AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kikyo is DEAD/SCANS OF HER DEATH [spoilers]

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2014 11:02 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Default KIKYO IS DEAD [spoilers...kinda]

Ok, Im really getting annoyed with "I want Kikyo to die and stay dead." SHE DOES.
    From Wikipedia:

At the end of chapter 462, Kagome is shocked to find that the Jewel is now inside of Kikyo's body. In chapter 463, with the help of Kagome's sacred arrow, Kikyo purifies the Shikon Jewel, and fires the arrow out of her body and at Naraku. His shouki is only able to corrupt half of the Jewel, and Kikyo's spiritual power and Naraku's jyaki begin to battle within the jewel.
    However, Naraku's darkness proves too powerful and overcomes Kikyo's power, completely corrupting the Jewel. Seeing that her life is practically over, Kikyo weakly tells Kagome that the rest is up to her, and that the bow from Mt. Asuza now belongs to Kagome. Shocked, Kagome asks what Kikyo means, but before the miko can continue, Naraku claims that Kikyo has lost to his jyaki and he strikes out at her with one of his tentacles. InuYasha slashes through it before it reaches Kikyo and Kagome, but Naraku merely laughs and tells InuYasha that he'll need to start thinking of how to defeat him without Kikyo, and leaves.
    Sesshomaru, in an overgrown field with Kohaku and Rin, comments that the scent on the wind has changed, and that it is too late. Kaede also notices some sort of change, noting that the sunset is the color of blood.
    With Naraku gone, a crushed InuYasha holds the dying Kikyo in his arms. InuYasha then asks the others to leave them in private. Before leaving, Kagome has her face in her hands, attempting to hide her tears as she laments over being unable to save Kikyo. In thought, Kikyo wishes for Kagome not to cry, for she feels her soul has finally been saved.
    Alone together, Kikyo tells InuYasha of how she wished to become an ordinary woman when the Shikon Jewel vanished. InuYasha tells her that ever since he was born, Kikyo was his first love. His tears splatter on Kikyo's cheek, and she comments that this is the first time she's seen him make such a face and cry.
    At that, InuYasha cries that he was unable to save her. But Kikyo continues to smile at him, saying that he came for her and that was good enough. He then looks at her smiling face tearfully, and it's her first real smile in a long while. After InuYasha kisses Kikyo goodbye, Kikyo calls his name in her thoughts as she looks at him with tear-filled eyes.
    Finally in peace, Kikyo dies and disappears into a bright cluster of souls and light, which the Shinidamachu whirl around as it glows among the group. Shippo says that it looks as if her soul is bidding farewell to them all, and Kagome notices how warm it is. The Shinidamachu then carry Kikyo's soul into the sky.
    InuYasha is mournful as he looks into the sky, but says that Kikyo will not suffer anymore, and that her soul doesn't want them to mourn. Kikyo's last departing words are a promise that she'll always protect InuYasha.

Now, I dont watch the series, but I bet theres an episode on this too. SHE'S GONE, ok?

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 05:05 PM
    Threads

You're right...
    She IS gone,and from start of series she WAS dead...
    Her soul was summoned back to the world of living,and if she wants to survive she must use living souls to keep her here...
    Kikyo died soon after Naraku's attack(disguised as Inuyasha),and after she shot Inuyasha on that sacred tree...
    After that,Urashue stoled here ashes,and from it summoned back Kikyo's soul(since Kikyo's wish was to burn her body along with Sacred Jewel~Shikon no Tama~)...
    So yes,as MaruDashi said,Kikyo IS dead...
    Last edited by Hamashimura; 04-13-2007 at 05:37 PM.
    ...a gift from Balance...the legend itself...

~ click the button,I dare you ~

Stick Master unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2010 02:51 PM
    Threads

as far as I remember, she's still around at the end of the series (I haven't read the manga, just watched the series) she doesn't go away even dead, naraku "kills her off twice" or something and somehow she always manages to survive, which is where the comments about her dying come from. Sorry to annoy you though, just wanted to explain my comment ^.^

Get crazy with the cheezwiz

[I like cookies & beer]

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Pluto Garnet Orb Be Mine Flowers Fan2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2014 03:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KagomeHime PSN ID: KagomeMiko

THANK YOU MARU-CHAN!! x.X I've been getting SO sick of people saying that too! I wish people would learn to READ. They'd KNOW this if they did.
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Junior Member syki girl is on a distinguished road syki girl's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-07-2012 08:03 PM
    Threads

yes she dies again but how many times do you have to go though with her almost dying
    Too fast to live, Too young to die

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by syki girl View Post
    yes she dies again but how many times do you have to go though with her almost dying

.....HOW many time does this have to be said....Now I'm getting really sick of this stuff....

