AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Girl at the End Of Evangelion

HTC love MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2009 12:42 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Girl at the End Of Evangelion

So who do you believe was lying with Shinji at the closing scene of Evangelion. It was mainly Asuka but had Rei's bandages and Misato's eyes?

What could all this mean?

Senior Member Hellsing-Rules has a reputation beyond repute Hellsing-Rules has a reputation beyond repute Hellsing-Rules has a reputation beyond repute Hellsing-Rules has a reputation beyond repute Hellsing-Rules has a reputation beyond repute Hellsing-Rules has a reputation beyond repute Hellsing-Rules has a reputation beyond repute Hellsing-Rules has a reputation beyond repute Hellsing-Rules has a reputation beyond repute Hellsing-Rules has a reputation beyond repute Hellsing-Rules has a reputation beyond repute Hellsing-Rules's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2008 09:51 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: dont have one yet

thats a good point idk i think its Asuka but u never know
    This sigs was made by a girl named ♥Miss.Bun Bun♥

HTC love MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah but somehow, when Shinji rejected the instrumentality (and denied humans to evolve) Asuka appeared next to him. Could she have also rejected the collective evolution, or is she there because Shinji wishes her to be so.

Asuka is Shinji's romantic figure, Rei is a motherly figure to him, and Misato was also a authoritative image to him, so would it be absurd to suggest that the being next to him was what he saw to be the perfect woman?

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 05:05 PM
    Threads

MomijiTMO got the point...
    It is indeed possible that this person was something like perfect woman^^
    ...a gift from Balance...the legend itself...

~ click the button,I dare you ~

Senior Member Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2012 08:04 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MomijiTMO View Post
    So who do you believe was lying with Shinji at the closing scene of Evangelion. It was mainly Asuka but had Rei's bandages and Misato's eyes?

What could all this mean?
    It was Asuka. The bandages were there because earlier in the movie she got her aim split by the Lance of Longinus along with an eye injury. Her eyes are blue. Rei herself briefly showed up in that scene above the ocean. Rei, Asuka, and Shinji all made an appearance in the final scene.
    Last edited by Quik; 04-04-2007 at 11:05 AM.

Junior Member Love<3 ProFUSION~ is on a distinguished road Love<3 ProFUSION~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-07-2007 06:20 PM
    Threads

Quik is right, the girl at the end of The End of Evangelion was without a doubt Asuka. Like Quik said, the bandages coincide with Asuka's injuries and Asuka's eyes were confirmed to be blue, by the creator(s).

Junior Member Darknemo2000 is on a distinguished road Darknemo2000's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-09-2007 05:55 PM
    Threads

Yes, her eyes are blue... The colour looks different only because of shading, as it was said before, it was confirmed officially too, so such discussion who was the girl lying with Shinji in the end looses all its purpose...As the answer is rather plain and obvious - it was Asuka. The one and only, and not some mix of Asuka, Misato and Rei, no matter how symbolic or nice it would be.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Waaahhh but what if. . . .Oh well it appears that I got ahead of myself here. Thanks for the imput guys.

Senior Member mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2008 03:18 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
    Yes, her eyes are blue... The colour looks different only because of shading, as it was said before, it was confirmed officially too, so such discussion who was the girl lying with Shinji in the end looses all its purpose...As the answer is rather plain and obvious - it was Asuka. The one and only, and not some mix of Asuka, Misato and Rei, no matter how symbolic or nice it would be.
    Hold on, Hold on, but we love symbolism. you will note that Asuka's badages are exactly tha same as rei's when shinji first saw her. and i have the movie in still right now so i can garentee her eyes are brown.
    Hell even the ADR directors on the comentatry think its a mashing of all three. Though I admit her response when she woke up was very Asuka.

Off topic: Asuka, rei and misato were supposed to represent three diffrent aspects of woman.
    In Asuka there's the fiery,pushy type that really has security issues and need to be loved or at least acknowleged by those they have around them (We all know at least one, you know who you are )
    Rei represented a more reserved, obedient woman. (far more rare nowdays, though it was the general attitude encoraged in women a century ago.) fun for some i'm sure but a little dull im my opinion.
    Misato was the mothering figure (though she did it badly, so rei sometimes get mixed into this image.) but that was just an exajurated depiction of any parent. because after all, who feels confident about raising another human being. especialy one who isn't exactly like you (Or is exactly like you for that matter.) and her concen for shinji as well as Asuka was that of a parent more than a boss.

Back on topic: so I guess a melding of the three was inevitable, especially from shinji's view point, since there were parts about all of them that he did like as well as didn't like. and since he was practically god at that point he had the option. (after all, its easier to strangle one than three.)
    which was probably his final statement of rejction to all things woman. but if this was true i'm wondering why he stopped and/or why Kwoaru wasn't beside him instead.
    Last edited by mythroch; 04-14-2007 at 09:36 AM.

Senior Member AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2007 06:16 PM
    On a mission with Rosette and Chrono in Brooklin, defeating devils and evil guys by the Order.
    Threads

Wink

I believe Asuka is the one who was the perfect woman!! XD

Awesome set made by..*points at herself with an attitude* mwah ...

