AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Recommended me some anime please

Junior Member murlocke is on a distinguished road murlocke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2007 07:07 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Recommended me some anime please

I've been bored lately and I'm running out of anime to watch.. Don't feel like getting anime that won't be worth watching, so I decided to post and ask what is good, and worth time

Anime I've seen:
    Samurai Champloo
    Cowboy Bebop
    S-cry-ed
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Inuyasha
    Bleach
    Ninja Scroll
    Akira
    Elfen Lied
    Gantz
    Death Note
    Eureka Seven
    Fullmetal Alchemist

Can anyone tell me some good anime, other then the ones above (even though some wernt that good). Please don't recommend Naruto.. To childish in my opinion.
    Last edited by murlocke; 05-14-2007 at 01:31 AM.

Senior Member black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26 has a reputation beyond repute black26's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2007 05:39 AM
    Threads

peace maker!!!
    everybody lies!!

Member mabudachi_trio has a brilliant future mabudachi_trio has a brilliant future mabudachi_trio has a brilliant future mabudachi_trio has a brilliant future mabudachi_trio has a brilliant future mabudachi_trio has a brilliant future mabudachi_trio has a brilliant future mabudachi_trio has a brilliant future mabudachi_trio has a brilliant future mabudachi_trio has a brilliant future mabudachi_trio has a brilliant future mabudachi_trio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2007 02:29 AM
    Threads

How about Rurouni Kenshin? ^.^

"Even if this was deep. Even if this was really, really deep in the Earth...The sun's not what I'd wish for..."

HTC love MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2009 12:42 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by black26 View Post
    peace maker!!!
    I second that! If you liked NGE for the character development and like samurai settings and LESS angst, PeaceMaker Kurogane is your anime.

Saikano for romance and nearly unparalleled character development. It is a sad anime that focuses on the romance between the leads and has mecha (well kind of) in the center of the story.

Ghost In The Shell : Stand Alone Complex is enjoyable and has several deeper meanings. You might love it like me XD.

Other NGE-ish animes that are great are : RahXephon, Fafner and ArgentoSoma.

Chrono Crusade is an action comedy that you might enjoy.

Cheers!

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

In terms of thrillers, Monster is unbeatable. Great ongoing storyline with strong, well developed characters. If you liked Elfen Lied and Death Note, Monster will blow them away.

Sci-Fi and Mecha/Conspiracy wise, Argentosoma is a good bet. With some good characters that are harsh and realistic, it's also a good choice.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks for the lists, nice and fast responses

I'll be sure to check them out, feel free to list more shows

Member silvernutbar is a jewel in the rough silvernutbar is a jewel in the rough silvernutbar is a jewel in the rough silvernutbar is a jewel in the rough silvernutbar's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2007 05:10 PM
    in that place with a roof, walls, and a tv.
    Threads

WEll, there's always BASTARD!! ufo ultra maiden valkyrie, slayers,sorceror hunters, and the record of lodoss war series'.

I personally like the guyver series, heck they even turned that thing into n amaerican live acion movie starring mark hamil as the guyver. freaking cheesy and hilarious, despite it's original heavy subject matter. They managed to create a sequeal too, I believe that one was actually better.

The anime is still better than either live action movie though, and they've just released a remake, not a digital remastering, but entire re-do of the entire series. new art and storyline. it freaking rocks.

another one some like, and other's don't is shadow skill.

have you seen ronin warriors? ranma 1/2? urusei yatsura?

excel saga.. um lessee, there's like thousands of anime, and least a few hundred are good.

for sci-fi try locke the super man.

For just plain odd, and interesting go for s.h.i.n.e.s.m.a.n.

The storyline is like a parody of all the multi-colored sentai heroes like power rangers, sailor moon, and such.

they use the dumbest special weapons ever, and everyone but the main character chose the lamest colors ever..

I mean .... 'cmon shinesman sepia? shinesman moss green! Shinesman salmon pink! shinesman grey!

shinesman...red.

lol.

the enemies are hilarious, and there's a ton of insider jokes involved.

I'd highly recommend shinesman.

theres also daiguard. office workers.. saving the world!

bubble gum crisis..
    fist of the north star..

i'm going to stop now...
    Shop smart.. shop s-mart! Especially if you want classic anime and random crap. (I ain't s-mart.. but it'll do. lol. Rock Bands Unlimited! Online Shopping, music, anime, and more!

