dont know how many people will actually read and comment on this but here goes.
I sat on my window seat and watched as the sun cracked the darkness of the horizon to fill the sky with light. A tear fell from my coral colored eye as the suns rays kissed my cheek so tenderly. It was the most beautiful sunrise I had ever seen and yet it seemed as even the sun and sky itself were weeping. It has been said that the silence before a war is indescribable. And it truly is uniquely eerie, that a land on the verge of chaos can be so breathtakingly beautiful and yet strike fear deep into the heart like a spear. Gazing longingly at my half drawn sword I wished to be on the frontlines, though my mother tells me in order for us to have any hope of survival I must wait here until she calls for me. I trust her unendingly. It was then that the door of my private quarters was opened. I could tell as my mother walked in that she had been crying. I could see the emotion her eyes. My eyes.
As instructed I followed my followed my mother out of the room.I was taken to the Hall of Summons; it was a place where the kingdoms magic users performed powerful spells and magic particularly summoning. Upon gazing at the primary alter towards the back of the hall I noticed a truly unique magic at use. A Portal had been opened. Shock struck me as I turned to my mother who immediately knew I was about to demand an answer.
“Listen,” she spoke sternly in that soothing way that only a mother can.
“You have one choice. I wish I didn’t have to ask you but you’re the only one capable. Either you take this envelope in my hand, grab those bags and that box, and go through the portal; or turn around and die with the rest of humanity tonight. The fate of everyone is your burden. Please understand that destiny has placed this upon you.”
This was what I was left with. I had one choice to decide the future for me and everyone else, and no time to think. Thus I have chosen to do what’s right without thinking about the consequences. And so I did what any fifteen-year-old girl would do. I followed my mother’s orders and went through the portal.