AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: MUD Thread (Text-Based MMOs) Who plays?

Senior Member Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2007 02:31 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Atlantis, in the Depen Inn having a drink with Barbarossa
    Threads

Default MUD Thread (Text-Based MMOs) Who plays?

I've used to play a fantasy MUD which for those who don't know is everything is presented to you in text, color graphics, text art, cetera.

Dungeons, cities, everything is brought to you by descriptions and of course you engage with others by typing back and forth, though in most MUDs the general rule is you play in-character taking the text-world as it was a real world and you interact with living and non-living things as they truly were.

For many it would seem boring and very difficult as text could fly by and you have to type out commands to observe your inventory, map or terrain but once you get used to it its really interesting.

http://www.imperian.com/

That would be it. So does anyone play MUDs? Because I am thinking about getting back into this particular one I was apart of and the community, a professional MMO which is free by the way is very helpful to new people and has about 150-300 people, I'd say over a hundred are on regularly.

If anyone wants to check it out I'll come on with you and if you try it out and think you want to really play it I'll tag on with you.

We could start a Animeforums Family in their, theres a family/clan system in the MUD that you can adopt people into, have a father/mother, brothers & sisters but thats the MUD, so it would take a long time to achieve anyhow...
    Last edited by Niome!; 06-20-2007 at 09:28 PM.
    "Gotta take the good with the bad, smile to the sad, love what you got and remember what you had." - Project Pat

of course it's epic Darc Satos has a reputation beyond repute Darc Satos has a reputation beyond repute Darc Satos has a reputation beyond repute Darc Satos has a reputation beyond repute Darc Satos has a reputation beyond repute Darc Satos has a reputation beyond repute Darc Satos has a reputation beyond repute Darc Satos has a reputation beyond repute Darc Satos has a reputation beyond repute Darc Satos has a reputation beyond repute Darc Satos has a reputation beyond repute Darc Satos's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2008 08:13 PM
    Threads

yes, i play muds also, for some reason once you play them you just get addicted and dont want to stop, lol. and i would be happy to tag along w/ you

Senior Member Knightmare has a reputation beyond repute Knightmare has a reputation beyond repute Knightmare has a reputation beyond repute Knightmare has a reputation beyond repute Knightmare has a reputation beyond repute Knightmare has a reputation beyond repute Knightmare has a reputation beyond repute Knightmare has a reputation beyond repute Knightmare has a reputation beyond repute Knightmare has a reputation beyond repute Knightmare has a reputation beyond repute Knightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-05-2012 06:19 PM
    Threads

Sounds spiffy I think I'll try it out couldnt hurt. (I hope)
    In seeking wisdom thou art wise; in imagining that thou hast attained it - thou art a fool. - Lord Chesterfield

This is my AWESOME face! Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 06:54 PM
    Threads

I used to be into MU*s, but stopped for some reason. Not sure why. I'm thinking about getting back into them, but I haven't made an attempt to in case I loose interest again.
    The Tao of Rayne - Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience...if that fails, try something in the dairy variety.

Closed Thread

Thread Information