AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Do you think "War" is moralisticly: A bad idea or good idea?

boopaloop! UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2013 10:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Trying to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
    Threads

Rofl MP2000... :3

And there's nothing moralistic about waging war... It's just a Strategy Game...

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless111 View Post
    So you would also oppose military interaction if it were to prevent a genocide of some sort?
    Though two wrongs don't make a right. War to prevent a genocide is like murder to prevent murder. Or robbing a bank to raise money to fight crime.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2013 08:48 PM
    Threads

Wars can be for stupid reasons or for good reasons. But if I had to choose between if wars necessary or not, then yes. They are what prevent overcrowding. It's like a forest fire. People say there bad because they kill animals and plants of all sorts. However, after the fire, the ground is full of minerals, allowing life to regrow. Without that fire, all of the minerals could have been used up completely , and there wouldn't be life any plants there until the minerals came back. Without those plants, herbivores will starve and either die of or move on. Then, the carnivores would either die from starvation, kill each other of, or move on. Either way, the land will be barren for a while. Wars are the same way. They kill and let the next generation take over.
    Sig no longer in development...

Senior Member xX_Why do i love you_Xx has much to be proud of xX_Why do i love you_Xx has much to be proud of xX_Why do i love you_Xx has much to be proud of xX_Why do i love you_Xx has much to be proud of xX_Why do i love you_Xx has much to be proud of xX_Why do i love you_Xx has much to be proud of xX_Why do i love you_Xx has much to be proud of xX_Why do i love you_Xx has much to be proud of xX_Why do i love you_Xx's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2007 12:29 PM
    Threads

i think this war is unjust we are figthing over stupid oil if we use maybe diffrent resources instead of oil it could work and we wouldn't have lives and families ruined the death rate so far for the soilders is 3,500 thats in a few months if we keep this up the deathrate will rise. some of those soilders used to be students at my school i knew one. you know what f the oil f the industry. am sorry but thats what i think..
    i don't love you
    like i loved you
    yesterday
    i don't love you
    like i loved you
    yesterday...

hold me accountable Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2009 03:49 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post
    Wars can be for stupid reasons or for good reasons. But if I had to choose between if wars necessary or not, then yes. They are what prevent overcrowding. It's like a forest fire. People say there bad because they kill animals and plants of all sorts. However, after the fire, the ground is full of minerals, allowing life to regrow. Without that fire, all of the minerals could have been used up completely , and there wouldn't be life any plants there until the minerals came back. Without those plants, herbivores will starve and either die of or move on. Then, the carnivores would either die from starvation, kill each other of, or move on. Either way, the land will be barren for a while. Wars are the same way. They kill and let the next generation take over.
    'Cept if someone goes and drops a nuclear bomb on yer head. Then you're totally fu*ked along with the minerals, plants, herbivores, carnivores, plenty of generations to come and the cute little bunny rabbits
    "Done because we are too meny."

>:O I will blitz YOU! Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk has a reputation beyond repute Nighthawk's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-02-2012 04:31 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Though two wrongs don't make a right. War to prevent a genocide is like murder to prevent murder. Or robbing a bank to raise money to fight crime.

Not to forget wars seldomly were started to prevent a genocide. Wars have been mostly started either after a country later declaring war has been attacked and dragged into the conflict that way or when there were economical interests. And no, thats not meant as an insult to the US, thats why wars were led mostly in ancient Europe. Genocide was not prevented in former Yugoslavia until Kosovo conflict (theres a lawsuit against dutchie UN troops because they did not protect the civilians in Srebrenica, theres rumors some soldiers even commited crimes side by side with the Serbians, at least they witnessed war atrocities including the beheading or cutting throats of babies and kids, wish they wouldve had French foreign legion peeps there instead, those guys can fight) , nor in Africa (Ruanda, where the UN failed again, or Congo/Zaire).
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.

GaruPan

Her nickname at age 11. Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2010 05:44 PM
    Threads

Seriously, I don't have an actual "opinion" about it. Sorta...

Besides, all this talk about "Is war bad and should it be stopped?" bring up the statement: "If you say that history should have never had war, look on the foundation you're standing on." *no offense to those that don't live in the US*

War is, in a way, what built history. I sometimes believe it is quite uneeded in the world, but no one gives a care of what you think about this.

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by xX_Why do i love you_Xx View Post
    i think this war is unjust we are figthing over stupid oil if we use maybe diffrent resources instead of oil it could work and we wouldn't have lives and families ruined the death rate so far for the soilders is 3,500 thats in a few months if we keep this up the deathrate will rise. some of those soilders used to be students at my school i knew one. you know what f the oil f the industry. am sorry but thats what i think..
    I don't know if I want to form a proper reply or run you down with my car after securing chains to my tires. Well, I'd rather do both, so for now a reply:

OH WAIT. I already mentioned a reason (which I believe is the reason) why this war is being fought over oil. And you boldly claim to "f the oil industry" well you are a mere hypocrite. I say that because you are using oil all the time. You may heat your water and house with it. You certainly have to use it to drive around with. So tell you what, if you really feel that strongly, simply boycott the oil industry. Refuse to get in ANY automobile indefinitely. Walk or bike to every destination you have to go to, hey it's healthy after all. If you find out your house is heated via oil, refuse to accept that heat or hot water. Wear sweaters all the time and learn to love cold showers.

