AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rudeness and other behavior issues

Mini_Twilight's Slave Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2008 09:01 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Rudeness and other behavior issues

Since it is summer again, and more people are active on the sites the amount of rudeness once again has risen. It isn't going to be tollerated much here anymore. This forum is not here for you to try to show off yor stupidity skills by bashing people who do not know things. Everyday there will be more and more users signing up that never have been on a message board before. We do not need the help squad from here welcoming them aboard in your own elite way. If you dont have anything nice to type, then go to another forum or site.

You can try to be cool and say all your normal stuff, trying to belittle those around you and the new people joining the sites. But that coolness is going to start costing you in bad reps, and point warnings. And for those who dont care, enjoy the nice vacation you get from AF when you reach 5 points.

You do not look cool and your not helping this site out in any way.

And speaking of help, all the mini mods in here who attempt to act like mods, you are no help either. Your just making yourself look bad, and technically your just spamming. Your actions in doing this does not get you a step closer to ever holding a position at this site. It actually makes it harder on you. Use the report a post feature, it is why it is provided for you.

Why don't fingers fing? Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2009 01:19 AM
    Threads

Just stepping in to add my input.

I can assure everyone who's taking the time to read this that all of the Misc. Mods stand firmly behind what Bean has said.

We don't want to spend a lot of time during our summer having to referee arguments and following members around because they can't behave in a mature problem.

Remember that, in our eyes, you are old enough to take care of your issues in a mature manner. That does not include flaming, swearing, or threats.

But have fun That's what the forum is for.

And when you get bored, remember that we do have a chat room, an arcade, galleries, a wiki and lyrics to entertain you (and isn't that so much better than spamming?)

Enjoy!

Klutz

Stick Master unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2010 02:51 PM
    Threads

So my pictures are not funny? lol ok well answer me this, everybody has a right to their opinion, and the people that have been here longer feel a sense of duty to point out obvious things, like repetitive threads, and spamming. OBVIOUSLY the post I posted about the added Paris Hilton thread would be a good example of what you are referring to as too rude,(but come on 4 friggin threads, people NEED to use a search function, it aggravates us peoples to have to answer the same questions over and over...) but you can't expect people to ignore their personalities completely, some of us are just naturally sarcastic.
    So where is the line drawn? What is considered borderline acceptable. If you're going to give us limits, please give us a boundary line too.(just an example or something, so my wittle head understands)

Loves and kisses
    ~T
    Last edited by unspun; 06-13-2007 at 12:29 PM.

Get crazy with the cheezwiz

[I like cookies & beer]

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by unspun View Post
    So my pictures are not funny? lol ok well answer me this, everybody has a right to their opinion, and the people that have been here longer feel a sense of duty to point out obvious things, like repetitive threads, and spamming.
    I've been around here quite long, and I've learned to use the report thread button, alternatively smite spammers' rep to fiery oblivion.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Stick Master unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    I've been around here quite long, and I've learned to use the report thread button, alternatively smite spammers' rep to fiery oblivion.
    I have reported posts a number of times as well, but I don't have quite the "rep bomb" that you have yet, so I can't really do that too much, but I wasn't really speaking for me, as much as it's a general question.

[I like cookies & beer]

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I added a part of Bean Bandit's post to my audaciously extensive posting guide in my journal.

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

but you can't expect people to ignore their personalities completely, some of us are just naturally sarcastic.
    I think most of the sarcastic or more cynical members are smart enough to know where to draw the line, or at least they should be. I get in bad moods sometimes where I just want to flame people, but I manage to bite my lip and get my point across in a more...appropriate manner, but I do mess up sometimes.

Also, I've noticed theres a certain phase some users go through where they've been a member for a few months, and once their not a 'noob' anymore they start to point out every little spam post or stupid thread topic that comes up, or they start parroting what other veteran members do, and its really annoying.

