AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Ever read manga, but don't buy it?

Her nickname at age 11. Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2010 05:44 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Ever read manga, but don't buy it?

WHOA. Today I went to a bookstore connected to the local mall, and asked my mom if I could buy just two volumes of manga. My mom's cousin was there, so she said, "You can look in the magazines while I go with *insert my name here*." Suddenly, a guy from another book section, cosplaying as Inuyasha, walked over to the manga section.

I stared a bit and looked for other cosplayers. When I got to the manga section, about seven or six people (some with Naruto headbands) were reading manga and didn't bother to get off the ground to buy it. (Also I heard someone say, "Dude, you have to tighten the headband." That's another story.)
    I said nothing, but did try to avoid the people standing in the slim aisle. Then, I took my two manga volumes, found my mom, and bought them.

Do any of you guys go to a bookstore to read manga (or just plain books) to you can get the info and knowledge that comes without the price?
    Or are you like me, and get to collect?
    Last edited by Reniti; 08-19-2007 at 06:06 PM.

I posted that ---> Sзsικι has a reputation beyond repute Sзsικι has a reputation beyond repute Sзsικι has a reputation beyond repute Sзsικι has a reputation beyond repute Sзsικι has a reputation beyond repute Sзsικι has a reputation beyond repute Sзsικι has a reputation beyond repute Sзsικι has a reputation beyond repute Sзsικι has a reputation beyond repute Sзsικι has a reputation beyond repute Sзsικι has a reputation beyond repute Sзsικι's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2009 08:14 PM
    Threads

I just download them... I'm currently working on Shuffle! I get it from Kawaii Heavens.

I don't buy them though.. Only if they aren't available online. : )
    »╔═══════╗«

»╚═══════╝«

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

I download them, never buy...who supports industry anymore!? The only thing I still buy, honestly, are CD's. And only of artists I really REALLY like.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

I posted that ---> Sзsικι has a reputation beyond repute Sзsικι has a reputation beyond repute Sзsικι has a reputation beyond repute Sзsικι has a reputation beyond repute Sзsικι has a reputation beyond repute Sзsικι has a reputation beyond repute Sзsικι has a reputation beyond repute Sзsικι has a reputation beyond repute Sзsικι has a reputation beyond repute Sзsικι has a reputation beyond repute Sзsικι has a reputation beyond repute Sзsικι's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2009 08:14 PM
    Threads

I don't even buy CD's... There all in spanish here anyways. D;

I download everything from Ares P2P xD free<3

Thats where my anime comes from... 1-100 of Bleach ;3
    »╔═══════╗«

»╚═══════╝«

The Lich Sith Lord Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2010 01:20 PM
    Threads

Ehh, I go to the mall with my friend Tim and Corey, Josh and his gf...and they'll do that. I just wander around the Book Store, making random growls, looking at Occult boks and such.

I mean I do that, but not for Manga...just different books. It's fun, sadly I dislike downloading books and that online...isn't that fun to me.

U. S. Marine BiggSam has a reputation beyond repute BiggSam has a reputation beyond repute BiggSam has a reputation beyond repute BiggSam has a reputation beyond repute BiggSam has a reputation beyond repute BiggSam has a reputation beyond repute BiggSam has a reputation beyond repute BiggSam has a reputation beyond repute BiggSam has a reputation beyond repute BiggSam has a reputation beyond repute BiggSam has a reputation beyond repute BiggSam's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Gun
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-09-2010 09:55 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Biggsam4

I've never bought manga...I read it online or borrow from friends

The Rocker Witch Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Four Leaf Clover Watermelon
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2015 12:52 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wink

i do that all the time i just wait until i go back to the bookstore or i download them.

[set by blueangel06661]

Senior Member Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2007 03:19 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Ehh, I go to the mall with my friend Tim and Corey, Josh and his gf...and they'll do that. I just wander around the Book Store, making random growls, looking at Occult boks and such.

I mean I do that, but not for Manga...just different books. It's fun, sadly I dislike downloading books and that online...isn't that fun to me.
    I don't read in the store. I'll read the back of the manga, maybe flip through the pages a bit to see if I like it, but I like to own the manga I read. (The only manga series I ever read but never bought was Gravitation, which I borrowed from my girlfriend, and Petshop of Horrors, which I borrowed from a different friend)

I own 59 manga right now.

- - -

I couldn't stand reading a book/manga from a computer screen. It forces you to lean foreward to look at the screen. I like to lay down or lean way back when I read.
    Last edited by Jonwolf; 08-19-2007 at 08:44 PM.

