AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Do you consider people on the Internet to be "true" friends?

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Do you consider people on the Internet to be "true" friends?

I made a thread, the world will now end.

Me? I consider a lot of people of the web to be friends. I know ill never see them unless they happen to live in my country, in my city, in my neighborhood.
    I have a friend on the internet who takes relationships on the internet too seriously though, and its caused her great harm, she pretty much dating this guy who didn't feel the same way, cause, well its the internet, and he had a girlfriend in real life. She took it way too harsh and actually overdosed. And now she's in ANOTHER relationship of this type. I want to tell her that she is really making a bad decision on doing it again, but she, and her "girlfriend" may get mad at me and cause a big fuss. So yeah, I'm stuck, but I don't want to see her kill herself.

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

Senior Member Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings has a reputation beyond repute Scarlet Wings's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2008 05:15 PM
    Threads

Depends on the person. Two of my best friends right now I only know on the internet. One I'm going to meet at this ACen and the other I'm going to stay at their house for a week during the summer ^_^ .. So yes they can be true friends.

AF's moxy foxy furry gal vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2009 06:12 PM
    on the ragged edge of world i'll roam and the home of the wolf will be my home...
    Threads

yeah i guess some of them are alot better and nicer then my real friends the few i have anyways
    im a proud furry =3 you dun like it? kiss muh furry but!! D:<

--my wolf pack-

*is under construction*

Patapon Warrior zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2009 11:27 PM
    Threads

hmm..? this is a hard one..
    I consider them friends.. yep.. friends.. but i dont know, there's nothing wrong with being friends, just friends... this is really a hard one.. well.. i agree with you, bout if i know them and meet them in person. In the internet world you can be anyone you're not... hmm.. I have seen some people living with lies, and it was such.. sad..
    ...what's wrong with being yourself..?

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

Oh sure. But only a select few. I.e. 2. I've been talking to both of them for...god, close to four years. We talk like we've known each other forever and live in the same area or something. One of them should be no mystery, the other only posted like 3 times here.
    Last edited by Masali; 05-02-2007 at 11:13 PM.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Junior Member hcsurfer25 is just really nice hcsurfer25 is just really nice hcsurfer25 is just really nice hcsurfer25 is just really nice hcsurfer25's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2007 08:32 PM
    Threads

I have a couple of friends on the web. Most I have met before, and we chat cause that's the only way to communicate. I have also met some people just by chatting, some good, some bad.... but, what can you do? Those are the chances you take.

For her situation though..... You can only do soo much as a friend. For some people, it may be the only way for them to meet others, due to busy life style. i.e. work, school....etc.

I wouldn't say, let her figure it out on her own.... but, if you get too involved to solve it, you may loose everything in the end? Its kinda a loose, loose situation on your end of the stick?

Internet dating is not too bad. I did it for a little while, nothing platonic, but it was fun! My sister met her husband from it, she currently is still married to him of two years......

People will be people I guess?

Last edited by hcsurfer25; 05-02-2007 at 11:22 PM.

Addicted to Capernicus! Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Lunar Eclipse's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2007 05:56 PM
    Threads

Well I have a couple really good friends online, sometimes WAY better than the ones in real life. I trust one of them to a great extent. The other I trust almost to that extent, but still. I trust them.

HTC love MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2009 12:42 AM
    Threads

Yeah it is rare to find someone that your really connect with on the net. I have only found a couple of people and I consider these people to be genuine friends. If we lived in the same area, I am sure that I would be at their house all the time ^__^.

Serenith's pet Crocodile Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2010 03:37 PM
    Threads

The only people that you can call true friends are people that you've met in real life. You can call people that you meet on the internet friends, but that doesn't mean that's what they are.
    Sig by -Ookami-, thank you Ookami!

Elder Scrolls Oblivion: A Tale Retold

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=94454

Mother of Uru's 5 Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2012 05:03 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sunshinegasm Steam ID: trustedoctopus

Depends. On who the person is, how long I've known them how often if ever they have lied or hidden something from me. Its very easy to hide who you are on the internet, so its extremely rare to find a "true" friend on the internet. And what exactly qualifies as a "true" friend? Hehe. I have some friends on the internet that I'm closer to than most in my real life, but I still don't think I'd trust them with anything, because they could be lying completely. The interweb is strung full of lies, so you have to pick and choose and pray that its all the truth!

But yah. I have like...4? Sometimes 5 people that I'd trust with a whole hell of a lot more than some of my in real life friends. But its like Masali said about knowing his 2 for a LONG time, because I've known all 4 or 5 of them for at least two years? ^^'
    Last edited by Alicaryn Silentread; 05-03-2007 at 07:44 AM.

Sebastian is my new waifu. >w<!!

Chronic WoW Player. ♥

Senior Member ~Sakura Haruno~ is a splendid one to behold ~Sakura Haruno~ is a splendid one to behold ~Sakura Haruno~ is a splendid one to behold ~Sakura Haruno~ is a splendid one to behold ~Sakura Haruno~ is a splendid one to behold ~Sakura Haruno~ is a splendid one to behold ~Sakura Haruno~ is a splendid one to behold ~Sakura Haruno~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2007 11:40 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by vixen_wolf View Post
    yeah i guess some of them are alot better and nicer then my real friends the few i have anyways
    Yeah i agree
    I'm like the wind u can feel me...but you can't see me

Megami thx a lot for this beautiful set <3 its great!

Team Aki! -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2013 12:09 AM
    Threads

Depends on who i'm knowing over the internet, i do have true friends here and another forum, such with MsAeris, Tsuna, and others (too many to name!).

Sometimes i do consider the friends i met over the internet are true friends because if we don't see eachother, less dramas and less fights occurs. Also depends on how you look at them.

