AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is it right to marry for money and not love?

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I believe that if you contribute to any relationship, love will grow on that foundation.
    So, if you married someone you didn't love, then you could end up loving them anyway.
    If you married someone that was rich for greedy purposes then you are being too greedy which I believe is immoral.

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

Yes. And it usually lasts longer.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Junior Member ~UB~ has much to be proud of ~UB~ has much to be proud of ~UB~ has much to be proud of ~UB~ has much to be proud of ~UB~ has much to be proud of ~UB~ has much to be proud of ~UB~ has much to be proud of ~UB~ has much to be proud of ~UB~ has much to be proud of ~UB~ has much to be proud of ~UB~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-03-2007 11:23 AM
    Threads

Err.. no.. its not alright. But I'll give more of an explination since crappy 1 sentence posts suck. Being with somebody because you love them instead of money is thousands of times better than taking the money route. If you chose money over the love of your life, you're no better than Anna Nicole [Smith?] or whoever that famous person is that just died. She married an 85 year old man for his money. Money sucks if you can't share it with a special someone
    [New Dragon Eggs! They die unless they have a majority of clicks before the dead line. *sniffle*]

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ~UB~ View Post
    Err.. no.. its not alright. But I'll give more of an explination since crappy 1 sentence posts suck. Being with somebody because you love them instead of money is thousands of times better than taking the money route. If you chose money over the love of your life, you're no better than Anna Nicole [Smith?] or whoever that famous person is that just died. She married an 85 year old man for his money. Money sucks if you can't share it with a special someone
    Marriage divorce rates are through the roof. Marry for love and you end up being divorced anyways. Marry for money and you at least get their stuff when the divorce comes. True love doesn't exist.

Senior Member ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Venus Star Wand Top Manekineko American Flag Ribbon
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2012 10:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Hitsugaya389 View Post
    marry for money is fine but u will be a gold digger
    marry for love is good becuz money won't always be with you
    Yes, so true. Many ppl say money, and many also say love. Those who want to marry for money,...well, i'll say it's curse, since...well, there's many things that could happen when you have many money. Plus that's a sin

---Sorry I am currently inactive; very busy with this new Filipino school x.x they are seriously trying to kill me--
    Karami the Neko Red Bean Dango ~
    Want to join Karami's Big Dango Family?

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie
    What if there were children you needed to support
    ALLWAYS for raising the kids; marry a rich guy, become a street prostitute, or even become a gun for hire and probably get sent to kill someone else's children so you can raise your own; because there is no possible alternative!
    Really, there is no good cause you can put in this; it's electable, it's conscious, it's revocable, and it's not the only way to reach an objective outise of love.
    Marriage is how you view it. For some, it's a way to make something out of life together, while for others, it's a Pact to fulfill their interests.
    Wether it's moral to do so or not, it doesn't matter, for it's their lives, but it can be less fair for one spouse than it is to the other.

Hell, i'll marry for vengeance!
    Last edited by DOOM!; 06-28-2007 at 05:43 PM.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

What?...........................................So unds weird................................
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Hecticmaniac View Post
    What?...........................................So unds weird................................
    My post or yours?

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.McDoom!: Reloaded View Post
    My post or yours?
    This thread. It just doesn't sound right.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

lalalalove. keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2011 10:51 AM
    Threads

um.. no that's not right! how can u marry someone u don't really love? u'd never know what real love is... besides, i'm fine as long as i have some money, i don't have to be rich.

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2019 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Opinions, Morals and so on...

Yeah, all I can say that in my opinion it isn't right. That's because I see the world differently then others as we all should.

As for morals though, what about common sense? O_o

You don't kill people just because you're bored, and to some it could go the same to marriage. You don't marry to gain. (At least that's what some think is morally correct.)

It's a back and forth battle, the only side that wins is the side we each choose for ourselves. ( And unless you think about it, it's not going to make sense. V.V;; )
    Last edited by Tetsanosuke; 06-28-2007 at 06:29 PM.

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

hold me accountable Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2009 03:49 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsanosuke View Post
    You don't kill people just because you're bored.
    So says you >:3

Quote Originally Posted by faceless111
    Marriage divorce rates are through the roof. Marry for love and you end up being divorced anyways. Marry for money and you at least get their stuff when the divorce comes. True love doesn't exist.
    A little pessimistic aren't we? Just because everyone else is getting divorced it doesn't mean you will, there's no use in love at all if you can't put your faith in it. Some that marry for love remain together untill the day they die, even if others move on.

(Give me a moment and I'll expand on this furthur, I lost my train of thought...)
    Last edited by Exquiro; 06-28-2007 at 06:26 PM.
    "Done because we are too meny."

The Rocker Witch Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Four Leaf Clover Watermelon
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2015 12:52 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wink Nanne Grönvall

In my opinion no.

[set by blueangel06661]

im in a great dream Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2010 11:24 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: *thinks* idk

if you do marry someone for their money, i think it's not the corect choice in my judgement i would only marry 4 love and love alone...but if they want to give me some money as a consellation prize 4 picking them as my husband then they can b my guest I'll take whatever comes to me lol
    LOVE YA: HEG <33 PON, KIBUM <3

"Oh oh oh oh Oppareul saranghae. Ah ah ah ah manhi manhihae." - Girls Generstion "Oh"

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'd like to restate my point that you grow to love people that you live with, that is if you contribute to the relationship.
    Infact, if you don't contribute to a relationship that much, which was full of love already, then the relationship might not work out, even if the people are still in love.

