AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cremated or Buried?

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

When I die, I'll be dead and I doubt I'll care whether my body is burned or buried. Dead is dead.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Stick Master unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2010 02:51 PM
    Threads

I am financing a small mausoleum for cremations. I refuse to be planted in the dirt to be eaten by bugs. Not only that, burial sites take up too much space.

Get crazy with the cheezwiz

[I like cookies & beer]

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I have a question for those that don't want to be buried because they "don't want to be bug food." What's the difference? You'll be dead, so it's not like you'll feel the bugs eating away at you. Besides, there's coffins that completely seal anything from getting in, but they cost a little more.

Stick Master unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2010 02:51 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless111 View Post
    I have a question for those that don't want to be buried because they "don't want to be bug food." What's the difference? You'll be dead, so it's not like you'll feel the bugs eating away at you. Besides, there's coffins that completely seal anything from getting in, but they cost a little more.
    there was a man, and his name escapes me now, who was being beheaded in england. He wondered if you still felt things afterwards, so he told his colleagues that he would blink if he was still alive and could feel things. Well when he was beheaded he blinked about 9 times before he finally passed on.

that being said, you don't really know if you can feel it. The egyptians mummified themselves because they believed that the body was the only thing keeping them tied to this world, and when their body was destroyed they would cease to exist.

The fact is, you just don't know, and I'm not taking any chances

Get crazy with the cheezwiz

[I like cookies & beer]

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by unspun View Post
    there was a man, and his name escapes me now, who was being beheaded in england. He wondered if you still felt things afterwards, so he told his colleagues that he would blink if he was still alive and could feel things. Well when he was beheaded he blinked about 9 times before he finally passed on.

that being said, you don't really know if you can feel it. The egyptians mummified themselves because they believed that the body was the only thing keeping them tied to this world, and when their body was destroyed they would cease to exist.

The fact is, you just don't know, and I'm not taking any chances
    Natural reflex and ancient superstitions, huh? I don't rely on those for my belief of afterlife. But I see your point. The greatest fear of man is the unknown and death is the most mysterious thing of all.

hold me accountable Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2009 03:49 PM
    Threads

Your body will be with you your entire life. It's always gonna be there through thick and thin. It's garunteed to never leave you (except for maybe the odd limb) untill you die. And you want your vessel, the thing you spent your life in, the thing that showed emotions, helped you communicate and an endless number of other things... To just rot away slowly and be eaten by bugs? No option is particularly nice, but out of burried and cremated... I would prefer to go for the more elegant of the two.
    "Done because we are too meny."

Senior Member ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2007 07:10 PM
    Threads

Yea but still it is like a disgrace to your body... I mean you wouldnt want that whether you were living or not.
    What May be as White and Pure as a Cloud can be as Violent and Terrible as a Storm.

May Love find you.

he's adorable!^^

R.I.P. Legend S. We will always remeber you.

Need Anything?
    PM me! <3

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by exquiro View Post
    Your body will be with you your entire life. It's always gonna be there through thick and thin. It's garunteed to never leave you (except for maybe the odd limb) untill you die. And you want your vessel, the thing you spent your life in, the thing that showed emotions, helped you communicate and an endless number of other things... To just rot away slowly and be eaten by bugs? No option is particularly nice, but out of burried and cremated... I would prefer to go for the more elegant of the two.
    Who says cremation is more elegant? Didn't seem so when the Nazis did it. And you're glorifying the body as a temple way too much. It isn't that special, besides the fact that it enables you to do stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood View Post
    Yea but still it is like a disgrace to your body... I mean you wouldnt want that whether you were living or not.
    Whether I was living or dead? Well, if I was dead, I wouldn't have a care in the world. So I wouldn't care if my body was a pile of ashes or worm meat.

hold me accountable Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Who says cremation is more elegant? Didn't seem so when the Nazis did it. And you're glorifying the body as a temple way too much. It isn't that special, besides the fact that it enables you to do stuff.

Whether I was living or dead? Well, if I was dead, I wouldn't have a care in the world. So I wouldn't care if my body was a pile of ashes or worm meat.
    You wanna go throw away your body and see what happens? Personally I'm very thankful of my whole and healthy body. If I may add to my earlier post... I would have all healthy oragans removed for recycling, THEN I would have my body cremated.
    I don't think the body is an all amazing, all powerfull, 'special' thing... I would just like it to be cared for when I'm gone. And I personally think cremation is more elegant, you think it would've been much better if they left a big pile of rotting corpses lying around? Rotting flesh - Ashes - Rotting flesh - Ashes... It's a matter of opinion really.
    BUT, I do think you're partially right. (In my opinion) when you're dead and gone you won't be there to care... But I will care while I am still here. I guess in a way it doesn't REALLY matter in the end... But it matters to me right here and right now. Maybe it's just a comfort thing...
    Last edited by Exquiro; 07-04-2007 at 10:59 AM.

