AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: the death penalty

Dom Vodka The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2008 10:10 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 13233432

Thumbs up the death penalty

is it write or wrong? i am personaly against it but at the same time think the people who get it are idiots.
    i mean if you know your ging to die so move as much as possible and knck the sir inge out of their hand so they dont get yiou with it, then k.o them and take some siringes with you and go through people untill some law enforcment showws sup with a gun,, get that and then hopfully ypu know the rest, but everyone thqat has ghotten the penalty has not eaven tried to escape . now befor you say they aree straped down and they cant, they can get away befor being srtraped down. i want to hear dead pools veiw on this
    Me and my freinds drank all the pepsi now we jut sell'in the coke.....
    Yo, chek out my page.

http://s3.gladiatus.us/game/*************40403

Member uchiha_siy will become famous soon enough uchiha_siy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2007 03:49 PM
    Threads

did you ever stop to think that maybe people HAVE tried to escape, also there could be the chance that these people know that they have done wrong and accept the sentence. Im pretty sure if it got to the point where i was being strapped down i would just relax and let it happen.

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Can you please try and use proper punctuation, I'm sorry but that paragraph is hard to read.

Anyway, I'm neither for nor against. If someone killed someone close to me I would want them to die, but that doesn't mean they deserve to.

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

Dom Vodka The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by uchiha_siy View Post
    did you ever stop to think that maybe people HAVE tried to escape, also there could be the chance that these people know that they have done wrong and accept the sentence. Im pretty sure if it got to the point where i was being strapped down i would just relax and let it happen.
    yeah i thought about it and they havent, it would have made headlines
    " man with death penalty takes twenty with him to the grave"
    that would have been all over the place. the reason i know that is because the other day dogs fighting cats was on the news. and how would you just give up and get straped in? we dont know were we go when we die, we might go to heaven, hell, we might stay concious. we dont know. i would put up a fight.
    Yo, chek out my page.

The Rocker Witch Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2008 12:51 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki View Post
    Can you please try and use proper punctuation, I'm sorry but that paragraph is hard to read.

Anyway, I'm neither for nor against. If someone killed someone close to me I would want them to die, but that doesn't mean they deserve to.
    I agree with her. On both opinions.
    The Member Formerly Known as ~*Haru*~

[ This is my World, and you can't Join it ]
    ×Inhumane and Beautiful×

You're a 90's kid when...
    You know that, before SpongeBob, the Snorkels inhabited the bottom of the Sea.

[~Set done by Megami~]

Senior Member Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2009 10:01 PM
    Threads

Think of Adolf Hitler.

Now, how do you feel?

Member uchiha_siy will become famous soon enough uchiha_siy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2007 03:49 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by The Dom View Post
    how would you just give up and get straped in? we dont know were we go when we die, we might go to heaven, hell, we might stay concious. we dont know. i would put up a fight.
    I suppose most people wouldnt, but im a little too compassionate, if i did something that was bad enough to get me the death penalty i would probably be contemplating suicide anyway.

Is Grimbo Scythe Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2010 05:06 PM
    Threads

geez im sick of this topic
    i had to debate it in class and it was a tie! damit
    i was pro, but i really don't care if they aren't put to death so long as their never released and aren't allowed conjugal visits, but really to me dying ends it all so i think it can be worse than letting them torture themselves because some individuals will never feel remorse over what they have done
    THUG LIFE
    _(\_/)
    _(XX)
    (>_)>stupid bunny
    avatar by the uber talented Nespa

grim:

Unrelenting; rigid.Uninviting or unnerving in aspect; forbidding sinister.

Semper Fidelis

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Anpan Hayase View Post
    Think of Adolf Hitler.

Now, how do you feel?
    point taken
    Yo, chek out my page.

Stick Master unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2010 02:51 PM
    Threads

I think we're overpopulated as it is.

Get crazy with the cheezwiz

[I like cookies & beer]

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Think of Adolf Hitler.

