AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Come live at my house

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2007 04:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Come live at my house

I recently saw an interesting bulletin on Myspace (what are the odds of that???) that dealt with the topic of immigration. I copied it into my blog because there was no article linked to it.

http://www.animeforum.com/blogs/view...hp?entry=32359

I think it's an interesting way to think about the subject. Most people (from what I have heard) seem to view the immigrants as victims. But for every hard working person just look for a better life, you also have a conman looking to take advantage of the system.

What are your thoughts on the issue?

Sig By "The Notorious M.A.C."
    He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."
    - Timo Cruz in "Coach Carter" (2005)

Matsu-Matsu-San Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2008 11:53 AM
    Threads

lol good issue, i do think that its unfair that we have to learn another countries language just so we can talk to them....y cant they learn english? But its not just the hispanic though. my dad was an illegal immagrant for about 2 years, but he earned his right to live here and its not hard at all. But the language thing get me alot. Im a nurse and when illegal immagrants come in with no SSN or tax id number and they dont speak english, it makes it really hard on us athe the hospital.

~*Inspired by Skyla_G*~

[Justin Wong]: Im the Greatest Street Fighter player in the world!!!
    [Rival Deigo]: Street fighter is over-rated...Just like spelling!

No.1 Maverick Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2008 09:15 PM
    Threads

Yes, language is a big issue because it's one of the most important aspects of culture. Poeple don't want to lose that becasue it's more of a matter of cultural pride. I think everyone should at least know English as a second language if not a first. It's the most widespread language, so it makes sense to learn it.
    Made by my lover ♥ Jagan Eye

Yaoi Extremist sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2007 09:11 PM
    In a magical place where yaoi reigns supreme
    Threads

Immigration is one of the few topics I can't really side on since my parents were immigrants too. But there's a big diffrence between my parents and the problem stated here. First off my parents are LEGAL immigrants from Europe that know English and have a good job and an education to back it up.

As for the illegal ones why the hell do they want to come to the U.S anyways? Although we might have more jobs that available here, it's harder to get a well paying one that can pay all the high taxes and such that our government calls for. There's also the problem of them telling Americans that speak English to start speaking their language. This is the only thing that really bothers me about illegal immigration. Since when can a minority tell a developed, wealthy, powerful country to speak someone else's native tongue?
    Last edited by sasunarubishoujo; 03-20-2007 at 08:24 PM.
    Made by Fast as Fire
    I <3 You!

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2013 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oh, I have a lot to say on immigration. The United States was founded on immigaration. You cannot deny the heritage. Some of my ancestors were here long before the white folks arrived in their very big boats, but the too were immigrants to this land. Immigrants have always been an issue. An opinion columnist in our paper wrote something up about that very subject on St. Pat's day noting how vilified the Irish were when they immigrated here en mass. Some of my other ancestors were among those who came here seeking relief from the famine in Ireland. Others of my ancestors immigrated here before the US became a nation and helped fight for our independence. Then others of my ancestors came more recently fleeing poverty in Mexico. How they came to be here is moot as they are all dead now, but as a nation founded on immigration I find it rather repugnant that so many still choose to villify the newest wave of immigrants.
    And fyi, they aren't forcing you to learn their language. Many communities choose to offer services and aid to those new to their communities in their native tongue. It helps a lot as people tend to be more comfortable with their native tongue than with a newly acquired forein language. How many of you have studied another language? From the way some of you write, I wonder how well you've studied this one. Learning a new language is hard, more so when there's no one who speaks your native tongue to teach it to you. ESL or the equivalent courses are offerred to help the immigrants learn English and many of them do. Given time and the opportunity most immigrants are willing, even eager to learn English. They do want to be able to communicate.

btw, I've looked it up and Chinese is the most widely spoken language, not English. English comes a distant second.

Last edited by Myrra; 03-21-2007 at 12:33 AM.
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Junior Member otaku_24 can only hope to improve otaku_24's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2007 02:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 3791041380462566

it is difficult to decide on your mind, because every time a citizen tries to give a reason why illegal immigration is bad they go directly and give an example of "how other people can go and cross your house fence", it is a matter that in reality is not affecting me in any way, if an illegal immigrant takes that mcdonalds job I dun care, if I want a job I will know I won't be in that mcdonalds, why? because I aint no immigrant, and on top of all I wouldn't like to get that immigrants pay, hey if they get benefits I don't well then that is a good way of spending taxpayers money instead of using it for the war, there's other matters we need to be focused on instead of illegals getting free stays

others comments I've heard are, "well they should just come legally"... as if it was easy for them geting a passport or a green card, that's why they come in illegaly because they don't have the legal way to come and cross the border

it would be better to legalize the current people in the US that proves they have been here for years and with families instead of separate their kids from them that were born here and send the parents away

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2007 04:30 PM
    Threads

While no one can doubt that this country was built on immigration it is somewhat different now than it was in the past.

Before the country was still in a stage of rapid growth and developement. The hard working immigrants were a key to the success and developement of this country. They did not want to be seen as immigrants. They paid taxes and added to the pride and heritage of the country. They did things for the betterment of themselves and the country in which they worked so hard to live. Even though they were not always well received they persevered for years through hard work and determination to gain the respect of the people in their community who may have opposed them before. The point is that they worked hard for everything that they received financially and in the way of respect and acceptance. And by acceptance I'm not saying that all is peaceful and perfect now but it is much better than it was in the past.

But many people see todays immigrants in a different light. True there are some that personify same spirit and hard work ethic that was shown by the earlier wave of immigrants, but many are not like that. Many are just here to take advantage of the system.

Granted it's not easy to learn another language (especially english), especially when you get older...but at least make an attempt. I can't understand how you can live here for 5-10 years and not know ANY english. If I went to Germany for a year you better believe that I would at least be able to use a few simple phrases by the time that year was over. And many of the immigrants today have the choice to learn english and CHOOSE not to.

I have no problem with immigrants in general because the fact is...are you ready...we all came from immigrants. Even if your of Native American descent some of your ancestors immigrated here by coming over a land bridge. My only gripe really is when someone comes to the country from another land and all they seem to do is constantly bad mouth the U.S. We all know that there are problems but if your not going to try to do something to fix it then shut up. Your making it worse. If the country were that bad then why are you here? Why are you not trying to make it better?

And that is what I think is the biggest perceived difference between todays immigrants and those who helped to build this country. There is absolutely no doubt that the previous wave of immigration made this country immeasurably stronger. Sure not everyone made a positive contribution, but back then no one was collecting checks and benefits from the government. They were opening buisinesses or working hard in general for themselves and others.

I personally feel that the U.S. seems quicker to run to another country to get involved in their disputes than it is to solving the issues it has at home. If the focus was shifted a little more to domestic issues than international I don't think immigration would be much of an issue at all.

Sig By "The Notorious M.A.C."
    He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."
    - Timo Cruz in "Coach Carter" (2005)

Closed Thread

Thread Information