AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of Prince of Tennis or any other sport anime/manga?

Keiko here~~~ Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2009 05:46 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default What do you think of Prince of Tennis or any other sport anime/manga?

I'm not sure if this post is made before or not but, I'm still asking! What do you think of Prince of Tennis, or any sport manga/anime in general? I love it to death. It's hilarious and the tennis smashes are just so cool. And the many characters are easy to identify with. For now, my favourite character have to be Fuji; he's just evil!
    Legend_S. Forever a great friend, will never forget you. R.I.P.

Made by dearest sis akari_aurion! XP Arigatou ne~

FrownieBrownie [Feiry] smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010's Avatar
    Gil
    Roflol
    Gifts Melon Pan Witch Hat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2021 11:43 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: supersmile1010

Default Oh me oh my.

Prince of Tennis is one of the most
    boring anime/mangas i ever saw/read. I hate it.
    Once again, amazing props to the talented Paprika!!

This smile kills....

Senior Member nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-09-2008 02:33 PM
    Threads

I try to watch Prince of Tennis as much as possible...but I'm often online and completely forget that Toonami is on...hehhheh...n_n;;
    Awesome siggy from Serated-chan! ♥
    Awesome siggy from Angelic-chan! ♥

The Blue Fighter The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron has a brilliant future The Blue Baron's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2014 03:13 AM
    Im living in this world half dead half alive finding myself.....
    Threads

i enjoy it since im not an obsessed loser who cannot stop thinking of anime i only like a select few of anime series because the new series get umber and dumber so i like this one cause its got a great thing going for it the characters are good the story is good and as for the manga i will have to finish it first

Senior Member buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-20-2008 03:28 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

i love prince of tennis...i've been loving/watching it since it came out in 01 and am currently following the ova's.

as for sports animes i mostly like them. as far as others not including pot that i've seen and like include:

eyeshield 21 *football* - although sena does annoy me sometimes when he's too cowardly...
    major *baseball* - loved it from the start
    touch *baseball - love both anime and manga* - got addicted to the manga first but i love the old style drawing for the anime too.
    aoki densetsu shoot *soccer*
    dear boys *basketball*
    princess nine *baseball* - one of the first sports series i watched and liked from my vhs watching days.
    *(`'·.¸(`'·.¸*¤*¸.·'´)¸.´)*
    »~:¤.·º`·.Forever ~ Dreaming.·´º·.¤:~«
    *(¸.·'´(¸.·'´*¤*`'·.¸)`'·.¸)*

>> flew too high and burnt the wings - lost my faith in everything <<

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    Threads

I'll start off with Ashita no Joe. If anything, Rocky is the Ashita no Joe of America. This manga was originally published from 1968-1974. It's about how a runaway orphan, Joe Yabuki, from Hokkaido who finds his way to the slums of Tokyo. Residents of post WWII Japanese who are still struggling. He is unofficially adopted by a former boxing trainer and wishes to use Joe to get him out of the ghetto and bring him to stardom. Joe is not well accepted by the trainer's charities and only participates in scandals behind his back and lands him in juvie for a year and then he takes boxing seriously. After he gets out, he launches his career. The character is a mix of Rocky Balboa's humbleness with Mike Tyson's public image.

I've only seen the Prince of Tennis anime and live action, I have read little of the manga though I am interested in watching it. I honestly did not like the anime ending. I thought it was horrible and it portrayed Ryoma as a back stabber because of what Tezuka requested out of him. Personally if I were Tezuka in that series, I'd beat up Ryoma for what he does in the end. I was personally offended with how the people who did the anime ended it. Mostly due to how they built up the series and made everything bull$#*+ in the end.

Slam Dunk. That series was great. I thought it had great development with story and characters. Many may think the designs are ugly, but I find it unique since it's not your typical anime/manga design. So it avoids trendiness. I don't even like basketball but I thought the story and interesting characters were captivating enough for me. But Inoue-sensei himself just got lazy and abruptly just ended it with a lame ending.

Then there is Hajime no Ippo. Ippo's story can be that of any real life boxer. He never excelled in any sports and was just an average kid. He thought of boxing as a way to find and create and measure himself. You also know deeply about his opponents and sometimes their stories will make you cheer for them instead. It's a wonderful human drama with characters we can all relate to. In this one, you see a person's life unfold before you.
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Member Triela Hilsher is a jewel in the rough Triela Hilsher is a jewel in the rough Triela Hilsher is a jewel in the rough Triela Hilsher is a jewel in the rough Triela Hilsher's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2007 02:16 AM
    Threads

I saw a short clip of one where girls were playing baseball but it didn't show the name, which one was that?

Then, why don't you strengthen my conditioned mental response!

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The closest thing that comes to my mind on that one is Princess 9
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I'm not into sports anime/manga but the one that I stick to reading is Slamdunk. It's the best, I guess, since I never really read/watch any other than that. XD Probably the fact that I don't like sports...

>>Enter My World<<

Thanks to Ms Lucy for this awesome, funny gif.

The person that you are now is not the person that I used to know. You're becoming a stranger that I've never met before. Not liking the change though.

