AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Release

Yoko Littner Fan Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-27-2014 03:42 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default Release

Well, personally I think trying anything fancy with text would just totally obliterate what I was making so far, so I practically made it invisible. But hey, everything else is nice and bright and pretty right? RIGHT?! Comments and criticism appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	release1024x768.jpg‎
Views:	70
Size:	350.2 KB
ID:	16372  

My Photography
    #JustCanteThings
    My Signature Tags
    Project Cantelope
    A Home for Manly Souls
    Dai-Gurren Dan

Riding Dirty Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2014 10:43 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Ultimately Awesome!
    The font is well a bit hard to read :X
    And some of the light effects is covering a bit of her face...
    and also noticed theres more light strokes near her head.

but still its NICE!
    Side note : High chance im using it as my wallpaper xDD
    Over-saturating since '07

Senior Member wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2014 04:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: wizzadoo

Reimu~~~~

Hm, text is off place ... it's not even needed imo ...
    The vertical blue stuff in front of Reimu is also awkward ...

TANSTAAFL elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-23-2007 10:41 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Nice one. The lighting and the "lightstrokes" give a beautiful atmosphere to the wp.
    As was already said, the text is quite off though. You should try and tinker with it in terms of size, color and placement.
    Also the whole arrangement could use a little "twist" to make it a bit more interesting. Maybe you could position the chara a bit away from the center - makes a picture look way more interesting in most cases. Or maybe add some borders, frames etc. to it - without overdoing it!

I absolutely love how clean and sharp the chara looks - any chance of a higher resolution for the wp? 1024x768 is so small.

Keep up the great work,
    Elfenstein.

Yoko Littner Fan Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-27-2014 03:42 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

If I had my way, I'd just not have the text there at all. Maybe I should go with that?

Wizz, who is Reimu? If you know who the character is and from where, I'd appreciate knowing :P Also, you don't like the blue motion blur? I liked the way it added contrast to the background and helped further the whole bright motion blur feeling I was going for.

And uh, Elf, if I moved her off center, it'd really destroy the balance of the image I was going for. I liked the center focus because I didn't have to worry about having too much happening on one side of the image versus the other side. Plus, the pose she has just doesn't work with anything other than being in the center honestly :P Also, is there a specific resolution you want? I can't guarantee anything but I can try.

Thanks for the comments everyone.
    Last edited by Cantelope; 08-06-2007 at 07:29 PM.

My Photography
    #JustCanteThings
    My Signature Tags
    Project Cantelope
    A Home for Manly Souls
    Dai-Gurren Dan

Senior Member Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key has a reputation beyond repute Key's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-29-2008 02:22 PM
    Threads

First of all, love the bg you made. It really makes the scan stands out more. But I would suggest you not to cover up the scan, those white lines I'm pointing at (covering up her face).

And no, I would not want you to move the scan to the side. Center's absolutely perfect. I do agree what you said. To explain, the bg looks already like a zoom bg. So what's the whole point of moving the scan to the side? I've seen alot of walls like this.

The lighting of the scan is really good. It's position from down to up. I personally do not agree you would remove the blur effect. Since the lighting is from down to up, then of course you must have blur effect to blend in. Do not change the scan for it's already good enough.

The title doesn't fit the wall. It does fit the wall. But something's missing. 'Release'...'Release' what? Make the title to be interesting. Like 'Release your Mind' or something to blend in. And make sure it's on the side, not covering the scan, since the side is more spacious that you don't want to cramp up in the middle.

The same goes with the text below right. Move it to far right until the tip of the point. Choose another font. It doesn't really match. Try 'Felix Tilting'. More formal. Or 'Century Gothhic'
    Ah, yes, this also applies to the title. Use only one colour, not two. Make it more interesting, use drop shadow effect, distance to 0px and size to 5px. And I would suggest you remove the blur effect on the title. It clashes the scan's blur effect.

Good work. ^_^

Edit: Sorry, I don't really know who the scan is, although I've seen alot of illustrations of her. About the res, how about 1600x1200? I pretty much like this res since I use alot of my walls with it. ^_^
    Last edited by Key; 08-07-2007 at 11:30 PM.
    Me? I'm a wallpaper critique...

Minitokyo ll ComicFiesta ll KAMCAO

::
    Cosplay Plan::
    - Ise Nanao
    - Yubari Gogo

Closed Thread

Thread Information