Also, I think that divorce rates are high because people don't contribute enough to the marriage. People are more worried about their careers, their children, and/or themself.

That's why I don't think using money as a factor for marrying someone rather than another isn't that horrible.
    Though I do think basing your entire decision on money is irresponsible and immoral.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by exquiro View Post
    A little pessimistic aren't we? Just because everyone else is getting divorced it doesn't mean you will, there's no use in love at all if you can't put your faith in it. Some that marry for love remain together untill the day they die, even if others move on.
    Pessimistic? No, I consider it realistic. I'm a realist and I deal in facts. About half of men's first marriages end in divorce. And something like 42-51% of women's first marriages end in divorce. The percentage of people divorcing is lowest when they reach 60 years of age and that's assuming they're married, but is also likely that they are re-married and earlier marriages ended in divorce. Most people, if they get married, get divorced. So, that's why I remain by my statement that if you're going to marry someone, marry a rich someone.

Junior Member Mermaid_Melody_Luchia is on a distinguished road Mermaid_Melody_Luchia's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2007 03:25 PM
    Threads

I would only marry if I like him and he has stuff in common with me and he is kind and not mean or snobby...
    ~*~Anime & Manga Lover Forever~*~

Isn't that cute?
    Don't you think they look pretty?
    Isn't she pretty?

Senior Member Usagi18 will become famous soon enough Usagi18 will become famous soon enough Usagi18's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2007 01:56 AM
    Threads

If you're a gold-digger, then, no. If you are anything else then yes...
    "Not only will I rise and grow from the pain, I will learn and over come it..."

Banned Forum / Chat ben01 is infamous around these parts ben01 is infamous around these parts ben01's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2007 10:02 PM
    Threads

money and love.. lolz

Senior Member Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here Click here's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2007 09:28 PM
    Threads

should i marry an alien for money so she can gain citizenship?

Member Kiran will become famous soon enough Kiran's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2007 10:22 PM
    Threads

what happens when the money runs out...?

-- but to see a rainbow, you gotta get through the rain.

Senior Member ShadowGoddess is a name known to all ShadowGoddess is a name known to all ShadowGoddess is a name known to all ShadowGoddess is a name known to all ShadowGoddess is a name known to all ShadowGoddess is a name known to all ShadowGoddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-09-2007 07:34 AM
    Threads

Honestly, I don't think it's right to marry someone you don't like, I rather marry someone dirt poor that I was in love with, then someone rich that I wasn't in love with. Talk about a heart throb really, a marriage like that would only end in pure heart break. =[ No, I wouldn't marry for money, mainly because money don't last forever and because, money can't give hugs and kisses. XD

PM me if you wanna join my family; or for a friend!
    |::- Sakura Itachi-Little Sister -::|

<3

Senior Member tears of sorrow has much to be proud of tears of sorrow has much to be proud of tears of sorrow has much to be proud of tears of sorrow has much to be proud of tears of sorrow has much to be proud of tears of sorrow has much to be proud of tears of sorrow has much to be proud of tears of sorrow has much to be proud of tears of sorrow's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2007 03:32 PM
    Threads

Lightbulb really?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGoddess View Post
    Honestly, I don't think it's right to marry someone you don't like, I rather marry someone dirt poor that I was in love with, then someone rich that I wasn't in love with. Talk about a heart throb really, a marriage like that would only end in pure heart break. =[ No, I wouldn't marry for money, mainly because money don't last forever and because, money can't give hugs and kisses. XD

sure money don't last forever. But neither dose love. Love is so easy to break and that will make you be in pain just as same as you marry someone you don't love. Nothing lasts forever.
    Sadness befalls in the heart
    Madness fills in the eyes
    Happiness dies in tears
    Love is nothing more then a mere thought

[Waltzing Catastrophe] Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 06:53 PM
    Threads

Eh...I don't think it's right to marry for money. But then again, if you're poor or even homeless, and a rich person found interests in you, I think it'd be for the best. Because then you'll be able to support your family with the incoming advantages of being married to a rich person. I'd say get a divorce afterwards if you don't come to like or favor your spouse. I highly recommend love though. It's better to have a lover in your bed than a freak who's bothering you. ;p

Senior Member ShadowGoddess is a name known to all ShadowGoddess is a name known to all ShadowGoddess is a name known to all ShadowGoddess is a name known to all ShadowGoddess is a name known to all ShadowGoddess is a name known to all ShadowGoddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-09-2007 07:34 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by tears of sorrow View Post
    sure money don't last forever. But neither dose love. Love is so easy to break and that will make you be in pain just as same as you marry someone you don't love. Nothing lasts forever.
    actually, sometimes love can last forever; it depends on the nature of the person or persons. =]
    Last edited by ShadowGoddess; 07-18-2007 at 07:47 AM.

PM me if you wanna join my family; or for a friend!
    |::- Sakura Itachi-Little Sister -::|

<3

Closed Thread

Thread Information