Senior Member mercury92 has a reputation beyond repute mercury92 has a reputation beyond repute mercury92 has a reputation beyond repute mercury92 has a reputation beyond repute mercury92 has a reputation beyond repute mercury92 has a reputation beyond repute mercury92 has a reputation beyond repute mercury92 has a reputation beyond repute mercury92 has a reputation beyond repute mercury92 has a reputation beyond repute mercury92 has a reputation beyond repute mercury92's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2008 10:02 AM
    Threads

i like prince of tennis
    i like it cause ryoma is cute
    other than that, i also like
    l dear boy l
    l eyeshield 21 l
    thanks to S3SIKI for this lovely sig
    [keep your smiles]
    [you will shine like a star ]

wanna join my family???
    pm me or do what ever it takes..
    ...MY FAMILY...
    ...Ed_Alchemist...
    ...Spiffy...
    ...j100...

Member xoXMizukiXox is a glorious beacon of light xoXMizukiXox is a glorious beacon of light xoXMizukiXox is a glorious beacon of light xoXMizukiXox is a glorious beacon of light xoXMizukiXox is a glorious beacon of light xoXMizukiXox is a glorious beacon of light xoXMizukiXox's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2007 08:00 PM
    Threads

i'm not really into anime based around sports...cause i don't really like sports >.
    but i did follow crimson hero, this volleyball romantic story type manga..liked that one :]

Crimson Rain Sought Flower CrimsonLumiere has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonLumiere has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonLumiere has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonLumiere has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonLumiere has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonLumiere has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonLumiere has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonLumiere has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonLumiere has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonLumiere has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonLumiere has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonLumiere's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Orange Dango Eternal Moon Article Red Dango
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2022 07:08 PM
    Threads

I love Prince of Tennis(Tenisu nop Ouji-sama) because of Ryoma he rocks for me Prince of Tennis is the best!...
    ^^

Riding Dirty Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2014 10:43 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Im watching Dear Boys. well thats the only sport anime i like ^^
    Over-saturating since '07

Senior Member inOue has a reputation beyond repute inOue has a reputation beyond repute inOue has a reputation beyond repute inOue has a reputation beyond repute inOue has a reputation beyond repute inOue has a reputation beyond repute inOue has a reputation beyond repute inOue has a reputation beyond repute inOue has a reputation beyond repute inOue has a reputation beyond repute inOue has a reputation beyond repute inOue's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2011 10:34 AM
    Threads

i like prince of tennis, cute characters..

sometimes, i just think sport animes
    are dealing more on the supernatural side of the characters..

anyway, i'm not really into sports..
    MOVE ON. DO SOMETHING BETTER.

Junior Member dreamweaver49 is on a distinguished road dreamweaver49's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2007 09:39 AM
    Threads

Exclamation

I haven't seen Tennis no Oujisama; never got around to it and never knew when it was on. I don't think it's aired in Japan anymore . . . plus I'm not a big tennis fan. Plus I can't watch TV for too long (personal reasons).
    I do like Eyeshield 21, the American football one. I haven't bought the manga but I religiously follow the anime in whatever way I can. Not so much for Sena - 'cause he can be a little over-wimpy at times, although that makes you feel even more relieved when he shows some backbone - but more for Hiruma, Shin and Sakuraba, Kid (sort of) and Riku, Kakei and Mizumachi.
    Also (I feel so dumb) I like Attack No. 1. It's a super-old Japanese manga that was recently made into a TV drama series here. (I mean really old; my mother was a girl when it was a big hit. It was inspired by the 1960-something Tokyo Olympics where the Japanese volleyball team won the gold medal.) I'm a volleyball player myself, which is probably why I like it, and another one called Sign wa V!.
    And if ballet counts as a sport, I'm a big fan of Telepsicola and Do Da Dancing, as well as the older Toeshoes. They're all ballet mangas.

Junior Member Kaza-SOU is on a distinguished road Kaza-SOU's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2007 08:54 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Well, the closest to reality sport anime would be Slam Dunk. It is a semi-realistic designed anime and I like the fact that the main character is an idiot so it propagated our sympathy to the main character. There's also an intense rivalry in a team (Sakuragi and Rukawa) which spice up the anime. Jokes added the value of this anime, which makes me crave for more Slam Dunk.

On the other hand, Prince of Tennis is like a bishonen anime with lots of unrealistic play. I've watched the episode and I believe their shots are impossible to attempt. The second season is also pretty much the same but with more impossible shots than ever. The main character also is a genius who 99&#37; won. I never watched Ryoma beaten by other than Tezuka.

Well, in the end I think sport anime are worth to watch no matter how unrealistic they are. They can fire up your fighting spirit and it helps me a lot to boost up my confidence in playing the game.

