AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Boxing series - Ring ni Kakero

Domo Army Victim Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2010 03:42 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Boxing series - Ring ni Kakero

Recently, I watched Hajime no Ippo, and loved it. It has got me wondering about other sports series, which led me to this series. Ring ni Kakero is a manga by the author of Saint Seiya (but since Ring came out first, I should say that Saint Seiya is done by the creator of Ring ni Kakero). I checked out the opening, and it was awesome, so I investigated further. My query is this: does anyone know where I can get an English version of this series (anime preferably, but manga just as good), licensed or fansubbed/scanlated? Also, anyone here ever seen it before to give a mild opinion?

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    Threads

I'm sure animesuki has it. There are two seasons. The anime does not live up to the manga. The manga is probably the most politically incorrect manga ever. Germans are Nazis, Italians are mobsters, and the Americans are a motley crue of a jive talking black man, a cross dresser, a death row inmate, the leader of the New york branch of the Hell's Angels, and a KKK Grand Wizard. But the KKK Grand Wizard is taken out of the anime and is just a pimp character. And the Germans are not nazis in the anime.

They also changed some of the fights in the anime.
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Domo Army Victim Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah, I found the site for the group that fansubbed 11 of the episodes of the first series (Ring ni Kakero) but no real way to get it.

Politically incorrect, eh? Sounds interesting. Hopefully an American license will come out eventually, as I would be interested to read a manga that was more popular than Saint Seiya by the same author.

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ringu ni Kakero is way too obscure to licence in my opinion. Even if the manga did help Shounen Jump get popular in Japan back in the late 70s and early 80s.
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I suppose if something like Hajime no Ippo doesn't get licensed, then that's not surprising. Total let down for me.

Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

HnI is licenced by Geneon under the name Fighting Spirit

Closed Thread

Thread Information