AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Dreams and dreaming...

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 05:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Dreams and dreaming...

First of all...what are dreams?
    A dream is the experience of a sequence of images, sounds, ideas, emotions, or other sensations during sleep...The events of dreams are often impossible or unlikely to occur in physical reality...
    Second...why are we able to actually feel that what we're dreaming?
    For example,breaking the leg in dream can often cause that pain for real...Falling in the pit,feeling that you're falling...it is real?
    I had a dream that wolf's are tearing me apart-first I felt their fangs in my neck,then in legs...well,once I woke up,my whole body was in pain...
    So,what are dreams for real,and why are they make us feel them?

From the side of pshychology(I was just studying it,that's why I decided to post this),Eugen Tarnow suggests that dreams are ever-present excitations of long-term memory, even during waking life. The strangeness of dreams is due to the format of long-term memory, reminiscent of Penfield & Rasmussen’s findings that electrical excitations of the cortex give rise to experiences similar to dreams. During waking life an executive function interprets long term memory consistent with reality checking...

Why are we concerned about our dreams?
    Dreams have a long history both as a subject of conjecture and as a source of inspiration. Throughout their history, people have sought meaning in dreams. They have been described physiologically as a response to neural processes during sleep, psychologically as reflections of the subconscious, and spiritually as messages from God or predictions of the future...

Emotion in dreams...
    Fear and anxiety are the most commonly expressed emotions in dreams. Anger ranks next. Fear, anger, and sadness occur twice as often as pleasant emotions. It is important to note that the feelings we experience in dreams are not symbols of something else but are reflections of our real feelings. Such feelings may not have been repressed during the day and as a result are coming out in your dreams...

Well,I was studying so I decided to post this...
    Yes,I know that this may have been very pointless thread...
    Still,what is your opinion on all of this,and what do you think dreams are...?
    ...a gift from Balance...the legend itself...

~ click the button,I dare you ~

The lonely wolf Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-09-2020 02:43 PM
    Threads

I find this very interesting I think it's strange a dream is a illusion. but we feel pain trough the mind. So I guess the answer is in the mind. If you get to know more let me know =p .

AF's Paranormalist Twig Ee has a reputation beyond repute Twig Ee has a reputation beyond repute Twig Ee has a reputation beyond repute Twig Ee has a reputation beyond repute Twig Ee has a reputation beyond repute Twig Ee has a reputation beyond repute Twig Ee has a reputation beyond repute Twig Ee has a reputation beyond repute Twig Ee has a reputation beyond repute Twig Ee has a reputation beyond repute Twig Ee has a reputation beyond repute Twig Ee's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2009 02:54 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Paranormalist

Kinda like in the Matrix.

I had a dream I fell out of a plane and I remember the flying through the air sensation. I have many nightmares with clowns and ghosts.

Af's Paranormalist. Got a Question about the paranormal? PM i'll help.

Patapon Warrior zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2009 11:27 PM
    Threads

Its like.. At least experiencing [ is the right word?] with just using your mind to those unreal things that won't probably in real life.[ Once i had a dream that i was a friend of Cloud, and its so cool. >_<] But if its for those prediction stuff, sometimes i just try to ignore it.
    If dreams are real, then.. It would be pretty exciting for me. Or scary at times like, what if you have a bad dream or nightmare, wouldn't that be terrifying?
    But oh well.. Dreams are cool.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think dreams have a purpose, to prepare you for scenarios you may encounter. It's sort of a simulator, where you can try out different solutions. Say you're caveman, and you're having a nightmare a Grue is about to eat you, you can try to attack it -- and get killed. Then you wake up. Then, when you go to sleep again, you will have the same dream, and run away... and survive (in your dream); that way you've developed a solution for Grue encounters.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Goddess of Virtue jechocochan has a reputation beyond repute jechocochan has a reputation beyond repute jechocochan has a reputation beyond repute jechocochan has a reputation beyond repute jechocochan has a reputation beyond repute jechocochan has a reputation beyond repute jechocochan has a reputation beyond repute jechocochan has a reputation beyond repute jechocochan has a reputation beyond repute jechocochan has a reputation beyond repute jechocochan has a reputation beyond repute jechocochan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2008 10:48 AM
    Australia (Donations of water are being accepted)
    Threads

