AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Red Number

We are what we hate Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2008 02:09 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Red Number

This is a poem I wrote a little while after my uncle died. He drank himself to his grave and my family often says he died with a whiskey bottle in his hand. If what I have in this poem is against the rules, I wont complain if you delete it.

The Devils playing a game
    With your life and mine
    With three dice and a knife
    He’s playing his game
    I die or you.
    It’s left to the dice
    Thrown onto ice
    Slipping and sliding around on the glass table

Three different kinds of people
    Goths, prepps and those insane
    With everything in between
    Those who are insane
    Know the most about this game
    They don’t kick, they don’t scream, just go along silently
    Then they’re gone completely

The dice are tossed
    A red number is obtained
    Yours?
    Mine?
    We both got lucky
    Don’t thirst for revenge
    Cause vengeance makes you thrive
    In this game…you die or I

Five…Four…One
    So close yet still closer
    Only…only three red numbers
    And you will die
    Throw the dice again and see, I don’t lie
    Scream when you cry
    Scream when you die

18 is the magic number
    666 is the game
    Get unlucky and they drop the blade
    The devils laughing at you
    Unable to throw your own death
    Make it quick cause he doesn’t wait
    Death waits on no one
    Keep on screaming…it only fills the void

It’s time to die
    You or I
    He doesn’t lie
    He drops the blade and then
    Plop, your heads lopped off
    That cross won’t save you when your red numbers drawn
    But it’s too late, you’re already dead

The dice are your life
    Take your chances and see
    What’s meant to be
    Don’t kick, don’t scream
    Just roll the damn dice to see
    How long it’s going to be
    Before a loud clang makes you drop the bottle you’ve held so long
    But the whiskey will be forever present on your sleeping lips

Sleep forever my uncle
    Last edited by Zan Voaga; 04-14-2007 at 09:58 PM.

Serenith's pet Crocodile Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2010 03:37 PM
    Threads

Not even I have the heart to criticize a poem that is written for such a reason.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great poem, written for a good purpose as well. Great work.
    Sig by -Ookami-, thank you Ookami!

Elder Scrolls Oblivion: A Tale Retold

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=94454

Member anime-na is a splendid one to behold anime-na is a splendid one to behold anime-na is a splendid one to behold anime-na is a splendid one to behold anime-na is a splendid one to behold anime-na is a splendid one to behold anime-na is a splendid one to behold anime-na is a splendid one to behold anime-na's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2007 11:31 PM
    Threads

Talking

Hey that was AWESOME!!! I really liked it! Not over distirbing, it was just right... After a death if sometimes you dont feel like sharing your emotions with anyone, I know its easiest to write something meaningfull down on paper. Even if it turns out S*** or a masterpiece! LOVE IT!!! I quoted my favorate part... It ties the poem up nice and pulls it back to its true meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan Voaga View Post

Before a loud clang makes you drop the bottle you’ve held so long
    But the whiskey will be forever present on your sleeping lips

Sleep forever my uncle
    I also wrote a poem about someone close dying, I just posted it "My Quiet Silence"... Not as long or meanigfull as yours, but cheak it out and post a reply if you like???
    You must pay close attention. Watch as Integral fairs in battle… Integral tore through her own throat. She shed her own blood and chose to fight for her life. Giving in is what kills people. When you refuse to surrender with all your heart only then do you descend your humanity. Even in the face of death never give up! That is the strength of our master…

Alucard - Master of Monster

Senior Member threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings has a reputation beyond repute threekings's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-20-2008 07:43 PM
    Threads

Intersting, nice...The feeling of complete desolation is remarkable. Keep writing and you'll get somewhere for sure.
    POWER TO THE CHIBI!!!

(\__/) This is Bunny.Copy Bunny into
    (O.o ) ur signature to help him
    (> < ) on his way to world domination.
    from jose101..

We are what we hate Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2008 02:09 AM
    Threads

Thank you, it's been almost three years since my uncle died. Though I was never close to him, I got angry when there was nothing I could to do help him. But somewhere depression took over. My grades dropped, my friends worried and I eventually wrote this several months later. Since writing this, I haven't cried over him being gone. I haven't hardly cried a tear for anything. I've also heard countless stories of women whove never gotten over being abused by a man. My father, is a classic example of this. I've written things on him, though not in poem form. He DID mentally abuse me and I have since come to hate him. This poem was first written about my father, before the ending was added. Then, I made it a tribute to my uncle to hopfully help someone else kick their habbit. I've also come to realise you can't help someone if they don't want it or wont let you. My uncle and father have tought me this, and that I wont let addiction take my life from me.

Again, thank you all for reading my tribute to my uncle, Tony L.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information