AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anime Conventions

Senior Member keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2007 04:59 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: dont have one yet

Default Anime Conventions

Recently just yesterday i went to my first anime convention. it was fun/scary/funny! haha... people wore super awsome costumes or really uncomfortable looking costumes yet they do it for the love of anime (or the chance of getting their picture posted in an anime mag.) what are your conventions like what was your first convention like? i hadnt seen so much expensive stuff in one building at the same time. Ever! thnx goodness i had enough money it was like i had an unlimited amount but it turns out i just got the cheaper stuff... i looooved artist alley i hadnt seen so many artists in one place either. (my convention was in Rosemont) id go again but not every year.
    Your mothers so fat even naruto doesnt beleive it!
    keokosart

Digital Plague bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2007 07:47 AM
    Threads

Dude this is not a chat ,if you want someone to post just wait -_-.Looks like you can't wait 15 minutes.

Anyway I haven't been to a A-con yet -_-.

Member xHatakexTanyarix has a spectacular aura about xHatakexTanyarix has a spectacular aura about xHatakexTanyarix's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-30-2007 04:27 PM
    Charleston, aka the middle of freakin nowhere.
    Threads

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by keoko View Post
    Recently just yesterday i went to my first anime convention. it was fun/scary/funny! haha... people wore super awsome costumes or really uncomfortable looking costumes yet they do it for the love of anime (or the chance of getting their picture posted in an anime mag.) what are your conventions like what was your first convention like? i hadnt seen so much expensive stuff in one building at the same time. Ever! thnx goodness i had enough money it was like i had an unlimited amount but it turns out i just got the cheaper stuff... i looooved artist alley i hadnt seen so many artists in one place either. (my convention was in Rosemont) id go again but not every year.
    YOU WENT TO ACen TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wasn't it amazing!!!!!!!! I've been twice so far, but I'll keep going... Even though I am headed off to college in a few months... ^^;; Lucky classes are out before May there... Did you cosplay??

IReita!

Senior Member ~*Dizzy*~ has much to be proud of ~*Dizzy*~ has much to be proud of ~*Dizzy*~ has much to be proud of ~*Dizzy*~ has much to be proud of ~*Dizzy*~ has much to be proud of ~*Dizzy*~ has much to be proud of ~*Dizzy*~ has much to be proud of ~*Dizzy*~ has much to be proud of ~*Dizzy*~ has much to be proud of ~*Dizzy*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2008 09:14 PM
    Threads

I've been to one anime con before. It was Jafax, last year. ;D
    I didn't cosplay, but two of my friends did. They went as Edward Elric, and Walter from FMA and Hellsing.
    Well, yeah, I'm most likely going to two more this year.
    I'm going to cosplay as Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club. :3 And maybe a female Elvaan from Final Fantasy Online.
    But, the Jafax anime con was too fun. <3

Senior Member nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl has a reputation beyond repute nekogrl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-09-2008 02:33 PM
    Threads

I've never been to an anime con...TTxTT I wanna go to one soon! I think I have a chance of going to one in october...But it's kinda far away so I'm thinking that I might not get to go either. I'll have to wait and see. But I don't think I'll cosplay if I go.
    Awesome siggy from Serated-chan! ♥
    Awesome siggy from Angelic-chan! ♥

Her nickname at age 11. Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti has a reputation beyond repute Reniti's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2010 05:44 PM
    Threads

I've actually never been to one. I want to, so badly! Then again, I am just twelve... and my parents don't know about all the anime-related sites I go on, like AF. >_<

BuLmA's Neighbor DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2009 11:43 PM
    Threads

I haven't been to a Con yet either, but I know that I'm going to KawaiiCon in Honolulu next April!!

If it still exists....

Peace!
    DaSOCOM

New Bro : Anime Master
    Cute lil' sis: zyronet
    My son: kingdomhearts_tom (boy do I feel old now...)
    cool sister: ~*midnight_serenity*~
    wikked (as in wikkedly awesome) sis: ~*Lady_Kikyou*~
    long-lost brother: lordrellik8
    Da Cousin: Kawairashii hikari
    Smarter Older Sister: Capernicus
    Cute Widdle Daughter: Kitsune~girl
    The Neighbor:BuLmA`
    Death Princess on hold due to life.

