AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who hates NGE movie(death/rebirth)

Hybrid View

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 05:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Who hates NGE movie(death/rebirth)

So,who hates it?
    When I watched it,I saw...
    I saw that this movie is just some episodes emerged in one...
    I expected more from Eva movie...
    You even cannot understand a thing from movie if you havent watched episodes first...
    What I want to say-my opinion is that they shouldnt have created it >.<
    So,what are your opinions?
    ...a gift from Balance...the legend itself...

~ click the button,I dare you ~

HTC love MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2009 12:42 AM
    Threads

Hell yeah, it has no purpose. But it is something to watch thats involves Eva and you get to see Kaworu play the violin.

It might help people understand the series I guess. . . .

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 05:05 PM
    Threads

Well yeah,you might be right,but it still doesn't change the fact that this movie is let down...
    ...a gift from Balance...the legend itself...

~ click the button,I dare you ~

Senior Member ThE_LoST_ShaDoW has a reputation beyond repute ThE_LoST_ShaDoW has a reputation beyond repute ThE_LoST_ShaDoW has a reputation beyond repute ThE_LoST_ShaDoW has a reputation beyond repute ThE_LoST_ShaDoW has a reputation beyond repute ThE_LoST_ShaDoW has a reputation beyond repute ThE_LoST_ShaDoW has a reputation beyond repute ThE_LoST_ShaDoW has a reputation beyond repute ThE_LoST_ShaDoW has a reputation beyond repute ThE_LoST_ShaDoW has a reputation beyond repute ThE_LoST_ShaDoW has a reputation beyond repute ThE_LoST_ShaDoW's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-09-2008 11:30 PM
    Threads

Yeah Death and Rebirth kinda sucked. I haven't seen it for a long time, but what I remember is there was a lot of flashbacks. It seemed like it just recaped the series.

Senior Member mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2008 03:18 AM
    Threads

Seriously, I wished they'd played the string version of Pakabells Cannon for the ending credits instead of the the harpsicord. thj string version was better in the show, except when it finished with Toji puching Shinji. the snapping sound hurt when I was engrose in the song....
    Oh, right. the movie sucked too. Now I only play it if I want to listen to the music, I don't watch the movie any more. but I still watch the series and the End of Evangelion pretty regularly.

Senior Member dragongundam009 is a name known to all dragongundam009 is a name known to all dragongundam009 is a name known to all dragongundam009 is a name known to all dragongundam009 is a name known to all dragongundam009 is a name known to all dragongundam009's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2010 01:50 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by mythroch View Post
    Seriously, I wished they'd played the string version of Pakabells Cannon for the ending credits instead of the the harpsicord. thj string version was better in the show, except when it finished with Toji puching Shinji. the snapping sound hurt when I was engrose in the song....
    Oh, right. the movie sucked too. Now I only play it if I want to listen to the music, I don't watch the movie any more. but I still watch the series and the End of Evangelion pretty regularly.

Yah i know what you mean, i only play it if I want to listen to music too. I like when they were all playing at once,it was cool.

dragongundam009's gallery

Family

Brother:Crimson Phoenix

Space Dreaming Infinite Rave has a reputation beyond repute Infinite Rave has a reputation beyond repute Infinite Rave has a reputation beyond repute Infinite Rave has a reputation beyond repute Infinite Rave has a reputation beyond repute Infinite Rave has a reputation beyond repute Infinite Rave has a reputation beyond repute Infinite Rave has a reputation beyond repute Infinite Rave has a reputation beyond repute Infinite Rave has a reputation beyond repute Infinite Rave has a reputation beyond repute Infinite Rave's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur 004 - Charmander 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-05-2014 10:30 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Infinite Rave

I dont hate it....,but I didnt understand it somewhat...so yeah it was a bit of a let down

although I can wait to see the Rebuild of Evangelion movies, hopefully they'll make sense
    "I tried tell all my friends when I was a kid that I had powers,
    and nobody wanted to believe me."
    Scott ♥

Senior Member mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful-Lie View Post
    although I can wait to see the Rebuild of Evangelion movies, hopefully they'll make sense
    don't count on it. From what I understand it's just a money grab like the platinum series was. I'll be surprised,(admitidly pleasantly) if they are any diffrent from the origionals.

Senior Member AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2007 06:16 PM
    On a mission with Rosette and Chrono in Brooklin, defeating devils and evil guys by the Order.
    Threads

I did not like it. I have to say it was pretty bad. When I watched it, my mom told me to not watch the series anymore because of this movie, especially The End of Evangelion. I have not watched this movie is a very long time, but I thought that one was kind of confusing to me, and disgusting. Not that I do not like this series, I love it!!

Awesome set made by..*points at herself with an attitude* mwah ...

Rosette
    : But poopsie, we've come all this way to Sin City, so why not sin a little? Besides how often does a girl get to where an outfit like this?
    (Chrono Crusade)

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2007 04:30 PM
    Threads

Sig By "The Notorious M.A.C."
    He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."
    - Timo Cruz in "Coach Carter" (2005)

Junior Member superdood is on a distinguished road superdood's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2007 07:02 AM
    Threads

Isn't Death/Rebirth not much more than a clip show?

The Rocker Witch Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2008 12:51 PM
    Threads

I just don't understand why they did it. If I already have watched all the episodes with the Director's Cut, why make this "movie" showing all the things that happened? The only thing I like from it is the music -.-
    The Member Formerly Known as ~*Haru*~

[ This is my World, and you can't Join it ]
    Inhumane and Beautiful

You're a 90's kid when...
    You know that, before SpongeBob, the Snorkels inhabited the bottom of the Sea.