She is dead for good. She is not coming back. She became dust, nothing was left of her except for her clothes. Okay? Okay. She is *gone.*

End of Story! X.x
    Last edited by Kagome; 05-17-2008 at 06:47 PM.

...Clear...

Senior Member Yasuke Shodaime has a brilliant future Yasuke Shodaime has a brilliant future Yasuke Shodaime has a brilliant future Yasuke Shodaime has a brilliant future Yasuke Shodaime has a brilliant future Yasuke Shodaime has a brilliant future Yasuke Shodaime has a brilliant future Yasuke Shodaime has a brilliant future Yasuke Shodaime has a brilliant future Yasuke Shodaime has a brilliant future Yasuke Shodaime's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-07-2009 03:46 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: I wish I had a Wii

whoa so she finally died died but at least she was nice to inuyasha I mean she usally queit and barel talks to him but she said she will always protect him so yay its kinda bitter sweet though

Senior Member BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2008 12:54 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Higurashi Kagome View Post
    .....HOW many time does this have to be SAID....Now I'M getting really sick of this crap....

SHE IS DEAD FOR GOOD. SHE IS NOT COMING BACK. SHE BECAME DUST, NOTHING WAS LEFT OF HER EXCEPT FOR HER CLOTHES. OKAY? OKAY. SHE IS *GONE.*

End of Story! X.x
    But her clothes... hm... what if.

I should probably stop right there before you try to remove my head

I hope she stays dead. Very depressing character.

Senior Member Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Compass
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2012 07:00 PM
    Threads

But wait, Maru. If she can collect souls and live off them, how the hell can she die and just not come back? I really don't get it. e_e
    Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope...

Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by w yǔ View Post
    But wait, Maru. If she can collect souls and live off them, how the hell can she die and just not come back? I really don't get it. e_e
    Her Shindamachuu collect the souls for her that's true...but if She has NO body in which to house the souls they collect-then what more is she then dust? Naraku's shouki (miasma) melted her body down to nothing-so all that was left of her was her clothing.

Get it now?

...Clear...

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Higurashi Kagome View Post
    Her Shindamachuu collect the souls for her that's true...but if She has NO body in which to house the souls they collect-then what more is she then dust? Naraku's shouki (miasma) melted her body down to nothing-so all that was left of her was her clothing.

Get it now?
    lol, excatly. If she were to come back, it would be as "clusters of light".

Junior Member DestroyingAngel is on a distinguished road DestroyingAngel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-09-2007 05:34 AM
    Threads

I never read the manga. I'm glad Kikyo never died in the anime. She's one of my favourite anime characters.

緑巫女 かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2014 01:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: WTF?You kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by DestroyingAngel View Post
    I never read the manga. I'm glad Kikyo never died in the anime. She's one of my favourite anime characters.

Err...I don't think I need to point this out-but I will anyway. Kikyou was never alive to begin with...She was only Living Breathing Flesh in the first 4 pages of the manga and first 2 minutes of the anime.

And of course she didn't vanish in the anime. The anime cut off smack dab in the middle of the story.
    I love Inuyasha character Kagome to death, but there are times I just want to beat the girl over the head with a 9 iron.

私は犬夜叉の妻である
    We all must fight; to protect, to survive, to keep alive what we believe in.

Junior Member Reyna is on a distinguished road Reyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2007 10:13 AM
    Threads

I'm glad! I hate Kikyo cause she was so mean towrds Inuyasha. She was always dead, but her soul was never at peace.

Member LeapOfFaith is just really nice LeapOfFaith is just really nice LeapOfFaith is just really nice LeapOfFaith is just really nice LeapOfFaith's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-15-2007 04:40 PM
    Threads

Ding Dong the witch is dead

I knew this a long time ago. I thought everyone knew :/

Stick Master unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by LeapOfFaith View Post
    Ding Dong the witch is dead

I knew this a long time ago. I thought everyone knew :/
    no, because not everyone reads manga. I am one of those persons who doesn't read mangas too often. I prefer a sit-down with my husband, some popcorn and a few episodes of some interesting anime to pass the time together.

which brings me to my next comment. To everyone getting all huffy puffy over this, there's no need to get all stupid about it. Get mad at the lack police control in your local ghetto, or at global warming, or even gas prices, not at the misunderstanding between an anime and a manga. It's just rude. NOT EVERYONE READS MANGA. if a television series ends something, and INUYASHA did, with a crappy cliffhanger ending, then you'll HAVE to expect that not everyone is "otaku" enough to know that the manga goes on, or even cared enough to look up on it. I, for example, threw my inuyasha disk and hated the ending so much I disregarded the manga entirely, until you guys pointed out that it did continue.

You will also have to expect that since Inuyasha is on adult swim, you have a bunch of fans that probably are too new to anime to even know what manga is.

give people a break.