But, I know you won't. You flap your gums and talk like you have a spark, but won't take action - because like I said, you're a hypocrite. You will condemn the very thing that makes your life convenient - as you are using it no less.
    Last edited by Sagat; 06-11-2007 at 06:38 PM.

FrownieBrownie [Feiry] smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010's Avatar
    Gil
    Roflol
    Gifts Melon Pan Witch Hat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2021 11:43 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: supersmile1010

Default Oh me oh my.

War i say, is needed.
    Countries/Governments are selfish. They will have no trouble with a few lives being taken.
    The government also has no problems with taking away from other countries too.
    People are selfish.
    Fighting for land, money, oil?
    Ever since the beginning of time, the highest leaders were always the one benefiting very highly off of wars.
    And thats all our government wants too, is money.
    This war with Iraq is pointless.
    Lives get changed, and some are lost.
    The government wont do anything but give a few hundred dollars here and there, maybe a thousand or two, but the government will never be able to give soilders there normal lives back.

So, I think war is needed..without war there wouldn't be peace.
    but the expensive that people pay isn't worth it.
    Once again, amazing props to the talented Paprika!!

This smile kills....

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Not really. I don't consider the death penality murder, so I don't consider military action to be in the wrong. It's killing killers, true, but there's nothing wrong with killing unless it's done for stupid reasons. Preventing genocide isn't a stupid reason, therefore it's justified.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

Present day war is cowardly, you have a bunch of morons and their puppeteers behind buttons and triggers. If you're going to fight for your country pick up a sword and shield and fight for it.

It's so easy now to wage war, no one ever fully thinks it through.

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Is Grimbo Scythe Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2010 05:06 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    I see someone has never tired to run through the desert with a 55-gallon barrel strapped to their back.
    55 gals would be ridiculously heavy

anyways I'm going to attempt to ignore many of the comments on here because i don't feel like personally addressing each
    ill just say my 2 cents on war pretty much disregarding the whole morality spin on the question because you cant bring morality into killing, you might as well try to discuss religion with anyone on the xbox live

war is pretty good
    and I don't mean anything like the Vietnam war because that didn't bring anything good, because we went into it thinking were so bad
    no the wars throughout history when a country put everything into it, when technological improvements boomed overnight, where education and fitness were valued
    and yes many were "screwed" in the military sense but there was much more good going on, it is the most basic form of "stirring the pot" without society stagnates
    THUG LIFE
    _(\_/)
    _(XX)
    (>_)>stupid bunny
    avatar by the uber talented Nespa

grim:

Unrelenting; rigid.Uninviting or unnerving in aspect; forbidding sinister.

Semper Fidelis

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mini_Twilight View Post
    Present day war is cowardly, you have a bunch of morons and their puppeteers behind buttons and triggers. If you're going to fight for your country pick up a sword and shield and fight for it.

I dare any country to choose swords and shields over M-16's and wage war. Let's see what wins, technology or stupidity.

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I don't mean swords and shields up against guns and bombs. I meant warfare with more traditional weapons, when war was a King and his army against another King and his army.
    Last edited by OminousCloud; 06-12-2007 at 01:47 AM.

Senior Member Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2009 04:09 PM
    Threads

well wars are only brough pain and suffer. most of peopole are try to erase the war from humanity. unfortunately i though it wont be possible as long as human are walk on a surface of the earth. as you know human are gifted with emotion such as greed, envy, love, hatred, etc.

Those emotion are very hard to control. very unstable and dangerous indeed. so the only way to earn the real peace is only to erace those emotion from humanity but as the side effect humman will lost its mind and become a doll (never do anything without command). we wont need a competition to earn our ambition.

if it goes like that im sure that humanity will destroyed for sure. as you know humanity created to be destroyed for all wich had an begining are have an end.
    We observe all.....Then when do we move?
    We cant just wait and see right?
    Well just let your imagination works since we are the Phantoms
    Zieg Phantoms!!!

Is Grimbo Scythe Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2010 05:06 PM
    Threads

I don't mean swords and shields up against guns and bombs. I meant warfare with more traditional weapons, when war was a King and his army against another King and his army.
    just leave it youve had too much 300
    THUG LIFE
    _(\_/)
    _(XX)
    (>_)>stupid bunny
    avatar by the uber talented Nespa

grim:

Unrelenting; rigid.Uninviting or unnerving in aspect; forbidding sinister.

Semper Fidelis

Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*shrugs* I prefer olden styles of fighting, it was more personal I guess.