Member mabudachi_trio has a brilliant future mabudachi_trio has a brilliant future mabudachi_trio has a brilliant future mabudachi_trio has a brilliant future mabudachi_trio has a brilliant future mabudachi_trio has a brilliant future mabudachi_trio has a brilliant future mabudachi_trio has a brilliant future mabudachi_trio has a brilliant future mabudachi_trio has a brilliant future mabudachi_trio has a brilliant future mabudachi_trio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2007 02:29 AM
    Threads

Ooh and Trigun. Trigun's good.

"Even if this was deep. Even if this was really, really deep in the Earth...The sun's not what I'd wish for..."

Member silvernutbar is a jewel in the rough silvernutbar is a jewel in the rough silvernutbar is a jewel in the rough silvernutbar is a jewel in the rough silvernutbar's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2007 05:10 PM
    in that place with a roof, walls, and a tv.
    Threads

oh yeah definately trigun. and outlaw star! aisha clan-clan... can be a nice kitty if only I could tame her. lol

also, DUAL! parallel adventure or whatever it's called.. and all purpose cultural cat girl nuku nuku. cutey honey... um hmm oh real bout high school is cool.
    no one mentioned tenchi muyo did they?
    Shop smart.. shop s-mart! Especially if you want classic anime and random crap. (I ain't s-mart.. but it'll do. lol. Rock Bands Unlimited! Online Shopping, music, anime, and more!

Senior Member mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu has much to be proud of mr pantsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2008 08:51 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by SGI View Post
    In terms of thrillers, Monster is unbeatable. Great ongoing storyline with strong, well developed characters. If you liked Elfen Lied and Death Note, Monster will blow them away.
    listen to this guy, he knows his animes, viva la monster!!!!

-d-
    MR PANTSU FOR PRESIDENT!!
    Mr Pantsu's has watched list
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MrPantsu

aka. darky-chan darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2007 06:19 AM
    Threads

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni prehaps, a tinge of horror in that. Psychological would be Jigoku Shoujo. Comedy/Romance, Ouran Host High School Club.
    GONE, Goodbye.

Patapon Warrior zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2009 11:27 PM
    Threads

you like samurai champloo..??
    i would recommend, samurai 7, again..
    definitely action stuff, with cool storyline..

Senior Member Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2008 10:54 AM
    Threads

If you want a really funny anime, you should really watch Azumanga Daioh.
    This anime is so perfect, 26 episodes of humor
    oh, and if you liked Elfen Lied, I can recommend Darker Than Black, it's a new super-natural anime ^^

I like my sig, thank you Jagan Eye ^^

Kuso Saniwa _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_'s Avatar
    Gil
    Torn
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube 025 - Pikachu Moon Crystal Locket
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2017 12:20 AM
    Threads

-Naruto
    -NANA
    -Azumanga Daioh (agree with Crippe)
    -School Rumble
    -Tsubasa Chronicles
    -Magic Knight Rayearth

Most recommended!!!:
    -GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka)
    Used to be known as cool_tria_anime.
    「今宵の俺は血に飢えている…ってな」

Illustration credit: banafria @ tumblr

Junior Member xierba will become famous soon enough xierba's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2007 08:47 AM
    Threads

nana,..u'll love this anime

Senior Member Kuga has a reputation beyond repute Kuga has a reputation beyond repute Kuga has a reputation beyond repute Kuga has a reputation beyond repute Kuga has a reputation beyond repute Kuga has a reputation beyond repute Kuga has a reputation beyond repute Kuga has a reputation beyond repute Kuga has a reputation beyond repute Kuga has a reputation beyond repute Kuga has a reputation beyond repute Kuga's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2011 10:33 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dead--Fantasy

I recommend that you watch Ergo Proxy. It's really strange but good.. the same company who created Samurai Champloo made this as well.

Mai HiME's good as well.. if you like an anime with a dash of comedy and more angst.

We don't always get what we want. Cherish what you have.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm more into the action-type animes. Sword swinging, gun shooting, etc etc.

However, I do like a bit of "love" in the anime. (Eureka Seven is my favorite anime, Bleach is my second, Elfen Lied might possibly be my 3rd.)

However without the action/fights, I cant really keep watching, I get bored .

Samurai, Guns, Superpowers (As in like bleach, inuyasha, Elfen Lied). I don't think I could watch a comedy anime, or a total love story anime. I'm also not really into Mechs.

