AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WHY wont they understand?!

Does this look infected? FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-14-2009 04:40 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default WHY wont they understand?!

My mom and dad doesnt get that the computer is a link to my friends. I live in a small society with 4 busses that runts through it daily. We just got a small grocery shop, I only have two friends here, and one happens to be out of the country.

Mom keeps Removed by Bean at me to not sit in front of the computer and become a "normal, social kid". She doesnt get that I find it pleasing to chat til the middle of the night because I love to chat with people from for example america, and learn about their lifestyle and how its different from mine.

Does your parents have issues with your computer-using?
    Last edited by Bean Bandit; 07-11-2007 at 04:34 PM.
    [Feli<3Dottie<3Mori<3Lovebeat.(sig by her)]

You know that you're in love whan you can't fall asleep
    Because your reality is finally better the your dreams.
    http://felectric.deviantart.com

Senior Member Wicked Pleasures has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Pleasures has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Pleasures has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Pleasures has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Pleasures has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Pleasures has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Pleasures has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Pleasures has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Pleasures has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Pleasures has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Pleasures has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Pleasures's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2008 01:15 PM
    Threads

Un...yeah, my mom is annoyed by how much time I spend on the internet and whatnot... I dunno, your mom just seems to be worried about you. Just calm down and talk to her in a calm, serious manner and try to get her to see it your way..

Why, yes!!
    I am a Hitsugaya fangirl!

Theomorphic Abomination Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel has a reputation beyond repute Azel's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2008 11:32 PM
    Threads

Be introspective and understand where she is coming from as well. Sit down and have a talk with her and explain why you feel she is concerned too much for her own good and get your points across and once you get your feelings off your chest, and she makes her alternate points and why she thinks your too "obsessed" with your computer, persay, as long as you both talk in a calm manner you will both probably feel alot better.

The Janitor Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2011 10:55 AM
    Threads

If I was your Mom...I will be doing the same thing..
    Sometimes...you need to do something besides being on the internet.

YAY... It appear that BOREDOM strikes quite often!!

Mini_Twilight's Slave Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2008 09:01 PM
    Threads

Please DO NOT swear in my forum. Do not try to be fancy with the wording either.

Senior Member winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2008 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0738 3560 2869 0372

yea i try to tell my mom that i need more time on the internet cause she puts me on an timer and i try and tell her i get more done while on the internet bu she doesnt listen
    A scattered dream is like a far off memory.
    A far off memory is like a scattered dream.
    I wanna line the pieces up-
    yours and mine.

Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I'm glad my parents aren't like that.

>>Enter My World<<

Thanks to Ms Lucy for this awesome, funny gif.

The person that you are now is not the person that I used to know. You're becoming a stranger that I've never met before. Not liking the change though.

Does this look infected? FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli. has a reputation beyond repute FierceFeli.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Trust me, Ive tryed ttalking to her. But there is seriusly nothing else to do around here where I live. The Soccerfield is closed for public people, we dont have a dancelocal, its 5 miles to closest real town and the only thing left is to sit on a chair, wait for the next wannabe-Cinderella-act, and blink with my eyes as my mother would like me to.

But thanks for the advices!

(Ill stay away from the swearing, I though it was okay if you "**"ed it)

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Perhaps you should also try to understand from her point of view. She wants you to be well rounded, healthy and to not simply stare at a screen all day. While those in the previous generation are relatively unaware of the benefits and state of society today when it comes to computers and digitization, they do have a valid stance on where they are coming from.

Perhaps you ought to approach her with a balanced front, and keeping that in mind.

Digital Plague bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2007 07:47 AM
    Threads

Yeah same here all my friends are on the net -_-(I have no life what so ever),but I can't tell my parents that then they'll kill me.

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post
    Perhaps you should also try to understand from her point of view. She wants you to be well rounded, healthy and to not simply stare at a screen all day. While those in the previous generation are relatively unaware of the benefits and state of society today when it comes to computers and digitization, they do have a valid stance on where they are coming from.

Perhaps you ought to approach her with a balanced front, and keeping that in mind.
    Well said, and exactly what I was thinking.