[~Set done by Megami~]

Senior Member Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Compass
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2012 07:00 PM
    Threads

One reason I should hate it, is that it was not what I expected it to be. Two, Horrible ending. -_-
    Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope...

Junior Member allan01 has a spectacular aura about allan01 has a spectacular aura about allan01 has a spectacular aura about allan01's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2007 12:01 AM
    Threads

as a fan of the evangellion series and end of evangellion i was rather dissapointed at the quality of the movie.
    i had only just rewatched the series the day before, so watching this was like a clip-note version of the night before.

just hopeing that the new neon genesis evangellion movies are allott better then life and death.

on the bright side, i watched end of evangellion after and it was awsome (was like wtf for mmost of the last half)

Senior Member Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Compass
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2012 07:00 PM
    Threads

Two words. " It sucked."
    Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope...

Member ken 666 is on a distinguished road ken 666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2008 08:25 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by w yǔ View Post
    Two words. " It sucked."
    agree. wasted my money. dang

Member ShinnAsuka is a splendid one to behold ShinnAsuka is a splendid one to behold ShinnAsuka is a splendid one to behold ShinnAsuka is a splendid one to behold ShinnAsuka is a splendid one to behold ShinnAsuka is a splendid one to behold ShinnAsuka is a splendid one to behold ShinnAsuka's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2008 07:13 PM
    Threads

I don't hate it that munch its to bring new fans to the EVA series.
    ShinnAsuka-Not a big fan of Gundam Seed
    but a fan of:

Death Note!!!!!!!!!!!

L

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ShinnAsuka View Post
    I don't hate it that munch its to bring new fans to the EVA series.
    Sorry dude, but i seriously cannot picture this show introducing Eva to people. its barely comprehensible to those who have watched it. if anything it'll turn a newbie of anime permanently because of its confusing timeline and ambiguous themes.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sorry dude, but i seriously cannot picture this show introducing Eva to people. its barely comprehensible to those who have watched it. if anything it'll turn a newbie of anime permanently because of its confusing timeline and ambiguous themes.
    Actually, it was. Death was to paraphrase the series for the movie goers, and Rebirth was to be a colossal teaser. That was the stated purpose.

And as for the Rebuilds... probably not rip-offs. The first three are re-tellings with large amounts of new material, and the last one is a third ending.

Oh, and to whomever: Death/Rebirth included scenes that weren’t in the original series. Then the Director's Cut/Platinum editions came out with the new scenes added in. So, if you've seen the Platinum or Directors editions, and are going to watch EoE, then this movie is useless to you.
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 06-19-2007 at 01:37 AM.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member kenji174 has a reputation beyond repute kenji174 has a reputation beyond repute kenji174 has a reputation beyond repute kenji174 has a reputation beyond repute kenji174 has a reputation beyond repute kenji174 has a reputation beyond repute kenji174 has a reputation beyond repute kenji174 has a reputation beyond repute kenji174 has a reputation beyond repute kenji174 has a reputation beyond repute kenji174 has a reputation beyond repute kenji174's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2010 06:47 AM
    Threads

I was dissapointed with it because as was said earlier it was lots of episodes jammed together
    When there is nothing left to protect then what do I fight for?

Senior Member Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san has a reputation beyond repute Chris-san's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2007 05:18 PM
    Threads

Wow..this makes me glad that I watched the series, skipped Death and Rebirth, and went straight into EoE. ...Did I miss anything skipping them?

Thanks to Divine Dragon from Bladegash for the awesome Sig!

/v|;/|/|) `|`}{;(-'/-'' daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2011 05:13 AM
    Threads

I never understood the purpose for it...

Except for when my friend Janice (who doesn't watch anime) wanted to see The End of Evangelion. 'Cause I explained the plot to her the best I could, but just explaining it wasn't enough, and she was so interested.

So I was going to let her borrow the series, so she could understand the movie better. But the problem being, she is kind of lazy and doesn't take care of things. (For example, my scratched up FLCL volume discs. T.T)

Then I thought to myself : 'Hey! I'll let her borrow Death/Re-Birth!'
    That way she could understand the movie, 'cause Death/Re-Birth is practically the series summed up into 2-3 hours!

So I let her borrow both..she watched..understood..enjoyed..
    got her mind blown..and I got some! -_O

Thank you Death/Re-Birth! ^_^
    SMILE!

Member [[~Anemone~]] is just really nice [[~Anemone~]] is just really nice [[~Anemone~]] is just really nice [[~Anemone~]] is just really nice [[~Anemone~]] is just really nice [[~Anemone~]]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2007 02:13 PM
    Threads

Isnt these two movies made cuz Anno was getting death threats?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We should not shed tears
    for that will serve as a defeat of our bodies to our hearts.
    It is then nothing more than proof
    for it to be said that our hearts are things
    beyond our ability to control.

Genius of Silver Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2011 07:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daiblix PSN ID: MillionSword

Its not a movie. Its just a summary of the series and a preview of the end. So...yeah. Strangely its the first eva thing I watched.

Junior Member winglessbaka is on a distinguished road winglessbaka's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2007 09:19 AM
    Threads

>>"Isnt these two movies made cuz Anno was getting death threats?"

no. they were made to 'complete' the series as the last 2 eps hardly completes. anno probably just found them to be amusing and placed it in end of eva for fun.

>>"Its not a movie."

its a movie. it was shown in theaters.

in death/rebirth's defence, it was made TO BE a recap. it was intended to be one, so i don't see how these complains are valid. as for why they made it in the first place, i agree, its kind of dumb (and heck, they are doing it again for the 4 new movies, lol). i would agree with skipping this one and right into end of eva.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information