*~~~Like a shooting star across the midnight sky~~~*
    **~~~Wherever you are, you gonna see me fly~~~**

Member blackhole1 is a splendid one to behold blackhole1 is a splendid one to behold blackhole1 is a splendid one to behold blackhole1 is a splendid one to behold blackhole1 is a splendid one to behold blackhole1 is a splendid one to behold blackhole1 is a splendid one to behold blackhole1 is a splendid one to behold blackhole1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2007 12:16 AM
    Threads

LOL. True yeah. Prince of tennis is cool but unrealistic. Basically, you can't attempt most of the you know, shots. But it does help to get you fired up to take up the sport or whatever. xD

not bad an anime, i'll say, but the drawing isn't that good.
    *LOOKS AT THE EYES*

lol. xD

e'Clair is here.. kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD has a reputation beyond repute kleyrxD's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-27-2009 04:56 AM
    Threads

I watch Princes of tennis once,,yeah You're all true the anime/manga is cool, unrealistic because of his shots and the others.and i think it's not that boring smile1010..lol
    ~//-{ErialCcClairE}-//~

Made by me

Donation is Needed

Senior Member mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2008 08:51 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ParaParaJMo View Post
    Then there is Hajime no Ippo.
    yea this has to be the best sports anime iv ever seen, and you dont have to really be into fightin or sports to like it, couse wat makes this anime so great is the caracters you just cant help to love hehe, and of course it has a nice dash of the perverted humor we love the japanees for bringin in to our lives... i do atlest ._.

-d-
    MR PANTSU FOR PRESIDENT!!
    Mr Pantsu's has watched list
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MrPantsu

Junior Member princeofangels is on a distinguished road princeofangels's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2007 06:41 AM
    Threads

Well, i only play taekwondo but i also like to take up tennis this school year. I like the show very much, even watching the movie and the ova. The movie is about his brother, Ryoga Echizen and the ova is about his return to japan to play for the nationals. I'm just waiting for the whole ova to finish. i was told that oishi will fight with ryoma to determine who will play in the nationals. many were disappointed that oishi was defeated, meaning that the golden pair will not appear anymore. Tezuka will also fight with kabaji, the 'frankenstein' of the hyotei tennis club, momo will have the essence of when the wind will come and fuji will have his 4th counter. I'm so excited!!!

Keiko here~~~ Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2009 05:46 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by princeofangels View Post
    Well, i only play taekwondo but i also like to take up tennis this school year. I like the show very much, even watching the movie and the ova. The movie is about his brother, Ryoga Echizen and the ova is about his return to japan to play for the nationals. I'm just waiting for the whole ova to finish. i was told that oishi will fight with ryoma to determine who will play in the nationals. many were disappointed that oishi was defeated, meaning that the golden pair will not appear anymore. Tezuka will also fight with kabaji, the 'frankenstein' of the hyotei tennis club, momo will have the essence of when the wind will come and fuji will have his 4th counter. I'm so excited!!!

the ova have about thirteen episodes, not sure if it's all, coz from what i've seen so far, it is only thirteen episodes.

Sure, it is unrealistic, but we must realise that they are actually a bunch of talented players grouped together and were most unfortunate to meet with the other talented schools (hyotei, fudoumine, rikkai...) in which they must get better to win, lol. If this happen in real life, i believe we would also try to get better all the time, ne?

Yeah, I love slam dunk. It was the first anime that got me hooked to sports anime/manga. Other basketball anime/manga just pale by comparison.
    Legend_S. Forever a great friend, will never forget you. R.I.P.

Made by dearest sis akari_aurion! XP Arigatou ne~

Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Then again, a sports manga was what made Shounen Jump popular in Japan. It was Masami Kurumada's Ringu ni Kakero. Sadly, he's only known for Saint Seiya though he's done other great works. If it weren't for Ringu ni Kakero, there'd be no Yuu Yuu Hakusho, DBZ, or Naruto.

You're probably only going to find the manga in Japan. I warn you, it's the most politically incorrect manga you'll ever read. Germans are portrayed as Nazis, Italians as mobsters, French as arrogant nobles, Greeks as these God-obbssessed people, Japanese as proud of their race, and Americans as a motely crue of a death row inmate, a cross dresser, a Hell's Angels leader, a Ku Klux Klan grand wizard, and a jive talking black man.

Domo Army Victim Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2010 03:42 PM
    Threads

I so wish I could check out Ring ni Kakero, but there is no American license or scanlations to be found anywhere. A total drag. That said, I think Air Gear is classified as a sports series, so I would check that out, as well as Hajime no Ippo. Eyeshield 21 manga is pretty awesome as well.

Member Zoga is a name known to all Zoga is a name known to all Zoga is a name known to all Zoga is a name known to all Zoga is a name known to all Zoga is a name known to all Zoga's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 01:50 PM
    Threads

Hajime no Ippo is the best sports anime that I have seen and BOX is a great sport too.

Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigami Ichigo View Post
    I so wish I could check out Ring ni Kakero, but there is no American license or scanlations to be found anywhere. A total drag. That said, I think Air Gear is classified as a sports series, so I would check that out, as well as Hajime no Ippo. Eyeshield 21 manga is pretty awesome as well.
    I don't see Ringu ni Kakero being licenced EVER. Either get the fansubs or import dvds or something. I bought my manga in Japan a couple of years ago.

Closed Thread

Thread Information