AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: PIU Anyone? [Pump it Up]

Disjointed Heart. Kageh has a reputation beyond repute Kageh has a reputation beyond repute Kageh has a reputation beyond repute Kageh has a reputation beyond repute Kageh has a reputation beyond repute Kageh has a reputation beyond repute Kageh has a reputation beyond repute Kageh has a reputation beyond repute Kageh has a reputation beyond repute Kageh has a reputation beyond repute Kageh has a reputation beyond repute Kageh's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2007 09:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Cool PIU Anyone? [Pump it Up]

I was just kinda curious as of to if there where any PIU players on AF.
    PIU is Pump it Up.
    For those who don't know.
    It's the Korean version of DDR -to make it simple-
    With 5 steps instead of 4.
    Diagnols & Center.
    If you play PIU please post about.
    1. Your highest difficulty you've ever passed. "This includes getting a D"
    2. Your favorite song, or songs.
    3. What charts do you think are just insane, lol.
    4. What version of PIU that you play on "SD, Exceed, Exceed2, Zero, NX"
    5. If you have been to any tournaments, and if so, What division and place you ranked.
    6. & I guess anything else that is PIU related.
    No spam please. Please keep it 'mostly' on topic.
    Thanks.

My highest difficulty I have ever passed is a 18.
    Fav songs are. Chung Hwa Ban Jeom, Go back, U inside my Dim Memory, Chimera, Moonlight, Love is a Danger Zone 2, FEAP 2-2, Emergency, Bust Back, Typhoon, Dignity, Dr. M, Mr. Fire Fighter, Eres Para Mi, I'll give you all my love, Phantom, Beat of the War 2, Solitary 2, Shake that bootie, Storm, Up Up, Witch Doctor.
    -That will be all that I name for now, lol-
    For insane step charts, I think I'll say.
    Chimera - NightMare difficulty is "????????????" Lmao.
    Another I'll add is FAEP 2-2. I don't remember the difficulty.
    I play on the Nx version on PIU.
    I have been to 6 tournaments. 4-6 were local. 2 were in Bloomington Indiana.
    Didn't make it to far. Playing against people who have either no life, or who have been playing since its been out. I got into the mid-brackets.
    I got beat out by a guy named "Brandon". Who has been playing for about 4+ years.
    I've been playing a little under a year. Lol
    So yea. Kinda obvious why I lost. :P
    Your turn~
    Below is a very low quality pic of me playing.. Friend took the pic. Lmao.
    It's old. Crappy. Yea. Basically uploading to show the pad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PIU.jpg‎
Views:	27
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	15840  
    Last edited by Regex; 06-26-2007 at 12:01 PM.

Senior Member Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2007 05:18 PM
    Threads

Eww...I tried PIU, but I didn't like it. All in all, DDR is my personal favorite; I've been playing for four years, but I take really long hiatus's that are generally around 4-5 months long, and I'm in the middle of one of those right now. Generally, I can pass level 9's with a few AA's, and I can pass a few level 10's. So far, only songs that I haven't passed at one point or another are:

Paranoia Survivor MAX (Heavy and Challenge)
    Any of the Boss songs from SuperNOVA
    Paranoia -Respect-
    I think that's it...

A big problem for me with any kind of dance game is that I can't go for long periods of time without my left side getting this stabbing pain and having severe lack of breath (I'm slightly asthmatic), so does anyone have any tips to help out?

Thanks to Divine Dragon from Bladegash for the awesome Sig!

Disjointed Heart. Kageh has a reputation beyond repute Kageh has a reputation beyond repute Kageh has a reputation beyond repute Kageh has a reputation beyond repute Kageh has a reputation beyond repute Kageh has a reputation beyond repute Kageh has a reputation beyond repute Kageh has a reputation beyond repute Kageh has a reputation beyond repute Kageh has a reputation beyond repute Kageh has a reputation beyond repute Kageh's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I see.
    Well one of the best ways to improve stamina, (That doesn't involve pushing yourself, or killing yourself) Would be to play some songs that are 2-3 -In DDR's case- footers lower than your average song difficulty. Or just songs that you know that you can pass easily, and play ALOT of them Lol. Like, On PIU My average song difficulty is a 16. So i play 13's and 14's to warm up first. See if you can make some sense out of that. It was kinda thrown in there, I messed up the order of it all a little. but yea. Just play until you can't anymore. Give it a rest, and go again. That's what I did. After I had pneumonia or 3 months, and I lost all my stamina. I just played easy songs, and kept pushing myself, til I got back to where I was.

-Thinks first-

To make things simple.
    Play songs that aren't "exhausting" for you. And play alot of them. Its not a fast way to make your stamina better, But in your case, its prolly the best, since you have asthma and all. hope I helped a little. Lol. Because. I kinda confused myself. O.o;

Senior Member Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2007 05:18 PM
    Threads

Indeed, I can understand what you're saying; play a few 7-8's first, and then move on to 9's and 10's after a few games. Gotcha.

Thanks to Divine Dragon from Bladegash for the awesome Sig!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah~ Just work your way back up there. Good luck to you.

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

You will stop coloring your posts black, so people can actually read them.

That is all.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yea. I stopped after I figured out other people couldn't. Sorry. x;

Senior Member LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Manekineko Kill Bill Katana 133 - Eevee
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2014 09:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yes, I love playing Pump It Up! xD Kiss Me is soooo hard when you play it at the very hardest mode. >.<
    Careful, I don't take you lightly.
    Sig set made by Daken

Closed Thread

Thread Information