AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Music????

HTC love MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2009 12:42 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Extreme Music????

Hi guys and gals!

Does anyone who loves anime and manga listen to more extreme genres of music?

I am wondering if I am the only person here who does.

Member Evofragment is a glorious beacon of light Evofragment is a glorious beacon of light Evofragment is a glorious beacon of light Evofragment is a glorious beacon of light Evofragment is a glorious beacon of light Evofragment's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2007 06:50 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: none

I do. I listen to all kinds of music, from really slow and sappy love songs to rip your face off and make your head explode songs.

If you listen to too much "extreme" stuff, it doesn't seem so extreme after a while, and you need something crazier to get the same effect. It's like drugs XD. That's probably why that Japanese extreme noise stuff came around. Nothing with a distinct melody was extreme enough, so they just needed to make excessivley loud and ultra fast noise. Not that it's bad, I even listen to it on occasion. I'll send you some if you don't know what I'm talking about.

HTC love MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Evofragment View Post
    If you listen to too much "extreme" stuff, it doesn't seem so extreme after a while, and you need something crazier to get the same effect. It's like drugs XD.
    AHAHA thats a good point . Anyways were you talking about Grindcore? That's a wall of noise.

Senior Member Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2011 03:57 PM
    Threads

I do! I have tons of death metal and black metal. As well as folk metal (I think thats related?). Great stuff, a little hard to get into at first but the pay-off is great.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

AHAHAHA Folk Metal!

Good ol' SKYCLAD, AMORPHIS and KORPIKLAANI.

Any fav Death and Black bands?

Senior Member Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Opeth, Burzum, Atheist, old Ulver (new stuff is good, but it isn't black metal), Moonsorrow, Drudkh, Bathory, Darkthrone, Immortal, Edge Of Sanity, Enslaved, Emperor, and Thyrfing are probably up there.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The new ULVER cracks me up. Regardless Garm is one of those weird people.

Do you like CYNIC? Their release came out around the same time as ATHEIST and is just as technical with jazz fusion.

Emperor are my favourite band of all time. Ihsahn's vocals!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sadly I don't, but I've heard about them and they look good, and if they're like Atheist I'm sure they will be.
    Last edited by Ryth; 03-31-2007 at 09:58 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Cynic Review
    They are like Atheist but the vocals are a bit different.

Senior Member shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-27-2007 07:59 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: im a shinobi

Heavy metal and like ryth said.

If you are true ninja you would copy "i support the ninja"into your sig and help conquer the internet.

Senior Member DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Heart Carrot Chilled Monkey Brains
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2013 03:50 PM
    Threads

I like the intros and endings of the anime's,they're good, But i think like rock is a bit extreme, but not too extreme..

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MomijiTMO View Post
    Cynic Review
    They are like Atheist but the vocals are a bit different.
    That sounds really promising, I really need to check it out now.

I also forgot Lykathea Aflame and !.T.O.O.H.! as favourites.

Senior Member Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2007 02:09 AM
    Threads

I'll listen to everything and anything as long as it isn't Pop music from the 1985 onwards! Pop music from then onwards is just (I say this 'cause Queen counts as Pop for some reason?)

From Death Metal to Electro. Mowtown to Power Rock. Even Jazz
    The most 'extreme' Album i've got is Big Black:Atomizer. Thats just a huge amount of angry noise, which is kinda cool at 3am in the morning during nightshift!

What do you class as extreme though. Take 'Prod Rock' for example. Now it's just a messed up version of Rock that nobody would really understand, but back in the 70's, was quite normal. When Punk first hit the world, it was as extreme as you could get, but now is degraded bt Wannaby Faggots.

Thanks Nespa for this lovely sig!!!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well at first I thinking about Extreme Metal (Black, Death) but your opinion that 'extreme' changing with time is quite valid.

Anyway, do you have any favourite Metal acts?

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I tried to get into the deeper blacker deathier metals, but was turned off. You play your guitar so fast your fingers fall off? Fine and dandy. I can't hear you over your guitar? Bad. I can't understand you[beleive me, I've tried and retried]? Bad. In the end, I got tired of the 'extreme' nature of it. I got tired of hearing about all the borderline criminal acts of sadism, I got tired of hearing about the band fights, I got tired of listening to lyrics with the SAME DAMN MESSAGE over and over.

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Tee Hee

Its harder when they decide to play in A Drop (referring to Nile).

