AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Kare Kano

Junior Member kipstick356 is on a distinguished road kipstick356's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2007 02:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Wink Kare Kano

Does anyone else like kare kano?
    I love the manga!!
    I have seen only a few of the anime episodes though, I couldn't find many of the english dubbed ones online...
    But no one else I know likes it
    Has the manga actually finished yet, or is it still going on?

Senior Member Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-28-2008 01:35 AM
    Threads

i love kare kano!! hehe...the story's so cute...i havent read the manga though, i just saw the anime...but the anime's lacking so i think il read the manga...hehe...im not sure if the manga's finished though...sorry... ^^

i loved you once...
    dont expect me to love you again...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The anime didn't seem to have an end... but I still liked the ones I saw of it...
    Did you see it on tv, and if so, what channel?? maybe I can find the rest of the episodes....

Member Flapple has much to be proud of Flapple has much to be proud of Flapple has much to be proud of Flapple has much to be proud of Flapple has much to be proud of Flapple has much to be proud of Flapple has much to be proud of Flapple has much to be proud of Flapple has much to be proud of Flapple has much to be proud of Flapple's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2008 08:19 PM
    Threads

the anime was good but the ending suprisingly sucked... it was like talking for 30 minutes with no point. well i didnt understand but BEFORE the ending like in the middle of the anime was great!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yeah, I managed to find the end of the anime but the end was rubbish. it might have been because the anime finished before the actual manga had finished...

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    647 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2015 05:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Cant say Ive read the manga, but the anime was great...though I have to agree with Kip, the ending was horrible. Im thinking that theres going to be a season 2 once the manga was finished, because the anime ending didnt anser ANYTHING

Senior Member sakushi12 has a reputation beyond repute sakushi12 has a reputation beyond repute sakushi12 has a reputation beyond repute sakushi12 has a reputation beyond repute sakushi12 has a reputation beyond repute sakushi12 has a reputation beyond repute sakushi12 has a reputation beyond repute sakushi12 has a reputation beyond repute sakushi12 has a reputation beyond repute sakushi12 has a reputation beyond repute sakushi12 has a reputation beyond repute sakushi12's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2007 03:21 AM
    Threads

the anime is really great...but i haven't finish reading the manga its really cute!

http://www.bleach13squad.proboards66.com/index.cgi
    http://bsscphil.proboards57.com/inde...tion=bookmarks
    Yami no chikara o himeshi kagi yo
    Shin no sugata o ware no mae ni shimese
    Keiyaku no moto Sakura ga meijiru
    Release!
    Nanji no arubeki sugata ni modore!
    Clow Card!

Junior Member Saddletank is on a distinguished road Saddletank's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2007 04:03 PM
    Threads

I think KK might just be the finest romance anime ever made. It's certainly the finest romance manga ever written.

You need to bear in mind that there were a couple of serious issues during the making of the anime. First of all it appears that Anno Hideaki had a disagreement with Tsuda Masami over the amount of humour in the anime. She wanted it to be a more traditional romance anime more closely following her manga while GAINAX turned up the humour level a lot. After this disagreement Anno apparently left GAINAX and the team carried on without him.

If you look at the animation quality of the first 4 eps you'll see they are noticeably superior to what came later. There is more full animation in them. Later a lot more still work was done, live modified images used and images lifted straight from the manga too.

The first 4.eps though are just stunning. The mix of humour, gorgeous romance, smooth animation and the dark frightened side of Arima's character are all brilliantly done.

Secondly, later on GAINAX ran out of money.

That sucks. That was inexcusable since they'd done this before on Evangelion, there was no excuse to run over budget on a second anime series. So if you look at the later episodes of KK you'll see lengthy 'the story so far' sections, ep.13 is entirely recap and much of ep.14 is too. Two of the later eps in the low 20s actually have exactly the same recap section at the beginning that runs for 5 mins or so.

Another episode in the low 20s/high teens is a story about Yukinos two younger sisters that isn't in the manga at all and is really a waste of time and resources for GAINAX.

Cut out pictures on sticks against a background of real photos were used in ep.18 (I think) and generally the quality of work just tails off.

The anime ends at just the wrong moment, just as the culture festival of mid-September is about to start. This is at the beginning of vol.8 of the manga and we miss one of the strongest sequences in the manga which is the play "Steel Snow" Sawada Aya writes and that Yukino, Maho and Tsubasa act in. At the end of that play comes the end of Miyazawa Yukino's character arc according to the manga author and that would have been the best place to stop the anime.

It's not a very light moment however and for Arima it's quite a bleak point in their relationship.