Rosette
    : But poopsie, we've come all this way to Sin City, so why not sin a little? Besides how often does a girl get to where an outfit like this?
    (Chrono Crusade)

The Rocker Witch Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares has a reputation beyond repute Antares's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2008 12:51 PM
    Threads

As was said before, Asuka was the one with Shinji at the end of the movie. The bandages: she was hurt. The eyes: because the light of the moment, it was kind of redish so her eyes appeared to be brown, but they're blue. As for the symbolism, I know we all wish for the creators to just make a conference or something and finally explain all the loose ends. But that's the beauty of Evangelion lol the loose ends. Why Asuka was the one? It's a nice question, so I'm going to give it a go and try to explain what I believe:

Evangelion's main characters are Shinji, Asuka and Rei and, funny enough, they're representations of Sigmund Freud's "Structural Theory". This theory says that the ego, the id and the super ego mediates among themselfs and the external world. "Its task is to find balance between primitive drives, morals and reality while satisfying the id and super ego." Quote from Wikipedia.

- The Id: Represented by Asuka. The id is the reason for human drive and Freud also said that it has to do with the libido. It's in conflict with the super ego, like a counter part.

- The Ego: Represented by Shinji. It's the part of the mental structure that chooses. Its mision is to regulate the id and the super ego. The ego it's also the part of the structure that faces reality.

- The Super Ego: Represented by Rei. It is said to be the representation of cultural or family regulation. It always demands to do the "right" thing.

Now, it's really obvious to see the motives why Asuka hates Rei so much. Rei is always doing the "right" thing (orders from Gendou or what not) and is willing to sacrifice herself if it's needed. While Asuka does things because she wants to. Shinji has the (bad)luck to be the guy who needs to choose between them. During the series we see that he might have feelings for Rei, but in the movie is clear that at the end he wants to be with Asuka (the hospital scene, a call to libido; the final scene of the movie, a call to human drive), in other words, he chooses the Id, he chooses Asuka (at least unconsciously). Since he rejected Instrumentality, he also choosed the Id. If Instrumentality happened, it would have been the "right" thing for humanity. So, in both parts, he rejected Rei.

Lastly, while Misato would have been a choice for Shinji, she is the representation of human desire and she's only partially represented in the Structural Theory (inside the Id). Human desire is different from human drive:

Human desire: what I want for me, but for some reasons I can't get it all.
    Human drive: what I'll do to please myself.

Ok, I'll stop now
    Last edited by Antares; 04-13-2007 at 02:00 PM.
    The Member Formerly Known as ~*Haru*~

[ This is my World, and you can't Join it ]
    Inhumane and Beautiful

You're a 90's kid when...
    You know that, before SpongeBob, the Snorkels inhabited the bottom of the Sea.

[~Set done by Megami~]

Junior Member paige_ is on a distinguished road paige_'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2007 12:20 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    It was Asuka. The bandages were there because earlier in the movie she got her aim split by the Lance of Longinus along with an eye injury. Her eyes are blue. Rei herself briefly showed up in that scene above the ocean. Rei, Asuka, and Shinji all made an appearance in the final scene.
    i thought it was only asuka who appeared.. i didn't know rei appeared as well
    so tell me something..

Senior Member Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Compass
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2012 07:00 PM
    Threads

Indeed it was Asuka. There is no denying it.
    Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope...

Junior Member Terenin is infamous around these parts Terenin is infamous around these parts Terenin is infamous around these parts Terenin is infamous around these parts Terenin's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-03-2008 10:56 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    As was said before, Asuka was the one with Shinji at the end of the movie. The bandages: she was hurt. The eyes: because the light of the moment, it was kind of redish so her eyes appeared to be brown, but they're blue. As for the symbolism, I know we all wish for the creators to just make a conference or something and finally explain all the loose ends. But that's the beauty of Evangelion lol the loose ends. Why Asuka was the one? It's a nice question, so I'm going to give it a go and try to explain what I believe:

Evangelion's main characters are Shinji, Asuka and Rei and, funny enough, they're representations of Sigmund Freud's "Structural Theory". This theory says that the ego, the id and the super ego mediates among themselfs and the external world. "Its task is to find balance between primitive drives, morals and reality while satisfying the id and super ego." Quote from Wikipedia.

- The Id: Represented by Asuka. The id is the reason for human drive and Freud also said that it has to do with the libido. It's in conflict with the super ego, like a counter part.

- The Ego: Represented by Shinji. It's the part of the mental structure that chooses. Its mision is to regulate the id and the super ego. The ego it's also the part of the structure that faces reality.

- The Super Ego: Represented by Rei. It is said to be the representation of cultural or family regulation. It always demands to do the "right" thing.

