I just realized that this series MAY fall into this genre as well...and after checking in the Romance anime forum for any responses on the anime(where i got none xD lol) I figured I might see if any of you guys knew of this incredible Series...

Angel Sanctuary, currently out with 3 OVAs and 20 Mangas, where hte 3 OVAs cover the first 3 books of the 20 volume Manga, is about your avgerage high schooler Setsuna Mudou, though with a disturbing history, firstly hes in love with his sister, and secondly he soon discovers that he is a Reincarnation of an Angel that openly revolted against God (not to be mistaken with Lucifer[the devil]) . A string of events unfold that take Setsuna,our hero, into a destiny that he is unable to escape,and furthermore when his sister is inadvertedly involved.

Angel Sanctuary contains blood, gore, sexually immoral themes, religious blashphemy(haha i found that funny when I read this from another review), and violent language. So watch at your own discresion.

just wonderin if anyone has seen this! its pretty incredible, with a string of characters that anyone can love, and insane plot that just doesnt stop surprising you just when you thought you knew everything, and the suspensful drama that will keep you on your toes!