AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Trip to Uganda

Jumonji Baka Kawaii IV
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2009 09:27 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Trip to Uganda

I volunteer at the zoo, and I've been doing so for a while now. A couple of the other volunteers and I have now gotten rewarded. The zoo plans trips every summer for the volunteers to go, and this year they went to Peru. However, next year they're going to Uganda. I'm eligible to go now, too. Everything is paid for, except the plane ticket. Here comes the real draw back, it costs $4,200... now I honestly can't afford that. In fact, I can barely afford half of that. The highest that my mother could pay is about $2,000. I do have family that all together could pay about $1,000. But my goal is to allow my mom to not have to pay a single dollar except for sueveniers (SP?).
    So, I have decided to set up a stand to sell stuff. Of course this will include cookies, but I don't want it to just be that. I want to know you're opinion on what I should sell. Something nice, simple, and not over $10. Note that I will not have electricity. I just want to sell something different and unique that will interest people into coming to my stand. Please be serious about this and don't say something like, "Sell cookies!" or "Sell PC's!". That's rude, and I'm really serious about this.

Post away, please ^^!

P.S: It also doesn't have to be something at the stand. If you think setting up a pay pal account and asking for donations is a good idea or something like that, please recommend something like that.
    Last edited by Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki; 08-02-2007 at 12:16 PM.

深く根ざした||傷は消えない
    Hide it, Hide it, Hide me

the barbie girl. ♥ Queen Dopplepopolis! has a reputation beyond repute Queen Dopplepopolis! has a reputation beyond repute Queen Dopplepopolis! has a reputation beyond repute Queen Dopplepopolis! has a reputation beyond repute Queen Dopplepopolis! has a reputation beyond repute Queen Dopplepopolis! has a reputation beyond repute Queen Dopplepopolis! has a reputation beyond repute Queen Dopplepopolis! has a reputation beyond repute Queen Dopplepopolis! has a reputation beyond repute Queen Dopplepopolis! has a reputation beyond repute Queen Dopplepopolis! has a reputation beyond repute Queen Dopplepopolis!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2007 05:58 PM
    Threads

haha, i'm not trying to be rude about this, but could you get a job?
    i know there's always jobs where you don't have any commitment, like those one day jobs. you could do that, too.
    심혼의 개기식.
    and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars a.p.a.r.t.:

Jumonji Baka Kawaii IV
    Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Unfotunately, there is no way I can get a job for certain reasons. One of which is that I have no time to commit to it. If I could, I would have stated.

深く根ざした||傷は消えない

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Jobs are hard to get at such short notice as well, unless you know someone who already works there.

Where is this stand being set up?

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Jumonji Baka Kawaii IV
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post
    Jobs are hard to get at such short notice as well, unless you know someone who already works there.

Where is this stand being set up?

It's being set up in front of a popular theater.

深く根ざした||傷は消えない

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Hm...then perhaps you should sell theater-related things. Maybe old movie posters and 3-D glasses and Simpsons plushies. And laser pens (the boys at work all have the kind that shock you if you press the wrong button, I'm sure that will sell wel) and whatever else is completely annoying. Silent whistles to drive your neighbors dog crazy. Those stupid finger skateboards that used to be the height of cool when I was in high school.

Just throwin stuff out there, mostly stuff that's inexpensive.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Senior Member xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx has a brilliant future xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx has a brilliant future xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx has a brilliant future xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx has a brilliant future xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx has a brilliant future xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx has a brilliant future xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx has a brilliant future xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx has a brilliant future xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx has a brilliant future xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx has a brilliant future xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx has a brilliant future xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2007 09:25 PM
    Threads

Default Trip to Uganda

Um i really have no comment but i guess thats good that you dont want your mom to pay

Angel of peace Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-23-2009 02:45 PM
    I live in Japan. Well, I wish I did anyways.
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Pengin-san View Post
    I volunteer at the zoo, and I've been doing so for a while now. A couple of the other volunteers and I have now gotten rewarded. The zoo plans trips every summer for the volunteers to go, and this year they went to Peru. However, next year they're going to Uganda. I'm eligible to go now, too. Everything is paid for, except the plane ticket. Here comes the real draw back, it costs $4,200... now I honestly can't afford that. In fact, I can barely afford half of that. The highest that my mother could pay is about $2,000. I do have family that all together could pay about $1,000. But my goal is to allow my mom to not have to pay a single dollar except for sueveniers (SP?).
    So, I have decided to set up a stand to sell stuff. Of course this will include cookies, but I don't want it to just be that. I want to know you're opinion on what I should sell. Something nice, simple, and not over $10. Note that I will not have electricity. I just want to sell something different and unique that will interest people into coming to my stand. Please be serious about this and don't say something like, "Sell cookies!" or "Sell PC's!". That's rude, and I'm really serious about this.