[I like cookies & beer]

Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by unspun View Post
    no, because not everyone reads manga. I am one of those persons who doesn't read mangas too often. I prefer a sit-down with my husband, some popcorn and a few episodes of some interesting anime to pass the time together.

which brings me to my next comment. To everyone getting all huffy puffy over this, there's no need to get all stupid about it. Get mad at the lack police control in your local ghetto, or at global warming, or even gas prices, not at the misunderstanding between an anime and a manga. It's just rude. NOT EVERYONE READS MANGA. if a television series ends something, and INUYASHA did, with a crappy cliffhanger ending, then you'll HAVE to expect that not everyone is "otaku" enough to know that the manga goes on, or even cared enough to look up on it. I, for example, threw my inuyasha disk and hated the ending so much I disregarded the manga entirely, until you guys pointed out that it did continue.

You will also have to expect that since Inuyasha is on adult swim, you have a bunch of fans that probably are too new to anime to even know what manga is.

give people a break.
    You know, this is a valid point...However this was WHY this thread was created. Besides, it's been said that she is dead a zillion and a half times all throughout the Inuyasha forum, and it gets awfully annoying and *VERY* repeatitive. So for those who have the mind enough to enjoy reading instead of rotting our eyes out with a TV screen and/or a computer screen watching things this has been made to save thier sanity.

...Clear...

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm not saying the thread wasn't needed, I'm just arguing the point that you don't have to get angry about it. I understand it's annoying, but it doesn't make people feel good when they get cussed out (or the like) for something they didn't even know they were doing (which would be repeating things some people already know)

and yes, i prefer rotting my eyes out with my husband as opposed to reading by myself.

[I like cookies & beer]

Senior Member BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2008 12:54 AM
    Threads

Comrades, are you all so blind?

Kikyo is not dead.

We still speak of her and argue over these subjects. If we truly want her dead then let us stop bringing her up!

I move that we exclude Kikyo from all polls and subjects! Let her die!

Member Neko Yasha is a splendid one to behold Neko Yasha is a splendid one to behold Neko Yasha is a splendid one to behold Neko Yasha is a splendid one to behold Neko Yasha is a splendid one to behold Neko Yasha is a splendid one to behold Neko Yasha is a splendid one to behold Neko Yasha's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2007 12:03 PM
    That's for me to know and for you to find out. ;)
    Threads

Actually, Kikyo does die in the anime. Naraku throws her into a poisonous miasma, which melts her earthen body, and Inuyasha never gets to see her. Kinda sad how the anime isn't as good as the manga.
    Last edited by Neko Yasha; 06-15-2007 at 04:47 PM. Reason: I mixed up two animes! :P

~On my worst day, I will look better than you on your best day.~
    -Anonymous

Junior Member crazycatz is on a distinguished road crazycatz's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-15-2007 06:34 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Neko Yasha View Post
    Actually, Kikyo does die in the anime. Naruto throws her into a poisonous miasma, which melts her earthen body, and Inuyasha never gets to see her. Kinda sad how the anime isn't as good as the manga.
    You mean Naraku lol. And yes, she does die, and I don't get why it's so hard for people to understand that. I mean how many spoilers are there out there? In reviews, AMVs, and so forth, there's no way u can't find out. Those who watched the japanese series before the english ever came out, have always talked about the series and the spoilers, it's hard not to have the anime spoiled, lol.

Senior Member Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo has a reputation beyond repute Insurgo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2008 12:26 AM
    Threads

I'm surprise it took her that long to die.

"I'm done with what you call Emotion. . ."

"There is no good nor evil. But thinking makes it so."

Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Default Kikyo is DEAD/SCANS OF HER DEATH [spoilers]

Obviously reading that Kikyou is gone for good isn't enough for some people-so I'm hooking people up with scans off of *MY* book, bits of it translated by *ME* for people to see instead. These are pages 10-15 of manga volume 47 chapter 7.

Sorry Maru-chan for not asking to do this...but it has gotten that annoying. ::bows::

Okay-Got it people? SHE IS GONE.

...Clear...

Gil
    Mentioned
    604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

No worries Kagome....it was bothering me too, and I dont even WATCH the show or read the manga.

Endless Dreams MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz has a reputation beyond repute MysticFairyDrmz's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2008 10:07 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MaruDashi View Post
    No worries Kagome....it was bothering me too, and I dont even WATCH the show or read the manga.
    a lot of people don't read the manga so thats why most didnt know she was dead and when it kept getting repeated they probably figured since she kinda i guess you can say almost died again several times in the anime they probably figured she would be brought back. of course can you die if your already dead However i have read the manga and i know she died and to me it was really sad. But thats just me.

Sig and avie made by Mira <3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information