Dreams are interesting aren't they.... I think ther are your subconcious telling you things. Second place goes to neurological things. Sensation in dreams is odd. I dreamed I got hit by a tidal wave. I could feel the water. Although when I dream it is very rare for any emotion to get attached.

It is weird when you dream something and then experience a feeling of deja vu when something like it happens....
    jechocochan

Made for me by Konata Izumi! Isn't it cute?

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jechocochan;1718030I
    t is weird when you dream something and then experience a feeling of deja vu when something like it happens....
    Though, deja vu is irrelevant to dreams. It's just a short-circuit in the brain.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member riyo himura has a reputation beyond repute riyo himura has a reputation beyond repute riyo himura has a reputation beyond repute riyo himura has a reputation beyond repute riyo himura has a reputation beyond repute riyo himura has a reputation beyond repute riyo himura has a reputation beyond repute riyo himura has a reputation beyond repute riyo himura has a reputation beyond repute riyo himura has a reputation beyond repute riyo himura has a reputation beyond repute riyo himura's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2008 10:55 PM
    Threads

sometimes when i think too much of certain things during the day, i might dream of it at night. i dunno any scientific explanation and i think this topic is interesting. do tell more when u find out anything new.

Stick Master unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2010 02:51 PM
    Threads

personally I think the significance of dreams depends on the dream, and the situation beforehand. If you think of something all day and then dream about it, that's just the stimulation you've given your brain throughout the day. If you dream about something dangerous, over and over, and it has no relevance to anything in your daily life, (for instance, being chased by someone with an ax while at an amusement park) then maybe there could be something in your brain trying to warn you. Steer clear of amusement parks.

If you dream odd dreams, like you're naked in front of your parents, then those are subconcious fears and thoughts, (not necessarily that you don't want to be naked in front of your parents, I dunno what the subconcious meaning is, I'm not a dream doc). They say that if you dream about normal every day life then it's a sign of mania, and that dreaming of unicorns and fantasy things (not necessarily mythological fantasy, but stuff that definitely won't come true) then you're perfectly sane. I see the dead in my dreams. I've had quite a few people close to me die, but only one comes to me in my dreams. I'm not sure if he's really there, or if my mind is using him as a grievance tool.

Another issue I can't explain, is realistic dreams. The ones where you can taste the food you're eating, feel the pain if something hurts you, nothing goes in slow motion, and basically you really feel as if you're there. I have those dreams quite a bit, and it sometimes makes me think I live in some alternate universe ^.^

Get crazy with the cheezwiz

[I like cookies & beer]

~*Wolf Goddess*~ Serenith Youkai has a reputation beyond repute Serenith Youkai has a reputation beyond repute Serenith Youkai has a reputation beyond repute Serenith Youkai has a reputation beyond repute Serenith Youkai has a reputation beyond repute Serenith Youkai has a reputation beyond repute Serenith Youkai has a reputation beyond repute Serenith Youkai has a reputation beyond repute Serenith Youkai has a reputation beyond repute Serenith Youkai has a reputation beyond repute Serenith Youkai has a reputation beyond repute Serenith Youkai's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2013 12:55 AM
    Threads

For me I think dreams are either based on the things you've thought about all day-such as unspun pointed out, or the things you've wanted or didn't want to happen. Like you could want a computer and only think about that once all day, but then you have a dream your mother got you one. Then again you may not even have to think about it, it could be just a subconcious desire and then you dream about having-or getting it.

As for the dreams that scare you though, I suppose those are only the fears you wish never to happen. Thinking about them sometime in your day may cause then, but as to why you'd dream about them without thinking about 'em I wouldn't really say, could be subconcious too.