But hey, ho, its done now and we won't see GAINAX carry on with it.

Where the manga and anime overlap I think the anime is far superior. It isn't just that the animated characters are fantastic or the fact that it's in colour, or the fact that the music is superb, its the fact that the dialogue and the scenes are almost all better, stronger, changed to make them more powerful, more effective.

The lovemaking scene between Soichiro and Yukino in the anime actually is less graphic and shows fewer images than it does in the manga, it has no dialogue at all (unlike the manga) and yet its such a powerful scene, one of my favourire scenes in any anime. The great thing is you don't see anything at all, its all abstract images, music and a symbolic image of Yukino losing her hat and Soichiro catching it. I get a tear in my eye every time I watch it.

But after the anime ends we have only the manag to go on. But that's no bad thing. It's amazing. At vol.10 the story abruptly changes from one about high school kids to one about families, how they work, how they break down, how relationships fail and above all its a story about love, commitment and finally friendship. Nothing at all about a high school romance story.

It's a crying shame that no anime company has taken on the 2nd half of the manga and made a TV series out of it.

But either way, get to see one or the other, preferably both. If you don't you're missing out on one of the best romance stories to come out of Japan.
    "You know you sometimes see those bubbles floating around in your eyes. Well right now I'm in pursuit of 'em." - Osaka-chan

http://www.fanfiction.net/~saddletank

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    647 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2015 05:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Wow, I didnt know all that...which is extremly upsetting that the ending was the way it was because they ran out of funding. I understand now why there were the recap episodes and why the one was the puppets. Though, I did prefer the extra comedy, it made it more than just "boy loves girl/girl loves boy".
    The episode about her sisters was nice, but pointless. Sure, it let us get to know her two younger sisters better, but they just couldve given them more air time in the other episodes.

Its such a shame...Kare Kano really has to be one of the best romance animes Ive seen in a while. Ive gotta track down the manga now, though its also a shame that it wont have as much humor as the anime. -sigh-

Senior Member Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan's Avatar
    Gil
    Cold
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2011 12:29 AM
    Threads

Im on the 12 epi...XP i loove the 2nd episode n 3rd best.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Xieshunnuan View Post
    i loove the 2nd episode n 3rd best.
    The early eps are very good, esp the one (ep.4???) where Yukino is trying to find the courage to tell Soichiro she loves him and then finally plucks up the courage to reach out her hand during that student council meeting and hold his hand - ah! What a great moment. I give a little cheer each time I see it.

I won't give you any spoilers but the scenes between Yukino and Soichiro during the summer break after he gets back from his kendo tournament are even better, great romance, things hot up a bit but its done so spiritually, so nicely in the anime and the manga, really really touching stuff.
    "You know you sometimes see those bubbles floating around in your eyes. Well right now I'm in pursuit of 'em." - Osaka-chan

Senior Member 8-destiny-8 is a splendid one to behold 8-destiny-8 is a splendid one to behold 8-destiny-8 is a splendid one to behold 8-destiny-8 is a splendid one to behold 8-destiny-8 is a splendid one to behold 8-destiny-8 is a splendid one to behold 8-destiny-8 is a splendid one to behold 8-destiny-8's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2011 07:31 PM
    Threads

i love this anime... i can't stress how great the story is enough! it's a shame about the ending though, very disappointing. they really should've given the story the glory it deserves, but throughout the end, they failed to do that... i wish they'd do a remake of the anime and make it much much better! kare kano rocks!

Senior Member black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2007 05:39 AM
    Threads

I also love this anime! so COOL for me! I like the story,
    the creation of GAINAX -so cool-
    everybody lies!!

Junior Member Frau Landers will become famous soon enough Frau Landers will become famous soon enough Frau Landers's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-17-2007 04:01 PM
    Threads

Yeah I heard about the issue of the humour/romance issue with the company when they were making the anime. I really liked how they made the series, and I personally think the characters looked better in the anime. Too bad about the whole money issue. But Kare Kano is still one of my favourite series; the manga has finished just recently. I can't remember how many books there are, about 30 or so possibly? But the ending for the manga is really good, so check it out if you're still interested!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Its 21 volumes to the manga, and yes, it's awesome towards the end. Really dark, angsty and violent. Nothing at all like it started.

Just imagine what an amazing series we'd have if Gainax and Anno-san had carried on to cover all of it as an anime...

Senior Member ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Venus Star Wand Top Manekineko American Flag Ribbon
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2012 10:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's so romantic. Not exactly my type, but it's getting me. I can't stop reading it. >< I can't believe it, but I like the manga. ><

---Sorry I am currently inactive; very busy with this new Filipino school x.x they are seriously trying to kill me--
    Karami the Neko Red Bean Dango ~
    Want to join Karami's Big Dango Family?

