AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Gundam Model question

Junior Member pocko is on a distinguished road pocko's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2007 11:10 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Gundam Model question

Okay so I'm board and I decided I would buy a few model kits, I haven't attempted to make a model in 4 years now. What scale should I get if I want it to stand around 6-9 inchs tall? And how large is 1/144 scale?

Senior Member Nameles84 is on a distinguished road Nameles84's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2007 09:33 AM
    Threads

1/144 is roughly the size of your palm. There are more verity of choices to chose at 1/144 scale. 1/144 is recommended that more painting be done, cuz the default plastic color is limited and the plastic color are pretty dull.

Good point is that at it's size, you save more space.

Junior Member pocko is on a distinguished road pocko's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2007 11:10 PM
    Threads

I see yea I saw a few 1/144 that looked good but I want something a little bigger just for a better display purpose.

Wafer Paladin Reonic Flux has a reputation beyond repute Reonic Flux has a reputation beyond repute Reonic Flux has a reputation beyond repute Reonic Flux has a reputation beyond repute Reonic Flux has a reputation beyond repute Reonic Flux has a reputation beyond repute Reonic Flux has a reputation beyond repute Reonic Flux has a reputation beyond repute Reonic Flux has a reputation beyond repute Reonic Flux has a reputation beyond repute Reonic Flux has a reputation beyond repute Reonic Flux's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2011 11:10 AM
    Threads

Some models are available in 1/144 scale but they're not in 1/100 scale which, I think, is the next bigger, which is also Master Grade. It's really up to you which scale you want to buy your model kits, meaning in what scale do you want when you the model kits?
    I love wafers!

I'm sure the Lakers will get that three-peat. Awwyeahh

Senior Member Nameles84 is on a distinguished road Nameles84's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2007 09:33 AM
    Threads

There are mainly 3 types of scale and 4 grades for after the Seed Series. Which include the recent Stargazer and Ashtray. The new ones that are on the way is the Gundam 00 series, which will start at 1/144.

High Grade 1/144 - You'll find all the Gundam of Seed in the scale. Movement is limited and paint job is a MUST due to the plastic quality and injected color. Most expensive High Grade is the Meteor with Freedom Gundam from the Seed Series.

Non-Graded 1/100 - It's mainly a 1/100 scale figure, but neither graded as High Grade nor Master Grade and the earlier versions are a bit 'bulky' than the Master Grade - Seed series, Destiny series haven't tried. More actions can be done. It lies base on High Grade, but it is not a High Grade. The cockpit cannot be opened. fingers are bound. Not all Gundams are featured.

Master Grade 1/100 - They can do more actions than High Grade and Non-Graded and more effort is needed to piece them together. Paint jobs is needed. Main feature is bendable knees and elbows, improved movable fingers , and the cockpit can be opened and close. Limited Gundams are promoted to this grade - which include, Strike w/ Aile pack, Freedom, Strike Freedom etc...

Perfect Grade 1/60 - They can come in entire unpainted. The most challenging is a lot of paint job is a BIG MUST and a lot of time is needed to fix them together. They're much more bigger and they can do all action. A friend of mine put his Gundam in push-up position. Main feature is totally bendable elbows, shoulder and knees, added features of 5 movable fingers and a more detailed cockpit. - For Seed series, only Strike, Strike Rouge, Skygraspher and Strike Freedom Lightning addition.

You can find some of the kits I have in my site.
    Last edited by Nameles84; 07-18-2007 at 11:28 AM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information