AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Help w/my deck please!

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    ajin is a glorious beacon of light ajin is a glorious beacon of light ajin is a glorious beacon of light ajin is a glorious beacon of light ajin is a glorious beacon of light ajin is a glorious beacon of light ajin's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2008 08:02 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Help w/my deck please!

I use a magician deck. My problem is I can hardly seem to win. I know the rules of the game and I've played a lot, yet I keep losing. I always play against my brother and he's really good. Everytime we duel he usually uses a different deck. my strategy is to summon all 3 of my dark magicians and combine it w/delta attacker. My 2nd strategy is to summon my dark eradicator warlock and use his effect. Many of my cards have effects, most of which I use to increase my life pts. Can anyone tell what I'm doing wrong or what I need to improve in order to win? Thanks!
    "We stand in awe before that which cannot be seen." (Rukia Kuchiki- Bleach)

Junior Member Citlali is on a distinguished road Citlali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2007 08:54 PM
    Threads

i'm not an expert, not even close, but i have the same theme deck as you. i guess your problem you are heaving careds to power yourself back while leaving your oponent free and loads of time to destroy you with a strategy. Do you have cards that can destroy your opponents cards? Mystical space typhon, or dust tornado? Look really closely to what you want to have on your FIELD when FIXING your deck. If you think a card is pretty or has a whorth while atk. you'll have to really think if you want that card b/c it will probably be your "killer card" even if you are saying your other three are the "killer cards" Maybe thi'll would help, if you have more than 40 cards then your in a jiffy, but i'm not sure how your deck is really made out of, more spells, more traps, or more monsters...i'm trying to help, and again, i'm not really good at it, just a bit of info for you .

Member Yuki Judai is a splendid one to behold Yuki Judai is a splendid one to behold Yuki Judai is a splendid one to behold Yuki Judai is a splendid one to behold Yuki Judai is a splendid one to behold Yuki Judai is a splendid one to behold Yuki Judai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-04-2010 12:51 PM
    Threads

Actually if you build a deck, then you have to look what you are building it around:

First: You need to choose your power striker (= your aimed card you wish to put into play as soon as possible)

Second: Choose the best ways to get it into play. If you have a dark magician deck, you need a lot of monsters to tribute. To summon Dark Magician of Black Chaos, you need monsters up to at least level 8 to summon him, so you need at least 2 lv4 monsters, or use the same strategy as Yugi Used against Noah: Use a very high level monster, like Walkyrion the Magna warrior!

Third: If you want to bring Dark Magician into play, use a lot of high defense monsters, those with at least 2000 defense points, these aren't strong on offense, but they can protect your lifepoints in defense position, and deal damage to your opponent. Same goes for Dark Magician girl.

Fourth: If you use effect monsters to enlarge your lifepoints, then you should also use their second special ability: Nimble momonga not only enlarges your lp by 1000, but also you can summon more to the field(according to how many you have in your deck), or Giant germ, which deals 500 points of direct damage to your opponent, but the second effect works just like by Nimble momonga.

Fifth: *and most important* Use tons of Equip and quick play spells and also strong traps, like Mirror force, Dust tornado, Negate attack, Waboku, Wall of Revealing light, draining shield or stuff like these, and power up your monsters with trap cards those can be used as equips, like Kunai with chain, or Metalmorph, and of course tons of useful spellcards, those help you get what you need.

Sixth: use many spells and traps to bring your monsters into your hand: Painful choice, Card destruction, Pot of greed, Graceful charity (these two only if it's not an official tournament match!) Jar of Greed, Reckless greed, Backup soldier, and so on.

Seventh: Use effect monsters that also help you, like Morphing jar, Morhing jar #2, Sangan, Skellengel, and so on, which help you draw more and more cards, which can help you a lot in getting the right cards together.

eigth': Be sure to look the best combos up, to surely have your best monsters summoned. Like Sages stone, and DMG can help you summon Dark Magician, and so on!

So I hope I've been helpful enough. I know this very well, I have a Blue Eyes White dragon based deck, and I only lost a few times, but mostly I win. Don't forget: It's some luck, trust and a lucky hand what you need to win a duel.

ajin is a glorious beacon of light ajin is a glorious beacon of light ajin is a glorious beacon of light ajin is a glorious beacon of light ajin is a glorious beacon of light ajin is a glorious beacon of light ajin's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hey, thanks for all the help guys! I'll try out these strategies

Member Yuki Judai is a splendid one to behold Yuki Judai is a splendid one to behold Yuki Judai is a splendid one to behold Yuki Judai is a splendid one to behold Yuki Judai is a splendid one to behold Yuki Judai is a splendid one to behold Yuki Judai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-04-2010 12:51 PM
    Threads

It was no problem really!

tuxedo mask shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2013 07:07 PM
    Threads

Perhaps you should try using dragon /magician mixture
    Destined to be alone for ever.