Senior Member MrClown has a reputation beyond repute MrClown has a reputation beyond repute MrClown has a reputation beyond repute MrClown has a reputation beyond repute MrClown has a reputation beyond repute MrClown has a reputation beyond repute MrClown has a reputation beyond repute MrClown has a reputation beyond repute MrClown has a reputation beyond repute MrClown has a reputation beyond repute MrClown has a reputation beyond repute MrClown's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2013 01:49 AM
    Threads

does this anime really end at episode 26 and if it does then thats bull!!
    Last edited by MrClown; 06-25-2007 at 08:59 PM.

Junior Member Eureka Sato Okui is a splendid one to behold Eureka Sato Okui is a splendid one to behold Eureka Sato Okui is a splendid one to behold Eureka Sato Okui is a splendid one to behold Eureka Sato Okui is a splendid one to behold Eureka Sato Okui is a splendid one to behold Eureka Sato Okui is a splendid one to behold Eureka Sato Okui is a splendid one to behold Eureka Sato Okui's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2007 11:00 AM
    Threads

Almost everyone gets pulled in by the magical lovey powers of Kare Kano!!!! =^^=

Member Zoga is a name known to all Zoga is a name known to all Zoga is a name known to all Zoga is a name known to all Zoga is a name known to all Zoga is a name known to all Zoga's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 01:50 PM
    Threads

Kare Kano is a very good romantic anime, but the characters were too perfect.
    Last edited by Zoga; 07-09-2007 at 12:59 PM.

Senior Member ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood has a reputation beyond repute ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2007 07:10 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MaruDashi View Post
    Cant say Ive read the manga, but the anime was great...though I have to agree with Kip, the ending was horrible. Im thinking that theres going to be a season 2 once the manga was finished, because the anime ending didnt anser ANYTHING

I have only seen a few episodes but animes with bad endings really, really, really piss me off so I guess I will just watch a few more and be done with it. Otherwise it will make me mad and i will go one an Ouran High School Host Club episode marathon...
    What May be as White and Pure as a Cloud can be as Violent and Terrible as a Storm.

May Love find you.

he's adorable!^^

R.I.P. Legend S. We will always remeber you.

Need Anything?
    PM me! <3

Junior Member love.x.anime has a spectacular aura about love.x.anime has a spectacular aura about love.x.anime has a spectacular aura about love.x.anime's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-03-2007 02:06 AM
    Threads

ive wacthed have of the anime its really good my friend say that it has a really weird ending though
    no longer loving you
    and right now addicted to lovely complex/Kodomo no Omocha (:
    she is wondering which animes are used in the banner at the top of the page

Junior Member Asakurai is on a distinguished road Asakurai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2007 12:03 AM
    Threads

I strongly wish they would remake this Anime, While the current version has its own Unique qualities..doesn't fit well with manga. If you've seen the anime but was confused by the abrupt ending...read the Manga, I strongly recommend it. less comedy more drama,angst,romance a true masterpiece in its entirety.

Member animeotaku15 will become famous soon enough animeotaku15's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2008 05:42 PM
    Threads

I love Kare Kano! It's a great romantic anime....wish I had a romance like that (never gonna happen).

Senior Member Animator_Chie has a spectacular aura about Animator_Chie has a spectacular aura about Animator_Chie has a spectacular aura about Animator_Chie's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-25-2008 12:58 PM
    Threads

Wink

I love this manga!!! And I even watched this from tv...teeheehee
    +*+ What if I never knew?
    What if I never found you?
    I'll never have this feeling in my heart +*+

Senior Member ReccaReichiri16 has a reputation beyond repute ReccaReichiri16 has a reputation beyond repute ReccaReichiri16 has a reputation beyond repute ReccaReichiri16 has a reputation beyond repute ReccaReichiri16 has a reputation beyond repute ReccaReichiri16 has a reputation beyond repute ReccaReichiri16 has a reputation beyond repute ReccaReichiri16 has a reputation beyond repute ReccaReichiri16 has a reputation beyond repute ReccaReichiri16 has a reputation beyond repute ReccaReichiri16 has a reputation beyond repute ReccaReichiri16's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2008 09:24 PM
    Threads

I also like Kare Kano.
    "A ninja must always endure."-Recca
    "There are no coincidences in this world."-Clow Reed/Eriol
    "Try at least twice,
    Fail at least once."
    reccasakoshita16.blogspot.com
    Wanna join my family?...Just pm me.

Closed Thread

Thread Information