AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Original Fiction: Traveling abroad

<3 dai's property ~dai Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2007 01:06 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Original Fiction: Traveling abroad

Sometime when I look over the horizen I begin to think what is there to life? Is it really as simple as one can expect? Is there truly satisfaction in anyone's life? Can you find a true peace of mind? This story will tell of an ordinary traveler who just so happens to want to answer such questions. Questions that no one dared to ask.

Kekashi is a man whom isn't rich or poor. But he is well known as a traveler of many opinions on food, atmosphere, and style. He always wanders around and gathers ideas for his books. But lately he hasn't produced a book. Not so much as a simple poem has been thought out. Kekashi has been rather troubled and has come to the foreign lands of china to seek the town of Shangraila.

At Shang-hai, he wanders the streets feeling rather down on himself even in the sheer intense energy coming from the city and people. As he wanders through street vendors and the markets filled with the freshest products available, he stumbles onto a local shop where he finds a food he is rather curious about.

The Kosha Dumpling is said to be the finest tongue searing food item in shang-hai. He becomes curious and decides, "Meh, whatever. I'll give it a shot."

Kekashi is known to try anything put in front of him whether it be sanitary or crude. It doesn't matter to him. Food is a edible welcome mat for people and a way to say, "come and stay a while." Kekashi walks in and finds the place very crowded; just the way he likes it. A crowd means good food. Kekashi knows that the locals always know the best restaurants.

Kekashi has waited for 30 minutes until finally he gets a seat at a window table. The Chefs soon realize they are serving one of the renowned critics of the world. But they don't mind it and go about their business, making the Kosha Dumplings in the masses.

A waitress walks to him and asks for his order.

"I'll have the Nora Kosha Dumpling," says Kekashi.

The waitress writes and dashes as fast as she came. Now kekashi has to wait once more. but no sooner did he order that he gets a dish and cup for sake. He soon drinks the warm liquid and waits on his dumplings.

Kekashi recieves his Nora Kosha Dumplings after a little less than five minutes. He thanks the waitress and begins to carefully eat the hot furnace of tasty steamed pork dough sack. The juices inside seep onto the serving plate as he sips into the melts pork inside. Though extremely hot, it's the best he's ever had. THough it doesn't lift his spirits, he does feel glad to have something tastier than past meals in africa.

Kekashi pays off the restaurant bill and heads north toward the mountains to search for a place that isn't a place at all. Shangraila, a mountain city of ancient past time. This place is rumored to be the birthplace of the fictional story. Kekashi wants to see this place and hopes it will help him find peace. Maybe even inspiration.

Part 2 Arrival in Bird Country

Kekashi arrives in a quaint little village where the birds are fast dying out in their traditional ways. The birds have become very expensive to raise and care for nowadays and the younger crowd don't have the time to train these birds. What are they? Korina seabirds, the oldest fishing birds in the village traditions.

Kekashi meets with a friend Narosage to find a fishing boat with Korina Seabirds. These birds are the oldest fishing way of life, but because of advancing technology people find it easier to use nets and commercial fishing.

It is said that a man could feed his family with just a few birds. now with an evergrowing material lust, the birds are losing their jobs. Kekashi and Narosage meet with a local Korina Bird owner and a boat to sail into the village watering hole. They greet each other and board the vessel. They head out into the lake and as usual Kekashi feels this trip won't end well.

"This is going to be long..." says Kekashi.
    "Well patience is always rewarded," says Narosage.
    "Are we fishing yet?" he Replies.

As usual, Kekashi's big mouth lets in a bit of bad carma which leads to an event that, quite possibly, Could've been prevented.

A dead fish is brought on board, somehow. The fish seemed to be old and somewhat stenchy.

"Well, the jokes on me," says the irritated Kekashi.

But soon the Korina birds are fishing and bringing the fish like their fish-guided missiles. One after another they are brought into the boat.

"These fish are good at what they do," says Kekashi.
    "Yes we have had these birds for quite some time. they are an old tradition that has been in this village for centuries." says the Fisherman.

After a seemingly endless day of fishing, Kekashi finally arrives at the dock. He gets off the boat rather relieved that the trip is over. He heads into the market and wouldn't you know it, It's the weekly market day for the village.

Many people come to the market for many different reasons. The market has everything to anyone's taste. But right now Kekashi finds a food vendor that is selling a seaweed and mushroom Miso for a really fair price.

"I think that will do me just fine," mentions Kekashi to himself.

Kekashi orders a bowl of miso soup. The vendor prepares it lightning fast with boiling hot miso broth mushrooms, green onions, and seaweed and hands it to his customer.

Kekashi downs the rather filling Miso and heads toward the mountains, Where the so called Shangraila is said to be.

To be continued...
    Last edited by Crystal_Gardevoir; 08-15-2007 at 04:42 PM. Reason: trying to finish story
    The Sins of my Past will Drive my journey to my Purity in the future...
    I am on a long journey to redeem myself of Bad Rep...

It's Humbling yet pathetic...

Even if it's a small step, it's still progress, no matter how you look at it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information