Anymore suggestions, Thanks

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Action huh? Well Chrno Crusade and Peace Maker were already mentioned. You might want to pick up Gunslinger Girl. Even though I haven't watched it, I hear that its a mildly violent anime that explores the nature of killing. Also noteworthy is Burst Angel, even though the ending is a bit anticlimatic.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post
    Action huh? Well Chrno Crusade and Peace Maker were already mentioned. You might want to pick up Gunslinger Girl. Even though I haven't watched it, I hear that its a mildly violent anime that explores the nature of killing. Also noteworthy is Burst Angel, even though the ending is a bit anticlimatic.
    I'll give CC and PM a try. I'll also try Gunslinger Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Crippe View Post
    If you want a really funny anime, you should really watch Azumanga Daioh.
    This anime is so perfect, 26 episodes of humor
    oh, and if you liked Elfen Lied, I can recommend Darker Than Black, it's a new super-natural anime ^^
    Darker Than Black is awesome, thank you for recommending it, i've never heard of it until now and it is really good.

Senior Member fallen star has a reputation beyond repute fallen star has a reputation beyond repute fallen star has a reputation beyond repute fallen star has a reputation beyond repute fallen star has a reputation beyond repute fallen star has a reputation beyond repute fallen star has a reputation beyond repute fallen star has a reputation beyond repute fallen star has a reputation beyond repute fallen star has a reputation beyond repute fallen star has a reputation beyond repute fallen star's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2008 12:13 PM
    Threads

lol hmmm... Hellsing is a very nice anime if u like secret military societies and vampiers owned by humans and nice big guns you'll luv this anime and also witch hunter robin very mysterious

fallen star

My older sis - The Little girl
    My hyper/skittles #1 fan/ lil sis- AnimeLegend713
    My blackhaired/black eyes/lil bro- [/COLOR][/COLOR]jump_for_luck77

Stick Master unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2010 02:51 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by mabudachi_trio View Post
    Ooh and Trigun. Trigun's good.
    I can't believe it took people this many posts before listing it.
    Trigun is the stuff man.

try full metal panic also.
    and elfen lied. f0 sh0 some elfen lied.

Get crazy with the cheezwiz

[I like cookies & beer]

Domo Army Victim Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2010 03:42 PM
    Threads

I personally cannot possibly recommend Black Lagoon enough. It is the only anime from the last couple of years (minus Eureka Seven and One Piece) that I can watch all the way through in one sitting. It is totally awesome, from the hard rock opening, to the tough characters, to the amazing animation. That is my vote.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigami Ichigo View Post
    I personally cannot possibly recommend Black Lagoon enough. It is the only anime from the last couple of years (minus Eureka Seven and One Piece) that I can watch all the way through in one sitting. It is totally awesome, from the hard rock opening, to the tough characters, to the amazing animation. That is my vote.
    Seems like we like the same stuff, so i'm gonna give both one piece and black lagoon a try. You watched eureka seven (52 episodes) in one sitting? Damn.. I thought I was bad watching 30 episodes a day for 3 days when I first got into bleach.
    EDIT: One piece is 300 episodes and you watched it in one sitting?!?!!?

Quote Originally Posted by unspun View Post
    I can't believe it took people this many posts before listing it.
    Trigun is the stuff man.

try full metal panic also.
    and elfen lied. f0 sh0 some elfen lied.
    I listed elfen lied Its my 3rd favorite anime. To bad it was only 13 episodes and a OVA though! For some reason I don't like Trigun, i've seen it on Adult Swim (the english dub versions usually suck though). I guess I can give the Japanese version a try. Part of the reason I don't enjoy it much because I just don't agree with the main character at all, and his discisions to not shoot when hes in danger, which puts him and others at even greater danger.
    Last edited by murlocke; 05-19-2007 at 06:54 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

This might be a stupid question but in what order do I watch hellsing, Its 13 episodes and 3 OVAs.

13 episodes first then the 3 OVAs?

Stick Master unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2010 02:51 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by murlocke View Post

I listed elfen lied Its my 3rd favorite anime. For some reason I don't like Trigun,.

oh man I am SO sorry, I posted this half reading what you wrote because I was tired.

my husband absolutely loves trigun, but the eng version is plenty alright in my humble opinion, so you probably won't like the jap version either.

I think I said Full Metal panic already, that's a really good one. Dn Angel is a really good one. I'll have to think of more. I haven't seen a whole lot myself. How about Appleseed? that's an anime movie, it's really good though, OOOOH and Outlaw Star!! yeah, that's a really really good one, old, but good.
    Last edited by unspun; 05-19-2007 at 09:11 AM.

Get crazy with the cheezwiz

[I like cookies & beer]

Closed Thread

Thread Information