Senior Member ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well Faceless it shows that you dont care for the blessing you were given.. Anyway a body isnt just a thing that enables you to do things.. It is much more than that. It lets peeps create life, it is a work of art. Without it so many things in history could not happen. And yet, peeps trash this gift with drugs and voilence.. it is sad
    Last edited by ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood; 07-04-2007 at 11:00 AM.
    What May be as White and Pure as a Cloud can be as Violent and Terrible as a Storm.

May Love find you.

he's adorable!^^

Need Anything?
    PM me! <3

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You wanna go throw away your body and see what happens? Personally I'm very thankful of my whole and healthy body. If I may add to my earlier post... I would have all healthy oragans removed for recycling, THEN I would have my body cremated.
    I don't think the body is an all amazing, all powerfull, 'special' thing... I would just like it to be cared for when I'm gone. And I personally think cremation is more elegant, you think it would've been much better if they left a big pile of rotting corpses lying around? Rotting flesh - Ashes - Rotting flesh - Ashes... It's a matter of opinion really.
    BUT, I do think you're partially right. (In my opinion) when you're dead and gone you won't be there to care... But I will care while I am still here. I guess in a way it doesn't REALLY matter in the end... But it matters to me right here and right now. Maybe it's just a comfort thing...
    I'll leave my body when I die, thanks. And you sure make out the body to be more than it is, a tool. And what's so elegant about ashes? At least you get to dress fancy in the coffin. And it matters to you while you're still here? What would you do about if your family goes against your wishes and just decides to bury you? Nothing.

Oh, and let's not forget the option to freeze yourself, heh.

Well Faceless it shows that you dont care for the blessing you were given.. Anyway a body isnt just a thing that enables you to do things.. It is much more than that. It lets peeps create life, it is a work of art. Without it so many things in history could not happen. And yet, peeps trash this gift with drugs and voilence.. it is sad
    Oh, I do care for my body, lady. I really do. I certainly don't to get my arm chopped off or anything. I don't abuse drugs, except the occasional drunken night. I do care what happens to my body while I alive, but after that, I'm carefree.
    Last edited by Faceless111; 07-04-2007 at 11:11 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ohh i see.. well i guess it is your decion so i cant stop you.. It is your opinion after all.

May Love find you.

he's adorable!^^

Need Anything?
    PM me! <3

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I beleive (please correct me if I'm wrong) that what Chic was asking... Is what do you want to happen to your body when you die? Not what's actually gonna happen. You're right, when I'm dead I won't be able to do anything... Nor will I be there to care. But I would like to think that my body isn't gonna be rotten and mangled >.<
    You're also right about the tool, it is just a tool... But I like it, and I wanna keep it, and I'm totally skrewed without it. It's the most useful tool you're ever gonna have so I think it should be looked after in the way you want it to be.
    I have a question (that I think I already know the answer too). Would you care at all if someone told you that when you're dead they were gonna slice up your body, give you an angel smile and do strange and disturbing things to it?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I have a question (that I think I already know the answer too). Would you care at all if someone told you that when you're dead they were gonna slice up your body, give you an angel smile and do strange and disturbing things to it?
    I wouldn't mind if he or she waited until I died a natural death. If the person was a murderer or that was a threat, I'd call the cops.

Oh, and to further discuss the more elegant way to go, don't you think a skeleton is pretty cool? I mean, it's take awhile, but when you're dead you'll have eternity. And think about that, just picture it; a skeleton in a fancy suit. Isn't that pretty neat? Yeah? Yeah? No? Okay.
    Last edited by Faceless111; 07-04-2007 at 11:38 AM.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

What's the difference? Burial is outdated. It was invented to get rid of the body. But it really doesn't, it just hides it. It's better to do a proper job through cremation than a half-baked one through burial. Even some bronze age civilizations got the hint, and burned their dead instead of just digging a hole in the ground.

If you are left in a hermetically sealed container, you will be turned into a greasy liquid by the bacteria already present in your body. That's not very pleasant either.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I wouldn't mind if he or she waited until I died a natural death. If the person was a murderer or that was a threat, I'd call the cops.
    Bah, okay -_- You win. I can't explain fully why I dislike the idea of my rotting corpse and people defacing my dead body. I won't be there to care, BUT I DO T_T

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    What's the difference? Burial is outdated. It was invented to get rid of the body. But it really doesn't, it just hides it. It's better to do a proper job through cremation than a half-baked one through burial. Even some bronze age civilizations got the hint, and burned their dead instead of just digging a hole in the ground.

