AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What makes Naruto and Bleach.. famous??

Patapon Warrior zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2009 11:27 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default What makes Naruto and Bleach.. famous??

Isn't Bleach and Naruto one of the famous anime around at the moment, tons of fans, and different influences.. well..
    Like the title says.. What makes Bleach and Naruto, that famous..??

Post as the rules do..
    and stay on topic, to avoid spamming..
    Thank you! Thank you! n_n

Senior Member mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2008 08:51 AM
    Threads

naruto, problably couse the main deal with the series is a hero that allways concer all difficulties with his own strengt, and at the same time hes the underdog and represent the people that differ from the "normal" ones
    (the diversety of techniques, and how detailed they get explained might be a big reason too)

-d-
    MR PANTSU FOR PRESIDENT!!
    Mr Pantsu's has watched list
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MrPantsu

Junior Member xierba will become famous soon enough xierba's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2007 08:47 AM
    Threads

naruto and bleach?may be it was too funny hahahahaha,...

Senior Member Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2008 12:29 AM
    Threads

Naruto and Bleach are both pretty good anime in my opinion, however i'm guessing their extreme popularity is probably due to the fact that they are both mainstream anime, not to mention they are both Shonen Jump titles, which always seem to get popular some how.
    Fight cruelty with kindness and hatred with love. If you can do that, you are undefeatable.

I want to take off your blindfolds you have grown so accustomed to to show you the people who love you and the good world you seek have been with you the whole time.

10/31/07 Koshiro discovers that making blogs are fun. ^_^

Senior Member black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2007 05:39 AM
    Threads

i think the character!!

and their ability
    everybody lies!!

... loves YOU! Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi has a reputation beyond repute Princess Hoshi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2008 07:22 PM
    Threads

I think it's, because, like Koshiro said, it was they are both Shonen Jump titles. Also, they're animes that can appeal to an anime fanbase.

The Cold Saint Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2007 08:56 PM
    Threads

They are popular for the same reason Dragonball Z is popular. (It still is popular, dammit)

1. They are of the Shounen Genre
    2. They are JUMP.
    3. Both feature spikey haired protagonists with at least one emo/angst friend and one hot female friend. (Uchiha Sasuke, Ishida Uryuu, Haruno Sakura, Inoue Orihime, etc.)
    4. Both have enormously overpowered protagonists and ridiculously unbalanced villains.
    5. They, along with One Piece, are of the three legitimate successors to the shounen legacy Dragonball Z left behind.

Bleach is crashing fast, in my opinion, but Naruto keeps getting better. ^_^
    Last edited by Saint Mana; 05-16-2007 at 07:56 PM.
    Mankind's greatest achievment? Dragonball Z. Bar none.

Senior Member nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-09-2008 02:33 PM
    Threads

What DOESN'T make them famous??? They're totally awesometacular! Ya gotta love the comedy, characters, story plot...EVERYTHING!!!
    Awesome siggy from Serated-chan! ♥
    Awesome siggy from Angelic-chan! ♥

Aritzia Lyne Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet has a reputation beyond repute Sobriquet's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2008 09:11 AM
    Threads

In my opinion, I think both these animes have interesting plots and the characters are lovable. Furthermore, it goes in a normal or fast pace unlike some other animes.

Much love to Jagan Eye for the lovely set. <3

Owned by Pyro <3 *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2007 09:22 PM
    Threads

too easy.
    bleach and naruto are famous because of all the delicious bishies. of course!
    and a good plot line (i suppose XD)

"Idle hands are the devil's playground..."

Domo Army Victim Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2010 03:42 PM
    Threads

Disagree wholeheartedly. For me, Bleach has been getting better and better, and I cannot even stand to watch Naruto anymore.

As for why they are famous, I would say that it is mostly because of the JUMP thing, but there is probably others. Naruto is famous because it is such an overwhelming success, whereas Bleach is famous for its quality.

Senior Member Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2008 12:29 AM
    Threads

Even I have to admit, although I really like Naruto, it eventually became more like Dragonball Z rather than ninja fights, and by that I mean flying and using simular energy based attacks (refer to the "Lost Episode" for an example). I prefer the Rurouni Kenshin style fighting it exibits sometimes over the DBZ stuff myself.
    Fight cruelty with kindness and hatred with love. If you can do that, you are undefeatable.

I want to take off your blindfolds you have grown so accustomed to to show you the people who love you and the good world you seek have been with you the whole time.

10/31/07 Koshiro discovers that making blogs are fun. ^_^

Fallen Soldier from Hell Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2008 08:40 AM
    Threads

...shonen jump...
    Are you Experienced?

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Allow me.
    The reeeaaaall reason Naruto is popular?

Ninja's.

Thats the only reason. Otaku are obsessed with Ninja. Grant it 2 out of 3 of the best characters in that show aren't even Ninja (I of course refer to Bruce Lee, Master Roshi's cousin the Frog Hermit. And the ninja was Mr. Miyagi and his Infernape)

As for Bleach...
    Well...Bleach is just good. Grant it, I haven't watched it in a while, because the crappy Bounto Arch killed my drive to care.

I really like Naruto, it eventually became more like Dragonball Z rather than ninja fights
    Wait...Since when did Naruto have Ninja fights? I thought they were Z Fighters....Who just called themselves Ninja for lulz.
    Last edited by -Batman-; 05-23-2007 at 01:15 PM.

Domo Army Victim Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2010 03:42 PM
    Threads

For some reason them calling themselves ninjas, despite doing no ninja activity makes the show popular. All the characters in Naruto could learn a thing or two from Schwarz Bruder from G-Gundam in terms of being good ninjas.