Your mother cares about you, and even though she might seem witchy about it, she is trying to think of what's best for you.
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

Is Grimbo Scythe Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2010 05:06 PM
    Threads

i dont know your situation with your parents but it cant be too bad, this thread was probably just out of frustration

try to get out a bit more i guess, go running, or try to make new friends if at all possible
    THUG LIFE
    _(\_/)
    _(XX)
    (>_)>stupid bunny
    avatar by the uber talented Nespa

grim:

Unrelenting; rigid.Uninviting or unnerving in aspect; forbidding sinister.

Semper Fidelis

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks for all the advices!

i dont know your situation with your parents but it cant be too bad, this thread was probably just out of frustration

try to get out a bit more i guess, go running, or try to make new friends if at all possible

Frustraion - Fer sure.
    I dont get along with those 10 people around my society that are my age. Theyre all "NOTSOVERYNICE" to me and I prefer not to be nice to them either.
    Last edited by FierceFeli.; 07-11-2007 at 06:55 PM.

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

My mom was the same way....drove me nuts but I knew where she was coming from. What worked for me, was that I demonstarted I had a healthy offline life, and didn't act upset when I had to get off the computer, (if you get all mad and distressed you appear to be addicted). Just try communicating more.
    A MaruDashi Creation

Senior Member ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Venus Star Wand Top Manekineko American Flag Ribbon
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2012 10:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My mom and dad aren't that way all the time. Only sometimes, my dad complains, and his reasons, would be, about my eyes, and not out side working, or exercising or something.
    But they both are pretty proud of me doing the computer stuff. lol
    I think that's because in their time, they don't know how to operate computers.

---Sorry I am currently inactive; very busy with this new Filipino school x.x they are seriously trying to kill me--
    Karami the Neko Red Bean Dango ~
    Want to join Karami's Big Dango Family?

Is Grimbo Scythe Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2010 05:06 PM
    Threads

your welcome

Quote Originally Posted by FierceFeli.♥ View Post
    I dont get along with those 10 people around my society that are my age. Theyre all "NOTSOVERYNICE" to me and I prefer not to be nice to them either.
    there, if your mom wants you to be more "social" explain that the people in your town arent people you want as friends
    THUG LIFE
    _(\_/)
    _(XX)
    (>_)>stupid bunny
    avatar by the uber talented Nespa

grim:

Unrelenting; rigid.Uninviting or unnerving in aspect; forbidding sinister.

Semper Fidelis

The Janitor Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2011 10:55 AM
    Threads

Talking Give the other cheek

Quote Originally Posted by FierceFeli.♥ View Post
    Thanks for all the advices!

Frustraion - Fer sure.
    i wish I can live a lil town like that....that would be cool....
    Do not sweat it....don't you go to school? I mean...there have to be more than that...do not be mean to them that is not nice. I do not have enough info to really help you, but as far as I can read you seem like a kid who will be consider hard to approach. I live in a city, and I do not like to socialize that much...and sometimes people of my age are mean, but I am so cool that later they want to be my friends I always say yeah...what-ever.... I am so cool. The thing is that sometimes you need to maintain your cool with everybody, even if it gets you do not show unless it is appropriate. Your mom hopefully is not like my mom....wait...my mom really never care what I do...I am sort of the big sister...so my rules are the rules of the house....You know....You should talk on the phone "with your friends" so she will see you a lil bit different...like I said before...I mean if you were my kid I would cut the internet by now....Do not get me wrong but sometimes Kids (I am not saying you, I am saying in General) lose themselve on the internet...and live in lalaland. That is not healthy....I am a loner, by choice. But I do activities....like skateboarding, playing Tennis...go take pictures of your surroundings...I bet you got cousins.....don't you? Do not shut your opportunities....life passes very fast once you know it you will be like fifty, and then you will be like WHERE MY LIFE WENT? think about it. (Sorry...I just type...what i think..so perhaps somethings won't make sense...just try to read it like I am talking withou periods and commas.)

YAY... It appear that BOREDOM strikes quite often!!