Realistic Dream? Like tasting the food for instance, since more than likely we have already tasted it our mind remembers the reaction we got out of it. How to explain it...like tasting something spicy in real life, our memory coulf remember the way you could have gotten pleasure out of the taste, but how it also made you cringe because of the actual spicyness. Now in dream mode you're eating the same thing, but this time you're not actually tasting it, only getting your own reation that you would in real life. But since dreams aren't real, and you don't always realize your dreaming, you actually think you can taste it. Maybe I'm being to confusing, have you ever thought of a food in real life, that you have eaten, and could almost (if not) taste it? Well that is what I beleive to be the cause of "tasting" things in dreams. How that wasn't to confusing... &#172;_&#172;

As for being hurt in a dream, then waking up to feel it in reality, that might be your own mind making it hurt. Uhm that wasn't a very good explination...Like watching someone get punched in reality, ever get the feeling you just got punched? Me, for instance, I'm a gymnast and whenever I see another gymnast, fall on their head, land on their stomach on accident, or one of the worse things ever-split the beam (shiver), I fel as though it's happened to me. I'll cringe whenever I see it since I know how pain, in general feels, and since sometimes it had happened to me. Now it may just be me, but maybe that's like what's happening in a dream when you get hurt. You feel the pain so much, that you think it's real, and in turn your mind makes you feel the pain. So when you wake up feeling like you broke your arm, it may just be since you thought it was so real so true it had to be, so you felt it.

Okay, okay I'm done hope that wasn't as confusing as it sounds...I might just be crazy anyways lol. =^_^=
    My Cosplay Page
    ^Click ^

Senior Member ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Venus Star Wand Top Manekineko American Flag Ribbon
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2012 10:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'll reply shortly, for now. There is a book that tells you what your dream means. I did have a book like that, but it's somewhere else. Like if you dream of a snake, or anything like that, it tells you what will happen. Dreams is also like a clue to your future sometimes.

---Sorry I am currently inactive; very busy with this new Filipino school x.x they are seriously trying to kill me--
    Karami the Neko Red Bean Dango ~
    Want to join Karami's Big Dango Family?

Senior Member keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2007 04:59 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: dont have one yet

i had a dream where i was being attacked buy this dark figure with a giant knife in my backyard. i had super jumping powers (that was the cool part) but he ended up cornering me a sliced my leg off. i felt not exactly pain but i felt something like my cells had been ripped apart.

i had another dream where i was ichigo from bleach (really weird!) then i turned into one of those zoras from the legend of zelda. the thing is just that day i had been playing twilight princess and reading bleach! i also met the old man from Blade (the vampire movie) id just watched it on tv!

my final dream is more pleasent where i fought a giant robot on a broom and i actually felt myself flying.

in conclusion i have weird dreams
    Your mothers so fat even naruto doesnt beleive it!
    keokosart

Senior Member Future_Defense has a reputation beyond repute Future_Defense has a reputation beyond repute Future_Defense has a reputation beyond repute Future_Defense has a reputation beyond repute Future_Defense has a reputation beyond repute Future_Defense has a reputation beyond repute Future_Defense has a reputation beyond repute Future_Defense has a reputation beyond repute Future_Defense has a reputation beyond repute Future_Defense has a reputation beyond repute Future_Defense has a reputation beyond repute Future_Defense's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-20-2008 05:56 AM
    Threads

In general I have a hard time remembering the majority of my dreams. However, about realistic dreams: This is just a mind over matter thing. If your brain thinks it's happening, you will feel a sensation similar to the real thing. However, I have never felt outright pain, just a sort of odd (I can't really describe it) feeling like somethings wrong.
    Nøytral
    følelsesløs
    Min logikk kretser
    Blir skadet
    Ved en landeplage av følelser!
    Hva kan jeg gjøre?
    Alt jeg trodde jeg var ...
    Jeg er blitt mer.
    Mer menneske; et annet cog i maskinen av livet.
    Hvorfor kan jeg nyte dette?
    Jeg er så forvirret ...

