AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Elder Scrolls Oblivion: PS3

Serenith's pet Crocodile Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2010 03:37 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Elder Scrolls Oblivion: PS3

Being the fanboy of this series as I am, I just had to see what this would look like on the PS3. To be completely honest, my feelings are a bit mixed. When one time I'm thinking,"Wow, that's pretty.", the next time I'm thinking,"Wait, I've seen this before."

What I mean by that is that it's a slight improvement over the 360 version, but not THAT much. The most noticeable things that I saw the minute I started playing it was the slightly sharper graphics, and the distance scaling. Although I ran into quite a few glitches that were already cleaned up in the 360 version, which are negligible since they'll probably be fixed with an online update(That is, if sony actually does it).

One big bonus for PS3 owners is that is comes with Knights of the Nine expansion, which is still for sale on the Xbox Live Marketplace. My thoughts, if you have a PS3 and do not own Oblivion on anything else, GET IT NOW! If you already have it for the PC or 360, don't bother, there's not much of a difference.
    Sig by -Ookami-, thank you Ookami!

Elder Scrolls Oblivion: A Tale Retold

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=94454

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

I love this game .. Don't care for the PS3 or whatnot but I have to say, if you have one and are looking for a game .. get this one.

When I buy a new comp with a powerful gfx card, I think this is the first I will re-install and play all over again - and I played it to death (as an assassin at least)

Yilin's Candy Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2009 08:20 AM
    Threads

this is basicly just like the other versions, but it's been updated to look nicer, and a few extra's (like the Knights of the nine one).

still, if you havn't played it before, or havn't played it at full graphics because ya comp wasn't up to date, i'd grab this for sure ^^
    i'm gonna get it, mostly because i wanna see this game on a big tv ^^

=[[Wolfwood]]=

Seeking Opinions on Lil' Gothic Girl Wallpapers 1, 2

Serenith's pet Crocodile Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

After thinking for a while, I've come to this conclusion.

IF you DO NOT have a next gen system already, and you have the money for it, then go ahead and buy a PS3 with Oblivion. Oblivion is a good enough reason to buy the console, I think.

EDIT: I take that back...If you don't have a next gen console, then buy a Wii with Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess.

Yilin's Candy Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

lol, if you can find a wii ^^;
    but probably best not to a buy any console on one game alone.
    the wii mote could of been fun with oblivion, kinda makes you wish the wii could play it.

=[[Wolfwood]]=

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiro Matsuchani View Post
    After thinking for a while, I've come to this conclusion.

IF you DO NOT have a next gen system already, and you have the money for it, then go ahead and buy a PS3 with Oblivion. Oblivion is a good enough reason to buy the console, I think.

EDIT: I take that back...If you don't have a next gen console, then buy a Wii with Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess.
    It's true. It will cost you less to get Oblivion for the PC, and upgrade your computer to be able to run it.
    And that will be more useful than a PS3.

Nonetheless, Oblivion is a good game. Get it for the 360 if nothing else.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

it'll cost me almost a ps3 to get a graphics card for my comp that'll run oblivion at full, i'll stick with me consoles ^^
    this game is just avaliable to pretty much everyone, very little reason for anyone not to have it or have played it. seriously, whatever you own, grab it for that. (there's even an OLDblivion patch for those with really old comps that want it to work)

o, speaking of oblivion, anyone else see that the new expansion for it is faulty?
    cant remember how many hours, about 20 for computers and 50 for 360's (something to do with how oblivion works on each of them, probably more hours then that anyway for both.), once you've been playing it for so long it basicly screws up on ya. there's an un-offical update to fix the PC one (so they say) but offical word so far is to "sit tight" ^^; lol

i'll look into this again to see if the un-offical update will fix it or if they made one themselves. as for 360, not sure yet about an update for it, but you got longer before it messes up so dont worry too much.

=[[Wolfwood]]=

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Speaking of which who knows any good graphics cards that would get Oblivion to run the same or better than the PS3 for the PC?

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

There has been a lot of discussion about what is the best graphics card to get.

It will all depend on your budget but..
    http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/...d_performance/
    This link compares the high end cards and shows you what you can get with it.

Ultimately it's between the ATI Radeon X1900 XTX and the NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX.

From what I can tell, the X1900 did better in the higher resolutions as well as in "Crossfire" (which needs two cards, and a motherboard that supports it) But according to the last page, there was a small tweak that had to be done to make the Crossfire solution work as well.

I recommend reading that article though, because I think it will help.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Here's something interesting to look at.

PS3

Here's the only other ones that I can find that were remotely comparible.

PS3

███ ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-07-2008 08:45 AM
    Threads

I hope they don't actually look like that on the systems, the PC version looks so much better than those pictures.
    ████████████

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
    lol, if you can find a wii [Wolfwood]]=
    They're pretty well stocked now. Even I, the one who cried about never finding one, found a store stocked with 17 of them yesterday (and this was at 9 at night).
    I just didn't have the funds for once -_-

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by -Deadpool- View Post
    They're pretty well stocked now. Even I, the one who cried about never finding one, found a store stocked with 17 of them yesterday (and this was at 9 at night).
    I just didn't have the funds for once -_-
    yeah, i've been seeing them around now aswell with some stores putting signs up saying "wii in stock"
    good timming i think since the smashbros countdown site has begun and thats the game i'm out to buy a wii for ^^;

back on the oblivion topic. it's hard to say if it looks better then the pc one for me, but the difference seems so small it would hardly matter anyway. the gameplay remains the same and that's what counts ^^

=[[Wolfwood]]=

Senior Member wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2014 04:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: wizzadoo

Personally I find Oblivion really lame ... they kinda screwed stuff with the "Oblivion world" in it ... after 10 or so gates it gates too boring and too repetitive. The Oblivion world is just copy/pasted ...
    I found Morrowind more interesting to play than Oblivion >____>;

Closed Thread

Thread Information