Disclaimer: I own NOTHING!!!!! Well… obviously the plot. Other than that, I don’t own Naruto and the song “We Belong”. XD But IF I did own Naruto, Sakura would be dead, Naruto and Hinata would be a couple and all the yaoi-ness, yuri-ness and crack-ness that people think about in fandom would be reality!!!! Except for those that include Sakura x Anyone!!!!

Author’s Note: A Naruto x Hinata song fic!!! The song is “We Belong” by Toni Gonzaga, her version of Utada Hikaru’s “First Love”. XD Please read and review!!! Oh and sorry about the crappy title… I don’t even think it fits the story.. but I really couldn’t think of anything else… Sorry!!! XD

Summary: Naruto and Hinata are on a date! Hinata is determined to tell Naruto what she really feels before their night is over. Will she be able to tell him? Or will it have to wait for another day. My first ever song fic. The song is “We Belong” by Toni Gonzaga. R&R!!!

Sentences in italics are Hinata’s thoughts.

Sentences in that are in bold are the song lyrics.

----------

A DATE

----------

I am Hyuuga Hinata.

Heiress to the Hyuuga family.

Daughter of Hyuuga Hiashi.

Older sister of Hyuuga Hanabi.

Cousin of Hyuuga Neji.

Lover of… Uzumaki Naruto. Or so I fantasize.

----------

“N-N-Naruto-kun…” I feebly whispered to Naruto while he was eating his ramen. We were both at Ichiraku, eating free ramen because of Sakura and Ino.

He looked at me with his blue eyes and with that, I felt my face turn red. “Nani, Hinata-chan?” he asked.

“I w-want t-to t-t-tell you s-s-something…” I said, my voice shaking.

“Is something wrong?” he asked with sympathy.

I felt his hand atop of mine, which made it more difficult. He was smiling at me with that childish grin he always has on his face, making me re-think about what I was going to say to him.

What if he doesn’t understand what I’m going to say? Maybe he’ll think of it as a joke. Maybe he’ll shrug it off. But, what will happen after that?

“Uh… W-would you l-like to h-have m-my r-r-ramen?” I stuttered, removing my hand from under his and hastily giving him my bowl of ramen. It slipped from my grip and fell to the floor with a crash.

“Ouch!” I shouted. I held my hand against my chest as it started to turn red. Naruto’s eyes widened with shock and then, without warning, he took my hand and blew on it.

“N-N-Naruto-kun??” I asked with mixed emotions. I gazed at him as he continued to blow on my hand. I knew what he was doing was a stupid thing to do, but deep inside, I felt delighted that he cared enough for me to do this.

Naruto-kun… How sweet and caring of you… I feel so happy that you care for me this much. Naruto-kun… thank you…

Naruto looked at the now shattered bowl of ramen on the floor. He looked at me afterwards, smiled and said, “Don’t worry, at least nothing worst happened…”

“Ah!! Gomen, Ayame-chan… We kinda spilled some ramen on the floor…”

“No worries Naruto! But YOU have to pay for that!!!”

“Nani!!!!!!!! I have no more money!! I didn’t bring any because Sakura-chan said it was her treat!!”

“Just a joke Naruto!! I’ll be sure to ask Sakura for the payment.”

We left Ichiraku after Naruto had finished eating his last bowl of ramen. I happily listened to him ramble about being the next Hokage after Tsunade-sama and getting the attention of every person in Konoha who shunned him when he was young.

Naruto-kun… I… I never shunned you… I never did that to you… I admit that I never tried to defend you in anyway possible… I admire you from afar. The confidence you had, how you faced everyone… I always admired those traits of yours… I always did.

We walked on, with Naruto still talking about his dreams and me still listening. Inside, I was still contemplating if I would tell Naruto what I really felt about him.

I’ve tried to tell you
So many times this feeling of mine
But it’s not that easy
Letting you know
How I love you so

I felt happy just by being beside Naruto. He continued to talk about himself and then suddenly, about what his future will be. I stopped in my tracks when I heard him say the word “Future…”

Am I apart of your future??? Maybe not… You never did have feelings for me. You love Sakura-chan more than me…

Naruto turned to me when he felt that I wasn’t beside him anymore. He saw me a couple of feet behind him, my eyes seemingly wandering somewhere faraway.

“Hinata-chan?”

His voice snapped me back into reality.

I was never myself when being near Naruto. Today seemed to be an exception though. I haven’t fainted on him yet… Naruto-kun…

Complete me, you complete me
I’ve never felt this way
Complete me, you complete me
Like words and melody

“Uh… N-N-Naruto-kun?”

“Nani?”

I hesitated. I didn’t want him to think I was being nosy about his life. “Uh… nothing…” I said, trying to flash a smile so he wouldn’t worry.

Why am I scared? I can’t tell him what I really feel… I want to… but… I can’t… I just can’t…

Don’t you know that we both belong, baby
Don’t you know that we will last forever
Don’t you know that we both belong
I knew it from the start
We belong

Cold droplets fell on me. I looked up and saw that it was raining lightly. Naruto took my hand and quickly dragged me under a tree. Both of us were already wet because of the rain but I really didn’t mind. As long as I was beside Naruto, everything was okay.

“Hinata-chan.”

I was totally taken aback when Naruto suddenly hugged me. I felt warmth coming from him and suddenly, I blurted out what I wanted to tell him since the day I saw him.

“Naruto, I love you…”

I half expected Naruto to push me away and stare at me as if saying, “You’re crazy!” but it never came. Instead, he hugged me tighter and whispered, “Yeah… me too…”

Naruto…

Together, you’re my shelter in the pouring rain
I just hope that you will see
You and me we belong

I felt at ease, nestled in Naruto’s arms. The rain continued on, cold wind brushing against my pale skin. I didn’t care one bit. As long as Naruto was beside me, I felt nothing can harm me. Nothing.

I love you…

Don’t you know that we both belong, baby
Don’t you know that we will last forever
Don’t you know that we both belong
I knew it from the start
We belong

----------

Author’s Note: Does Naruto seem too OOC?? He seems too OOC… Even Hinata… Oh well. XD R&R people!!! It didn’t make any sense!!! NOO!!! –cries in a corner with a label that says “danie-chan’s EMO corner”- It DIDN’T MAKE ANY SENSE!!!

~danie-chan~