Youthful member GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2007 09:50 PM
    Threads

Dreams can be a wonderful escape from reality... unless it's a nightmare xD

Today I dreamt I was chased by cops o_o;;;. Pretty cool, kinda adventurous... I've gotta stop sleeping so much -.-;

As long as you're studying this, look up "lucid dreaming" (controlling the outcome of your own dreams). I've done it before and it's pretty cool ;]
    or watch The Science of Sleep.

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

I love dreams. Especially lucid dreams where I'm having a awesome dream and I realise "Hey! I'm dreaming!" and I just start doing all kinds of cool, great things.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Lucid dreaming sucks. I always have these dreams where I get something I've always wanted and then I realize that I'm dreaming and it destroys the happiness. Then I'm all disappointed that it never really happened.

Member izzy14backstabber has a spectacular aura about izzy14backstabber has a spectacular aura about izzy14backstabber's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-15-2007 01:12 AM
    somewhere where all the backstabbers live
    Threads

i always dream about vampires.. it's a nightmare.. i don't know why??

Member yamikokogunneko08 is a splendid one to behold yamikokogunneko08 is a splendid one to behold yamikokogunneko08 is a splendid one to behold yamikokogunneko08 is a splendid one to behold yamikokogunneko08 is a splendid one to behold yamikokogunneko08 is a splendid one to behold yamikokogunneko08 is a splendid one to behold yamikokogunneko08's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-14-2007 10:49 AM
    Threads

dreams are apart of our subconcious...like evrybody else says they usually contain things that we subconciously desire and for nightmares what we fear and the whole thing about actually feel what happens in the dream it has to do witht he brain...if you truely think you are in danger or are being hurt and you dont realized you are dreaming then your brain thinks it is real pain and sends signals to where every you are getting hurt in your dream but if you wake up before anything too bad happens the pain will eventually go away...my psychology class had a big discussion about this topic as well and the teacher got so fed up with us asking a lot of questions about it he printed out the rest of the notes for us and moved to the next chapter just to get us to leave him alone

i can say that i have very realistic dreams, not in the sense that its everyday things, but all kinds of things happen and it feels so real...ive even had dreams that seem like memories but the strange thing is i, my self, didnt know any of the people in the dream but the me in the dream seemed to be connected to them like i had known them forever...but hey, i have all kinds of weird dreams that at first kept thinking all i would dream were nightmares, then i had actual nighmares and they were way worse

Senior Member keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2007 04:59 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: dont have one yet

Quote Originally Posted by Masali View Post
    I love dreams. Especially lucid dreams where I'm having a awesome dream and I realise "Hey! I'm dreaming!" and I just start doing all kinds of cool, great things.
    lucky! when i find out im dreaming i wake up! well not really i usually take control of the story but can never change the setting characters or the situation im in its ususally a frightening one so i attemp to save myself and set things right then suddenly wake up. i rarly have dreams but i guess thats because i go to bed at like 11 or 12. i studied an entire thing on why we have dreams in my science class but i cant explain it all and i forgot some details.
    Your mothers so fat even naruto doesnt beleive it!
    keokosart

Member dreamStar is a glorious beacon of light dreamStar is a glorious beacon of light dreamStar is a glorious beacon of light dreamStar is a glorious beacon of light dreamStar is a glorious beacon of light dreamStar is a glorious beacon of light dreamStar's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2007 06:08 AM
    sumwhere in the universe, in a galaxy far far away... ok, not so much
    Threads