Chaos Unborn Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Hattori Hanzo Steel Bleach Ichigo Mask Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2013 04:43 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Ok i know that black Luster Soildr Envoy of the Beginning is not allowed in tornaments aloow with half my good cards but i still use them in non Tornament duals iots fun to use him my plans are good and ive lost only 5 matchs out of abot 45. So yeah i like my deck. i add more and more cards to it and take some away. I plan of decreasing my Deck from 80 something to atleast 60 something.

Senior Member Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2008 05:32 PM
    Threads

Actually you CAN go defense, but a good defense is a strong offense and vice versa. I'm a master in my own rights. I've been playing and judging the game since it first arrived here in America. Now I can give you some badd lists, but it depeneds on your budget, your playing style, if you want to play with banned cards or if you wnat to play without banned cards. If you're going with the Dark Magician, there's a nice pool to chose from. It can also be to power him up as well. I myself play a Dark Magician deck, but it's based on his apprentice the Dark Magician Girl, not himself.

Hollow Ichigo: I'm sorry, I think you're lieing. You cann't possible win with an 80 card deck on a tournament class level. If you do, then you must have horrible players.

Yuki Judai: I HIGHLY disagree with everything you said. it looks like your post is based off teh show and not the actual TCG. If you do manage to win with your BEWD congrats. I managed to pull a lot of out of nowhere/upset victories with my Water Exodia back when Legacy of Darkness was new.

Edit note: Watch your language. Next time it's a warning.
    Last edited by Cless Alvein; 07-08-2007 at 01:17 AM.
    Why I'm Better Than You | I have an inability care about swearing

Christopher Micheal Benoit Career Profile
    May 21, 1967 - June 25 2007

Chaos Unborn Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Hattori Hanzo Steel Bleach Ichigo Mask Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2013 04:43 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

wrong i play with a 80 card deck when not in tornaments but in Otnrment i change my deck ALOT. Like i siad i play on a tornament level but not in Tornements. Some of my friends have beat me when im in Tornaments but not when im using the deck i posted.

Senior Member Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer has a reputation beyond repute Saiyan Destroyer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Your deck is THE MOST illegal Deck I've seen in a VERY long time. I doubt your credits of winning a lot but there are those ones that do happen. I mean if a 250 card deck in Magic the Gather, the most balanced game ever can have an 200 card deck instant win place top 8 in a WORLD Championship, no reason why you shouldn't be able to either when I think about it.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hey guys, could you stick on topic on topic here? I did not create this thread so you could argue w/ one another

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I appologize ajin. Would you like a Dark Magician Deck for Advanced (with bans) or Traditional (Without bans)

tuxedo mask shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ok ignore what i said earlier you have a magician deck you like it i pressume then stick with it have faith in the deck you should win no problems

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

my deck is mostly made of cards from a magician structure deck that I bought. I don't believe I have any banned cards (in my deck at least), so I'll go w/traditional Chris.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'll drop one for you tomorrow. I'tll be Dark Magician centered of course.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Tribute Monsters 5
    1x Jinzo
    2x Dark Magician
    1x Dark Magician Girl
    1x Dark Magician of Chaos

Non-Tribute
    1x D.D. Warrior Lady
    1x Morphing Jar
    1x Sangan
    1x Spirit Reaper
    1x Treeborn Frog
    3x Gemini Elf
    3x Magician's Valkyrie
    3x Skilled Dark Magician

Spells 14
    1x Card Destruction
    1x Heavy Storm
    1x Mystical Space Typhoon
    1x Nobleman of Crossout
    1x Premature Burial
    1x Pot of Avarice
    1x Sage's Stone
    1x Scapegoat
    1x Snatch Steal
    1x Swords of Revealing Light
    2x Smashing Grounds
    2x Thousand Knives

Traps 6
    1x Call of the Haunted
    1x Mirror Force
    1x Ring of Destruction
    1x Torrential Tribute
    2x Sakuretzu Armor

40 Card Dark Magician deck, Sage's Stone is a spell that if you got a face up her, special summon a face up him from the deck or hand. Thousand Knives is Dark Magician only, but it kills ANY creature on the field. Since there's a pretty equal amount of Darks and Lights, I tossed in Dark Magician of Chaos. Card Destruction is a decent card drawing ability, not the best but this is the first version of DM deck I've tried in about 3 years. Questions? I'll be submitting V 2.0 When I go through all the sets, I just need a website with spoilers for all the sets.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Nice deck made by beoit there but you made a deck right so stick with it, as for defence and all that screw off the best way to defend is swarm you're opponent

Closed Thread

Thread Information