Anyway, I've made note of what you said Mr. Bandit, I'll make sure to watch what I say more often.
    A MaruDashi Creation

Mini_Twilight's Slave Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

To be very blunt. The line will be drawn on our (Klutz, MsAeris, Beans) opinion of how we see it. It is all common sense after all. Being rude and obnoxios is just not going to be tollerated. So it will be on a reply by reply basis as we Misc mods see fit. If the users here think we are being to harsh, you will just have to get over it, or post elsewhere on the site.

Anyone that has been here any length of tme knows the Misc. mods do not go on power trips. We do not swear on the site, nor do we spam topics. We follow the exact same rules that apply to you. If you can't do it, then we can't. So any comments like were on power trips and etc are just totally false.

@eris - I am touched and honored to be in your guide.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bean Bandit View Post
    @eris - I am touched and honored to be in your guide.
    If you, or anyone else feels it lacks something, feel free to point it out.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

lol I wonder if I am one of the such...sarcastic and rude people. Certainly not in misc I don't think, perhaps in poetry (come on! you can't post "it was gret i realy luves it!" as a reply. It makes me wonder if we read the same thing).

So, can you tell me if I am in danger of having my rep killed by such a "rep bomb"? Or should that kind of thing really be done in private?

Also, I think a "Thread of Shame" similar to what is in Fanfic would be a good idea. At least, I think it is worth considering. It could be a way to broadcast that "Hey, this user habitually is without brain cells, so if you see them flaming, then don't flame back! Just report them." The list would probably be much bigger here, so I dunno how effective it would be to be one of 50 users on it, as opposed to one of 5 users.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post
    lol I wonder if I am one of the such...sarcastic and rude people. Certainly not in misc I don't think, perhaps in poetry (come on! you can't post "it was gret i realy luves it!" as a reply. It makes me wonder if we read the same thing).

So, can you tell me if I am in danger of having my rep killed by such a "rep bomb"? Or should that kind of thing really be done in private?

Also, I think a "Thread of Shame" similar to what is in Fanfic would be a good idea. At least, I think it is worth considering. It could be a way to broadcast that "Hey, this user habitually is without brain cells, so if you see them flaming, then don't flame back! Just report them." The list would probably be much bigger here, so I dunno how effective it would be to be one of 50 users on it, as opposed to one of 5 users.
    I think (IMO) a thread of shame for idiots would only turn into an ultra flame thread.

[I like cookies & beer]

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think (IMO) a thread of shame for idiots would only turn into an ultra flame thread.
    Naturally it would be closed so that the only people posting in it would be moderators. I like the idea. It's delightfully medieval.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Well, it's not as though it would be unlocked for other users to post in it. I don't think that would work at all.

EDIT: Damn you Eris, sneaking in your post before mine! *pulls glove off and initiates medieval duel*
    Last edited by Capernicus; 06-14-2007 at 02:30 PM.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Naturally it would be closed so that the only people posting in it would be moderators. I like the idea. It's delightfully medieval.
    Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post
    Well, it's not as though it would be unlocked for other users to post in it. I don't think that would work at all.

o0o0o in that case I concur as well (not that my opinion matters LOL just saying)....

[I like cookies & beer]

Youthful member GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2007 09:50 PM
    Threads

I am glad to finally hear this, especially from a mod.

I'm sick of having to deal with people like that. It's like the troll population has suddenly exploded.

Is it that cool to be rude and irritating? I never understood that.

The Original Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Moon Crystal Locket Witch Hat Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2021 10:51 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I honestly wish people would use the REPORT A POST feature too. It would be nice. And make things for me at lot easier. But yes, I am behind the Misc Mods too.

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2019 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I can say I have reported threads before and I've been trying my best to tell (via PM) people to read the rules. (Though this mostly occurs for the RPG section, some people just don't take the time to read the rules and I report their thread and PM them about it. I also offer to help them manage their RP ideas and so on)

So I say 'adhere one and all, for the mighty Bandit and the Crew are drawing the holy sword of Animeforum, and arming those with common sense with the shields of Anime-righteousness'.