Now, how do you feel?
    What point do you want to make? That the Nazis invented lethal injection, or that they killed a bunch of people pretty arbitrarily, or that the Nazis are evil and evil people should be killed?

By the way, way to go, fulfilling Goodwin's law early in the debate!
    Last edited by Eris; 06-30-2007 at 02:17 PM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Stick Master unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    What point do you want to make? That the Nazis invented lethal injection, or that they killed a bunch of people pretty arbitrarily, or that the Nazis are evil and evil people should be killed?

By the way, way to go, fulfilling Goodwin's law early in the debate!

you never know, maybe she was saying that she's a nazi and she believes the death penalty is a righteous act to create a world without hatred?

[I like cookies & beer]

Senior Member Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2008 09:37 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by unspun View Post
    I think we're overpopulated as it is.
    same opinion here...

only thing left is figuring out how to get rid of it,
    my friend always says push the button(of the missile silos in whereever)
    id rather get a g36, two desert eagles and a katana and then...mwuhahahaha!!!

for all your LARPing equipment ->http://www.lrpstore.com/?source=af14208&af=14208

Either we are alone in the universe or we are not. Either idea is staggering.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Raven View Post
    same opinion here...

only thing left is figuring out how to get rid of it,
    my friend always says push the button(of the missile silos in whereever)
    id rather get a g36, two desert eagles and a katana and then...mwuhahahaha!!!
    lol.. I think instead of the death penalty, anybody on death row should automatically be subjected to human testing. to create cures, rid diseases, push forth evolution. It would be less of a waste of good sample material if you ask me. And it would save tax payer's dollars, since the people on death row are usually there for a few years, free room and board until then.

[I like cookies & beer]

Senior Member Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven has a brilliant future Neal Raven's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2008 09:37 AM
    Threads

lol.. I think instead of the death penalty, anybody on death row should automatically be subjected to human testing. to create cures, rid diseases, push forth evolution. It would be less of a waste of good sample material if you ask me. And it would save tax payer's dollars, since the people on death row are usually there for a few years, free room and board until then.
    they already do that...

edit: but they still need the prisoners approval...

for all your LARPing equipment ->http://www.lrpstore.com/?source=af14208&af=14208

Either we are alone in the universe or we are not. Either idea is staggering.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You have a strange concept of pushing forth evolution. The best way of doing that would be to get rid of health care, so that the maximum amount of people would die from illnesses. Anyways, I think doctor Mengle would approve of your plans to experiment on the condemned.
    Last edited by Eris; 06-30-2007 at 03:12 PM.

Senior Member Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2008 05:32 PM
    Threads

I'll admit I'm vidictive. VERY MUCH so. It depends on the serverity of their crime. If a guy just kills ONE person in cold blood, it should be life imprisonment without the possibility of parole. If it's more than five people it should be Death Sentence. If any of the victims are pregnant women or children, they should be shot upon being located. That's my opinion. Sometimes the law system doesn't work... sometimes it dooes.

Ace of Trades Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2007 12:28 PM
    Threads

This kinda reminds me of a thread made last year. Use those sentenced to death or life in prison as spare parts for other people. Organ donations. Yum.

As for my thoughts on the death penalty... well, I'm not as well versed in written law to understand how egregious a crime has to be to warrant a death sentence. But I think that if a person has the brass balls to kill people for self-serving complacency, egoism, or otherwise petty reasons (you scuffed my sneakers, foo'!), that person should be put six feet under, all the same.

Why would you want to empower someone who takes life for these reasons by letting them live?
    life is an existential carousel... (journal update: dec 12 2006) //// dawnrune made my avy. he also made a sig for me, but I'm going to retire it. (looking for a replacement set! but I have no money. interested in helping? PM me.)
    ~
    has anyone seen my life? if so, report to AF's lost and found

Aritzia Lyne Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2008 09:11 AM
    Threads

I'm more to the against side. I think anyone who commited something bad or wrong should have a second chance in life. Everyone makes mistakes; sometimes big & sometimes small.
    Of course there are some exceptions. Ie. ruthless killers, rapists, terrorists...etc.