If you are left in a hermetically sealed container, you will be turned into a greasy liquid by the bacteria already present in your body. That's not very pleasant either.
    As an individual, I don't care what happens to my body after I die. Bury me, burn me, it's all the same. But, you're right. Burning bodies is efficient to society. If we did that, we could get rid of the graveyards and make room to put the homeless. That seems to work. And it certainly seemed to be functional in The Brave New World.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well i wouldnt be there like exquiro said but still in the rembrence of me i would like to stay un-bugged, i mean i dont want my loved ones to think i am just rotting away.. i guess..

May Love find you.

he's adorable!^^

Need Anything?
    PM me! <3

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well i wouldnt be there like exquiro said but still in the rembrence of me i would like to stay un-bugged, i mean i dont want my loved ones to think i am just rotting away.. i guess..
    My dad was buried and I don't think of him as a rotting corpse. I remember him well and fondly, and never as a rotting corpse.

Senior Member Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow Fluff's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-16-2010 07:23 PM
    Threads

Cremated.
    >:B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hm... Okay, I'm gonna TRY and explain... My body, although it's just a tool, is something I've always known. It's something that's gonna age with me, I look at it in the mirror everyday. I'm so USED to it. It's always there, and it always will be there untill I die. It's like I just know it so well. I know practically everything there is to know about it, and not only can I feel it by touch I can MOVE it, I can control it. I guess it's not really about it being my body, it's just about it being THERE. Like something you never liked but you know you'll miss when it's gone? I don't want my body to just rot because I don't like the idea of something I know so well slowly turning into a hidious lump of rotting flesh. I really can't quite describe it, did that make ANY sense at all?
    Last edited by Exquiro; 07-04-2007 at 12:27 PM.

Member Coeur Triste has a reputation beyond repute Coeur Triste has a reputation beyond repute Coeur Triste has a reputation beyond repute Coeur Triste has a reputation beyond repute Coeur Triste has a reputation beyond repute Coeur Triste has a reputation beyond repute Coeur Triste has a reputation beyond repute Coeur Triste has a reputation beyond repute Coeur Triste has a reputation beyond repute Coeur Triste has a reputation beyond repute Coeur Triste has a reputation beyond repute Coeur Triste's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2007 01:35 AM
    Threads

Hmm, strange question. Good, but strange.

I believe I'd get cremated: it's cheaper and they can carry me around in a vase or sprinkle me around. It's a lot easier to keep a person with you if they're cremated, eh? Sounds a bit strange, but I'd say it's true.

"Take your past, burn it up and let it go.
    Carry on, I'm stronger than you'll ever know.
    Here's the deal: you get no respect."

"Never look back and never think twice."

-... To Be Loved

-Papa Roach

Senior Member Froggydude has a reputation beyond repute Froggydude has a reputation beyond repute Froggydude has a reputation beyond repute Froggydude has a reputation beyond repute Froggydude has a reputation beyond repute Froggydude has a reputation beyond repute Froggydude has a reputation beyond repute Froggydude has a reputation beyond repute Froggydude has a reputation beyond repute Froggydude has a reputation beyond repute Froggydude has a reputation beyond repute Froggydude's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2008 04:36 PM
    Threads

Cremated, i don't want to rot...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hm... Okay, I'm gonna TRY and explain... My body, although it's just a tool, is something I've always known. It's something that's gonna age with me, I look at it in the mirror everyday. I'm so USED to it. It's always there, and it always will be there untill I die. It's like I just know it so well. I know practically everything there is to know about it, and not only can I feel it by touch I can MOVE it, I can control it. I guess it's not really about it being my body, it's just about it being THERE. Like something you never liked but you know you'll miss when it's gone? I don't want my body to just rot because I don't like the idea of something I know so well slowly turning into a hidious lump of rotting flesh. I really can't quite describe it, did that make ANY sense at all?
    I can understand why you want what you want and it's not for me to judge you wrongly for it. As a matter of fact, I don't think of you badly for wanting to be cremated. It doesn't matter to me what you want.

Just for me, personally, I don't care what happens to my body after I die. I guess I'll let my family decide when the time comes. And I don't tend to give my death deep thought.

Senior Member Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2008 05:32 PM
    Threads

If I die in a fire: My as well finish the job. Otherwise I have a feeling with all the stuff I've been doing, I'll end up going to Hell since I say I'm going to Hell a lot and that I'll meet you in Hell. I'd prefer buried so once in a while someone can visit me.
    Why I'm Better Than You | I have an inability care about swearing

Christopher Micheal Benoit Career Profile
    May 21, 1967 - June 25 2007

Closed Thread

Thread Information