AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: :~: I'm new , you're new, and they don't care :~:

Junior Member Kurapica san can only hope to improve Kurapica san's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2007 10:27 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs down :~: I'm new , you're new, and they don't care :~:

It is about the new incomers to the forum
    All what I'm saying is where's the point in
    making fun with
    the new people around here by saying bad things about their first threads
    Just like what happned to me a couple of days ago
    all what i did is writing a silly subject
    It will not hurt me as much as will hurt the forum it self

Man you've got to be more responsible for god sake

Maybe I wasn't hurt so much but others may will

I wrote this because I like it in here and i saw alot of great people that hepled me in no time

I hope to take that in mind

THANK YOU

::!:: The Lord Of The Chains ::!::

Patapon Warrior zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2009 11:27 PM
    Threads

Calm down.
    Why don't you try to refresh and stop making such treads? Its ok. Better try and behave or else, everyone would be annoyed. I'm just advising as uhh.. a friend? I dunno. >__<

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm not annoyed of anything but it's just for the forum ..uhh friend

The Janitor Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2011 10:55 AM
    Threads

I never knew...nobody has make fun of me yet...
    I don't even think I made a thread saying I am new..or hay It is my first time in here...
    I did get infractions though....
    Oh, well.... I guess you might have a point, but it is just internet some poeple are mean just to have a laugh and others are just mean...so do not sweat it!

YAY... It appear that BOREDOM strikes quite often!!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

well Variados you're so lucky well I'll start all over to see what will happen

███ ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-07-2008 08:45 AM
    Threads

I never got teased for the very reason that I read the rules, If you don't want to get teased simply follow them.
    ████████████

Senior Member ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2007 07:10 PM
    Threads

Yeah that pretty much says it all^^^ but there are a lot of people who make mistakes when they first come but if you just relize them you can learn from them. And not repeat them. But I think one aplolige thread is enough. Mabey try PMing the individuals you need to talk to and not the entire forum..But its okay. I mean there are people who have made far worse mistakes than you... trust me.
    What May be as White and Pure as a Cloud can be as Violent and Terrible as a Storm.

May Love find you.

he's adorable!^^

R.I.P. Legend S. We will always remeber you.

Need Anything?
    PM me! <3

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 07:44 PM
    Threads

It's because newbies often fail to READ....

Threads that are sticky-ed such as "READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING" or "RULES - PLEASE READ"

Now if every new person reads those threads then maybe we can avoid senseless spamming. Not to mention the amount of duplicate threads I have seen where people who could've just had the sense to use the little "search" feature or scroll back a few pages to post in the original thread rather than spam the board up even more so than it is.
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

Oath of Blood Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cookie Wine Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2014 03:04 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

well, i'm here quite long time and... yes, everyone has bad days here. look at my profile. it used to be bad reps and no set... yea... but... i never made fun of any new member! or at least i dont remember. anyway, being new is hard but try to read the rules. better if you follow them. and just dont pay attention to those who making fun of you or being mean without any reason. and pm me for friend
    that's all
    Onew by Ωmega
    "If my joy brings you happiness, I am thankful"

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2019 01:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

I don't even understand what you're saying...

*reads previous comments*

Oh, so you're upset that people make fun of newcomers here? Well, you know, we were all newcomers at some time... If people made fun of you when you were new, you would make fun of other people when other people are new, right?

Wait, that doesn't sound right... Darn, I can't express what I'm trying to say... I'm such a bad communicator. ^^;

The Janitor Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2011 10:55 AM
    Threads

Then that is a cycle...not a good thing...
    I guess, people should not get all insulted when people make fun of them, instead just see it in their point of view...if it was funny to them perhaps it could be fuuny for both sides.
    Some times people tend to discard the feelings of others not because they felt like it, but because they thought it was funny, and they were laughing with you and not at you....

YAY... It appear that BOREDOM strikes quite often!!

Senior Member Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-16-2010 07:23 PM
    Threads

I don't start new threads, I reply to em. Well, most of the time.
    >:B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Tolerant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2010 03:31 PM
    Threads

At least pretend to sound intelligent.
    Last edited by Santa Clause : 25/12/1bc at 00:00 AM. Reason: I felt like it, you idiot.

lalalalove. keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2011 10:51 AM
    Threads

we all start off rough, but you'll be fine after a while.

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I noticed that a newbie often gets negged when they make a thread here. You shouldn't generalize and say "They don't read the rules" Cause you know what? I never read the rules, not once. Its because some people here are such idiots that they can't except some new opinions and philosophies. I'm sorry but this is one of the most hostile forums I've been to.

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

Youthful member GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2007 09:50 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki View Post
    I noticed that a newbie often gets negged when they make a thread here. You shouldn't generalize and say "They don't read the rules" Cause you know what? I never read the rules, not once. Its because some people here are such idiots that they can't except some new opinions and philosophies. I'm sorry but this is one of the most hostile forums I've been to.
    I completely understand. That's kinda what turned me off at first.

Also, lots of new people here are really young (at least I'm assuming they are). Hence the misspellings and forgetfulness of the rules.
    It's better to let them know discreetly when they did violate any rules instead of insulting them in a post ^^;

Senior Member genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2 has a reputation beyond repute genericusername2's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Tolerant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I have been to a series of other forums and witnessed many newbies making threads similar to these, and most of their senior members including their staff would instantly result to flaming.