Much love to Jagan Eye for the lovely set. <3

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You have a strange concept of pushing forth evolution. The best way of doing that would be to get rid of health care, so that the maximum amount of people would die from illnesses. Anyways, I think doctor Mengle would approve of your plans to experiment on the condemned.
    ROFLMAO you compared me to a Nazi Eris <3
    I was referring to genetic mutation, not evolution by ways of cures but I didn't make that abundantly clear, my mistake. (I don't know about you, but lightening bolts out of my sounds like a real treat to me)

if we got rid of health care, where would we get our wonderful drugs?

lol j/k
    Last edited by Kewii; 06-30-2007 at 06:16 PM.

[I like cookies & beer]

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I believe in decimation. Instead of having silly ideas of "justice", you strive to deter crime through fear of arbitrary and brutal punishments. If a crime is committed within a district, every umpth person is punished in some gruesome medieval way, and any revenge against the actual criminal is sanctioned (that way, if your aunt gets killed for something you know another person did, you are free to kill the criminal.) Much cheaper than the expensive legal system we have today, with courts and jails and stuff like that.

ROFLMAO you compared me to a Nazi Eris <3
    Well, Goodwin's law had already been proven true in this thread, figured a little redundancy wouldn't hurt.
    Last edited by Eris; 06-30-2007 at 04:32 PM.

Ace of Trades Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Lucidian Dyne's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2007 12:28 PM
    Threads

So, you're saying that a group should be punished for something the individual does? Heh, can't really deny the effectiveness this would have, if the end result was all that mattered. Crime rates would be minimal.

I wonder if it would be just as effective if the crime was committed amidst governmental bodies. Say a senator gets caught dabbling in an underaged sex ring. Execute the whole legislature. That would be a gnarly example to set.
    life is an existential carousel... (journal update: dec 12 2006) //// dawnrune made my avy. he also made a sig for me, but I'm going to retire it. (looking for a replacement set! but I have no money. interested in helping? PM me.)
    ~
    has anyone seen my life? if so, report to AF's lost and found

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidian Dyne View Post
    I wonder if it would be just as effective if the crime was committed amidst governmental bodies. Say a senator gets caught dabbling in an underaged sex ring. Execute the whole legislature. That would be a gnarly example to set.
    Oh, no, you just punish him and/or some of his neighbors at random. That way, if he isn't punished, there's sure to be some else to take care of the problem.

The Roman army used to deploy this system, if someone messed up, every tenth person in the platoon would be killed.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Think of Adolf Hitler.

Now, how do you feel?
    So the Nazis are some sort of ultimate evil, and every thing they do reflects it?

So, you then should agree that Superhighways, which the Nazis basically invented, are irredeemably evil. Also, *GASP* Hitler was a vegetarian, so if you don't eat meat you obviously want to kill the Jews and invade Russia in the winter.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

The Rocker Witch Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2008 12:51 PM
    Threads

I believe in decimation. Instead of having silly ideas of "justice", you strive to deter crime through fear of arbitrary and brutal punishments. If a crime is committed within a district, every umpth person is punished in some gruesome medieval way, and any revenge against the actual criminal is sanctioned (that way, if your aunt gets killed for something you know another person did, you are free to kill the criminal.) Much cheaper than the expensive legal system we have today, with courts and jails and stuff like that.
    You know, going back to the Lex Talionis ("An eye for an eye") doesn't sound too bad when you put it like that, Eris.
    The Member Formerly Known as ~*Haru*~

[ This is my World, and you can't Join it ]
    ×Inhumane and Beautiful×

You're a 90's kid when...
    You know that, before SpongeBob, the Snorkels inhabited the bottom of the Sea.

[~Set done by Megami~]

Closed Thread

Thread Information