Now, it's really obvious to see the motives why Asuka hates Rei so much. Rei is always doing the "right" thing (orders from Gendou or what not) and is willing to sacrifice herself if it's needed. While Asuka does things because she wants to. Shinji has the (bad)luck to be the guy who needs to choose between them. During the series we see that he might have feelings for Rei, but in the movie is clear that at the end he wants to be with Asuka (the hospital scene, a call to libido; the final scene of the movie, a call to human drive), in other words, he chooses the Id, he chooses Asuka (at least unconsciously). Since he rejected Instrumentality, he also choosed the Id. If Instrumentality happened, it would have been the "right" thing for humanity. So, in both parts, he rejected Rei.

Lastly, while Misato would have been a choice for Shinji, she is the representation of human desire and she's only partially represented in the Structural Theory (inside the Id). Human desire is different from human drive:

Human desire: what I want for me, but for some reasons I can't get it all.
    Human drive: what I'll do to please myself.

Ok, I'll stop now
    Nice explenation. I read the Wiki files on NGE and Freud's ideas on Id, ego and super ego is well enhanced in the series, indeed you are right. But most don't see that and I had no idea before I read the info on Wikipedia, so I realized it later. That's one of the reasons I love NGE: It's so fantasticly deep, it's mind boggling to watch, and the scenes where Shinji is having... what to call it... mental struggles. Well those one had to watch hundreds of times to even begin to understand.

Nice explenation indeed, and thanks for making it.
    The things I possess are my life and mind.

- Rei Ayanami

Senior Member Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2012 08:04 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by mythroch View Post
    Hold on, Hold on, but we love symbolism.
    Which may be why you want to believe that Asuka, Rei, and Misato were one in the end, but they werent.

and i have the movie in still right now so i can garentee her eyes are brown.
    Take a look at the image without that particular lighting/shading.

Do you see now? They are blue. It was Asuka herself at the end of the movie.

Senior Member AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17 has much to be proud of AngelQueen17's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2007 06:16 PM
    On a mission with Rosette and Chrono in Brooklin, defeating devils and evil guys by the Order.
    Threads

*gasps* Oohhh!! So that's the whole point that Asuka's eyes aren't brown. For a second I thought members on AF were talking about Asuka's death, that she was injured by her eye, and got her hand sliced in half. Then, I read that her eyes were brown. I was wondering ("Huh? She had brown eyes at the very end of Evangelion when she was on the ground, laying with Shinji?). Apparently, her eyes are blue people. I don't know what you guys are talking about.

Awesome set made by..*points at herself with an attitude* mwah ...

Rosette
    : But poopsie, we've come all this way to Sin City, so why not sin a little? Besides how often does a girl get to where an outfit like this?
    (Chrono Crusade)

Member [[~Anemone~]] is just really nice [[~Anemone~]] is just really nice [[~Anemone~]] is just really nice [[~Anemone~]] is just really nice [[~Anemone~]] is just really nice [[~Anemone~]]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2007 02:13 PM
    Threads

Like the people said in the commentaries in the movie, its a thing we may never know.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We should not shed tears
    for that will serve as a defeat of our bodies to our hearts.
    It is then nothing more than proof
    for it to be said that our hearts are things
    beyond our ability to control.

Senior Member Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Things we never know, we soon find out. ==;
    Last edited by Sawada Ieyasu; 07-05-2007 at 10:36 PM. Reason: ..Already said the same comment a while back. =/
    Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope...

Member animesaint is a jewel in the rough animesaint is a jewel in the rough animesaint is a jewel in the rough animesaint's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2007 02:17 PM
    Threads

I thought the ending was that Shinji accepted that everyone should have a mind that is enclosed and Rei kinda was helping him to accept it? Then Shinji and Asuka woke up on a beach? And then humans who had the will to live could come back because of the waters filled with "something". Just like at the part where Shinji kinda dissolved into "something" and then came back because he wanted to. Kinda. Thats my take on the ending. Although I saw bandages around Asuka at the end, I didn't percieve the other 2 girls havings some charateristics on Asuka.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Animesaint. It's called destruction and relocating! Something happened to relocate them there since after the destruction of the ..whatever that was.

Junior Member deafman is on a distinguished road deafman's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2007 01:20 PM
    Threads

Yeah I have a question why is asuka wearing that dress isn't that misato's?

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I think it was her dress if I remember correctly.

Junior Member Reishiro has a spectacular aura about Reishiro has a spectacular aura about Reishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2007 06:59 PM
    Threads

Hold on, Hold on, but we love symbolism. you will note that Asuka's badages are exactly tha same as rei's when shinji first saw her. and i have the movie in still right now so i can garentee her eyes are brown.
    Not sure on this, but I think that they reversed the placement on the bandages and it just increases the Rei/Asuka as opposites image.

Junior Member KaiChansSaga is on a distinguished road KaiChansSaga's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-20-2007 04:01 AM
    Threads

*sigh* If any of the people who thinks it's Rei, Asuka, and Misato formed into one person you seriously didn't pay attention to the movie. It was just Asuka. She had the bandages because of her accident before smart ones and I didn't see anything that looked like Misato's. If you look Asuka has blue eyes not brown (or grey since the lighting) So it was no other person but Asuka.

Closed Thread

Thread Information