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

I will sit and read the ridiculously long manga series in store, or borrow them from someone else, simply because they are ridiculously long and would cost me well into the hundreds of dollars.
    The smaller series I buy ^_^

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Building Castles Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2013 01:06 AM
    Threads

XD Haha! Are you kidding me? I do it all the time. I am much much to poor for buying it. Me, Jesse and Devon do it all the time. Its not our fault. We were born into it. ;-;

~*Lady

samba bamba, llama momma.

need a new set, feel free to offer. :3

Toujours Pur BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA has a reputation beyond repute BuLmA's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Leo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2024 11:42 PM
    Threads

Sometimes...like reading only the summary at the back of Manga at the bookstore but if I have enough money then I go & buy.

unknown LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-01-2010 03:55 AM
    Threads

Never bought manga, i read them online <3
    concrete jungles where dreams
    are made of,
    there's nothing you can do~
    I
    NY

Patapon Warrior zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2009 11:27 PM
    Threads

I do read sometimes, if the plastic cover has worn off.
    I don't buy manga, all of it was given by my mom.

i'm desu and i know it. Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2012 02:33 AM
    Threads

I don't buy, I'm sort of a manga-cow at bookstores. Other than that I borrow from the library, download from sites and torrent files.

Member Avalon57 has much to be proud of Avalon57 has much to be proud of Avalon57 has much to be proud of Avalon57 has much to be proud of Avalon57 has much to be proud of Avalon57 has much to be proud of Avalon57 has much to be proud of Avalon57 has much to be proud of Avalon57 has much to be proud of Avalon57 has much to be proud of Avalon57's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2008 05:35 PM
    Threads

i download them but occasionally if im in a bookstore and im bored ill pick one up and read it, never buy though

has been eaten by J.A.G. Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss has a reputation beyond repute Silver_Kiss's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2008 01:31 PM
    Threads

I've bought one, and my cousin gave me the other one I have. She gets dropped off at Borders after her cello lesson and just sits there. One of these day she's going to atrophy :P.

Sig by meisou!

Senior Member Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-24-2008 11:26 AM
    Threads

I read online but then I also buy manga.. :3

But sometimes I do read some magazines at the book store or market.. Or actually I'm just watching some pages... Not really reading them....

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫♪ ♫
    J-rock is my life... ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫♪ ♫

^myanimelist^
    Last.fm

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 05:05 PM
    Threads

I download them...
    But since I don't really like to read them,I DL only those that I'm interested in...
    If I want to read,I'd rather read a book...
    ...a gift from Balance...the legend itself...

~ click the button,I dare you ~

Senior Member red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300 has a reputation beyond repute red_sky300's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-11-2008 08:53 AM
    Threads

i ll read abt the 1st couple of pages if there gd ill go an buy them from somewhere lolooooolll then if there super gd ill buy the anime also

Senior Member sadida has a reputation beyond repute sadida has a reputation beyond repute sadida has a reputation beyond repute sadida has a reputation beyond repute sadida has a reputation beyond repute sadida has a reputation beyond repute sadida has a reputation beyond repute sadida has a reputation beyond repute sadida has a reputation beyond repute sadida has a reputation beyond repute sadida has a reputation beyond repute sadida's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 10:20 PM
    Threads

i browse the setion for a really long time, till i'm pulled away by the parents, who may buy me one if i reaallly want it. But i'm generally kinda stingy, i dont buy manga often at all. i just wait till the day i have lots of money to buy them. But i don't actually read them in-store.
    (^this freak rules^)--
    (no she doesn't!!)---
    (what's going on?)- --(dude...)
    (Silence, o clueless one!)

<(i'm schizo!)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Warning! Contains graphic idiocy-
    Parental Guidance strongly discouraged

Senior Member demon_girl_ has a reputation beyond repute demon_girl_ has a reputation beyond repute demon_girl_ has a reputation beyond repute demon_girl_ has a reputation beyond repute demon_girl_ has a reputation beyond repute demon_girl_ has a reputation beyond repute demon_girl_ has a reputation beyond repute demon_girl_ has a reputation beyond repute demon_girl_ has a reputation beyond repute demon_girl_ has a reputation beyond repute demon_girl_ has a reputation beyond repute demon_girl_'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2008 11:18 PM
    Threads

i buy, unless im just looking.at the book store that i go to theres alot of manga/anime books,and it takes a bit for me to see what they, since half the time they are high up and i can't reach...

Closed Thread

Thread Information