I think Kurapica san was treated quite respectably considering the situation. I'll agree that there were a lot of posts directed to Kurapica san that could have been handled better. But when it comes to 'newbies getting negged', the members on AF will result to something less then telling them off unless it's continually happening.
    Last edited by Santa Clause : 25/12/1bc at 00:00 AM. Reason: I felt like it, you idiot.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GaiSensei View Post
    I completely understand. That's kinda what turned me off at first.

Also, lots of new people here are really young (at least I'm assuming they are). Hence the misspellings and forgetfulness of the rules.
    It's better to let them know discreetly when they did violate any rules instead of insulting them in a post ^^;
    Where's the brutal Social Darwinism of that? Their ignorance shall be scorched away in the pseudo-fascistic manner that all newbies' blissful world view has been ripped from them throughout the years this forum has existed.

The people that want one big happy fluffy family make me sick. You know where you should go if you want that crap? North Korea. That helping the new ones stuff is so communistic Lenin himself would probably crap himself in pride of it.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Youthful member GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Where's the brutal Social Darwinism of that? Their ignorance shall be scorched away in the pseudo-fascistic manner that all newbies' blissful world view has been ripped from them throughout the years this forum has existed.

The people that want one big happy fluffy family make me sick. You know where you should go if you want that crap? North Korea. That helping the new ones stuff is so communistic Lenin himself would probably crap himself in pride of it.
    Well, yeah. But everyone starts out as a newbie. A poor, frightened, naiive newbie.
    While it may be fun to pick on them for most people, they usually need help when they're starting out.

Of course all the embarrassment can be avoided if they realized that 13 and up is usually in the rules to join. I know I wouldn't let my 7-year-old online for anything at all.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GaiSensei View Post
    Well, yeah. But everyone starts out as a newbie. A poor, frightened, naiive newbie.
    While it may be fun to pick on them for most people, they usually need help when they're starting out.
    I have no sympathy for that. This way we weed out the weak and stupid so that only the strong remain.

Mother of Uru's 5 Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2012 05:03 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sunshinegasm Steam ID: trustedoctopus

There's no rule anywhere that says, "Please type with perfect grammar and punctuation" yet, the newbies seem to be made fun of for that. I do agree that we should try to help people undersand that typeing liek dis iz nawt teh wai 2 be heard. But some newbies refuse to listen to the "more seasoned" members and try to do better. But I mostly hang out in the chat, so the newbs either get "scorched" or ignored completely. But...some of them can be irritating. ._. We just want everyone to be...uh...happy here?

P.S: I didn't start out as a n00b. o.o; I've always typed like this, and I've always uhm, had a pretty good idea that the rules were simple. o_O;
    Last edited by Alicaryn Silentread; 07-15-2007 at 05:34 PM.

Sebastian is my new waifu. >w<!!

Chronic WoW Player. ♥

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alicaryn Silentread View Post
    There's no rule anywhere that says, "Please type with perfect grammar and punctuation" yet, the newbies seem to be made fun of for that. I do agree that we should try to help people undersand that typeing liek dis iz nawt teh wai 2 be heard. But some newbies refuse to listen to the "more seasoned" members and try to do better. But I mostly hang out in the chat, so the newbs either get "scorched" or ignored completely. But...some of them can be irritating. ._. We just want everyone to be...uh...happy here?
    It's not an explicit rule, but it is proper etiquette. There is no law against calling people in the middle of the night, or shouting at the top of your lounges when you're at normal speaking distance; yet you will find people will lecture you if you do that.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    It's not an explicit rule, but it is proper etiquette. There is no law against calling people in the middle of the night, or shouting at the top of your lounges when you're at normal speaking distance; yet you will find people will lecture you if you do that.
    That's all common sense though. But I see where you're coming from

Many newbies lack common sense. Still, most of them are just kids ^^;

Gil
    My Mood
    Tolerant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It is just common knowledge. When I first became a member I never did any "liek dis iz nawt teh wai 2 be heard"

I figured that this is a forum. And on forums you type. Everyone else types correctly and at least tries to make sense. Seriously though, there is very minimal effort to put punctuation and grammar in your posts. I mean if everyone else is putting in the effort especially the moderation team, why wouldn't you?

If they are advised not to post inappropriately but they ignore the advice and continue to do so, then they shouldn't complain when they get told off. By telling getting off I don't mean getting harassed or insulted.

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki View Post
    Strangely enough, therein lies the problem. YOU need to read the rules. READING them prevents many of the pitfalls in which many newbies find themselves entangled. We don't write rules just cos we're mean and hateful. We write them so that everyone can have a more enjoyable experience on here. Everywhere you go in life you'll find rules. Social Rules. Rules of Law. Forum Rules. Etc.

And on the contrary, we are quite accepting of new opinions. We try to promote diversity. We like to have nice (polite) debates on a variety of topics. We don't allow certain topics due to the inability of the masses to remain calm whilst discussing them (hence rules disallowing certain discussions).

And as to being a hostile environment, I disagree. If it were so hostile we wouldn't have so many active members who bring in fresh blood to the site.

As to the topic of this thread, do as is suggest by the many members that greet the newbies in Intro, read the rules and you'll be fine.
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Closed Thread

Thread Information