I'll certainly be looking out more then usual.

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

//15 Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2009 05:50 PM
    Threads

With a Hall of Shame thread, who NEEDS chat, arcade games, or wiki/lyrics? That is entertainment and amusement enough for me.

I appreciate this thread. It's the only one I've actually read for a week or so.

Some day, you'll dine on a solid snake.

the barbie girl. ♥ Queen Dopplepopolis! has a reputation beyond repute Queen Dopplepopolis! has a reputation beyond repute Queen Dopplepopolis! has a reputation beyond repute Queen Dopplepopolis! has a reputation beyond repute Queen Dopplepopolis! has a reputation beyond repute Queen Dopplepopolis! has a reputation beyond repute Queen Dopplepopolis! has a reputation beyond repute Queen Dopplepopolis! has a reputation beyond repute Queen Dopplepopolis! has a reputation beyond repute Queen Dopplepopolis! has a reputation beyond repute Queen Dopplepopolis! has a reputation beyond repute Queen Dopplepopolis!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2007 05:58 PM
    Threads

yeah, I'm new to forums, but not new to here at all, yet I'm not going around bashing people. =/
    It's called respect, and I honestly think people need to learn it.
    Or take anger management, lulz.

I think that's retarded, srsly.

Thank you, moddies. =]
    심혼의 개기식.
    and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars a.p.a.r.t.:

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Idiots come to a forum and spread their idiocy thus creating more idiots, so it continues.
    I hate how newbies make one simple mistake and everyone - including mods, neg reps them without giving a chance.
    It's stupid. Every newbie I see has a negative reputation around here.

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

well i am happy bean has made this thread, because i have noticed a lot of cliques going on in this site lately from miscommunications
    if you don't like something a person has said and it effects you personally, simply pm the person and tell them
    if they do not understand then simply ignore them
    but if they continue to harass you from that pm or form something else just tell an admin or mod
    I HATE IT when a member has a dispute with another member, and tries to get other members on site involved
    when it shouldn't be those other members' problems to deal with

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

Team Aki! -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2013 12:09 AM
    Threads

I honestly wish people would use the REPORT A POST feature too. It would be nice.

Amen that, even though i don't use REPORT A POST but it does get annoying when i see people just flame at the people to gain post count such like:
    "Hey you're posting in the wrong section"

or

"i have no clue what you're talking about."

or

"This is a stupid thread"

Since i have the opportunity to bad rep people, i confess that i do bad rep those that gain post counts that way.

I'm glad that this thread is pointing out things that we all need to improve on, i mean...look at the new threads, most threads are opened to be close, that's why i don't start threads anymore.

Every newbie I see has a negative reputation around here.
    No, i don't think every newbies here are getting bad reputations here, some newbies comes here for fun and they DID deserve some positive reps, because of their maturity and their good manners.

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

quick question if someone has posted in the wrong section, should I report the post or pm a mod?.. or do nothing?

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Is Grimbo Scythe Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2010 05:06 PM
    Threads

well i actually enjoyed my af vacation, it wasnt brought about by me though but the fact that me and a friend were sharing an ip
    but i think people getting booted from here for a few days would actually be healthy for some of the lurkers here
    THUG LIFE
    _(\_/)
    _(XX)
    (>_)>stupid bunny
    avatar by the uber talented Nespa

grim:

Unrelenting; rigid.Uninviting or unnerving in aspect; forbidding sinister.

Semper Fidelis

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You should report the post, rather than looking for a mod. A mod might not be on a instant mesenger, but might be on the internet and get the report in their email. There are 3 misc mods. The first one who sees the issue will take care of it.

Misc is not a place to slam the new people signing up. If you really need that type of thrill in your life by writing bad reps or insulting pre-teen and young teenagers to make you feel good about your own pitiful life, then you need help and should just leave out sites. It is sad to see a 20 some year old bully picking on a 12 year olds first few posts

Closed Thread

Thread Information