AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Russian music in anime?

Junior Member Aendy will become famous soon enough Aendy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2007 07:35 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Russian music in anime?

It's true.
    I was watching FMA, and about 1/3 of my enjoyment of a good anime is the background music, and if you look here at 14:00 (warning, one of the last episodes, could be a spoiler), it's a traditional russian song playing and (I'm Russian), when translated, it goes something like:

[soprano voice, but it's understood that it's a boy]
    Forgive me, little brother
    I am so guilty before you
    You can't try to bring back
    That which the earth has taken.

Who knows the law of existence
    Could you help me find the answer?
    I was terribly mistaken
    For death there is no cure.

[younger child's voice added, duet. Also, Chorus of song]
    Dear, gentle mother!
    We loved you so much.
    But all of our strength
    Was wasted for nothing.

[woman's voice]
    I tempted you
    With a wonderful hope
    To brink back our family [something]
    My brother, it is all my fault

[duet again, mainly younger voice]

Don't cry, don't be sad, big brother
    It's not your fault alone.
    We both have the same path
    We'll get repent our sin to its end.

I have nothing to blame you for
    And I'm not at all offended.
    Our sin is heavy,
    To want to be stronger than everyone else.

Chorus
    Dear, gentle mother!
    We loved you so much.
    But all of our strength
    Was wasted for nothing.

I was myself temped
    with this wonderful hope
    To bring back our family [something]
    It is all my fault.

[3 voices, stronger music]

So what shall we do now?
    How do we fix everything and forget it?
    It's useless to try to bring back
    That, which the earth has taken.

I just did the translation manually right now, so it might not be perfect, especially the part where I don't know the word that comes after family.

But at first, I thought.. wow.. this is a perfect song to match the plot of FMA. But then as I was translating I realized, it's even more than that. I'm almost convinced that the whole series was based off this song. And I know for sure that this song is really old, way before anime even happened, so it's not like it was written for FMA. It's too perfect to be otherwise.

Discuss.
    Last edited by Aendy; 04-27-2007 at 03:44 PM.

Digital Plague bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2007 07:47 AM
    Threads

Ok thats good .But that episode is a spoiler for some people .Even me but I don't care it's a spoiler to me.

Junior Member Aendy will become famous soon enough Aendy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2007 07:35 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by bttr View Post
    Ok thats good .But that episode is a spoiler for some people .Even me but I don't care it's a spoiler to me.
    oh.. um.. sorry...

here's a link to a non-spoiler

According to Wikipedia, that song was composed for the show, but I am positive that I've heard it before, in Russia, as a song that has nothing to do with anime. Maybe he just added music or something, but the lyrics were definitely before FMA
    Last edited by Aendy; 04-27-2007 at 03:45 PM.

Junior Member Tenth can only hope to improve Tenth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-29-2007 07:10 PM
    Threads

Wth? Russian music with Japanese Anime. That sounds so downright wrong.

Senior Member Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa has a reputation beyond repute Nausicaa's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-11-2008 07:03 PM
    Threads

I really like that song, when I first heard it I knew that it was not japanese, then later I found out that it was Russian. I think that it is creative to have Russian music in a japanese anime. Just like when most japanese music has English in it.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Quote Originally Posted by Tenth View Post
    And why the hell is that? Think Anime is too good to borow from foreign sources? I mean, god forbid the Jpop idols sing in another language than that of the holy grail! (oh wait they do)

I think it's a fabulous idea. I'm not sure if it's accurate that the anime was made from the song, otherwise it would have been introduced earlier into the series and even translated in it too. It's a good theory though..
    Last edited by Capernicus; 05-17-2007 at 05:27 PM.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

The Cold Saint Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2007 08:56 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tenth View Post
    Dude, what the hell!?
    Are joking me, or are you just being ignorant? I think Russian is a gorgeous language, especially when sung, and that was an excellent scene in FMA.
    Besides that, why should Anime be limited to only Jpop intros? I mean, thank God that at least we have some J-Rock and J-Metal coming around, but in the 90s it was almost all J-Pop.

Why is Russian good with Anime? GHOST IN THE SHELL: SAC, THAT'S WHY!!
    Have you ever seen Ghost in the Shell: SAC/2ndGiG/SSS? I doubt it, but here me out. The OPs Inner Universe and Rise are in Russian, and fantastic, I might add. Yoko Kanno is a master of OST tracks, and draws influence from all over the world.
    Ever Seen Cowboy Bebop? English Intro, thanks to Yoko Kanno.

In regards to FMA though, I still maintain that the Anime should rightfully be in German. All the OPs should be in German, the EDs in German, and the insert songs in German and Turkish.
    In fact, Japanese is quite possible the least acceptable language for an Anime such as FMA, well, maybe Thai or Mandarin, but whatever.

Someday people will get over themselves and their xenophobic preconceptions, and hopefully soon. Especially those select americans who can't seem to get past their blind patriotism. No hate to americans, just saying you can't deny the fact that there are those among you who are self-righteous imbeciles. To be fair, every country has them. I only fingered america because they are the mostly likely country to get owned by China in a decade or so.
    Okay, my rant is over. Peace.
    Mankind's greatest achievment? Dragonball Z. Bar none.

