AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lucky Star

Junior Member Xerotwo has a reputation beyond repute Xerotwo has a reputation beyond repute Xerotwo has a reputation beyond repute Xerotwo has a reputation beyond repute Xerotwo has a reputation beyond repute Xerotwo has a reputation beyond repute Xerotwo has a reputation beyond repute Xerotwo has a reputation beyond repute Xerotwo has a reputation beyond repute Xerotwo has a reputation beyond repute Xerotwo has a reputation beyond repute Xerotwo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2008 07:09 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Lucky Star

Now, I know some of you do not know this new spring anime that is showing now in Japan, but it is gaining a lot of pop due to this:

(btw, it looks familuar ain't it? ^^)
    It is a 4 Koma type of anime ( Like Pani Poni Dash, or Azumanga Daioh)
    so it has comedy in it, but in a sense XD

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I like you name...it's epic.

It's 4koma-ish because it spawned as a manga comprised completely of 4koma. It's a funny little series, I've read a bit of the manga before. I have yet to watch the anime, but I'm considering it because of some amusing little .gifs I've seen around. The main character girl, the crazed boyish anime-fangirl amused me to no end.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Junior Member Xerotwo has a reputation beyond repute Xerotwo has a reputation beyond repute Xerotwo has a reputation beyond repute Xerotwo has a reputation beyond repute Xerotwo has a reputation beyond repute Xerotwo has a reputation beyond repute Xerotwo has a reputation beyond repute Xerotwo has a reputation beyond repute Xerotwo has a reputation beyond repute Xerotwo has a reputation beyond repute Xerotwo has a reputation beyond repute Xerotwo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2008 07:09 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Xero XIII View Post
    I like you name...it's epic.

It's 4koma-ish because it spawned as a manga comprised completely of 4koma. It's a funny little series, I've read a bit of the manga before. I have yet to watch the anime, but I'm considering it because of some amusing little .gifs I've seen around. The main character girl, the crazed boyish anime-fangirl amused me to no end.
    She is like what we are, anime-gaming maniacs XD

Junior Member Drascin is on a distinguished road Drascin's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2007 03:36 PM
    Threads

I've seen the first two episodes.

It's good, very good. From the looks of it, it's going to be 100% absurd comedy, and of the really funny sort. Hell, it's managed to have me almost rolling on the floor a few times, especially the second chapter, and I'm not exactly a laughing person. Konata Izumi (the blue haired otaku girl) is simply godly. Really, to anyone who liked Azumanga and shows of the same ilk, I recommend Lucky star. You'd better try to find a good fansub, though, because most of the jokes are delivered verbally, and a bad translation can totally KILL the show. Already happened to a friend: watched a crappy version, and he was all "what the **** is this?!". Of course, then I let him borrow the version I downloaded, and now he's every bit as hooked as I am .

Oh, and BTW, the opening is AWESOME

Member Dark_Awakening has much to be proud of Dark_Awakening has much to be proud of Dark_Awakening has much to be proud of Dark_Awakening has much to be proud of Dark_Awakening has much to be proud of Dark_Awakening has much to be proud of Dark_Awakening has much to be proud of Dark_Awakening has much to be proud of Dark_Awakening has much to be proud of Dark_Awakening has much to be proud of Dark_Awakening's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2007 09:14 PM
    Threads

I like it, it's funny and awesome. I've just watched the first 3 episodes. I also like the "Lucky Channel" at the end of each episode.
    My Future avatar And sig.

Broken Spirit and poet BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2012 10:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That's a funny anime. The topics they discuss usually has a funny twist in it.
    "As the blood starts to boil, the flow of crimson splendor will act like a flood" ~R

Junior Member allisontbc is on a distinguished road allisontbc's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-30-2007 01:04 PM
    Threads

Default funny lucky star dance

One fan made a very funny "interpretation" of the Lucky Star dance moves and cheerleading routines.

Enjoy!
    http://www.brightcove.com/title.jsp?title=770030933

Member leaf king is on a distinguished road leaf king's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2007 02:25 AM
    Threads

this anime is funny and amusing. it's also fun to look for all of the anime references (not that you have to look for them snce they're everywhere).

The Appriser of Death maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2010 01:09 AM
    Threads

I BUY SAUSAGE! lol

Anyway, Lucky Star is a real slice up life anime genre. The 1st episode is quite boring except for the scene of the chocolate waffle cone or something?

The other 3 are quite fun to watch.
    Last edited by maximillian_cross; 05-04-2007 at 05:29 AM.

Senior Member Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2008 10:54 AM
    Threads

yeah this anime looks really fun can't wait to see it ^^

I like my sig, thank you Jagan Eye ^^

Dai DN Angel koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip has much to be proud of koikazeflip's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2008 04:58 AM
    Threads

im really loving lucky star

i love all the references to other anime, manga, and other parts of japanese culture.. it's nice to see references to full metal panic: fumoffu, toheart, shuffle!, and the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya..

it's feels a lot like azumanga daioh.. and i loved azumanga daioh..

gotta love the opening too..

