AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: X-Japan

Junior Member Wizzo is on a distinguished road Wizzo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2008 07:14 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default X-Japan

Well,I think it's common knowledge that these guys were the pioneers of the whole visual kei musical(?) movement in Japan.Especially the main songwriter,composer,drummer and pianist Yoshiki Hayashi, one of the best composers around today in my book.They released a string of commercially succesfull albums from 1987 to 1996 and their fame in their home country reached dizzy heights.After their broke-up in 1997 because of Toshi's(vocals) departure and hide's death (lead guitarist) the group resumed working together in 2007 releasing the songs I.V and Without you(a song originally featured in Yoshiki's solo album,a tribute to hide) they are currently working on a new single.

What's your opinion about their music?
    I love the playing of the instrumentalists,I think that those guys could have achieved international fame if they were not japanese and they were,lets say Europeans or Americans.My only concern is Toshi'is voice.It took me a long time to become used to it,as I found his vocals really bad,despite the fact he has a good vocal range.

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2012 05:15 AM
    Threads

I hail Yoshiki. His singing in the song "Forever Love" was amazing, as was the song itself. Ironically it was the ending song to an anime movie named "X".
    That which is; is the truth.

Resident Japanese Girl
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2014 01:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

I absolutely adore X-Japan!! I've been a loyal fan for the past 14 years of my life, so I was absolutely devastated when Toshi left the band in '97, and also when we lost Hide the next year. I cried when I saw the MV for I.V. and they had Hide's guitar there with them. T_T X-Japan has so many beautiful songs... Yoshiki is truly a genius!! And I love Toshi's voice as well.

And what do you mean; "I think that those guys could have achieved international fame if they were not Japanese and they were, lets say Europeans or Americans."

X-Japan is extremely popular all over the world. You can't really plan concerts in places like Paris and New York if you aren't.

R.I.P. Hide

X-Japan forever <3 <3 <3
    ELPHABA LIVES!!

Junior Member Wizzo is on a distinguished road Wizzo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2008 07:14 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by suzumi View Post
    And what do you mean; "I think that those guys could have achieved international fame if they were not Japanese and they were, lets say Europeans or Americans."

X-Japan is extremely popular all over the world. You can't really plan concerts in places like Paris and New York if you aren't.
    Mmm,don't get me wrong,nothing against Japan here.: )
    Just meant that if they were Europeans or Americans they may had better promotion and their music could have been accessible to more ears.Their first efforts to make the breakthrough to other continets were at the Art of life era,when the self titled album was made available to the American continent.Until '97 and their broke up,they had not ever performed outside Japan (except Yoshiki).Their first concerts outside Japan will be those you mentioned above.So, I| can't help but disagree with the "extremely popular all over the world" part,they are not that famous outside their country.
    The European dates have given me slight hopes,but I can't be expecting a date in Greece I think :/

Resident Japanese Girl
    suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzo View Post
    Mmm,don't get me wrong,nothing against Japan here.: )
    Just meant that if they were Europeans or Americans they may had better promotion and their music could have been accessible to more ears.Their first efforts to make the breakthrough to other continets were at the Art of life era,when the self titled album was made available to the American continent.Until '97 and their broke up,they had not ever performed outside Japan (except Yoshiki).Their first concerts outside Japan will be those you mentioned above.So, I| can't help but disagree with the "extremely popular all over the world" part,they are not that famous outside their country.
    The European dates have given me slight hopes,but I can't be expecting a date in Greece I think :/
    Well if you say that having concerts outside of Japan is the only way to measure a band's popularity, then practically no Japanese band or artist is famous all over the world. >_>
    ELPHABA LIVES!!

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by suzumi View Post
    Well if you say that having concerts outside of Japan is the only way to measure a band's popularity, then practically no Japanese band or artist is famous all over the world. >_>
    There's "The latest popular anime theme song band" playing at cons at France to America so they do travel, but you will hardly ever see mihimaru GT anywhere but Japan. You can see High and Mighty Color or other lame anime bands.

Resident Japanese Girl
    Gil
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Diocletian View Post
    There's "The latest popular anime theme song band" playing at cons at France to America so they do travel, but you will hardly ever see mihimaru GT anywhere but Japan. You can see High and Mighty Color or other lame anime bands.
    Oh, come on, High and Mighty Color is fine.

And what I meant by "concerts" was having your own one-man live. But, hey... *shrug*
    ELPHABA LIVES!!

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzo View Post
    After their broke-up in 1997 because of Toshi's(vocals) departure and hide's death (lead guitarist) the group resumed working together in 2007 releasing the songs I.V and Without you(a song originally featured in Yoshiki's solo album,a tribute to hide) they are currently working on a new single.

What's your opinion about their music?
    I love the playing of the instrumentalists,I think that those guys could have achieved international fame if they were not japanese and they were,lets say Europeans or Americans.My only concern is Toshi'is voice.It took me a long time to become used to it,as I found his vocals really bad,despite the fact he has a good vocal range.
    Well, Rock Band 2 answered my question. Yes, I.V. is on Rock Band 2 as DLC. You can ask me why do you care? Because this was the first J-Rock song to be on an American video game. It's great to have a band like this around. We need more bands like this.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

*bump*
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Closed Thread

Thread Information