AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Visual Kei

Junior Member Tokio is on a distinguished road Tokio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2007 03:45 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Visual Kei

Any other visual kei lovers here? What are some of your favorite bands? (Even if they are no longer visual kei.) Have you found any new cool bands you want to talk about? Et cetera.

My favorite visual bands are probably Dir en grey (their early works of course. I still love their new stuff, but they're no longer visual.), RENTRER EN SOI (same deal), GANEISHA, LuLu, undead seem pretty cool, though I've only heard samples thus far. UnsraW, Wizard, 12012, Nega, pretty much any UNDER CODE band (Except Vidoll and Kodomo A), et cetera, et cetera.

I'm mostly an indies kind of guy, and hate stuff like the GazettE or alice nine..

(Note: I did a search, and didn't see anything. But if there is a thread, and i just happened to mention it, please delete this. Sorry for the trouble. ^^')
    yesterday she showed me her bruises
    pulled her sweater up underneath her breasts
    they were scattered 'cross her rib cage
    like a little patch of violet rorshach tests
    she said just 'cause I can't crawl inside you
    that doesn't mean I'm not your parasite

The Silent Assasin xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx has a reputation beyond repute xXAltairXx's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2009 03:01 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Malice

lol you just like starting new threads dont you Tokio? lol well i havent even heard of that anime anyway, are you sure it exists?

*ASSASINS CREED FAN*
    RIP Legend_S You'll Be With Us Forever
    Family In Blog

Why would you read this...?.....For shame....What were you thinking was in this...? Oo.....Gold?....Power?.....Cookies?.....Close but no cigar....If you're reading this PM me w/ the title 'I read it'......And just so we're clear.....SHAME!!!!!!

Shameful PM's: 10

Junior Member Tokio is on a distinguished road Tokio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2007 03:45 PM
    Threads

It's a genre of music, hence why it's in the "J-pop/rock (and other music)" section.

Well, not really a genre. Granted it's up for debate, I don't think it is. It's basically a style of dress. I could provide pictures if curious.
    yesterday she showed me her bruises
    pulled her sweater up underneath her breasts
    they were scattered 'cross her rib cage
    like a little patch of violet rorshach tests
    she said just 'cause I can't crawl inside you
    that doesn't mean I'm not your parasite

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Levanter is just really nice Levanter is just really nice Levanter is just really nice Levanter is just really nice Levanter is just really nice Levanter's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-12-2007 02:29 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Well...Visual Kei are good to look at...but most of the time lacking in the, *ahem* voice department. Though I guess that should already be expected right? The term is, after all, "VISUAL" kei. Those few who turn out to be good move on and become "normal" artists (uh, for a lack of a better term^^, like L'Arc~en~Ciel, or Gackt from Malice Mizer.

I can't deny though...they are nice to look at. XD
    "It's the time you spent on your rose that makes your rose so important." -The Little Prince

Junior Member rumble is on a distinguished road rumble's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-18-2007 01:31 AM
    Threads

I like gackt and gazette !! ^_^

Senior Member Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-24-2008 11:26 AM
    Threads

I like visual kei.... Alice Nine.... it's good!.. Then Luna Sea and L'arc~en~Ciel...
    I also like oshare kei....

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫♪ ♫
    J-rock is my life... ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫♪ ♫

^myanimelist^
    Last.fm

Member shadow soul is on a distinguished road shadow soul's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2007 10:12 PM
    in a remote dark and desolate lonely place
    Threads

Dir en grey rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lov Diru!!!!! going to their concert on June 8 ^.^ i went to one of their concerts already best experience ever!!!!!! i also like Moi dix mois, Pahtasmagoria, ect ect ^.^

Senior Member xXx~*Mitsuko*~xXx has much to be proud of xXx~*Mitsuko*~xXx has much to be proud of xXx~*Mitsuko*~xXx has much to be proud of xXx~*Mitsuko*~xXx has much to be proud of xXx~*Mitsuko*~xXx has much to be proud of xXx~*Mitsuko*~xXx has much to be proud of xXx~*Mitsuko*~xXx has much to be proud of xXx~*Mitsuko*~xXx has much to be proud of xXx~*Mitsuko*~xXx has much to be proud of xXx~*Mitsuko*~xXx has much to be proud of xXx~*Mitsuko*~xXx's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2007 12:30 AM
    Threads

I love Visual Kei. I loved Dir en grey when they were visual ((just look at my signature XD)). Dir en grey is still the best band EVER even though Kaoru and Kyo have little beards now. They proved that you don't have to look good to be a great band.