Junior Member Hagaren Otaku is a splendid one to behold Hagaren Otaku is a splendid one to behold Hagaren Otaku is a splendid one to behold Hagaren Otaku is a splendid one to behold Hagaren Otaku is a splendid one to behold Hagaren Otaku is a splendid one to behold Hagaren Otaku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2007 08:36 AM
    Threads

Anime conventions are amazing =D

It's like "WOAH." especially when you've never been to one before. I didn't realize that there were THAT many people that loved anime as much I as I did before I went to Anime Expo 2006. I've only been to 3 cons in all (Anime Expo 2006, Ani-Jam 2006, and Sac-Anime Jan 2007), but they were all amazing. Especially AX. I was constantly going O_O O_O!!!!!! the whole time XD

I'm going to cosplay to Anime Expo 2007 (Nekozawa from Ouran, Yuki Nagato from Haruhi Suzumiya <3), so I can't wait until June 29...

Senior Member keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko is a splendid one to behold keoko's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

whoa....i got my first negative rep... not cool
    keokosart

Senior Member Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase has a reputation beyond repute Anpan Hayase's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2009 10:01 PM
    Threads

I'm the person taking pictures. I like dressing up and all but I feel exposed. Like, putting on a costume gives people the right to judge you. I mean, I admire the people that are just like, 'What the heck? I may never get to do this again.'

But yeah, my first anime convention was CRAZY. I was lost. It was cool though because a Japanese Band came after the convention to this thing my city has locally. I think the band was Dir En Grey. I was surprised to see they came but I was scared when the lead singer started to scratch himself on stage.

hit with insane stick razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2007 01:37 PM
    Threads

I've always wanted to go to one, just to see how insane it gets =P
    A SPLENDIFOURUS SITE FOR VIDEO GAME LOVERS.. Or so I would like to think XD Please click the banner.

i love random pms! they tickle

random pms: 15
    more please?

Member xHatakexTanyarix has a spectacular aura about xHatakexTanyarix has a spectacular aura about xHatakexTanyarix's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Dir en Grey is amazing!! They're coming back to Chicago on the 15th. I'm getting backstage passes!!

I was fortunate enough to see them in February, on the day of the major blizzard... The day I was waiting in the blizzard for 4 hours... ^^;; It was sooooooooo worth it!! I caught a pic!! ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ (Toshiya's)

IReita!

Senior Member bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-15-2014 09:29 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: bardabe

I went to Anime Expo 2005. I can only describe it in eh 1 word "SCARY!" i mean it was scary how awesome it was. not to mention all the cute asian girls. =] woot woot ha ha I managed to get 1 good picture of someone that really looked like Rikku. he he. i wanna marry her lol it's like oh man I didn;t even get her number. but looking at this pic just man. ha ha she is AWESOME! well conventions are awesome........
    Under construction.

Senior Member Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome! has a reputation beyond repute Niome!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2007 02:31 AM
    Atlantis, in the Depen Inn having a drink with Barbarossa
    Threads

Wow thats a cute picture of Rikku, the asian features don't detract either.

I would love to got a Convention and dress up as Haku from Naruto.

Also Keoke ignore the bad reputations and comments, you bring diversity to the Miscellaneous, meh to them...
    "Gotta take the good with the bad, smile to the sad, love what you got and remember what you had." - Project Pat

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by xHatakexTanyarix View Post
    YOU WENT TO ACen TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wasn't it amazing!!!!!!!! I've been twice so far, but I'll keep going... Even though I am headed off to college in a few months... ^^;; Lucky classes are out before May there... Did you cosplay??
    sadly i was too embarassed to even think of cosplaying. i at first thought it was outrageous i thought they looked weird dressing up like that. when i came face to face with some cosplayers that changed it was suddenly fun (even though i wasnt cosplaying) People wanted to take pictures and i wondered if i got this cool get up who would wanna take a pic with me! (no prevs please) Ha Ha haaa....=_=; Anyway its cool to know someone on AF went to ACEN too.
    keokosart

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Holy smokes that is one of the best cosplayers I've ever seen, she looks pretty much exactly like Rikku. I seen one pretty good Chun Li but this takes the cake.