Post away, please ^^!

P.S: It also doesn't have to be something at the stand. If you think setting up a pay pal account and asking for donations is a good idea or something like that, please recommend something like that.
    Uganda is in Africa right? At my church was a visitor who told us about Uganda and the missions trip. I'm not sure if thats what your doing though but Uganda seems pretty rural. But it's also very pretty!

Getting job at such short notice is hard because getting right hours and right pay is difficult. Either pay or hours is sacrrificed....for me it's those darn hours....

I think you should sell trading cards. Kids usually buy them and cheap Yu-Gi-Oh cards that kids like should be a hit.
    ~I'll try to be nice, so please give me a chance~

Do you want to be my friend?

~Faroe~
    Lets be friends
    my friends:

Flame Demon
    Tao_Bason05
    heavenspheonix
    Glitch4.0
    JustAgirl
    Mink
    Sephiroth33
    Macus2
    -Naota-
    Varly
    Sevavii
    Nessa1

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

Get an Egg. Take the egg to someones house and tell them about your trip and your volunteer work and that you need donations. Ask them to buy the egg from you for any amount they want, even 10 cents, and then ask them to donate an egg to you.

Take the egg they donated and go to the next house and repeat.

I've had a lot of friends do this for school trips and make a ton of money.

BTW I think you volunteering an getting to go on trips is AWESOME. And I'm super jealous, I wish I lived near a zoo.
    A MaruDashi Creation

Angel of peace Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove is a splendid one to behold Faroelove's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-23-2009 02:45 PM
    I live in Japan. Well, I wish I did anyways.
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Hatake Buruku View Post
    Get an Egg. Take the egg to someones house and tell them about your trip and your volunteer work and that you need donations. Ask them to buy the egg from you for any amount they want, even 10 cents, and then ask them to donate an egg to you.

BTW I think you volunteering an getting to go on trips is AWESOME. And I'm super jealous, I wish I lived near a zoo.
    That sounds like a trick donation...... It's sort of cool.
    ~I'll try to be nice, so please give me a chance~

Do you want to be my friend?

~Faroe~
    Lets be friends
    my friends:

Flame Demon
    Tao_Bason05
    heavenspheonix
    Glitch4.0
    JustAgirl
    Mink
    Sephiroth33
    Macus2
    -Naota-
    Varly
    Sevavii
    Nessa1

███ ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-07-2008 08:45 AM
    Threads

Unfortunately that is a lot of money to earn just from a stand, how are you suppose to get the materials to sell anyway? Won't that cost money?

How do you have the time to devote to a stand but not work? Your best bet is to borrow the money from family, go on the trip then get a job to pay your family back.
    ████████████

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

I think the paypal thing would also be a decent idea if you could like...get the Zoo to help you or whatev. Personally, I'd never EVER want to go to Uganda...or anywhere in Africa (I think it's in africa...) It just seems like the most desolate, boring, un-interesting place...ever. Disease ridden and stuff...except egypt! Egypt sounds awesome, especially Cairo. Besides, then I could like go into Cairo and be like "I'D LIKE TO BUY SOME MILLENNIUM ITEMS PLZ!!"
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Jumonji Baka Kawaii IV
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thank you all so much. I like most of your ideas, and I really appreciate your contributions.

Anyway, I'm aware that it's hard to make that kind of money from a stand, but I never said that I was going to pay all of it off.

深く根ざした||傷は消えない

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hatake Buruku View Post

What is the point of the egg again?

My parents were part of the Unification Church which had people fundraising as a lifestyle. They made Sun Myung Moon a lot of money...

What I think you should do is ditch the stand idea and go door to door. You make much more money when you are in their face rather than a stand they can walk around. My parents said a lot of money was made selling flowers, sock puppets, wind chimes, etc. If you are a girl, you'll sell things really easily. If you are a guy you'll probably have some trouble so you might get a female friend to help you out with a bit of the earnings as reward or something.

Closed Thread

Thread Information