AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: love , peace , and war

Member smogthewise is infamous around these parts smogthewise is infamous around these parts smogthewise is infamous around these parts smogthewise is infamous around these parts smogthewise is infamous around these parts smogthewise is infamous around these parts smogthewise's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2008 10:42 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default love , peace , and war

are they one and the same or are they differnt?
    if im a monkey and your a rat and we have a baby will it be raonky?

Heartless Angel Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Cake Heart Katana
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2024 01:42 PM
    Threads

All caused by who you love and hate. I think they are connected in a way.
    I can only post one day a week. ...Phooey.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smogthewise View Post
    I see three scenarios: You've been reading wayyyy (and I mean wayyyyyyyyyyy) too much Orwell, or you're somehow retarded enough to confuse basic concepts that are obviously not the same, or you're a hippie that prances around in a flowery dress and exclaiming pseudo-deep nonsense like "Love is fruit! Plants are people!" and "I feel cosmos hugging me!"

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Member smogthewise is infamous around these parts smogthewise is infamous around these parts smogthewise is infamous around these parts smogthewise is infamous around these parts smogthewise is infamous around these parts smogthewise is infamous around these parts smogthewise's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2008 10:42 PM
    Threads

i think there same in ways you fight wars for love and peace and you want peace and love so you fight wars so you can keep it
    if im a monkey and your a rat and we have a baby will it be raonky?

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i think there same in ways you fight wars for love and peace and you want peace and love so you fight wars so you can keep it
    Love, n. Bogus concept pushed by corporations trying to sell cards and plastic hearts and 8 year old girls.
    Love, v. The word "sex" for prude people.
    Peace, n. The state of not being in war, usually by some sort of treaty or agreement.
    War, n. Systematic campaign of killing between two distinct homogeneous groups of people.

War and peace are mutually exclusive, and they are both distinctly different from love, in any meaning of the word.

Oath of Blood Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cookie Wine Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2014 03:04 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

we live to fight, we fight to win, we win to live... and reaon of it is love
    Onew by Ωmega
    "If my joy brings you happiness, I am thankful"

Junior Member Chibi-Usa1331 will become famous soon enough Chibi-Usa1331's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-27-2007 11:05 AM
    Threads

Love (n)-
    1. a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
    2. a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
    3. sexual passion or desire.
    4. a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.
    5. (used in direct address as a term of endearment, affection, or the like): Would you like to see a movie, love?
    6. a love affair; an intensely amorous incident; amour.
    7. sexual intercourse; copulation.
    8. (initial capital letter) a personification of sexual affection, as Eros or Cupid.
    9. affectionate concern for the well-being of others: the love of one's neighbor.
    10. strong predilection, enthusiasm, or liking for anything: her love of books.
    11. the object or thing so liked: The theater was her great love.
    12. the benevolent affection of God for His creatures, or the reverent affection due from them to God.
    13. Chiefly Tennis. a score of zero; nothing.
    14. a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter L.
    –verb (used with object)
    15. to have love or affection for: All her pupils love her.
    16. to have a profoundly tender, passionate affection for (another person).
    17. to have a strong liking for; take great pleasure in: to love music.
    18. to need or require; benefit greatly from: Plants love sunlight.
    19. to embrace and kiss (someone), as a lover.
    20. to have sexual intercourse with.
    –verb (used without object)
    21. to have love or affection for another person; be in love.
    —Verb phrase
    22. love up, to hug and cuddle: She loves him up every chance she gets.
    —Idioms
    23. for love,
    a. out of affection or liking; for pleasure.
    b. without compensation; gratuitously: He took care of the poor for love.
    24. for the love of, in consideration of; for the sake of: For the love of mercy, stop that noise.
    25. in love, infused with or feeling deep affection or passion: a youth always in love.
    26. in love with, feeling deep affection or passion for (a person, idea, occupation, etc.); enamored of: in love with the girl next door; in love with one's work.
    27. make love,
    a. to embrace and kiss as lovers.
    b. to engage in sexual activity.
    28. no love lost, dislike; animosity: There was no love lost between the two brothers.
    [Origin: bef. 900; (n.) ME; OE lufu, c. OFris luve, OHG luba, Goth lubō; (v.) ME lov(i)en, OE lufian; c. OFris luvia, OHG lubōn to love, L lubére (later libére) to be pleasing; akin to lief]

—Synonyms 1. tenderness, fondness, predilection, warmth, passion, adoration. 1, 2. Love, affection, devotion all mean a deep and enduring emotional regard, usually for another person. Love may apply to various kinds of regard: the charity of the Creator, reverent adoration toward God or toward a person, the relation of parent and child, the regard of friends for each other, romantic feelings for another person, etc. Affection is a fondness for others that is enduring and tender, but calm. Devotion is an intense love and steadfast, enduring loyalty to a person; it may also imply consecration to a cause. 2. liking, inclination, regard, friendliness. 15. like. 16. adore, adulate, worship.
    —Antonyms 1, 2. hatred, dislike. 15, 16. detest, hate.