Banned Forum / Chat devildog is infamous around these parts devildog's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2007 12:04 AM
    Threads

personaly i can find somthing better to do then be on the computer all day but for me i just get on my bike and do tricks that could prob kill me lol... but hey it keeps my mum off my back when she tells my bros to go out side... i praticaly live out side but only if i have a bike in hand lol

Fiddle Faddle Victim Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2007 01:04 AM
    Threads

My parents somewhat left me alone about it. They hassled me every now and then about it, but in the end I feel they knew it was what I wanted and chose to do.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Do not sweat it....don't you go to school? I

Im on vacation til August 20th, then I start College >>

there have to be more than that...do not be mean to them that is not nice.

Its hard to be nice at people who considre me a freak and a geek. Ite because I dot like getting wasted every weekend. Thats what people are around here. I dont find anything that they do "amusing" at all.

I am a loner, by choice. But I do activities....like skateboarding, playing Tennis...go take pictures of your surroundings...
    Im not a loner, I do meet friends its just that they live like 4 miles away (I live in a small society with around 600 people, the majority are childrensfamilies and oldies), and I have hobbies such as photography, skateboarding and fashion. But its still todays technical stuff that really makes me feel complete, and life is not meant to be boring nee? And I cant either help that I just love playing videogames, sitting in front of the computer and such =/ its just who I am

I bet you got cousins.....don't you?
    My cousins are either grown up/older/doesnt have the same interests/live two hours away by car.

Do not shut your opportunities....life passes very fast once you know it you will be like fifty, and then you will be like WHERE MY LIFE WENT? think about it.
    Im not shutting my opportunities. During the summer everything and I mean EVERYTHING is dead where I live. Im pretty much involved in a political group since one year back with teenagers who works to make Sweden (where I live) a better country for young people. Im headmaster of a paper there, and this upcoming semester the fist copy will be avaliable around here (5000 copies, which is a lot for a local youth magazine or whatever). Im very aware of what I am doing with my life, but Im doing it because I want to. though during school its not like this at all. And the computer is my link to other countries and education, becaues I love learning new things and to improve my english

(Sorry...I just type...what i think..so perhaps somethings won't make sense...just try to read it like I am talking withou periods and commas.)
    I really appreciate the post, thanks a lot!

My love has come. Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2010 10:44 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2370 0071 2517 5181

Well..... my mom was the same way still kinda is. But since its summer im kinda geting out more but im still addicted to the internet. I like the internet ok...lol, but ive been doing sports and clubs afterschool so my mom will shut up. I do basketball, ollyball and art club and invirmental club, well i will be doing those. Ive only done envirmental club and basketball when school starts it will be more. But try out for some sports if you haev sports there, try for some after school clubs. Its what i did and it calmd her down some. But now im kinda nocturnal over the summer so my mom is kinda mad now...oh well, she can deal.

Funny how? Funny like a clown? Do I amuse you?

Patapon Warrior zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2009 11:27 PM
    Threads

Sometimes i am nagged by my mom because of computer but ive changed [we got school and is busy for exams.. >__<] a little? Oh well.. And that you should know the reason about it. Understand, since its your mom. Parents are mostly like that. Its ok.

Senior Member black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2007 05:39 AM
    Threads

fight for the computer!
    everybody lies!!

Senior Member Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2009 11:29 PM
    Threads

Now I understand, it took me one year though.....Your situation is still better than mine, I have to work and get barely get any time of. Hey,you can join newspapers, groups and probably make a difference but I cant, I cant even use my own computer for entertainment. As for your 'town', 600 people, I am living in a village at the moment with about what? Less than 45 people?
    Actually I am not trying to make a point on whose life is better or not, what I want to say is that, you have a long life I am sure, your going to college and once your done.....You can make up all those time you have spent doing nothing.....Well that is all I have to say, I hope your future is bright.
    Last edited by Darklord; 07-12-2007 at 07:28 AM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

fight for the computer!
    Lol @ that comment xD;

Sometimes i am nagged by my mom because of computer but ive changed [we got school and is busy for exams.. >__<] a little? Oh well.. And that you should know the reason about it. Understand, since its your mom. Parents are mostly like that. Its ok.
    Im only addicted to the computer during the summer for some reason. I need the social part, and I get it from MSN. because we life kinda far away from eachother me adn my friends

Closed Thread

Thread Information