Senior Member moon_phase is a glorious beacon of light moon_phase is a glorious beacon of light moon_phase is a glorious beacon of light moon_phase is a glorious beacon of light moon_phase is a glorious beacon of light moon_phase is a glorious beacon of light moon_phase's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-18-2007 07:10 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: dont have one

no.. not really...i only think that the only true friend are your friends...other that that the people on line are just there.. to tlk to and stuff....they could be ugly 50 year old freaks...

Building Castles Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto has a reputation beyond repute Red&Stiletto's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Ambulance
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2013 01:06 AM
    Threads

Yesh. I have lots of really good friends on the internet. Pickles and Iggy are my closest ones but I do have danie and blue and FMA997. I consider them all dear to me and if I lost one of them it would hurt me as much as it would hurt me to lose a friend I have met in person. So yesh. They are my true friends.

~*Lady

samba bamba, llama momma.

need a new set, feel free to offer. :3

The Appriser of Death maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2010 01:09 AM
    Threads

Yes and No. I think it really depends on who you're befriending with. But for me, mostly, I consider some of them as true and close friends.

Senior Member wushuuu has much to be proud of wushuuu has much to be proud of wushuuu has much to be proud of wushuuu has much to be proud of wushuuu has much to be proud of wushuuu has much to be proud of wushuuu has much to be proud of wushuuu has much to be proud of wushuuu has much to be proud of wushuuu has much to be proud of wushuuu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2007 03:02 AM
    Threads

hmm... for me it will depend.. coz sometimes its hard to trust to people you know only in the net. you dont know what you will do and its better to know him/her very much or have a chance to meet him/her. but sometimes its impossible. everyone knows that you can meet a lot of people through the net that can be your friends but u cant actually meet them all..
    but knowing them and having them are the best!

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

No. I don't consider anyone to be a "true friend." That would make me vulnerable.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Member izzy14backstabber has a spectacular aura about izzy14backstabber has a spectacular aura about izzy14backstabber's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-15-2007 01:12 AM
    somewhere where all the backstabbers live
    Threads

it depends on how long i've know the internet friends... the answer usually yes rather than no...

Senior Member threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-20-2008 07:43 PM
    Threads

Define truth to find your answer. u.u
    POWER TO THE CHIBI!!!

(\__/) This is Bunny.Copy Bunny into
    (O.o ) ur signature to help him
    (> < ) on his way to world domination.
    from jose101..

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't really have friends of any kind on the Internet anyway o_O; (not since the 'summer of 2006 in AF Chat') so it doesn't phase me if someone hates me or whatever.

I think there are only a handful of people here that I call friends. There was a second handful but that's their problem for thinking they could play me in MSN. >_>;
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Kuso Saniwa _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_'s Avatar
    Gil
    Torn
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube 025 - Pikachu Moon Crystal Locket
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2017 12:20 AM
    Threads

I do know how that girl feel. 2 of my ex-s (one of them happened to be a member of this forum...) are from the chat world. my latest ex, ive been in love with him and went out for 5 months. he actually broke up with me because he didnt love me and just want to make me happy. but after that, I appriciate him so much. he is just like my big bro now. Well, thank god he didnt cheat on me. ^^;a

anyways, just tell that girl to get a bf in real life. because the more she repeat this, she will be hurt like hell.
    Used to be known as cool_tria_anime.
    「今宵の俺は血に飢えている…ってな」

Illustration credit: banafria @ tumblr

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by threekings View Post
    Define truth to find your answer. u.u
    Hows about not stealing my sig?

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

Senior Member Sputnik is a glorious beacon of light Sputnik is a glorious beacon of light Sputnik is a glorious beacon of light Sputnik is a glorious beacon of light Sputnik is a glorious beacon of light Sputnik's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2011 12:54 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SonOfSputnik

I have a couple folk I would say are real chums

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Internet friends as true friends? As with all friends, you can't be too generous with your trust, and even less so on the internet. I will tell all of you that I do not lie to anyone on the forums (the last time I told a significant lie was over a year ago and I confessed 2 months later). I have maybe 2 friends that I met online that I trust completely (and have known them for over a year, almost 2) and I have one girlfriend that I met online. With friends, be careful, don't get too attached, and gather enough evidence of truth before you make yourself vulnerable to them.

With significant others, it is different. My ex I also met online, and I trusted her so much that I was on the verge of asking her to marry me when she literally dropped off the face of the planet. I have not heard from her since, which is over 7 months. It took me at least half that time to fully get over her, and even now it hurts like hell sometimes. But I have chosen to move on.

The thing is, even if you feel that you can trust this person completely, that you drove hours to see the person, instantly connected, spent days together in each others arms, even then they may be lying. It is very difficult to know when it is safe to trust someone, and you can never know for sure.

BUT, if he openly admits that you are just his online woman, there is no way that you should place that much trust and reliance on him, and certainly not open yourself up to such vulnerability. That's just retardo. Thus, she reaps what she sows. Your friend is a lost cause, and it is advisible to not make yourself vulnerable to it.
    Last edited by Capernicus; 05-03-2007 at 03:09 PM.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Senior Member Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Neko Tv Hello Kitty
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2013 07:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Thanks to myspace, I have a couple of really good friends on the internet. One I will never meet in person because she seems to be the shy type and I just can't see her doing something like that. But online I do know her well.

The other friend I am planning to meet in summer of '08. She's in Japan. I would go this summer but I have already made my summer vacation plans(AX) and I won't be able to afford two vacations. Plus, I would like to learn a lot more Japanese before I go.

Bring me back!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by edward10 View Post
    I'm looking for episodes that have hungry girls with growling stomachs
    I lol'd at this

Closed Thread

Thread Information