Junior Member Chibi-Usa1331 will become famous soon enough Chibi-Usa1331's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

War-adjective
    –noun
    1. a conflict carried on by force of arms, as between nations or between parties within a nation; warfare, as by land, sea, or air.
    2. a state or period of armed hostility or active military operations: The two nations were at war with each other.
    3. a contest carried on by force of arms, as in a series of battles or campaigns: the War of 1812.
    4. active hostility or contention; conflict; contest: a war of words.
    5. aggressive business conflict, as through severe price cutting in the same industry or any other means of undermining competitors: a fare war among airlines; a trade war between nations.
    6. a struggle: a war for men's minds; a war against poverty.
    7. armed fighting, as a science, profession, activity, or art; methods or principles of waging armed conflict: War is the soldier's business.
    8. Cards.
    a. a game for two or more persons, played with a 52-card pack evenly divided between the players, in which each player turns up one card at a time with the higher card taking the lower, and in which, when both turned up cards match, each player lays one card face down and turns up another, the player with the higher card of the second turn taking all the cards laid down.
    b. an occasion in this game when both turned up cards match.
    9. Archaic. a battle.
    10. to make or carry on war; fight: to war with a neighboring nation.
    11. to carry on active hostility or contention: Throughout her life she warred with sin and corruption.
    12. to be in conflict or in a state of strong opposition: The temptation warred with his conscience.
    –adjective
    13. of, belonging to, used in, or due to war: war preparations; war hysteria.
    [Origin: bef. 1150; (n.) ME, late OE werre < ONF < Gmc; c. OHG werra strife; (v.) ME, late OE werrien (transit.) to make war upon, deriv. of the n.; cf. OF guerrer, ONF werreier; akin to war2]
    Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
    Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, &#169; Random House, Inc. 2006.
    Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
    war2 /wɑr/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[wahr] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –adjective, adverb Scot. and North England.
    worse.
    [Origin: 1150–1200; ME werre < ON verri worse]

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

peace-noun, interjection, verb, peaced, peac&#183;ing.
    –noun
    1. the normal, nonwarring condition of a nation, group of nations, or the world.
    2. (often initial capital letter) an agreement or treaty between warring or antagonistic nations, groups, etc., to end hostilities and abstain from further fighting or antagonism: the Peace of Ryswick.
    3. a state of mutual harmony between people or groups, esp. in personal relations: Try to live in peace with your neighbors.
    4. the normal freedom from civil commotion and violence of a community; public order and security: He was arrested for being drunk and disturbing the peace.
    5. cessation of or freedom from any strife or dissension.
    6. freedom of the mind from annoyance, distraction, anxiety, an obsession, etc.; tranquillity; serenity.
    7. a state of tranquillity or serenity: May he rest in peace.
    8. a state or condition conducive to, proceeding from, or characterized by tranquillity: the peace of a mountain resort.
    9. silence; stillness: The cawing of a crow broke the afternoon's peace.
    10. (initial capital letter, italics) a comedy (421 b.c.) by Aristophanes.
    –interjection
    11. (used to express greeting or farewell or to request quietness or silence).
    12. Obsolete. to be or become silent.
    —Idioms
    13. at peace,
    a. in a state or relationship of nonbelligerence or concord; not at war.
    b. untroubled; tranquil; content.
    c. deceased.
    14. hold or keep one's peace, to refrain from or cease speaking; keep silent: He told her to hold her peace until he had finished.
    15. keep the peace, to maintain order; cause to refrain from creating a disturbance: Several officers of the law were on hand to keep the peace.
    16. make one's peace with, to become reconciled with: He repaired the fence he had broken and made his peace with the neighbor on whose property it stood.
    17. make peace, to ask for or arrange a cessation of hostilities or antagonism.
    [Origin: 1125–75; ME pes < OF, var. of pais < L pax (s. pāc-); akin to pact]

—Related forms
    peaceless, adjective
    peace&#183;less&#183;ness, noun
    peacelike, adjective

—Synonyms 2. armistice, truce, pact, accord. 3. rapport, concord, amity. 6. calm, quiet.
    —Antonyms 6. insecurity, disturbance.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

above are actual dictionary definitions of all of them. I find it interesting that you can MAKE all three and that all three can be "bought" or happen because of money. and Eris, it seems to me you've read a little too much Sartre. or if you haven't you should, you'd enjoy him.