Dreams are just what your subconcious thinks up and decides to feed you while you're asleep. Your inner thoughts and emotions, the ones you feel, but don't really acknowledge or think about consciously.
    On the other hand, I have some pretty weird dreams which can't be explained by that theory so either it's wrong, or I'm really weird. (Probably the second one.) I don't really remember my dreams, but the ones that I do are all crystal clear. And dreams ARE NOT in black and white. I dunno why people keep saying that. I don't have dreams about falling, or running down long corridors. The ones I remember are usually a long sequence of events and end up being like a day in my life, or kinda like a short movie. It's weird, and at times freaky.
    Sometimes, I'm having an ordinary day, and then I get the whole déja vu thing. I get the feeling that I've been here before, but in my dreams. It may be a trick my mind pulls on me, but it sure is a believable one.
    Dream like you live forever, Live like you die today.

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Senior Member ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Venus Star Wand Top Manekineko American Flag Ribbon
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2012 10:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sometimes, my dreams are cartoons. Sometimes, it's so freaky.

---Sorry I am currently inactive; very busy with this new Filipino school x.x they are seriously trying to kill me--
    Karami the Neko Red Bean Dango ~
    Want to join Karami's Big Dango Family?

Member ~ShinigamiMaxwell~ has much to be proud of ~ShinigamiMaxwell~ has much to be proud of ~ShinigamiMaxwell~ has much to be proud of ~ShinigamiMaxwell~ has much to be proud of ~ShinigamiMaxwell~ has much to be proud of ~ShinigamiMaxwell~ has much to be proud of ~ShinigamiMaxwell~ has much to be proud of ~ShinigamiMaxwell~ has much to be proud of ~ShinigamiMaxwell~ has much to be proud of ~ShinigamiMaxwell~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2007 03:19 PM
    Threads

I seem to have really crazy dreams that I can't wake up from. And it's like sometimes the stuff that happens in the dream I have done or end up doing later. Like I had this crazy dream I was in the military and we were fighting some huge monster and everyone around me was dying or laying/crawling on the ground (I was crawling). Oddly enough, I got sick that day and I couldn't feel my legs or stand up very long. Lol, I'd say it's God's way of telling us things, but my grandma says God has nothing to do with dreams, the Devil does.

~.:*Mwah*:.~
    Lay back, kick it, and enjoy the ride.

[K_K]'z Death Plague akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2007 06:26 PM
    Threads

I think most of the time dreams are our brain's way of sorting out information, emotions, and reactions. To the extent that reality is what you make of it, they are real as they happen but only to the dreamer. If you want to get deep into philosophy, reality as we know it does not exist for your reality is different from mine. In that sense reality and dreams are not so different from each other aside from one happens in your subconscious while one happens more in your conscious brain. People can work out issues within dreams that they may not be able to in real life, however the opposite can be true. To me, dreams are usually just our brain's way of making sense of things in our lives while our conscious mind rests. I have had dreams that were more, but I don't really consider those dreams and I definitely did not wake from them feeling rested.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

My silence could mean you are not worth the argument.

"For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Rocker Witch Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2008 12:51 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by unspun View Post
    personally I think the significance of dreams depends on the dream, and the situation beforehand. If you think of something all day and then dream about it, that's just the stimulation you've given your brain throughout the day. If you dream about something dangerous, over and over, and it has no relevance to anything in your daily life, (for instance, being chased by someone with an ax while at an amusement park) then maybe there could be something in your brain trying to warn you. Steer clear of amusement parks.
    I agree, but sometimes dreams are not that clear so you can't know if the real danger is really the amusement park. It's also very curious when, after having a dream, we now how to pick the one that truly matters without thinking about if it's real or fantasy. lol I find this thread kind of funny because I tend to analyse my dreams and, believe or not, I'm never wrong with the kind of message my subconcius is trying to tell me.
    The Member Formerly Known as ~*Haru*~

[ This is my World, and you can't Join it ]
    ×Inhumane and Beautiful×

You're a 90's kid when...
    You know that, before SpongeBob, the Snorkels inhabited the bottom of the Sea.

[~Set done by Megami~]

Closed Thread

Thread Information