AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Racism/Stereotypes

[Waltzing Catastrophe] Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 06:53 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Racism/Stereotypes

It's just a big issue nowadays. Racism, although not accepted in today's society, happens to the best of us. You may not sense it, but some people are racist. They just don't say anything until you pass by, then they'll whisper away to that fellow or madame sitting beside them. And lots say that white folks have it made easy for them. Because white folks are sometimes viewed as more superior towards other nationalities, so they don't get picked on as much. You've heard those slang term and pressumptions. Assuming that all white folks are rich, that all Asian people are smart, that Latinos work the hardest, that the all African Americans were slaves, etc. The world does need to rid its people of all these futile judgements, but racism is like a critter that comes out when no one's around, like crickets. My question is, why do you think racism is such a big issue in America?

Stereotyping is also another big thing within schools and society. I mean...you can't just look at someone and shove them into a category/label. That'd be unfair to the person whom you are shoving into a label. Many people don't take the time to get to know people and fore they prejudge and shove them into a category. And it's quite sad that often in many schools, you'd see what are known as cliches. Maybe a group of goths over here. Gangsters over there. Nerds in the libraries. Loners alone. Emo kids over here. Scene kids there. Prep kids everywhere, etc. Just because someone looks the way they do, doesn't always mean they resemble their clothing or appearance.

Many people prejudge me as a simple-minded scene/prep/emo/rocker kid. Yeah I don't know how that happened. A blend of many things. And then people around you try to presume your interests, hobbies, culture, and how your minds works. Stupid right? What's the worst pressumption that has been placed upon your shoulders? And is it really a necessity of life? Do we really need it to keep things in order? Or are things already in order...or are they so out of control, no one can even tell.

Junior Member Kurapica san can only hope to improve Kurapica san's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2007 10:27 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Smile

You know Racism is a very very big issue

it makes me feel so angry

that some people have that kind of mind ,stupid one

I belive that we are all the same

black white asian middel eastern whatever

Thanks for the impo. sub.
    ::!:: The Lord Of The Chains ::!::

Closed Thread

Thread Information