As for visual bands that I like other than them, I would say I rather enjoy Rentrer en soi and Girugamesh. Especially Girugamesh. I adore Satoshi, he is AWESOME!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

omg Diru freaking ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i lov Toshiya!!! and Kyo! and Kaoru! and Daisuke! And Shinya! ok all of them watching them play is looking at perfection!!! ^.^
    Our life is made by the death of others...

Beyond a doubt truth bears the same relation to falsehood as light to darkness.

Senior Member xXx~*Mitsuko*~xXx has much to be proud of xXx~*Mitsuko*~xXx has much to be proud of xXx~*Mitsuko*~xXx has much to be proud of xXx~*Mitsuko*~xXx has much to be proud of xXx~*Mitsuko*~xXx has much to be proud of xXx~*Mitsuko*~xXx has much to be proud of xXx~*Mitsuko*~xXx has much to be proud of xXx~*Mitsuko*~xXx has much to be proud of xXx~*Mitsuko*~xXx has much to be proud of xXx~*Mitsuko*~xXx has much to be proud of xXx~*Mitsuko*~xXx's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by shadow soul View Post
    omg Diru freaking ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i lov Toshiya!!! and Kyo! and Kaoru! and Daisuke! And Shinya! ok all of them watching them play is looking at perfection!!! ^.^
    Yes, I agree 110%! Kyo's live performances are very moving. I was watching one on youtube a little while back and I cried. I wish I could I actually see them live. I would have to travel a long way just to see them play and my dad agreed once, but something came up at the last minute T_T

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

omg i went to their concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! their first tour in America! i went on Feb 9 NY!!!!!!!!!!!!! loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!it was amazing to the point that my friend couldnt stop crying and i speechless ^.^ im going again on June 8!!!!!!!!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

omg i went to their concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! their first tour in America! i went on Feb 9 NY!!!!!!!!!!!!! loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!it was amazing to the point that my friend couldnt stop crying and i speechless ^.^ im going again on June 8!!!!!!!!
    Really! That is so cool! I would LOVE to see them. I would probably make a fool of myself and cry though. I'm an easy crier. I hope that they play somewhere near here in the VERY close future!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

where do u live?
    omg dont worry lots of people were crying lol , and people r so nice there ^.^ i made lots of friends when waiting in the cold line lol
    Quote Originally Posted by xXx~*Mitsuko*~xXx View Post
    Really! That is so cool! I would LOVE to see them. I would probably make a fool of myself and cry though. I'm an easy crier. I hope that they play somewhere near here in the VERY close future!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

where do u live?
    omg dont worry lots of people were crying lol , and people r so nice there ^.^ i made lots of friends when waiting in the cold line lol

I live in Kentucky. A place filled with red necks and hill billys. No one here has even heard the words Japanese and rock together. When ever I brought that up the first time in school I got a LOT of weird looks. XD One time I brought a picture of a VK band to school and I had to explain why they looked like girls about 50 times. I now have a group of friends that like J rock and so on so, now I don't get as many weird looks from people.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

well
    Quote Originally Posted by xXx~*Mitsuko*~xXx View Post
    I live in Kentucky. A place filled with red necks and hill billys. No one here has even heard the words Japanese and rock together. When ever I brought that up the first time in school I got a LOT of weird looks. XD One time I brought a picture of a VK band to school and I had to explain why they looked like girls about 50 times. I now have a group of friends that like J rock and so on so, now I don't get as many weird looks from people.
    well thats a begining lol im lucky i found many people in my school that lov Diru and anime and that stuff i live in Nj but im originally from Dominican Republic so it was there that my friends didnt know anything bout VK lol

Closed Thread

Thread Information