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Toastie View Post
    I'll listen to everything and anything as long as it isn't Pop music from the 1985 onwards! Pop music from then onwards is just (I say this 'cause Queen counts as Pop for some reason?)

From Death Metal to Electro. Mowtown to Power Rock. Even Jazz
    The most 'extreme' Album i've got is Big Black:Atomizer. Thats just a huge amount of angry noise, which is kinda cool at 3am in the morning during nightshift!

What do you class as extreme though. Take 'Prod Rock' for example. Now it's just a messed up version of Rock that nobody would really understand, but back in the 70's, was quite normal. When Punk first hit the world, it was as extreme as you could get, but now is degraded bt Wannaby Faggots.
    Prod Rock?......prog rock?...

"Extreme Metal" is pretty much anything in the thrash metal, doom metal, death metal, and black metal genres (ignoring all the subgenres and variations, those four are the general kinds). They pretty much fit that category.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ryth View Post
    Prod Rock?......prog rock?...

"Extreme Metal" is pretty much anything in the thrash metal, doom metal, death metal, and black metal genres (ignoring all the subgenres and variations, those four are the general kinds). They pretty much fit that category.
    Yup that pretty much sums it up.

Mors Principium Est anyone?

Senior Member Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie has much to be proud of Toastie's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sorry for the late reply

@ MomijiTMO: Metal Bands, These are some I listen too: Trivium, Metallica, Lamb Of God, Soulfly, Hammerfall and Big Black are possibly the ones I listen to the most. Does Megadeath count?

Also, what's wrong with Prod Rock or is it something new to you? The most famous Prod Rock bands would be 'Yes' and 'Keith Emmerson and the Nice'

Rock On!
    Last edited by Toastie; 04-05-2007 at 08:07 AM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sorry for the late reply

@ MomijiTMO: Metal Bands, These are some I listen too: Trivium, Metallica, Lamb Of God, Soulfly, Hammerfall and Big Black are possibly the ones I listen to the most. Does Megadeath count?

Also, what's wrong with Prod Rock or is it something new to you? The most famous Prod Rock bands would be 'Yes' and 'Keith Emmerson and the Nice'

Rock On!
    It sounds like you listen to metalcore (Trivium), thrash metal (Metallica, Megadeth), alternative metal (soulfly), and power metal (HammerFall). Big Black is a noise rock band though, not metal.

Nothing is wrong with prog rock, it's my favourite. I've just never heard it referred to as prod rock, nor do I think it's supposed to. I love bands like Yes, Emerson, Lake, And Palmer, King Crimson, Rush, Pink Floyd, Wishbone Ash, Frank Zappa, and so on.

Junior Member The_Mother is on a distinguished road The_Mother's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-04-2007 03:50 PM
    Threads

my laptop is my music...

ONLY METAL, OF ALL KINDS!!!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ryth View Post
    It sounds like you listen to metalcore (Trivium), thrash metal (Metallica, Megadeth), alternative metal (soulfly), and power metal (HammerFall). Big Black is a noise rock band though, not metal.

Nothing is wrong with prog rock, it's my favourite. I've just never heard it referred to as prod rock, nor do I think it's supposed to. I love bands like Yes, Emerson, Lake, And Palmer, King Crimson, Rush, Pink Floyd, Wishbone Ash, Frank Zappa, and so on.
    I never questioned myself for calling it 'Prod Rock', even when I knew it meant 'Progress Rock' Man I feel like a right Dumbass!

Anyway, like I said I've got a varied taste in music and those are just a few bands I class as 'Metal' as most of the 'Sining' is actually screaming, but meh...

My absaloute favourites bands are much older like The Who and (the not as old) Iron maiden.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I never questioned myself for calling it 'Prod Rock', even when I knew it meant 'Progress Rock' Man I feel like a right Dumbass!

Anyway, like I said I've got a varied taste in music and those are just a few bands I class as 'Metal' as most of the 'Sining' is actually screaming, but meh...

My absaloute favourites bands are much older like The Who and (the not as old) Iron maiden.
    I hate to be a jerk...but it actually is short for "progressive rock."

The Who (Progressive/Hard Rock) and Iron Maiden (Heavy Metal) are incredible.

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

Most extreme band I listen to is Probably Agalloch. A Folk/Doom/Black Metal band. Really melodic, and eerily sinister as well.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i listen to vinyll underground rap music, i luv it
    i love reggaeton, soca, lots of island music i'd have to say
    and i love old skool r&b

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

Closed Thread

Thread Information