repute Codename 47 has a reputation beyond repute Codename 47's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2008 02:11 AM
    Threads

Yes, there is a chance that people might not like the new ending or even the entire remake. But I always liked variety and I look at these movies as alternatives to the original series and "End of Evangelion" instead of replacements. Having a another ending allows another way to view the story and may also attract new people. If old fans don't like the new ending or remakes, they always have the original ending/story on which they can decide to be the real ending/story they like.

So in other words, I'll enjoy these movies either way and other people should too even if they change it drastically!

Member ken 666 is on a distinguished road ken 666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2008 09:25 AM
    Threads

september is the release month in japan

though they jz shorten the series version + new input of characters + upgrades of resolution and CGI

01 is cooler now

HTC love MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2009 01:42 AM
    Threads

This is not new news. . . . but I can't wait to see the first part due this year [hopefully].

I'm still waiting on updates about the Live Action film.

Genius of Silver Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2011 08:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daiblix PSN ID: MillionSword

Quote Originally Posted by overwatch View Post
    Four filmes means about six hours of filme - about 12 episodes then. I haven't seen NGE yet (should see it any time now) but the senes they are showing the in video are mostly parts that have also been shown in adverts for the series so there is good chance that they have not taken to much away from the story. The worsed disaster would be that they change major elements of the story from the original - even if it is the same developers the author of the story always wants to change things and even with the best intentions they can change a story completly - reason why most authors will never return to do a recut of a book at least.
    You could not have picked a better time to get into Eveangelion lol

Member Trustworthy is a glorious beacon of light Trustworthy is a glorious beacon of light Trustworthy is a glorious beacon of light Trustworthy is a glorious beacon of light Trustworthy is a glorious beacon of light Trustworthy is a glorious beacon of light Trustworthy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-10-2007 11:15 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Codename 47 View Post
    Yes, there is a chance that people might not like the new ending or even the entire remake. But I always liked variety and I look at these movies as alternatives to the original series and "End of Evangelion" instead of replacements. Having a another ending allows another way to view the story and may also attract new people. If old fans don't like the new ending or remakes, they always have the original ending/story on which they can decide to be the real ending/story they like.

So in other words, I'll enjoy these movies either way and other people should too even if they change it drastically!
    I agree with you, and that is exactly how I see it. they are just alternatives. Though I don't understand the ending of the series at all, (someone explain how it worked, because as far as I saw, he went insain, and nothing really ended, people clapping for him, what?) But the movies made, that ending I understood, and liked, at least, i liked the ending, but didn't necessarily like how, I would have stayed with Ray, and however that would have worked. So who knows, people may love the new direction, or ending, or whatever they change. or they can stay with the original.

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2014 06:14 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

Quote Originally Posted by ken 666 View Post
    september is the release month in japan

though they jz shorten the series version + new input of characters + upgrades of resolution and CGI

01 is cooler now
    So there not movies, just the series shorten, with remastered resolution and CGI? OMG, its StarWars all over again. Who let George Lucas out of the country? LOL

Junior Member Mikie has a reputation beyond repute Mikie has a reputation beyond repute Mikie has a reputation beyond repute Mikie has a reputation beyond repute Mikie has a reputation beyond repute Mikie has a reputation beyond repute Mikie has a reputation beyond repute Mikie has a reputation beyond repute Mikie has a reputation beyond repute Mikie has a reputation beyond repute Mikie has a reputation beyond repute Mikie's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-06-2008 12:42 PM
    Threads

I am looking forward to these films. Even if it is a retelling of the series, I think they can do a lot with them and I can't wait to see what.

Any idea when we'll get them over here?

Closed Thread

Thread Information