The Appriser of Death maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross has a reputation beyond repute maximillian_cross's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah the opening's really cute. In any case, I already watched Episode 4 with subs. It's really funny.

I BUY SAUSAGE! lol

Member My_Goddess_Raven has a spectacular aura about My_Goddess_Raven has a spectacular aura about My_Goddess_Raven has a spectacular aura about My_Goddess_Raven's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2007 04:05 PM
    Threads

>.) everyone should watch Lucky Star because its f-ing EPIC and itll have the same effect like Haruhi

I'm not

Watch some Lucky Star

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No double posting, Raven. sigh.... Yeah, I already watched Ep. 5. Was really funny. Especially the electric fan scene. hehe

aka. darky-chan darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2007 06:19 AM
    Threads

Lucky Star is a really cute and hilarious anime <3
    My favorite character would be Konata Izumi ~ =3
    Her personality is just so luvable !
    GONE, Goodbye.

Junior Member Drascin is on a distinguished road Drascin's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2007 03:36 PM
    Threads

Yeah, we all like Konata. As I say, she's me, only with the otaku factor multiplied by about five and with breasts :P. And the identification factor is always a huge plus for any character.

But I feel poor Kagami is severely underappreciated. I love that girl, though she's a bit too hard-working . Not only is she the foil to everyone else singlehandedly, but also manages to be quite an interesting gal of her own.

Junior Member angelValchemist is on a distinguished road angelValchemist's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2007 01:49 PM
    Threads

Default lucky star

do you know if it's coming to the u.s. and when?

Member My_Goddess_Raven has a spectacular aura about My_Goddess_Raven has a spectacular aura about My_Goddess_Raven has a spectacular aura about My_Goddess_Raven's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

itll be a few years im guessing just like Haruhi

I'm not

Watch some Lucky Star

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2019 01:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

I was considering watching this, and now I'm sure I'll watch it! Thanks for all the great info!

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by My_Goddess_Raven View Post
    itll be a few years im guessing just like Haruhi
    Erm...Haruhi isn't coming to the U.S. in a few years...The first DVD was supposed to be released in the U.S. today...not sure whether it did or not, but if it didn't come out today, it will be in the next few days.

As for Lucky Star going international, it will be a while. It's a 24 episode series, so it's more likely that the powers that be will wait for it to finish in order to see how well it fairs as well as to test out the market there before it makes it here. I'd say it'll be in the U.S. here by early 2008 to summer 2008 at the latest...provided that it is licensed.

Domo Army Victim Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2010 03:42 PM
    Threads

Lucky Star is kind of a weird show, since the episodes have no solid plot line. Just very random stuff (but I guess that is to be expected from something based on a manga that is just a series of 4-koma). The show lost its appeal for me after a couple of episodes. Just not as entertaining as some other shows in the genre (Ichigo Mashimaro is alot funnier).

Junior Member angelValchemist is on a distinguished road angelValchemist's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2007 01:49 PM
    Threads

ah!!
    i think it should come now
    cause it's adorable ^.^

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Xero XIII View Post
    Erm...Haruhi isn't coming to the U.S. in a few years...The first DVD was supposed to be released in the U.S. today...not sure whether it did or not, but if it didn't come out today, it will be in the next few days.

As for Lucky Star going international, it will be a while. It's a 24 episode series, so it's more likely that the powers that be will wait for it to finish in order to see how well it fairs as well as to test out the market there before it makes it here. I'd say it'll be in the U.S. here by early 2008 to summer 2008 at the latest...provided that it is licensed.
    Haruhi came out like what two years ago right? so it just now barely came out to the US so unless something happens it prolly would be out here by 2010 at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigami Ichigo View Post
    Lucky Star is kind of a weird show, since the episodes have no solid plot line. Just very random stuff (but I guess that is to be expected from something based on a manga that is just a series of 4-koma). The show lost its appeal for me after a couple of episodes. Just not as entertaining as some other shows in the genre (Ichigo Mashimaro is alot funnier).
    honestly i dont find Ichigo Mashimaro funny midly entertain but defineatly not as funny as Lucky Star

I'm not

Watch some Lucky Star

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by My_Goddess_Raven View Post
    Haruhi came out like what two years ago right? so it just now barely came out to the US so unless something happens it prolly would be out here by 2010 at the latest.
    Haruhi started airing last April, not two years ago. So, it's barely been a year. And I maintain that if Lucky Star gets licensed at a typical time(shortly after it's finale), it will be in the U.S. during the first half of 2008.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

lol then nvm about Haruhi then(sorry i just like found out about it a few months ago and have hard time trying to remember when it came out) so i hope that the box sets of it are goign to have something nice in it at least even if it comes out by 2008-ish

I'm not

Watch some Lucky Star

Closed Thread

Thread Information