Bleach is good, and probably popular as a result, because they develop more characters in more depth, and gives you a reason to feel more strongly for the characters, without going into endless back-story and flashbacks, like in Naruto.

The two armed man!!! Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose has a reputation beyond repute Zanethose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2009 11:14 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pita26

alright, ill be honest, im one of those fans of less mainstream anime and magna. For example, i am a huge fan of Ragnarok and the FFVII anime's (which havent even released in America by the way). However i still like some mainstream anime (Bebop, Trigun, Wolves Rain....) So basically, in my opinion, they are popular because they are mainstream SJ (Shonen Jump) titles, which always become popular, whether they are good or not. For example, Dragon Ball Z is the same story,over and over and over and overand over.

Oh look! the world is in danger! Oh no! Something bad happened! use the dragon balls!

And anybody who disagrees with me on that, i want one example of where that doesnt happen.

But anyway, at least Naruto and Bleach have storylines that dont consist of, well, that (the whole "world is in danger, save it" thing over and over) And at least they have potential. I am a fan of both, and i hope the best for both, but in my opinion, Naruto's anime is pretty bad and from book 8 on the magna isnt too great either. Bleach on the other hand, seems to be fairly well on both aspects.
    Last edited by Zanethose; 05-23-2007 at 03:45 PM.
    My art thread.
    My Deviant Art page.

Thanks for the avvy and sig Bucky Katt!
    Are you a fan?

Youthful member GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2007 09:50 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by -Deadpool- View Post
    Allow me.
    The reeeaaaall reason Naruto is popular?

Ninja's.

Thats the only reason. Otaku are obsessed with Ninja.
    NO. Not necessarily.
    I hate ninjas, to be honest and I have no interest whatsoever in shinigami or samurai.
    The reason why I hate them is simply becauase I feel they're overdone when it comes to anime. So the ninja/samurai thing wasn't what got me into the stories.

The beginning of the manga is what got me into it (only to be disappointed when I actually sat down to watch the english versions of course)

Member yamichik is on a distinguished road yamichik's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2007 02:55 PM
    Threads

Exclamation

I think Naruto in particular is so popular because like somone said earlier, people seem to really like the whole 'underdog hero on a quest for greatness' plot. The action is nonstop and there's all the cool techniques and stuff to learn about. It's a fun show to get into I guess, there's plenty to keep track of and talk about.

Personally though... I love cute animes, and Naruto has some of the cutest character designs I've ever seen in an anime! That's mostly the reason I watch it occasionally. I like the characters more so than any of the fighting and stuff.
    *~ Don't judge me if you don't know me ~*

*~ Give me face ~*

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by GaiSensei View Post
    NO. Not necessarily.
    Yeah, pretty much.
    You aren't the majority, you're one person.
    Most Otaku are programmed to love Ninja. They can't help it mind you.

Senior Member shakkun has a reputation beyond repute shakkun has a reputation beyond repute shakkun has a reputation beyond repute shakkun has a reputation beyond repute shakkun has a reputation beyond repute shakkun has a reputation beyond repute shakkun has a reputation beyond repute shakkun has a reputation beyond repute shakkun has a reputation beyond repute shakkun has a reputation beyond repute shakkun has a reputation beyond repute shakkun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2007 06:07 PM
    Threads

um.. most of ninjutsu is the coolest ninjutsu I guess.. hm.. maybe not all of ninjutsu

Keiko here~~~ Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2009 05:46 PM
    Threads

Naruto and bleach taps into the part of us where we wish one day we could wield zanpakutos or show ninjutsus, and behind all that, these so-called supernatural beings are still humans, still capable of humanlike emotion, which is similar to us. I think that's the main reason... Because I feel that way.
    Last edited by Interpreter; 06-11-2007 at 05:03 AM.
    Legend_S. Forever a great friend, will never forget you. R.I.P.

Made by dearest sis akari_aurion! XP Arigatou ne~

Senior Member Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2009 10:01 PM
    Threads

Naruto and Bleach kind of offer your imagination a playground. It appeals to both boys and girls by not being over brute-like when it comes to the fighting and not overly fluffy when it comes to little romance spoofs. Plus, like someone said earlier...

Ninjas.

Youthful member GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2007 09:50 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Anpan Hayase View Post
    Naruto and Bleach kind of offer your imagination a playground. It appeals to both boys and girls by not being over brute-like when it comes to the fighting and not overly fluffy when it comes to little romance spoofs. Plus, like someone said earlier...

Ninjas.
    Aww =(

It looks like I'm the only one who doesn't care about ninjas.
    Don't get me wrong, I liked them back when I was a little girl in the fourth grade. xD

Digital Plague demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2012 02:19 AM
    Threads

bleach isnt crashing, they have a movie out, and over 160 episodes. and Naruto has what three movies out and another being worked on.
    I think they are popular because the main characters are working to just to be happy. even in the new Naruto episodes he is still trying to find his own place, and the same with Ichigo.
    [my stuff] I make my sigs.
    When one bad reps, its a common curtsy to leave one's name. So one can return the favor, in kind.
    [It is your responsibility to keep up the the Magna not mine, so don't be mad at me if you "think" this gives something away.]
    MySpace FaceBook
    Those with a destiny must be sure of themselves and their purpose. If their motivations are not pure, then they may not be the right person to lead the cause.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2008 01:18 PM
    Threads

Naruto is popular becuz of ninjas. And the characters.
    Otakus love the attractive characters in animes. I admit I'm one of them.

Bleach. Now thats a freakin' show. I still think the fight scene between Byakuya and Ichigo was the best I've seen in the show. The swords give it a boost in popularity. The characters too.
    Both are also in Cartoon Network. That pretty much blasted both to popularity. I learned of Naruto from CN.
    What's this for....

Closed Thread

Thread Information