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Wars fought for love and peace?

Ha ha ha! Somebody has certainly pulled the wool over your eyes!

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi-Usa1331 View Post
    above are actual dictionary definitions of all of them. I find it interesting that you can MAKE all three and that all three can be "bought" or happen because of money. and Eris, it seems to me you've read a little too much Sartre. or if you haven't you should, you'd enjoy him.
    Haven't gotten to that yet. I'm personally a Nietzsche sort of person, and since existentialism has been influenced by Nietzsche and his ilk, I probably would enjoy that as well.

Why don't fingers fing? Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2009 01:19 AM
    Threads

Please do not spam a topic with definitions like that. Multiple posting is against the rules and you know that no one will read that. Even I didn't and its my job to read posts.

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Or, perhaps Eris just sees the world for what it is and doesn't buy into the rose coloured sunglasses the majority of the population needs to look at it.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post
    Or, perhaps Eris just sees the world for what it is and doesn't buy into the rose coloured sunglasses the majority of the population needs to look at it.
    That's really what being a cynic is all about. Crushing those rose sunglasses like an insect under your foot and throwing people's idealistic delusions in their face.

Is Grimbo Scythe Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2010 05:06 PM
    Threads

wow
    seriously you think that?
    the SAME?
    there is a paradox here
    and the odd one out of that paradox is no where close to the others

so did any one here have a good Pi day?
    THUG LIFE
    _(\_/)
    _(XX)
    (>_)>stupid bunny
    avatar by the uber talented Nespa

grim:

Unrelenting; rigid.Uninviting or unnerving in aspect; forbidding sinister.

Semper Fidelis

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If you look in a dictionary, I doubt peace will be a synonym for war, and I highly doubt war will be a synonym for love.
    No power in the 'verse can stop me...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

sorry......I also highly suggest beckett eris, extremely good existentialist playwright. and being existentialist doesn't me you can't have that marvelous thing called hope. it's just the idea that what every you think is, will be.

Is Grimbo Scythe Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2010 05:06 PM
    Threads

so yeah my Pi day was decent
    last years was wayyy beter
    i actually got some food last year
    (yeah this is me ignoring the last post because it would just start a whole bunch of crap if i said anything about the "hope" comment)
    THUG LIFE
    _(\_/)
    _(XX)
    (>_)>stupid bunny
    avatar by the uber talented Nespa

grim:

Unrelenting; rigid.Uninviting or unnerving in aspect; forbidding sinister.

Semper Fidelis

Senior Member ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Aisu~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2007 06:08 PM
    Threads

are these three things the same? I think everyone's comments tell the answer... they can be connected in strange ways, but no, not even close to being the same. You don't even need definitions for these answers... no offense Chibi-usa.
    Your basically asking if peace, everyone not fighting in the world, is the same as:
    love, everyone is in total peace with eachother, because we've all discovered that we are all human, and we need eachother to survive (or something weird and lovey like that)
    and war, destroying everything for reasons you don't know, such as fear, protection, and just superiority.
    Thats just my opinion...

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

love and peace =/= war

You can't have peace and war. (not true peace anyways.)

~Made by me~

Member Raven 777 is infamous around these parts Raven 777 is infamous around these parts Raven 777 is infamous around these parts Raven 777 is infamous around these parts Raven 777 is infamous around these parts Raven 777 is infamous around these parts Raven 777's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-15-2007 03:35 PM
    Threads

War starts with Hate, War ends with Peace, Peace is sustained through Love. Thats what I think...they're kinda the same...in a way.

Patapon Warrior zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet has a reputation beyond repute zyronet's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2009 11:27 PM
    Threads

love, peace and war??
    all i know is the three are connected, in lots of reason. I would'nt use the word "same" If those three are the given, peace and war are opposite. ugh.. i don't know, it made me think hard again...

Ninja Jesus Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Aquarius Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 01:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Who cares about "love, peace and war?" It's all about peace love and CRABS!!!

anyway... no they are not the same... please don't try and explain any reasoning as to how they could ever be anything more or less than polar opposites! It's a stupid crap-fed dellusion. Open your eyes to reality, for everyone's sake. Please.

love
    dani
    dude
    Last edited by Yugure's Goddess; 04-14-2007 at 01:22 PM.
    Check out my wordpress blog:
    KamiYugure's Digital Notebooks

NICE MUSCLE! The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2010 02:18 AM
    Threads

All I can say is LOL! please, In reality (reality is the important part there) they are completly different concepts, two are false and one is true, I'll let you decide which are the fake ones.

Closed Thread

Thread Information