FrownieBrownie [Feiry] smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010 has a reputation beyond repute smile1010's Avatar
    Gil
    Roflol
    Gifts Melon Pan Witch Hat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2021 11:43 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: supersmile1010

Default Oh me oh my.

Honestly
    I'm not a big fan of Cosplay.
    Once again, amazing props to the talented Paprika!!

This smile kills....

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by keoko View Post
    sadly i was too embarassed to even think of cosplaying. i at first thought it was outrageous i thought they looked weird dressing up like that. when i came face to face with some cosplayers that changed it was suddenly fun (even though i wasnt cosplaying) People wanted to take pictures and i wondered if i got this cool get up who would wanna take a pic with me! (no prevs please) Ha Ha haaa....=_=; Anyway its cool to know someone on AF went to ACEN too.
    it's always good to find people that went to the same converntion as you, lol. Hmmm... Let's see if I can find any of the good cosplayers on my comp... Kuso! All of my pics are too big... I'll resize them later, then post.

IReita!

Idolizing J.Skellington. hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2007 01:12 AM
    Threads

The first and only so far Anime convention was the Anime Expo 2006 in Anaheim, CA. It would be nice to find someone who goes to that one so I'm not so alone with my father as he laughs to himself at all the amazing costumes. But he enjoyed it so I am glad. ^_^ So if anyone plans to go next year, please PM me!!

Youthful member GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei has a reputation beyond repute GaiSensei's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2007 09:50 PM
    Threads

I can only go to Cons in Florida

But they are SO MUCH fun. Megacon in Orlando is always awesome, Jacon is okay, and next up is Metrocon in Tampa on July 4th.
    Anyone coming? ^^

Ice Maiden Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Chibi-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2007 03:03 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Dizzy*~ View Post
    I've been to one anime con before. It was Jafax, last year. ;D

I didn't cosplay, but two of my friends did. They went as Edward Elric, and Walter from FMA and Hellsing.
    Well, yeah, I'm most likely going to two more this year.
    I'm going to cosplay as Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club. :3 And maybe a female Elvaan from Final Fantasy Online.

But, the Jafax anime con was too fun. <3
    *points* You went to JaFAX! Holy crap...somebody else who knows what it is and has been there. You are the first one I've come across. Everytime I mention it, nobody knows what it is. Heh...Did you happen to see the person cosplaying Jack Sparrow 'on vacation'? That one was fun.

I go to JaFAX every year and I'm definately planning on it this year. It's the only convention that my friends and I can get to and we make sure we go both days. Hehe. I always blow every cent that I have at that place. This year I'm going to have over $135 to spend! *does a jig* And apparently, according to my friends, I'm going as a ganguro girl...

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel has a reputation beyond repute Shotel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2008 01:18 PM
    Threads

WHoa Rikku. I wanna go to a convention but I've never heard of one coming to Chicago.
    What's this for....

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

posting some pictures you took from conventions would be cool...
    keokosart

Junior Member ketaisuno<3gaara is on a distinguished road ketaisuno<3gaara's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2007 04:09 AM
    Threads

i have never been to a con. though in august im going to one with my friends in coralville, ia it will be so fun we got a dance down and sttuff... we are going as a naruto gang lol...
    medical neenja of ramen

quote of the day ' Benevalent dictatorship- i will take your opinions until they are not the same as mine.'

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I cosplayed as Tohru from Fruit's Basket once at my first con and people would point, "oh, my God! That's Tohru." I got that a lot. It was a good thing my contacts came in before the con because then I would have been the nerdy version of her. (No such thing.) But I did look a lot like her. The hair especially.

Closed Thread

Thread Information