GOTT E.S. Member Kira712 has a reputation beyond repute Kira712 has a reputation beyond repute Kira712 has a reputation beyond repute Kira712 has a reputation beyond repute Kira712 has a reputation beyond repute Kira712 has a reputation beyond repute Kira712 has a reputation beyond repute Kira712 has a reputation beyond repute Kira712 has a reputation beyond repute Kira712 has a reputation beyond repute Kira712 has a reputation beyond repute Kira712's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2009 03:20 AM
    Threads

I absolutely loved the music in FMA, i liked how the russian song fit, it sounded perfect and the meaning was wonderful I thought. I also loved Dante's theme which is vocalized and doesn't really have any words (except "whoa-oa-oa"), the language doesn't matter to me as much as how the song makes me feel.
    You guys are so un-hip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off. - Zaphod Beeblerox

<-My anime/manga history in a nutshell.
    Tamago to chikai wa kudake-yasui.

Senior Member The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Systems N64 Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Cookie
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2013 02:59 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karawr831 PSN ID: Karawr831 XFIRE ID: midnightdreams Steam ID: karawr831

well that explains alot..iv always loved everything about russia, and i LOVE the music in FMA

"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul." - Judy Garland

Archmage Evelyn Nightingale, Guardian of the North, at your service.

Formally known as Vanilla Kiss.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    shinnraiu has a brilliant future shinnraiu has a brilliant future shinnraiu has a brilliant future shinnraiu has a brilliant future shinnraiu has a brilliant future shinnraiu has a brilliant future shinnraiu has a brilliant future shinnraiu has a brilliant future shinnraiu has a brilliant future shinnraiu has a brilliant future shinnraiu has a brilliant future shinnraiu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-14-2009 12:32 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Mana View Post
    In regards to FMA though, I still maintain that the Anime should rightfully be in German. All the OPs should be in German, the EDs in German, and the insert songs in German and Turkish.
    In fact, Japanese is quite possible the least acceptable language for an Anime such as FMA, well, maybe Thai or Mandarin, but whatever.

I agree that it should be in German. That'd be totally cool because I love that language so much (though I don't know much of it at all..) Either way, I agree that Japanese isn't the best language for it (although I like the OP and ED music) I think that the Russian theme is more appropriate cause they're like, closer to Germany. (But Tobira no Mukou he is actually really nice for it too...)

Diversity pwns!
    Urimoo Fan
    <33333333

Senior Member Sake!Sake! has a brilliant future Sake!Sake! has a brilliant future Sake!Sake! has a brilliant future Sake!Sake! has a brilliant future Sake!Sake! has a brilliant future Sake!Sake! has a brilliant future Sake!Sake! has a brilliant future Sake!Sake! has a brilliant future Sake!Sake! has a brilliant future Sake!Sake! has a brilliant future Sake!Sake! has a brilliant future Sake!Sake!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2007 12:32 AM
    Threads

That's pretty neat, I love music from other countries.

Thanks Hitsugaya389!
    I will be in Vietnam/Japan until the 26th, so my posting may be limited!

Senior Member MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2008 06:30 PM
    Threads

o.o Oh wow that is so cool! I watched the whole series of FMA and never noticed that. I think it's cool that some animes have music using languages from all around the world because some languages have absolutely beautiful music. I've listened to a couple Russian songs and they sound so....well it's hard to describe but it's awesome music. I agree with a couple people though. Instead of using Jap OP and ED songs, they should've used German. That'd be a cool idea.

Dark Angel from Hell Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-01-2008 09:20 PM
    Threads

I really liked that song, i don't care if it's in
    I'm Back~!

Sorry I was gone so long! I had so much to do!

Senior Member Wicked Pleasures has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Pleasures has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Pleasures has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Pleasures has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Pleasures has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Pleasures has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Pleasures has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Pleasures has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Pleasures has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Pleasures has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Pleasures has a reputation beyond repute Wicked Pleasures's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2008 01:15 PM
    Threads

Yeah, I noticed that, too. I heard my cousins sing that song once a long time ago.. I didn't really understand it when I heard it the first time, but I was thrilled when I heard it on the show.

Why, yes!!
    I am a Hitsugaya fangirl!

Baka Pink was here kiagoth has a reputation beyond repute kiagoth has a reputation beyond repute kiagoth has a reputation beyond repute kiagoth has a reputation beyond repute kiagoth has a reputation beyond repute kiagoth has a reputation beyond repute kiagoth has a reputation beyond repute kiagoth has a reputation beyond repute kiagoth has a reputation beyond repute kiagoth has a reputation beyond repute kiagoth has a reputation beyond repute kiagoth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-02-2009 02:49 PM
    Threads

hımm here is the English version of Bratja -brothers--'
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=XcfOorTf3Ns soo good.
    and lyric of this song^^'
    Ed's verse)
    How can I repay you brother mine?
    How can I expect you to forgive?
    Clinging to the past I shed our blood,
    and shattered your chance to live.

Though I knew the laws I paid no heed.
    How can I return your wasted breath?
    What I did not know has cost you dear,
    For there is no cure for death.

(Ed's chorus)
    Beautiful mother, soft and sweet
    Once you were gone we were not complete.
    Back through the years we reached for you.
    Alas, twas not ment to be.
    And how can I make amends,
    for all that I took from you?
    I lead you with hopeless dreams.
    My brother I was a fool.

(Al's verse)
    Don't cry for the past now brother mine,
    Neither you nor I are free from blame.
    Nothing can erase the things we did,
    For the path we took was the same.

(Al's chorus)
    Beautiful mother, soft and sweet
    Once you were gone we were not complete.
    Back through the years we reached for you.
    Alas, twas not ment to be.
    My dreams made me blind and mute,
    I longed to return to that time,
    I followed without a word.
    My brother the fault is mine.

(both)
    So where do we go from here?
    And how to forget and forgive?
    What's gone is forever lost.
    Now all we can do is live.
    ----------------

<3

Senior Member Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Compass
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2012 07:00 PM
    Threads

._. Yeah.. that'd be a spoiler.
    Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope...

Closed Thread

Thread Information