AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Pakistan Cricket Coach Murdered!!!

Myrra's stalker. Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2008 08:10 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs down Pakistan Cricket Coach Murdered!!!

Quote Originally Posted by From BBC News
    Pakistan's cricket coach Bob Woolmer was murdered in his hotel room on Sunday after the team's World Cup shock defeat to Ireland, Jamaican police say.

A post-mortem examination establish that the former England player had died as a result of "manual strangulation", police Commissiner Lucius Thomas said.

"In these circumstance, the matter of Mr. Woolmer's death is now being treated as murder.," he told a news conference.

Police have appealed for any witnesses to come forward.
    The source.

I knew form the momment I heard of Woolmer's death that it was foul play. I just hope the police catch the killer or killers.

Credit goes to PhoenixChan*~ for this set.

Senior Member WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2007 02:20 AM
    Threads

Well, when I speak on behalf of the American population here, I must ask, what is this cricket you speak of?

Just kidding. Wow, if it's related to his team losing the "World Cup", I'm very, very surprised. Well, its what happens when gambling goes too far.

His name sounds British, what's he doing coaching Pakistan, since aren't these cricket teams kind of . . . nationalistic?
    “I found one day in school a boy of medium size ill-treating a smaller boy. I expostulated, but he replied: 'The bigs hit me, so I hit the babies; that's fair.' In these words he epitomized the history of the human race.” –Bertrand Russell

Thanks to Chimes for the Avatar

Owned by LoliDoll Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2009 07:57 AM
    Threads

I'm a cricket fan, and I enjoyed watching England playing against other teams but when I first heard the murder of Bob Woolmer on ITV news (does his first name sound American?) I was really shocked. And I don't really understand why the killer murdered him.
    And I heard that the police are working on the investigation. I hope they'd find Woolmer's killer.
    ---

---
    Awesome set made by ~Wonderwice~!
    <3
    [ Ruler of Rose ; Skyla. ]

~[ R.I.P ]~
    Rebecca Medford-Edwards
    25 August 1992 - 23 November 2007
    Lesley-Jo Smith
    3rd March 1989 - 17th February 2008

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

His name sounds British, what's he doing coaching Pakistan, since aren't these cricket teams kind of . . . nationalistic?
    Just like any other sport the teams want the best coaches. And Bob Woolmer was one of the very best.
    As to what happened, we can only speculate. But as Pakistan did lose to Ireland, thereby knocking them out of further competition, it's looking very much as the reason for his death.
    I hope the police there resolve this case quickly for the sake of Woolmer's family and for the Pakistani team. It must be really hard on the team, especially as they had to play Zimbabwe after his death (which fittingly, they won in tribute to their coach).

Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

Oh yes i heard about this. Pakistan fans did not take loosing to Ireland very well. And its that much more insulting that pretty much everyone here in Ireland's first thought upon hearing the news of the victory was 'We have a cricket team?'. Yes apparently the fans were burning effigies of the team players. It really doesn't surprise me. Loosing that badly. It would be like if Brazil lost to America in soccer or new Zealand lost to Italy in rugby.
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2007 04:30 PM
    Threads

People go crazy over sports. He probably got one of those "Lose or I'll kill you threats". Problem is that he probably got a "Win or I'll kill you" threat too".

It's a sad story but at least he went out a winner.

Sig By "The Notorious M.A.C."
    He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."
    - Timo Cruz in "Coach Carter" (2005)

Myrra's stalker. Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2008 08:10 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mugetsu View Post
    People go crazy over sports. He probably got one of those "Lose or I'll kill you threats". Problem is that he probably got a "Win or I'll kill you" threat too".
    I won't be suprize if that was the reason for killing him.

The Pakistani team has been some scandals in the past two years before the murder. First it was 'ball tampering' clam in the final test match against England last year. Then a couple of months latter, their two best players were kicked out from the team for having some ban steriods like durg in their blood system and now this. Talking about bad luck.

Credit goes to PhoenixChan*~ for this set.

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Warrior View Post
    I won't be suprize if that was the reason for killing him.

The Pakistani team has been some scandals in the past two years before the murder. First it was 'ball tampering' clam in the final test match against England last year. Then a couple of months latter, their two best players were kicked out from the team for having some ban steriods like durg in their blood system and now this. Talking about bad luck.
    Speaking of which, the Pakistani coach was writing a book before he was killed and it was believed that he was going to revile all the information on match fixes and drug abuse in his team. This is turning into a conspiracy!
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

Senior Member sadida has a reputation beyond repute sadida has a reputation beyond repute sadida has a reputation beyond repute sadida has a reputation beyond repute sadida has a reputation beyond repute sadida has a reputation beyond repute sadida has a reputation beyond repute sadida has a reputation beyond repute sadida has a reputation beyond repute sadida has a reputation beyond repute sadida has a reputation beyond repute sadida's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 10:20 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by miniPhil View Post
    Speaking of which, the Pakistani coach was writing a book before he was killed and it was believed that he was going to revile all the information on match fixes and drug abuse in his team. This is turning into a conspiracy!
    Wow! Didnt know that.Isn't it scary when people take this stuff so seriously that they kill?

Unrelated note: Yay! West Indies won today!!!
    (^this freak rules^)--
    (no she doesn't!!)---
    (what's going on?)- --(dude...)
    (Silence, o clueless one!)

<(i'm schizo!)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Warning! Contains graphic idiocy-
    Parental Guidance strongly discouraged

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well according to the BBC website the family said he received no threats.
    Bob Wolmer's agent gave this statement,
    "To the best of the family's knowledge, there is absolutely nothing to suggest Bob was involved in match-fixing. Contrary to reports, we can confirm there is nothing in any book Bob has written that would explain this situation and there were no threats received."

This is the problem with news today, with the speed it gets out there the journalists tend to jump the gun, allowing conspiracy nuts to go crazy.
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Closed Thread

Thread Information