I've watched quite a lot of horrendous anime but overlooking some the worst off the top of my head has to be Yugioh.
These are the reason:
Disgraceful show. I hated every minute of it and watched probably around 100 eps
- The concept, seriously who the hell would run around "dueling" people with some really unsophisticated card game which has roots to ancient Egypt. Furthermore using this game that a 5 year old could master to settle the fate of the earth and everyones life on it. Not only this but dueling seems to be common knowledge and even your everyday Joe Bloggs is into it. It's ridiculous to contemplate.
- The way they say stuff like "I'm going to end you here....in a duel" for example is annoying and tedious. Adding to that there wrist devices which produce holograms of their duels are even more unrealistic and daft.
- How in their duel they describe every card they play, the effects of the card and practically everything else they are plotting. The way the characters think allowed pisses me off so much. Their basic tactics and repetition of the same tactics in their game is annoying too. Using the same combinations/fusions time after time makes something with no depth even more lame.
- The millennium items which give the characters an advantage during their duels and the split personalities which come with it.
- The characters and themes are pretty piss poor. They are awful and annoying pretty much all of them. Seriously which kind of a bad *** like Kyber would be caught dead playing with those kiddie cards? Then when they have the theme of friendship and love it's actually sickening. When it flicks to the flashback of them putting their hands together with the marks on it creating a symbol and they like "our friendship will pull us through" makes me want to puke.
- Lastly, this could be a good thing or a bad thing I'm not sure. As well as the show being pathetic, it's pathetically short. The running time must be around 18 minutes or so at longest and it fills a 30min time slot. So if you're watching it on tv you're basically watching ads.