Senior Member Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2009 04:09 PM
    Threads

sure you are right. they would prefer to kiling someone from distance then doing a duel. sometimes they even didnt care who are they kill for a weapon had no eyes and will always follows its master command. im sure when a war breaks out a singgel soldier are always causing more destruction not only to its enemy but also a civilian and even to his allied.

if i was forced to kill someone i would prefer to use a sniper rifle not because it was save but i could make sure that i didnt make a wrong decicion when i was aiming my target and i could give honor to my prey by knowing who is he
    We observe all.....Then when do we move?
    We cant just wait and see right?
    Well just let your imagination works since we are the Phantoms
    Zieg Phantoms!!!

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yes, and the feudal/shogun times where samurai would cut down anyone stupid enough to stand in front of them as they walked down the path without fear of legal reprisal was so much more honourable.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sounds a lot like a country's leader and his army and another country's leader and his army. And swords aren't traditional; they're weapons. They were the finest weapons available for the common soldier in feudal times. Technology allows for soldiers to do their job much easier.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless111 View Post
    Not really. I don't consider the death penality murder, so I don't consider military action to be in the wrong. It's killing killers, true, but there's nothing wrong with killing unless it's done for stupid reasons. Preventing genocide isn't a stupid reason, therefore it's justified.
    But what is justification? From the genoiciders' perspective, they are probably doing themselves or humanity a great benefit. So the genocide is as much justified as the war to stop it.

Justification is subjective. As is morality, good/evil, and all that.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Therefore like most things, whom is right or wrong comes down to whoever is stronger.

Senior Member Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2007 02:31 AM
    Atlantis, in the Depen Inn having a drink with Barbarossa
    Threads

People do think it through - why do we have military doctrines detailing how to proceed after we take point A, than B, what do we do when there are guerrillas in the mountains, or an tank column coming down the road, cetera.

You haven't though out your post mate, you need to take a serious look at the fighting in Iraq, World War 1, 2, Gulf War. War hasn't so much changed from whom fights it except the common soldier being involved in more insurgent and urban warfare.

The reason why we don't fight with swords and shields today is because... Englishmen toke the gunpowder from China and decided to make Muskets.

You know what happened? Muskets bullets could penetrate the thickest steel armor plating of Knights. Let's re roll that into cannons and even the most fortified and thickest castles couldn't withstand cannonballs smashing into them.

Now lets rewind this forward several hundred years now and you see why... were not fighting with swords and shields. No American plans to run towards insurgents with a claymore while he is blasting him with an AK-47.

What we need to do today is give soldiers that are fighting in Iraq, especially the ones with lost limbs do what the Roman's did. Give them acres of land in the United States or Middle East to live off of with their families. Surely they'll repay their loyalty by fighting for their lives like they did previously.

In the Cold War, the U.S and CCCP always came close to launching the nuclear holocaust but never did was because they risked total destruction of themselves. A sacrifice to great which is why Khrushchev implementing nuclear missiles on Cuban soil was a great idea. To fire at the CCCP if Cuba hit the East Coast couldn't be justified and the world would turn on the U.S.
    "Gotta take the good with the bad, smile to the sad, love what you got and remember what you had." - Project Pat

Moderator / Chat Admin Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2013 05:06 PM
    Threads

There is meaning in battle, and people will assign whatever meaning suits them best and blissfully ignore all other arguments. Need a reference? See every post before mine (and probably after). There's no right or wrong on the battle field, no good or bad. Just the ones who live and the ones who don't. "Moral value" is a secondary concern that people who usually weren't involved assign later after the results have been tallied - not at the beginning.

Having said that, everyone who used the current conflict in Iraq to make a point by refering to it as a War for Oil needs to:

1. Shut up.

2. Stop talking about things you don't know about.

3. Learn what you're talking about before speaking again.

And by the way, we do follow rules. We follow the hell out of them, even when it's not in our best interest or to our immediate benefit.

Anime Forum's First Generation

Quality Since 1999

Senior Member Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2007 02:31 AM
    Atlantis, in the Depen Inn having a drink with Barbarossa
    Threads

That's very interesting Cless, perhaps I can say the Geneva Convention follows your statement a hundred percent: Politicians that know only of the after effects of violence made restrictions to warfare so that every nation didn't go around flattening every city on the planet if they found hidden enemies in them, or visible ones.

I used the Moral argument since people have their respects and limitations to do things in warfare and I just don't mean governments or people who like at a map and tell where this group of soldiers/warriors are going.

When I watched the movie Downfall, (1945 Berlin, when the Soviets were invading), a Nazi General witnessed several SS hanging German citizens for trying to run away from being drafted into I forgotten they called militants in German. He was deeply shocked as another part was they were chasing this one man and shot him for trying to survive and escape, still being SS doing this and the General's adjutant (You'd say right-hand, one who drives your car if your a General but is in the General ranks as well) whipped up his MP40 in response. He simply walked back to his vehicle to proceed on.

If a soldier is ordered to behead a man because they convicted him of fighting against them in an earlier battle when they unsuccessfully besieged the town, the soldier doesn't want to because he thinks thats wrong whether its the truth or not. You cannot say that isn't Morality, what keeps you from being a monster just as everyone else.
    "Gotta take the good with the bad, smile to the sad, love what you got and remember what you had." - Project Pat

Closed Thread

Thread Information