AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Thread: Sign up: Harry Potter and the Relic of Deorc

Threaded View

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Sign up: Harry Potter and the Relic of Deorc

This RPG was approved by Maid Mia

Post Limit: 5-6 posts per day per player

Co-Manager: Fionn Mac, his words are law if I'm not around and he's my chief advisor.

Rules:
    1. No God moding
    2. No character deaths without the player's consent
    3. No newly-made spells. Stick to what is known from the books.

Title: Harry Potter and the Relic of Deorc

History--

The basics: Players are a student enrolled in HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY. They can choose their school house (Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin) and their year (1,2,3,4,5,6, or 7). Also, Quidditch will be in season soon, so they'll be able to have a position on the team (Keeper, Chaser, Beater, or Seeker).

I want to create a new Harry Potter rpg, but I want to set it apart from the Harry Potter storyline. So, I'm setting it in present times, 2007, which actually takes place 10 years after book 7. This way, we can have our own stories and such. I'm more of a fan of Hogwarts and such rather than Harry Potter himself, so that's why I'm doing this. So, I don't want you creating characters with direct relations with Harry or anything like that. Keep your characters original. If you've already read the seventh book like me, you know what has become of Harry and company, so there's no need intertwine with them. So, even though the title says "Harry Potter," there will be no Harry Potter in this RPG.

The main storyline: The year is 2007, eleven years after the death of Albus Dumbledore. Hogwarts is stablized and repaired from the war with Voldemort. Times are relatively safe, although a sharp lookout is always constant for dark wizards. The school grounds are once again considered the safest place in the wizarding community.

A new school term is approaching and returning students, as well as new enrollments, are preparing for their classes. Players will start in Diagon Alley.

The darker elements of the RPG will unfold throughout the school year. The main anatagonist is an ancient wizard, Nero Deorc, and a history about him will be given in length near the start of the RPG. His re-awakening will be the cause of odd and evil occurences at Hogwarts, which you can choose to fight against or fight for throughout the RPG. Though the cause of his re-awakening is also a mystery at first, it will be revealed as the RPG goes on.

The Relic of Deorc is a powerful magical item that makes the magic of the owning wizard much more potent. It has been kept safe in Hogwarts for centuries, but the new school year brings a the key element into Hogwarts that enacts and reacts with the relic.

The staff of Hogwarts will be NPCs and are as follows:

Headmistress: Minerva McGonagall
    Transfiguration: Cassandra Venus
    Care of Magical Creatures: Rubeus Hagrid, gamekeeper, Keeper of Keys
    Potions: Horace E. F. Slughorn, Head of Slytherin House
    Charms: Filius Flitwick, Head of Ravenclaw House
    Herbology: Neville Longbottom, Head of Gryffindor House
    Defense Against the Dark Arts: Larzuk S. King
    Muggle Studies: Susan Bones, Head of Hufflepuff House
    Flying Lessons: Madam Rolanda Hooch

Character sheets; example:

Name:

House:

Year:

Appearance:

Personality:

Bio/background:

My characters...

Name: Nathaniel Hucel

House: (To be sorted)

Year: 1st

Appearance: He's of average height for an eleven-year-old boy, but thinner than most boys his age. He has messy brown hair that he keeps short enough to require little maintence. His left eye is blue, but right eye is brown which is said to be because his mom had blue eyes and his dad had brown eyes.

Personality: He's mature for his age and very smart. However, he doesn't want to be an outcast and does try to engage in good relations with other people. He's learned to be respectfully silent from his grandfather, but is also more than willing to voice his opinion if he feels he should give it.

Bio/background: Nathan is the bastard child of Sophia Banes and John Hucel. Sophia, however, died during the battle of Hogwarts when Nathan was just a baby and he was left to be raised by his grandfather, Articus Banes. Articus was strict but fair and raised Nathan well. While Nathan never thought of Articus as a loveable figure, he greatly respects his grandfather, who happens to be a retired Auror. Because of his grandfather's vast knowledge and skill in charms, potions, and defense against the dark arts, Nathan has become some sort of a prodigy in those branches of magic but doesn't like to show it off.

Nathan has often inquired about the fate of his mother, but Articus simply answers, "She died doing her job." He, Articus, has never went into further detail than that but does show remorse for the loss of his daughter and nothing but contempt for John Hucel for running away on his wife and child in a time of critical need.

Nathan and Articus run Banes' Apothecary, a family-run business on Diagon Alley, and live in a small apartment right above the store. Nate genius for potioneering came from being raised in this shop and it's his strongest subject.

Upon Nate's 11th birthday, he received a letter addressed in green ink. First thing's first, they'd need to go to Diagon Alley and buy supplies...

-----------------------------------------

Name: Brianna Berzing
    House: To be sorted
    Year: 1st

Appearance: Messy, unkempt, short, dark brown hair. She's slightly thinner than she should be, but sas a cute, clean face with hazel eyes.

Personality: She's extremely proud and has no problem bragging about her "natural talents" and "excelling attributes." She isn't always intolerable, but sometimes can be considered annoying due to her rambles. She isn't a leader or a bully, but has no problem displaying her disdain for certain people. She tries to impress people into a friendship with her.

Bio/background: She comes from a pure-blood family and was raised with enormous wealth, but doesn't think of herself as a total brat or "daddy's girl." Her father was a Ministry worker even in the dark reign of Voldemort. It was noted that he stayed very unsympathetic to Muggle-borns when they were being oppressed. It was automatically assumed that he supported the Dark Lord and was against Harry Potter. He has, only since after the Dark Lord's fall, claimed that he never supported Voldemort and only pretended to dislike Muggle-borns. The Berzing family has since lost a lot of respect.

Brianna, also known as Bri or sometimes BB, has grown up wondering why she didn't have any friends. She was given anything she wanted upon a request to her father, but no friends. Not until she was eight years old and met Nathan, who treated her as if she had something contagious, but he was always willing to accept her company. She did notice though that between them, she was mostly the only one that talked. However, she was just glad to have someone to talk to. Brianna started to come by the Banes' Apothecary four or five times a week with no particular business but talking to Nate while he was working.

Plot advancements: Well, I'm gonna enforce a time system. A week in real life will equal a month in the RPG. Players will play in "chapters" of the story. The time system will push the plot forward and every month I'll add a strange, damaging, or dangerous event. The first month will be steady and easy-going, but as the RPG advances, I could add trolls or dark magic or dragons. Something that is unexplained, but will be explained later on in the RPG. And as the months progress, the stranger and more dangerous will be the events.
    Last edited by Faceless111; 07-31-2007 at 05:01 PM.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Thread Information